• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This hate boner people has for Ginger is dumbfounding. Her? mean? Have you guys been watching this show since the beginning? She's absolutely harmless compared to past shady and malicious queens. She says a couple of catty things during interviews, gives a couple of stares, and complains about young queens. That's almost every old queen.

Also, her Adele was on point in look and hilariously performed. There was the accent, dunking donuts in whine, the spaced out diva moments, a lots more. She 100% committed to portraying a funny, fully realized version of Adele. And she didn't need to tread blurry lines by picking a male celebrity.

You say Kennedy took risks, I say she picked the one character she's absolutely comfortable with. That's been her M.O. so far— conform the rules so she doesn't have to step out of her comfort zone.

royalan

This hate boner people has for Ginger is dumbfounding. Her? mean? Have you guys been watching this show since the beginning? She's absolutely harmless compared to past shady and malicious queens. She says a couple of catty things during interviews, gives a couple of stares, and complains about young queens. That's almost every old queen.

Also, her Adele was on point in look and hilariously performed. There was the accent, dunking donuts in whine, the spaced out diva moments, a lots more. She 100% committed to portraying a funny version of Adele, and she didn't need to tread blurry lines by picking a male celebrity.

You say Kennedy took risks, I say she picked the one character she's absolutely comfortable with. That's been her M.O. so far— conform the rules so she doesn't have to step out of her comfort zone.

It may have been Kennedy's comfort zone, but that doesn't change the fact that it was by and large the funniest performance of Snatch Game, and it was a big risk for the show. And nobody complained about Pandora's Carol Channing even though that was clearly her comfort zone, for example.

Anyway, I don't necessarily hate Ginger. I think she's a competent queen, but the show does seem to fawn over her. Her looks are never that thought out or really grand looking, and she's funny...but far from being one of the funnier girls this show has ever seen. She's a very average queen, to me.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'll accept average, as I can see where you're coming from. And I know you personally didn't paint her as the most spiteful queen, but I notice others do. She may as well be average even in her cattiness. But I guess every season there are roles that must be assigned, and her average shade is being misconstrued.

royalan

I'll accept average, as I can see where you're coming from. And I know you personally didn't paint her as the most spiteful queen, but I notice others do. She may as well be average even in her cattiness. But I guess every season there are roles that must be assigned, and her average shade is being misconstrued.

I will agree that I don't think Kennedy or Ginger have been any shadier than the other girls. They may be guilty of serving their shade to your face, but if you compare their shade to some of the flat out terrible things these girls have said about each other in confessionals, they both look tame, and all the more mature for at least being open about how they feel.

Frankly, now that Max is gone, the only Queen left who is really shade-less is Jaidynn. Too bad I can't count that as a positive for her, though, as she's also boring as fuck.

I finally got done with the untuck and it reaffirms my happiness that max was eliminated.

Fame should have went up for elimination and I'm still struggling as to how it has made it this far. The group challenges has really messed up the (imo) the quality of some of the queen. Obviously the stronger ones are serving but I feel like a lot of the weaker queen are being purposely pitted with people to help them up which I feel like an idiot for just realizing this.

I really, really, really don't get the hate for Ginger. I feel like she keeps it real rather than shady. I feel like a lot of the skinny queens feel some sort of entitlement because they can pull off looks easier and a bit of elitism goes with that whenever they throw shade, but at the same time, if the big queen throw shade, it's instantly mean. Now, I think Ginger is stating facts while being cute about it, where the other girls are literally trying to kill. Max comment about the Garbage Bag just turned me off.

mantidor

You know the weirdest thing in untucked was Pearl and Violet talking about queens coming back, if they were told about returning queens before the critics then wouldn't that make the bottom two lipsync kind of pointless? And why edit it that way? I hate when a show treats you like you are stupid.

And I get it, reality tv is scripted to death but this is sloppy, or they seriously think the audience is retarded, or they are going meta about how phony the whole thing is, I'm honestly lost with this season.

You know the weirdest thing in untucked was Pearl and Violet talking about queens coming back, if they were told about returning queens before the critics then wouldn't that make the bottom two lipsync kind of pointless? And why edit it that way? I hate when a show treats you like you are stupid.

And I get it, reality tv is scripted to death but this is sloppy, or they seriously think the audience is retarded, or they are going meta about how phony the whole thing is, I'm honestly lost with this season.
They weren't told about it, but it made sense in the context of:

1) their observation that the field was thinning and there only a few episodes left

and:

2) the reality that the show has brought back eliminated queens before

It was purely coincidence.

zeopower6

I think when you are at that point of the competition, you'd wonder if they would do that since it's nearly exactly when they have done it in other seasons.

Of course it was going to make it into the Untucked too considering that it actually happened LOL

mantidor

I just doubt anything is a coincidence with this show, at the very least they were told by the producers about the possibility so they could get footage.

I just doubt anything is a coincidence with this show, at the very least they were told by the producers about the possibility so they could get footage.
You're overthinking this stuff.

The deliberations take a lot longer than what's aired, so when it's just you and one other queen sitting there, the conversation will probably go in a million different directions. Untucked just aired the prescient aside as a wink.

I love the grand conspiracy theories that fans construct about Ru and her editors
lol.gif

mantidor

You're overthinking this stuff.

The deliberations take a lot longer than what's aired, so when it's just you and one other queen sitting there, the conversation will probably go in a million different directions. Untucked just aired the prescient aside as a wink.

I love the grand conspiracy theories that fans construct about Ru and her editors
lol.gif

What conspiracy theories? I'm talking about the obvious script of the show. This is expected in any reality.

Sounds a lot like Ginger too.

Seriously making fun of Adele for being fat and eating twinkies isn't exactly being "bold".

zeopower6

Producers did usually try to guide conversations in the last Untucked incarnation, however. Someone would be sitting there out of camera view telling queens what they should be talking about.

Ginger's Adele was like Stacey Lane's Precious. Pearl and Violet needed to be more than safe IMO. Pearl at least!

Matt_C

The comment when Alyssa said
"sit on my face" when asking Violet to show up in the future brought it home. I was living for the fangirl for Violet moment since I am a fan too

Also, please please do not bring back Max. I want to see some things mixed up and not bring back someone who just lost at her lip synch showdown. It would not shock me if
Jasmine Masters
returns.

zeopower6

The comment when Alyssa said
"sit on my face" when asking Violet to show up in the future brought it home. I was living for the fangirl for Violet moment since I am a fan too/spoiler].

Also, please please do not bring back Max. I want to see some things mixed up and not bring back someone who just lost at her lip synch showdown. It would not shock me if
Jasmine Masters
returns.
"What the fuck is going on in here" - Alyssa
-gets hairspray on-

And tbh, I think MAX probably should have won that lipsync.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I'm glad she got a kick out of it.

...you guys do know that since the episode has aired, you guys don't have to spoiler conversation about it, right? lol

I've never seen a thread so confused on spoiler etiquette. lol
I watch the show a day later since I don't have Logo, but can easily watch it on Logo.com on Tuesday.

I typically avoid this thread regardless, until I watch it.

What conspiracy theories? I'm talking about the obvious script of the show. This is expected in any reality.

Seriously making fun of Adele for being fat and eating twinkies isn't exactly being "bold".

But neither is being another Queen and failing at it. It's not like ginger was not being funny while she was Adele. The point was to stay in character and be funny. The bias is strong... She did what she could do and she won because of it... Like....?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the drag race keyboard is my new favourite thing

Max's Sharon impression was pretty on point, the voice and look and all. The problem was that she had zero jokes. lol

Pearl was amazing, Violet was great, I thought Fame did a great Donatella illusion too even though, like Max, not that funny.

Either way it's ridiculous that Max wins two challenges but doesn't get a chance to continue whereas Fame is bottom 3 almost always, and she never gets to lip sync. I guess they know that if or when she does, she'll be sent home.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh my fucking god
so Battle of the seasons is in london tomorrow, with Adore, Alaska, Ivy Winters, Jinx, Manilla, Pandora, Sharon and Bianca
obviously a fantastic line up and I would LOVE to go
but tickets are £115 each
like girl, who the fuck has that kind of money
Prices for tickets in spain and iceland are fucking 30 euros

Matt_

That's crazy, how are they justifying that price, do you get a golden dildo included.

I don't even know, they're general admission tickets too
its their only show in london which is crazy itself

Let me try and do their twitter comp for it and win vip tickets because its the only way Im going
edit; aah fuck the comp is closed

mantidor

Max's Sharon impression was pretty on point, the voice and look and all. The problem was that she had zero jokes. lol

We heard literally two lines from her, either it was that terrible or they just wanted to make her look really bad.

The thing is if it was that terrible they could have given at least more flatlines like they did with previous queens that tanked at the snatch game.

And now I guess I get why we don't see Fame or Katya drinking their cocktails.

We heard literally two lines from her, either it was that terrible or they just wanted to make her look really bad.

The thing is if it was that terrible they could have given at least more flatlines like they did with previous queens that tanked at the snatch game.

And now I guess I get why we don't see Fame or Katya drinking their cocktails.

Yeah, I have to keep reminding myself that everything is spliced and edited to oblivion on this show. Max even said that her little corset moment wasn't even attention-getting, but that she was untying her corset during someone else's critique and then Ru said that she can come down and unfasten it. The reason she broke out into song was because Ru asked her to sing something off Broadway as a joke. If that really were the case I would have been PISSED to watch it back and see that they used it to make me look insane. lol

I feel like the editors have been ruthless this season with some contestants.

I finally watched this episode and the weird edit of Max's runway "meltdown" was so bad. It didn't even make Max look crazy, it just seemed totally non-sensical, especially because it wasn't even acknowledged in the rest of the episode or Untucked. Each season this show drifts further from being an actual competition and more and more into a random assortment of reality TV tropes featuring drag queens, which would be fine, but its just so cheap and poorly done.

mantidor

I love fashion photo ruview and Raven and Raja, but some people take it way too seriously, they are not always on point because they just evaluate faceless photos, it's supposed to be a lighthearted youtube clip, comments on youtube and on reddit are so dramatic lol

Raja and Raven gave their top toot of the week to Kennedy - that's good enough confirmation for me.

I still think she's a shady bitch, but maybe that's why I like her?!

Rayis

I knew they were going to give the top toot to Kennedy because she followed the theme the most out of everyone, and the gown was pretty nice honestly, as much as I loved Violet's look, I know she wasn't giving much lace and I was even expecting them to boot it, but thankfully Violet's perfect toot record is still intact, along with Fame's.

KiN0

Raja and Raven gave their top toot of the week to Kennedy - that's good enough confirmation for me.

I still think she's a shady bitch, but maybe that's why I like her?!
Kennedy's problem was always the fact that she threw all that shade without ever showing that she had any talent of her own. Snatch game was the first time she showed any ability whatsoever, and if she can continue to ride this wave, I can see her being more bearable in the future.

Kennedy's problem was always the fact that she threw all that shade without ever showing that she had any talent of her own. Snatch game was the first time she showed any ability whatsoever, and if she can continue to ride this wave, I can see her being more bearable in the future.
Agree with that.

B-Dex

Just finished re watching S3. Delta Werk is an insufferable C * N T. She was so insecure she was just a nasty ho bag the entire season. Even in the reunion show.

I don't see anyone from this season being so hateful thankfully.

zeopower6

Hmm, Delta was just very insecure at the time, I think... and her humor is super shady/bitchy, lol. She is probably the fiercest big girl the show has ever had tbh.

Wilsongt

If only all shady queens could actually kill the runway. And, apparently, not all shady queens are that bitchy. roxxxy and phi phi are apparently sweeties. Dame with Tati.

B-Dex

Just re watched the psycho edit. It really was bizarre. Almost to the point of being slanderous. Like look how crazy this fool is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom