• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiN0

There's no reason for her not to be top three at this point, she only really "fucked up" on the second episode and even then she still had charisma and killed the lip sync. Ever since she's either been safe, high, or winning. And yeah, she's the only one who hasn't had any conflict with another queen.

She and Kennedy have the best track record so far, so I can see either of them fucking up just to even out the playing field. My guess is:

WIN: Violet
SAFE: Pearl
SAFE: Ginger/Katya
BTM2: Kennedy
BTM2: Katya/Ginger

Does past performance really mean anything on elimination day? Max was sent home despite the fact that she had never been in the bottom three prior to her elimination while Jaidynn, who had lipsynced the week before got to stay.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Katya needs to be top 5
0f93302070.gif

zeopower6

Does past performance really mean anything on elimination day? Max was sent home despite the fact that she had never been in the bottom three prior to her elimination while Jaidynn, who had lipsynced the week before got to stay.

Didn't Ben get sent home after doing well all season?

Katya needs to be top 5
0f93302070.gif

Haha she already is now, but they always get shady around this time in the season so I can see her getting eliminated next week, even though she's performed probably the best so far.

I still think back to Dela's elimination last season and how fucking sour I was about it. She had the BEST gown of the five, but no. "I've already seen this kinda thing before," they said. "I don't know how much more she can offer," they said. Pfff.

Even if Katya goes home next week, she's still the breakout star of Drag Race Season 7. Friggin iconic, and a lock for Miss Congeniality if anything.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Haha she already is now, but they always get shady around this time in the season so I can see her getting eliminated next week, even though she's performed probably the best so far.

I still think back to Dela's elimination last season and how fucking sour I was about it. She had the BEST gown of the five, but no. "I've already seen this kinda thing before," they said. "I don't know how much more she can offer," they said. Pfff.

Even if Katya goes home next week, she's still the breakout star of Drag Race Season 7. Friggin iconic, and a lock for Miss Congeniality if anything.

How many times did Bianca deliver the same dress on the runway with a different color and different fabric tho?

zeopower6

They should have just eliminated Darienne. But then I think Ben would have been a threat to Bianca winning.

I really don't know who they want to win this season. If they were trying to get us to root for Kennedy and Ginger, they did not succeed.

Kennedy/Katya atm have the best overall records of queens on S7 and for the last few seasons, the queens with the best overall records of high placements/wins/not being in the bottom 3 have also won (after S3, I think since everyone in the top 3 were basically equal) BUT maybe things will change with this season? If that is not the case however, Ginger and Pearl are not in the running for the win while Violet/Katya/Kennedy are potential winners depending on who lasts after next week.

What's with the three double wins this season too? So dumb.

They should have just eliminated Darienne. But then I think Ben would have been a threat to Bianca winning.

I really don't know who they want to win this season. If they were trying to get us to root for Kennedy and Ginger, they did not succeed. (Kennedy/Katya atm have the best overall records of queens on S7)

Yeah they obviously steer the competition to get the finalists that would best serve the brand, but this is a weird season because the people that you'd think they're positioning as winners aren't getting the love. Ginger just isn't well liked. Pearl and Katya are definitely the most popular queens it seems, but one has been way too inconsistent and the other one doesn't seem to get a lot of positive judges' attention. I would be the least shocked if Ginger won, but they have a lot of work to do in the next two episodes to get people to vote for Ginger before the reunion. Coz as it stands she would come in 4th or 5th in popularity.

And yeah, the only reason Dela got eliminated early was because she was the only one who could possibly steal fan votes away from Bianca. No one really hated her. Get her out early, and Bianca's front-runner status is unscathed.

zeopower6

I think a Ginger or Kennedy win would make a lot of people angry, lol. Last season we didn't have any queens like that in the finale. (indifference towards Courtney, Adore had her rabid fanbase and was generally good TV/likable)

A Katya win is probably the least dramatic result but it's hard to justify imo. I know a lot of people LOVE Katya but I think she's always been "above average" but not "amazing" in most of what she's done on the show aside from maybe the John Waters challenge. Her win in Ru Hollywood Stories was questionable and I think Violet carried her to a win in this last episode.

One thing I don't like about all these group challenges is how SOMETIMES it's judged as a group and SOMETIMES it's individually.

A post from Reddit by Trixie:

Her 3DS friend code~
I play Pokemon and Zelda currently. 2122-8889-9899

I'm nervous for Katya tonight :( Here's what I'm predicting:

WIN: Pearl
SAFE: Violet
SAFE: Ginger
ELIM: Katya

It'll be a Dela-caliber shitstorm on social media if I'm right.

oti

Banned
I googled the show because of this thread and watched an episode on YouTube. It's so random. So it's like Top Model + Project Runway + Lip syncing? Why lip syncing. Anyway, it was fun.

I googled the because of this show and watched an episode on YouTube. It's so random. So it's like Top Model + Project Runway + Lip syncing? Why lip syncing. Anyway, it was fun.

Drag queens typically lip sync during performances. It's an art form in and of itself

Gradon

Lip sync battles are also super fierce.

I googled the because of this show and watched an episode on YouTube. It's so random. So it's like Top Model + Project Runway + Lip syncing? Why lip syncing. Anyway, it was fun.

If you like it you should catch up on all seven seasons, it's seriously a bunch of fun.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not sure why people are scared for katya
In the last five episodes shes won twice and been high three times and throughout the show her and kennedy have the best record
Its ginj and pearl that need watching

mantidor

I googled the show because of this thread and watched an episode on YouTube. It's so random. So it's like Top Model + Project Runway + Lip syncing? Why lip syncing. Anyway, it was fun.

Lipsync is the basic stuff of drag queen acts, they've been doing it for decades.

Not sure why people are scared for katya
In the last five episodes shes won twice and been high three times and throughout the show her and kennedy have the best record
Its ginj and pearl that need watching

Those two have been protected from the start, they are not going anywhere.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm nervous for Katya tonight :( Here's what I'm predicting:

WIN: Pearl
SAFE: Violet
SAFE: Ginger
ELIM: Katya

It'll be a Dela-caliber shitstorm on social media if I'm right.
You're feeling it too, sis? I really want to be wrong. Kennedy, Minj, and Katya— I have a feeling one of these older queens will go home tonight.

If Katya survives the night she'll win the season. Please hold while I print the receipt.

You're feeling it too, sis? I really want to be wrong. Kennedy, Minj, and Katya— I have a feeling one of these older queens will go home tonight.

If Katya survives the night she'll win the season. Please hold while I print the receipt.

Yeah, if Katya makes it past this episode there's no way she won't win. Which is precisely why they'll probably get rid of her. lol

zeopower6

Calling it, Violet is going. Shame too since I actually started to like her.

Violet? Leaving after the ball? She would have to REALLY mess up.

And Katya is the one who is probably the biggest threat to whoever producers want to win (if it isn't Katya). I feel like Katya could get Alaska'd if she doesn't get Dela'd.

Though I can see Ginger or Kennedy completely flopping in this challenge since the younger queens of this set of five have a good handle on their fashionz.

Vitanimus

I'll be more disappointed if Violet goes home over katya... at least I'm moderately prepared for katya :(

and this will be bigger than dela, since katya has firmly established a pretty big and vocal. fanbase. Ru better run.

Wilsongt

I'll be okay if Kennedy goes home. Yes, she is doing well, but I don't find her top 3...

Ginger and violet are safe... I am also thinking it's going to be a Dela with Kennedy vs Katya and Katya going home.

Also, Reddit really hates Ginger and loves Violet.

Personally, I just can't get behind Violet. She may be a young queen, but she is nowhere near the polish Tyra was...

zeopower6

Spoilers are out and guuuuuuuurl.

B2 + Eliminated Queen + Lipsync Song + Challenge Winner in tags. DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Bottom 2 - Kennedy and Katya
Eliminated - Katya
Challenge Winner - Violet
Lipsync Song - Roar by Katy Perry

Well, the fandom is going to EXPLODE tonight. Got my popcorn ready.

mantidor

Bah the stream cut right at the elimination 😭

Are the spoilers confirmed?

Edit: they are buu

That bottom two again made no sense, but we know the ones who have "plot armor" anyway, so it wasn't that surprising.

And you can throw all the "shade" sound effects you want stupid show, but Katya's description of her outfit was freaking hilarious.

okno

Has Violet even hit the B2?

Not once. Her runways have always been fairly sickening, but her performances in challenges haven't been the greatest. I feel like she's one of the queens who should've been knocked down into B2 at least once to teach her a lesson, much like they did with Pearl this season. She's gorgeous, but she's arrogant and has a massive fucking attitude. Bitch needs to get knocked down a peg and taught lesson.

mantidor

Confirmed, yes. Episode leaked on Vudu Season Pass.

http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls_drag_race/widget/miss_congeniality

Miss Congeniality voting is up. VOTE 4 UR GURLS

Yeah I catched it in another stream, there was no way Katya was winning that lipsync, although I thought there were rules about not leaving the stage... oh well.

I honestly was expecting Pearl to at least be bottom two for some reason, her outfit was ok, but I certainly expected more, and Ging, as much as I don't like her, pulled out a decent outfit to my surprise, and Katya's was decent too. Kennedy as always a mess. I wondered about Pearl because that was the most "racy" bff of Hello Kitty and Sanrio guards her image viciously in the way Nintendo guards Mario, but well I guess a russian hooker was more apalling, even if the edit made Pearl's look the worse :p

I don't care much about this top 4 to be honest, outside of Violet.

And is miss Congeniality snubbing the fourth queen whoever she is? It's so painfully transparent that Katya is going to win that one, not that I would disagree but I'll rather have someone like Jaidenn to get it, the thing is supposed to be an award for the queen who was nicer not some lame consolation prize for the queen popular on social media in order to calm the rabid fanbase.

Untucked changed format for the better, I hope next season changes the main show as well because this season was a mess and I'm not sure I'll be following.

kirblar

Not once. Her runways have always been fairly sickening, but her performances in challenges haven't been the greatest. I feel like she's one of the queens who should've been knocked down into B2 at least once to teach her a lesson, much like they did with Pearl this season. She's gorgeous, but she's arrogant and has a massive fucking attitude. Bitch needs to get knocked down a peg and taught lesson.
Probably the winner then. 0 B2s to 2 or 1 for the other queens, barring a shock F4 elim.
Untucked changed format for the better, I hope next season changes the main show as well because these season was a mess and I'm not sure I'll be following.
Like on Survivor, the budget cuts show, and they hurt- a billion acting/dancing challenges that they do on-site w/ minimal input from the queens to showcase their personality is so damn boring, just like the billion postmerge endurance challenges on Survivor have gotten old fast over the past two seasons.

zeopower6

Probably the winner then. 0 B2s to 2 or 1 for the other queens, barring a shock F4 elim.

For the last few seasons, the one with the best overall record has won but who knows what Ru will decide. I think a Ginger or Kennedy win is impossible if Ru considers the fans. IMO it's Pearl and Violet for the ~crown~.

mantidor

Like on Survivor, the budget cuts show, and they hurt- a billion acting/dancing challenges that they do on-site w/ minimal input from the queens to showcase their personality is so damn boring, just like the billion postmerge endurance challenges on Survivor have gotten old fast over the past two seasons.

I can't believe this season had less budget than season 2 or 3, which are by far my favorites.

As many have said, you put 14 drag queens and alcohol into a closed space and storylines will write themselves, I can't with all the messy ass edit of this season. Survivor is just regular folk, getting storylines there is hard. RPDR has no excuse.

zeopower6

I can't believe this season had less budget than season 2 or 3, which are by far my favorites.

As many have said, you put 14 drag queens and alcohol into a closed space and storylines will write themselves, I can't with all the messy ass edit of this season. Survivor is just regular folk, getting storylines there is hard. RPDR has no excuse.

I wouldn't say less budget but they have less sponsors than before. The show itself is bigger than ever.

KiN0

I agree with everything here. 2 and 3 had to have lower budgets than 7 yet there was plenty of diversity in the challenges. If the budget is really such a problem, they should cut down the number of contestants.

okno

A big reason why Untucked and the overall storyline hasn't been massively successful is 1) the loss of absolut as a sponsor and 2) the handful of sober queens in this season. Past seasons have relied heavily on the the queens getting sloppy and fighting, and they just haven't been able to do that this time around.

mantidor

A big reason why Untucked and the overall storyline hasn't been massively successful is 1) the loss of absolut as a sponsor and 2) the handful of sober queens in this season. Past seasons have relied heavily on the the queens getting sloppy and fighting, and they just haven't been able to do that this time around.

Ok I didn't mean to get them wasted (which from what I've read is a reason they stopped giving them an open bar, some queens abused it), I meant to just get them a little tipsy to get things going.

Fame and Katya were sober and those two had their "drunk" moments all the time so to speak, Katya specially. Like, seriously, these are drag queens, I think is impossible to get bored with 14 of them. Maybe is the show getting more mainstream and now they have to edit more stuff out? I don't know, I just miss old seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom