• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm gonna agree that this was easily the best challenge all season. And definitely one the best compared to past seasons.

Too bad it's too specific to be a recurring one. Because this is one the best ways to bring back someone.

kirblar

People need to stop being butthurt over Max being eliminated just like with Milk.

People need to be more annoyed at how shady Kennedy was during that challenge. Granted, Jaidyn did already lipsync twice and she was the most likely candidate to go this week, but that was just dirty of her. Tempest deserved a chance to look fierce.

I am just glad both Ginger and Sasha turned it out. That was AMAZING.

Edit: Also, if most of the people who follow the show didn't already know that Trixie was going to come back, I would have definitely thought Kasha would have come back simply due to all of the glowing remarks the judges gave the two of them.

I have a bit of a problem with that in that there really was no mystery surrounded Trixie coming back. She almost said it outright on Twitter with all of her hints. Ru needs to wrangle in the eliminated queens on social media a bit better post-shooting and elimination.
Trixie is pissed because she thinks she was eliminated specifically because they knew this twist was coming up. Given the way her boot ep was edited, I can't say I think she was wrong.

This was one of the best ways to bring a queen back, but they can't really use it too much as it's too predictable. But I'm glad the Drag Race still has juice in them left to do something gimmicky but fun.

mantidor

People need to stop being butthurt over Max being eliminated just like with Milk.

Never! #JusticeForMax

But seriously Milk is meh for me, Max was fantastic sans snatch game and after that nasty edit in her elimination episode she was the most deserving of justice of them all. But yeah it was painfully obvious it was Trixie coming back.

Raxus

Two things I learned from Untucked.

1. I am ready for Kennedy to go home which is the first time I actually wanted a snatch game winner to leave the show.
2. Jasmine Masters is still insufferable.

Fame and Kennedy are likely the next to get knocked off.

I was also wondering who is the villain in this season. Ginger Minj? I find it especially hard to find the shadiest queen.

Katya deserves to win more.

My predictions on who's next to go:

7th: Miss Fame
6th: Trixie
5th: Either Pearl or Violet

Top 4: Kennedy (ugh), Ginger, Katya, Pearl or Violet

Ginger deserves to be top 3 though. Sure she comes off as two-faced in Untucked, and she probably is in real life, but that's a minor complaint really. She's playing a game and she gets frustrated, no biggie. She's definitely one of the most talented and well-rounded players right now.

cory64

Ginger and Pearl seemed locked for T3, their edits this week were very strong.
Kennedy is going home in the next 3 weeks, she had nothing going on this week coming off of a Snatch Game win.

Ginger and Pearl seemed locked for T3, their edits this week were very strong.
Kennedy is going home in the next 3 weeks, she had nothing going on this week coming off of a Snatch Game win.

Ginger, Pearl and Katya then?

That's a really really strong top 3.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Could Kennedy be the most unjustified queen kept by Ru? Can anyone who has a finger on social media's pulse share their thoughts?

Examples of past contestants who were clearly kept under Ru's wing (imo): Adore, Trinity, Tyra, etc.

As you can see, Kennedy is nowhere near those queens as far as polish and overall qualities go. I've never been this dumbfounded by Ru's decision to keep someone.

Could it be nepotism lol? Is she the drag daughter of someone close?!

Wilsongt

Could Kennedy be the most unjustified queen kept by Ru? Can anyone who a finger on social media pulse share their thoughts?

Examples of past contestants who were clearly kept under Ru's wing (imo): Adore, Trinity, Tyra, etc.

As you can see, Kennedy is nowhere near those queens as far as polish and overall qualities go. I've never been this dumbfounded by Ru's decision.

Paying respects to Sahara, perhaps?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ginger deserves to be top 3 though. Sure she comes off as two-faced in Untucked, and she probably is in real life, but that's a minor complaint really. She's playing a game and she gets frustrated, no biggie. She's definitely one of the most talented and well-rounded players right now.
Out of that you got one thing right.

iFXq5zvACw0z1.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
eurgh
untucked makes me wish that katya and kasha won
those two were so funny together
such a shame we didnt get that personality through when kasha was actually there

edit; beauty and grace
Sw6PPIC.png

mantidor

Could Kennedy be the most unjustified queen kept by Ru? Can anyone who has a finger on social media's pulse share their thoughts?

As you can see, Kennedy is nowhere near those queens as far as polish and overall qualities go. I've never been this dumbfounded by Ru's decision to keep someone.

She winning that minichallenge uurrgh...

Ru, producers:

uYpMyKE.png

razznjazz

Neo Member
For a solid two seconds, I thought Ru was gunna throw the cards in the air and bring back Kasha because her twinsie with Katya was amazeballs. Also, WTF is up with Sasha? Even Sasha treats Sasha like a non-entity. A supposed superfan but she's basically like "sorry I existed this episode and pulled down a clear frontrunner for F3." She has one expression: U___U

Katya is growing on me even more despite a mediocre Snatch Game. I think with some queens (Tempest, Jaidynn) you see them struggle and feel sorry for them, but don't necessarily feel they have a place in the final rounds of the competition. Katya, on the other hand, is a fully-realized character and strong contender, but also allows us to see her undrag (or dedrag?) as a gay man with personal struggles. That's why I loved Jinkx so much.

zeopower6

I didn't like how Violet/MAX was such a non-thing in this episode. They looked amazing and it was just like "oh, you're safe this was eh" =_=~

Violet hasn't been a bitch the last few episodes, and I like that.

I agree! She's really fun when she's being nice. I can always appreciate flawless looks in a queen but if you have a shitty personality it kind of ruins it for me. I'm hoping the new Violet stays.

Still broken-hearted about Max.. u_u I'm not disappointed Trixie came back over some of the other people I just don't think Max should have been out on her ass for one mistake, like many of you have mentioned already. Lord, can you imagine the riots if Jasmine came back?

Also LATRIIIIIIIIICE fuck I missed her ;_;. One of the most beautiful human beings to come through the show, if I could meet only one queen it would be her.

Violet was never really a bitch tbh, she was just snappish, I could see her getting to top 3, even over Pearl.

Unless we missed a LOT of behind the scenes bitchiness, a lot of the hate she got from the other queens in past episodes seems unwarranted. But I do remember the ageism and that sort of thing when they first met in the work room, so idk.. maybe it's different when you're there in person.

kirblar

I don't think the editing's making anything up re: Violet- she was definitely pissing people off early on by being a pain to work with, everyone called her on it after a few episodes and she course-corrected.

mantidor

I didn't like how Violet/MAX was such a non-thing in this episode. They looked amazing and it was just like "oh, you're safe this was eh" =_=~

It's so bullshit they were low safe, I was watching it with my friend and she loved them above the rest, not to mention she was a favorite for many in the party viewing I went to, people were pissed Max was eliminated.

mantidor

I don't think the editing's making anything up re: Violet- she was definitely pissing people off early on by being a pain to work with, everyone called her on it after a few episodes and she course-corrected.
Well Mrs Kasha comments to Violet herself kind of are proof she actually changed for real.

Fake edit: ooops double post.

zeopower6

It looked like the same old thing they always do.

tbh, the only ones that really pushed their look beyond what the judges had seen before were Kasha/Katya. It was just odd that they gave the Violet/MAX team the same edit they gave to Kandy, barely one at all. Kandy is probably one of the least visible contestants in the history of Drag Race to make it as far as she did. Watching Untucked was a little painful since there was a moment where they kinda panned to her for a reaction and then it was just "...." before never showing her again.

At this point, I really wonder if they will do another Top 4 Finale unless someone among Ginger/Violet/Katya/Pearl completely mess up. I'm not sure if Trixie will make it there but I guess we'll see how she does in the next episode.

B-Dex

Ginger did a feastoffun interview. It was really good. Kind of here for almost all the queens now except Kennedy and while I like fame as a person she can go too.

Now THAT was an episode.

Come on with Kennedy winning that mini challenge though. Katya was hysterical and I'm not too happy to see her in the forever runner up slot. She's my favorite queen this season but I don't see her breaking out any further. I would love to be wrong.

I'm thrilled to see Trixie back and she and Pearl slayed on the runway (I'm thawing on Pearl but I still think there's no there there).

I'm baffled at all of the Max love. Yes some wonderful looks and yes she was sent home too early and unfairly BUT she has no sense of humor or irony. That transatlantic accent even out of character should be enough reason for her to go away. Terrible. She needed to lighten up, get a sense of humor about herself to stay in the game. Her Sharon was cringe worthy and aggressively un-funny. I mean, you do an old woman schtick, why not go all in and find an old woman to really dig into and lampoon?

Max seems like a lovely person, but she needs to go back and cook for a while longer and stop being so self-serious. It's not a good look.

Wilsongt

Toot it and Boot is is out, and this is a case where not seeing the make-up definitely was a negative for Raja and Raven. They gave the top toot to Sasha/Ginger. They couldn't tell that Pearl/Trixie where doing ugly and beautiful without the make=up. However, in the past, they have both admitted they made mistakes without also seeing the make-up, so this will definitely be the case.

mantidor

Max just comes off as a prude.

In some interview I read she toned it down because her grandparents and nephews were going to watch.

Also watcha pakin' is the most bizarre thing ever is like Michelle becomes a completely different person, for the one with Max she even says she showed "variety", wth? After the critics on the show?

zeopower6

Max just comes off as a prude.

Her mom wrote a letter about that on MAX's Facebook. Her grandparents and little brother (11 years old) were going to watch the show.

"Dear Max fans,
My sincere apologies for what must be a bit of a disappointment for you as Max walks away from Drag Race for good. I must admit, from my end, as a mom, it is a bit of a relief, even though we watched the show so proudly! (side note: he knew his grandparents and 11 year old brother would be watching, so maybe that explains the "prude" thing. They'd close their eyes during the pit crew scenes. And those Cucumber and Banana commercials were a bit much for that demographic too).
Anyway, we came to realize how carefully controlled everything was, and we never knew what sort of ever-present shade would be thrown. I sort of hated not knowing how they would decide to portray Max. I haven't watched reality TV at all prior to this. I guess I thought the word reality meant something different. I probably won't lose another moment of my life to it. Yikes! Too exciting for me. Give me PBS and David Attenborough realness anytime. David Attenborough is my drag mom. Maybe Ken Burns actually.
I feel that I am largely responsible for the fact that Max has never had a super-competitive, cutthroat edge, so don't be too disappointed in him. He may have needed more of that, among other traits, to get through this show. We Malanaphys are more of a cooperative group. (I made them play those weird board games where the only way to win is for everyone to work together to save the whales or build the rainbow.)
Collaboration always seemed to yield way more creative and engaging results than competition, and always provided more than one winner smile emoticon.
One proud moment for me recently was when Max advised Fame and Violet (about Snatch Game)
"Well one of you will have to be the bigger person and give up that character."
That's what you sort of hope your kids will learn.
But then to my surprise, RuPaul proceeded to tell them just the opposite: "This is a competition, and you step over the other girls (or on them?) to win". I guess on some level, I get that. I clearly saw at that moment that Max had been at odds with what he needed to do to stay on this show.
But it's just not the way we roll. How about if someone is down, you pick them up and take them along with you? We're better together in this life. We lift each other up.
And thus, the end of this chapter, but far from the end of the Max story. Trust me. That boy has a lot up his sleeve, as does Sir Daniel Green.
We LOVE all of you, his fans. You get him like we get him. I'm proud to be a part of the Collective. I hope you are too.
Tell him what you want him to do next! He's ready to meet you all and work with you on great things.
Positive energy, good karma.
Love,
Liz...Max's mom"

In some interview I read she toned it down because her grandparents and nephews were going to watch.

Also watcha pakin' is the most bizarre thing ever is like Michelle becomes a completely different person, for the one with Max she even says she showed "variety", wth? After the critics on the show?

That makes it 100 times worse.

You're tailoring your drag to make it grandma friendly? You deserve to go home.

mantidor

That makes it 100 times worse.

You're tailoring your drag to make it grandma friendly? You deserve to go home.

I don't mind, it's certainly a bit of fresh air, every drag act goes for the cheap sexual innuendo. I do love Katya's raunchy-ness though, I think there's enough place for both.

And a side note, but I absolutely love Trixie is basically the Batman of drag given the origin of her name.

I don't mind, it's certainly a bit of fresh air, every drag act goes for the cheap sexual innuendo. I do love Katya's raunchy-ness though, I think there's enough place for both.

And a side note, but I absolutely love Trixie is basically the Batman of drag given the origin of her name.

It's not so much that Max needed to be raunchy. I don't think that's the secret to great drag. BUT not everything needs to be family friendly, especially not drag. Imo once you start worrying how your art is going to come off to a 10-year-old or your grandparents you aren't really much of an artist at that point. Which is a shame as Max seems very talented. But she has a built-in low ceiling of possibility if she's going to remain hung up on what her family thinks of her creative endeavors.

So yeah...I kind of wanted Max back, she and Violet were gorgeous...I'm kind of over this post-season 4 mentality of everything having to be funny, but whatever.
I mean...ugh...don't get me wrong that was a really, really entertaining twist-filled episode, but I wasn't really excited to see anybody but Max come back; in my eyes, she was the only queen this season that was let go with a lot of potential following her out the door.

Like...Trixie's kookiness is endearing and she's a cool head, but she went home on the 4th episode (Elimnated by a challenge that was supposed to be her specialty), she wasn't a very funny comedy queen, and (despite the fun style of makeup) her aesthetics were middling at best.
What does she really have to offer at this point in the competition against hungry girls like Pearl, Violet, Katya, or Ginger?

I'm team Violet, officially

Welcome girlfriend! :>

Edit:
Violet was never really a bitch tbh, she was just snappish, I could see her getting to top 3, even over Pearl.

Also this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom