• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I hadn't even heard that song before
you could tell in both of them they had absolutely no passion for it, and hew can blame them?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hadn't even heard that song before
you could tell in both of them they had absolutely no passion for it, and hew can blame them?
Miss Fame rolling her eyes for most of the song and Pearl lip sync was more in point but a bit of kill me bitch on ha face.

Disappointed in Pearl for not working that role better. The challenge seemed stacked for Ginger to take it since that scene was 80% her and 20% Trixie. At least Katya took a peripheral role and made it great. Mostly I just hate that Ginger has a big advantage right now with 3 wins, everybody else has 1 or 2. I liked it when it was all neck to neck, lol.

I'm still gunning for Violet, Pearl, Katya and Ginger in the top 4. Hopefully Trixie or Kennedy fumble next week. With love of course. :p

That lipsync song was everything that is wrong with American pop music right now, lol. Bye Fame! I thought Fame's dress, whilst not ugly per se, did look like something Amber Von Tussle would wear. If she'd only danced the Roach to that boring song she might've had a sliver of a chance.

Am I the only one bored with Ginger's looks? She did a great job in the challenge but that was her ugliest dress? The hair and the dress looked like what she wears every week, it just had green polkadots on it is all.

Katya. We all love her right? Miss Congeliality? Just because I don't think she will win, but she's been consistently funny and brought different looks, what a star!

Vazra

That lipsync song was everything that is wrong with American pop music right now, lol. Bye Fame! I thought Fame's dress, whilst not ugly per se, did look like something Amber Von Tussle would wear. If she'd only danced the Roach to that boring song she might've had a sliver of a chance.

Am I the only one bored with Ginger's looks? She did a great job in the challenge but that was her ugliest dress? The hair and the dress looked like what she wears every week, it just had green polkadots on it is all.

Katya. We all love her right? Miss Congeliality? Just because I don't think she will win, but she's been consistently funny and brought different looks, what a star!

Ginger is serving most of the time the same look but then again Bianca Del Rio won serving the same dress in different colors and materials and 3 different wigs through the full season.

Katya is great and if she doesnt win get Miss Congeniality.

Bye Fameicia.

kirblar

This week kinda indicated to me that last week's episode should have been only a +1 and not a +1/-1. All of a sudden Trixie's in F6 with half the exposure and it feels really weird.

Also, again with the damn acting challenges- let them do their own stuff!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Judging from untucked they actually customised all their runway outfits for the ugly challenge
how annoying that the neglected to show any of it

edit; Episode ten promo
Looks interesting, another group challenge though

mantidor

I've written this season off.

Horrible challenges.

Terrible group of girls.

I have to agree.

It did have some truly amazing runways, and Katya is hilarious in her youtube videos but those are not part of the season per se. That's about it for this season.

I wouldn't agree with that at all (nor do I think that opinion is widespread among the majority of RPDR7's audience)
I've honestly been enjoying this season so far; Katya, Violet, Pearl, and even Kennedy and Ginger have been very enjoyable to watch.

But damn...
you'd think the curve wouldn't drop so low after coming off last week's exciting twist filled episode.
I'm really not a huge John Waters fan and I'm not very familiar with Divine or her work, so I didn't really find the maxi challenge entertaining in the slightest; it was honestly kind of just weird, dumb, and uneventful.
Honestly, staring at Violet's horribly ugly yet amazing rainbow clown dress for an hour or so would have been a more fulfilling experience.
...I'm honestly getting sick and tired of all these team comedy/acting challenges; where are all the solo beauty/fashion/makeover challenges at?

Also, Trixie's performing exactly like she was before she left...mediocrely.
I really can't see her lasting for more than one more episode; I'm sure she's a great performer outside RPDR, but she's honestly not hungry enough.

Hopefully the next episode is better.
http://thehomohappyhour.podomatic.com/entry/2015-04-21T12_39_42-07_00

the exact statement is at 17:20, but the question that leads into it starts at about 16 mins in.

Interesting to know, but tbh...if I didn't know any better I'd think most queens were genderfluid, bi-gender, or genderqueer.
:p

The only con with season 7, to me, is the number of group challenges. That's the only thing that never wants to die. But I LOVE this top 6. The fashions have been outrageous, and the challenges (while yes, mostly group oriented) had creative premises that I've really enjoyed.

Though I guess it's customary to shit on the current season and then praise it once the next one comes along.

royalan

The only con with season 7, to me, is the number of group challenges. That's the only thing that never wants to die. But I LOVE this top 6. The fashions have been outrageous, and the challenges (while yes, mostly group oriented) had creative premises that I've really enjoyed.

Though I guess it's customary to shit on the current season and then praise it once the next one comes along.
When has that ever happened?

Anecdotal whatever, I'm reading reviews online, im talking to friende IRL, I'm stalking ONTD. I've never seen so many people so down on a season of Drag Race.

Wilsongt

Because some of the girls just aren't interesting. Fame was a bust. Tempest left early. Violet is all fashion and no substance.

I love Ginger and Katya. Kennedy has her moments, like during this Untucked. Pearl is hit or miss. Trixie is falling flat...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches

The challenges have been creative, but I can't remember a cast falling so short of an acceptable performance as much as this one. They're mostly looks, really sharp looks, but almost no depth to their talent.

In past seasons I felt there more standouts in comedy, wit, shade, acting, singing, dancing, sewing, fashion, and makeup. This seasons I feel the boxes that been checked were the latter two. Sometimes I even wonder if Katya and Minj couldn't standout in past seasons in the humor and acting departments... I don't know honestly.

But I will say that I'm in agreement with Royalan— I've been keeping my ears to the ground and I've felt a very strong, negative impression from fans and queens alike. Almost rivaling the earliest seasons.

Regardless of my enjoyment of this season, I can definitely sense a regression, both in regular episodes and untucked (despite the superior format). I just have a feeling that Ru is not very happy.

Raxus

Completely agreed. I think most would do as well.

Besides Katya and Trixie I have to agree even then I feel this season has been overwhelmingly Rupaul Drag Race Lite.

Katya is Alaska Lite (granted if there was someone you'd want to be the lite version of it'd be Alaska)
Ginger is Latrice Lite (minus the loveable personality and getting the nuts out of her face)
Trixie is the closest to original I can make but lacks the personality so far to push her as a winner.
Fame was Alyssa Edwards Lite (minus the constant editing that made Alyssa unintentionally hilarious)
Etc.

I am scared at the thought Ginger may win this competition.

I will say this though, it is kind of refreshing having a close competition after last season had Bianca steam roll the competition.

kirblar

Besides Katya and Trixie I have to agree even then I feel this season has been overwhelmingly Rupaul Drag Race Lite.

Katya is Alaska Lite (granted if there was someone you'd want to be the lite version of it'd be Alaska)
Ginger is Latrice Lite (minus the loveable personality and getting the nuts out of her face)
Trixie is the closest to original I can make but lacks the personality so far to push her as a winner.
Fame was Alyssa Edwards Lite (minus the constant editing that made Alyssa unintentionally hilarious)
Etc.

I will say this though, it is kind of refreshing having a close competition after last season had Bianca steam roll the competition.
I feel like this season is sort of an overcorrection for that- last season had way better personalities even though Bianca was blatantly heads above everyone else- here, there's no front-runner, but there's no standouts either.

Wilsongt

Etc.

Bianca got on her boat and sailed through that competition.

I am fine with a Ginger or Katya win. We need a big girl to win. And Katya is just Katya.

zeopower6

I am losing interest fast which is weird since I like most of the remaining queens. I just watch the episode once and I'm like ehhh whatever.

I like Katya, and Pearl, but...I dunno I'm not seeing any queens this season that feel like a true contender. Alaska, Adore, Latrice, Raja, Bianca, Sharon, Willam, Courtney, Manila...

They all seem on a different stratosphere.

Monocle

Bianca got on her boat and sailed through that competition.

I am fine with a Ginger or Katya win. We need a big girl to win. And Katya is just Katya.
Do we really? I think we need a skilled and charismatic queen to win. RPDR doesn't have to be diversity bingo.

mantidor

I'm really warming up to Violet, for such a young kid to be so aware of drag history and excited of Divine and Waters, in this party viewing I attend to no one knew who Divine is, it was kind of disheartening seeing Divine introduced and no one shouting and screaming like they do when any of the popular queens this season like Trixie or Fame appear, I hope they at least go out and see Pink Flamingos and leave completely horrified about it as goddess Divine intended.

Do we really? I think we need a skilled and charismatic queen to win. RPDR doesn't have to be diversity bingo.

That's not what everyone said after the first 2 winners were "Ru-Clones."
aka black.
iGozPVhtCDwiV.gif

Agree to disagree then. I think Pearl is excellent in a way that no other queen I've seen shares. She's just a cool kid. This sort of restrained elegance and aloof personality really sets her apart from any other queen I've seen on the show.

I think these queens are fantastic, but I do think the challenges should have catered more to their strengths. Bianca and Dela types would excel better in a Ru-enactment challenge, for example.

Should have gone with the season 3 challenge gamut of "make dresses out of random shit." The runways have been stronger than ever this cycle.

I think once we have so many alumni on this show we hold new fish up to a higher standard, but we can only have so many different "types" of queens. At this point it's time to just take these new queens for what they are instead of trying to compare them to the previous mascot of their respective drag style. It's unfair to the new people.

royalan

My problem is they didn't do a good job getting a diverse group of girls this season.

You say the show needs to show off their talents more, but what are their talents? None of the girls can act (as we've seen in the countless acting challenges this season that pretty much everyone bombed), sing or sew. And only three of the girls have any sort of comedic timing. Hardly any of these girls are entertaining on a basic level.

The runways have been nice, but when you think about it, this group of girls have had more opportunities to walk down the runway in pre-made looks than any group of girls from any of the earlier seasons. Shit, at this point the runway BETTER be good, it's the only thing this season's got going for it.

Vazra

Not every challenge can be about modeling cause that seems to be what most of these girls do. There are about 3 comedy queens and 3 that can kinda sing. I think there are only 2 who "know" how to make dresses. The thing is that they must know how to do multiple things and most of these queens seem to only know 1 thing at best and some ironically do good at some challenges by luck.

Rayis

At this point I have made peace with the fact that Ginger is going to be top 3 and possibly even win, the only thing I want is for Kennedy to not make into the top 3 and for Violet,Pearl or Katya to be in the top 3.

Yeah at this point only Ginger is a lock. Kinda cool seeing everybody neck and neck this far into it.

I love Pearl so much for some weird reason. Though Katya is my spirit animal.

okno

I haven't seen this week's episode outside of the read challenge (which was... okay. I liked how most of the queens, especially Katya, were open to the reads instead of taking it personally), but it inspired me in a way I haven't been inspired in a while.

I'm a DJ and a bedroom music producer, although I haven't released any of my own music. For some reason, though, this woke something up inside of me and I thought some of you might get a kick out of it.

I present, The Library

That said, I'm glad the queen who went is gone, but I feel she still had a lot to present. She just had to grow out of her skin some more.

zeopower6

Yeah at this point only Ginger is a lock. Kinda cool seeing everybody neck and neck this far into it.

I love Pearl so much for some weird reason. Though Katya is my spirit animal.

It would be utterly hilarious if Ginger wasn't a lock >_>

But they are pretty much shoving her in our faces as "LOOK SHE'S TOP 3 AND UP FOR THE WIN" at this point.

mantidor

I'll honestly be very sad if Violet isn't in the top 3.

Seriously.

She hasn't actually bombed at any challenge, she has even been really good at some like Snatch Game, her runway kills it. Every. Single. Time. Even in a worst dress runway she fucking kills it, and yet she keeps being a low safe the whole season? To hell with this edit, it makes no sense.

zeopower6

Seriously.

She hasn't actually bombed at any challenge, she has even been really good at some like Snatch Game, her runway kills it. Every. Single. Time. Even in a worst dress runway she fucking kills it, and yet she keeps being a low safe the whole season? To hell with this edit, it makes no sense.

Getting Courtney/Dela'd?

Getting Courtney/Dela'd?

Why do they hate (or have an indifference towards...) the queens I love?!?
T.T

Seriously.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly.

zeopower6

tbh, I hate the "she's not doing horribly but we don't want her to win" edit. It happens on a lot of reality shows and stiiiiiiiinks.

LOL @ Untucked. Empty room realness.

Kennedy: y'all need to come back in hurrrr

KiN0

While I like Katya alot, I'm betting Violet, Kennedy, Ginger, and Pearl will be top four. From there, anybody could go home except Ginger who is undoubtedly making top 3.

KiN0

Oh well, the winner's crown doesn't mean much aside from that delicious $100k prize money. Looking back at the past winners, most of them have fallen into obscurity while their runner ups have gotten more popular. Bianca and Raja are the only one who seems to have capitalized on their victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom