• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liljagare

Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea are all Asian as well, and common decency aside, Ukraine needs to keep them engaged on their side,not neutral.

He needs to retract our alter that statement and pronto.

The wording doesn't translate well into English, and it's being used by RuSSkie trolls.

Meanwhile, RuSSia appears to be throwing another tantrum.

Missile launches towards Odesa oblast. Multiple Shahed drones are also airborne over southern Ukraine

The takeoff of 2 Tu-95 planes from Engels airfield as of 00:24 was noted
Currently, 9 Tu-95 aircraft are in the air. Several groups are moving towards the Caspian region.

More innocent civilians will die tonight. :messenger_unamused:

Last edited:

Liljagare

In total, in several waves of attacks from the evening of August 5 to the morning of August 6, 2023, the enemy used 70 means of air attack.
Anti-aircraft defense destroyed:
🚀 17 Kalibr cruise missiles;
🚀 13 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles;
🛬 27 attack UAVs "Shahed-136/131".
🇺🇦 Together - to victory!
✈️✊🚀 HAPPY AIR FORCES OF UKRAINE DAY!

EDIT:

💥 More photos of the Chonhar bridge near Crimea

Reminder, yesterday Russia spent about $190,000,000 in missles, one of largest of the war, in attempt to destroy our Storm Shadow missle stockpile and the S-24 jets that fire them.
Today, Ukraine uses S-24 jets and Storm Shadows to destroy a key Russian supply route.

Last edited:

Russian TV: 284.000 obituaries !!! Might Ukraine's reports be correct all the time!​

renderTimingPixel.png

nitter.nl/just_w...

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Liljagare

Special officers of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine conduct successful operations on the left bank of the Kherson region

Liljagare

An unknown country bought 50 Leopard 1 tanks from the Belgian company OIP and has already shipped them to Ukraine
The information was shared by the Dutch publication De Standaard.
We are talking about 50 tanks Leopard 1. They were bought by an unknown country from Belgium (most likely, it was the Netherlands). The combat vehicles were repaired. In addition, modern armament was installed on them. On Monday, 7 August, the tanks were sent to Ukraine.
A hangar belonging to the Belgium company OIP contains one of the biggest privately owned reserves of weapons in Europe. OIP has about 400 armoured vehicles in stock, and took these tanks when no one wanted them.

Friggin' pigSS:

Last edited:
Who knows at this point. 284,000 is really high for deaths. I would have expected that for total casualties, not just deaths. If that's true, then Russia must have sent a lot more to Ukraine than most people think otherwise they would be out of the war by now. I think most estimates is that they have about 300,000 to 400,000 troops out there. They would have needed to have sent almost 700,000 to the war in total. Who knows, may be true. I don't believe they only recruited 300,000 reserves. Its probably double that.

TwinB242

Who knows at this point. 284,000 is really high for deaths. I would have expected that for total casualties, not just deaths. If that's true, then Russia must have sent a lot more to Ukraine than most people think otherwise they would be out of the war by now. I think most estimates is that they have about 300,000 to 400,000 troops out there. They would have needed to have sent almost 700,000 to the war in total. Who knows, may be true. I don't believe they only recruited 300,000 reserves. Its probably double that.

That original article is misleading as this number was actually in reference to Ukranian deaths (but I don't know what the original source is and whether its truthful). But if it is anywhere near accurate then its catastrophopic for Ukraine. There's no way they can continue the war for much longer with this rate of casualties.

Last edited:
That original article is misleading as this number was actually in reference to Ukranian deaths (but I don't know what the original source is and whether its truthful). But if it is anywhere near accurate then its catastrophopic for Ukraine. There's no way they can continue the war for much longer with this rate of casualties.
That would be catastrophic for Ukraine but I doubt that's true either as for the same reasons above. I think most of the numbers being put out about this war is likely a load of nonsense. You see WW2 levels of casualties being spread around without context. The US only lost about 500,000 in WW2 and they had an army of close to 10,000,000 by the end. I think Ukraine has a million soldiers/reserves and Russia with less than half that so none of these numbers make sense unless its basically the Somme at this point.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That would be catastrophic for Ukraine but I doubt that's true either as for the same reasons above. I think most of the numbers being put out about this war is likely a load of nonsense. You see WW2 levels of casualties being spread around without context. The US only lost about 500,000 in WW2 and they had an army of close to 10,000,000 by the end. I think Ukraine has a million soldiers/reserves and Russia with less than half that so none of these numbers make sense unless its basically the Somme at this point.

Trench warfare is deadly...

Darius87

An unknown country bought 50 Leopard 1 tanks from the Belgian company OIP and has already shipped them to Ukraine
We are talking about 50 tanks Leopard 1. They were bought by an unknown country from Belgium (most likely, it was the Netherlands). The combat vehicles were repaired. In addition, modern armament was installed on them. On Monday, 7 August, the tanks were sent to Ukraine.
A hangar belonging to the Belgium company OIP contains one of the biggest privately owned reserves of weapons in Europe. OIP has about 400 armoured vehicles in stock, and took these tanks when no one wanted them.

it's Rheinmetall so it's Germany.

Liljagare

The defeat of the command post of the 🇷🇺Russian army in Nova Kakhovka was officially confirmed this morning.
"Around 10:00, the Armed Forces of Ukraine hit the command post of the Russian Army in the temporarily occupied Nova Kakhovka."
This was reported by the Strategic Communications Department of the Armed Forces of 🇺🇦Ukraine

Liljagare

"The German government wants to announce the delivery of Taurus cruise missiles to Ukraine in the near future. The Chancellery is currently working on a solution with the US which could lead to a double delivery of Taurus cruise missiles and ATACMS."

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

Glukhovsky was placed on Russia's wanted list in June last year over accusations he discreded the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in one of his social media posts.

Days after the invasion of Ukraine, Russia introduced a law that prohibited the spreading of "fake" news about what it has long claimed is a "special military operation" designed to demilitarize and "denazify" Ukraine while protecting its Russian speakers. Those convicted of breaking this law face up to 15 years in prison.

After he left Russia, Glukhovsky wrote in an Instagram post that the war "unleashed by Putin is becoming more terrible and inhuman every day, and the pretexts under which it was started look more and more insignificant and false." He was labeled a "foreign agent" by the Kremlin in October.

Glukhovsky, who also worked as a journalist in Israel and covered the Second Lebanon War in 2006, was the first major cultural figure to be placed on Russia's wanted list.

Associated Press reports that the author has been found guilty of posting text and video messages on his social media channels accusing Russian soldiers of committing crimes in Ukraine, something that Russian prosecutors deny. As he is not in the country, the Russian court tried and sentenced Glukhovsky in absentia.

TransTrender

Gold Member
The frustrating part is I don't think the world would ever see justice from Russia for all the horrible shit they did. That's what fucking kills me. It seems like they can do this endlessly and at the end of the day still be protected because they have nukes. Fuck that shit. Fuck that country and fuck the people that simp for them.

Sickening video, no gore but...

All those 1000s of missiles aimed at civilians that have killed people and damage buildings have had zero affect on Ukraine's ability to wage war and all it's done is speed up western supplies for better air defences.

Do the retards in Russian command not think if those missiles were aimed at military targets, they'd have more success in the actual war.

Susurrus

All those 1000s of missiles aimed at civilians that have killed people and damage buildings have had zero affect on Ukraine's ability to wage war and all it's done is speed up western supplies for better air defences.

Do the retards in Russian command not think if those missiles were aimed at military targets, they'd have more success in the actual war.
It's pretty hard to think when you're constantly drunk.

FunkMiller

The fact that the Kerch Bridge is still standing is becoming very symbolic of the west’s failure to properly arm Ukraine for this fight. More footage today of smoke on it, but not much else. Probably countermeasures.

BlackTron

OT but funny as fuck..

Meh. The hit was all the way back in 2006. At first glance you'd think he had pulled off a hit lately with some super radioactive substance and got implicated himself. Instead, he pulled off a hit 17 years ago and now has prostate issues. He most likely did not have much of a choice in executing the hit either, even if he was complicit in it. Not much of a "karma's a bitch" story if you ask me. Would be better if the person who ordered the hit got ruined, or if it hadn't taken 17 years to manifest as...prostate cancer.

Typing this reminds me of that movie Kate where the assassin chick is poisoned with polonium. Imagining if the dude that was forced into poisoning her got prostate cancer 17 years later, ostensibly due to his proximity/handling of the polonium, after she died in one fucking day. Yeah, not feeling the fist bumping karma vibes here

I am beginning to think the longer this counter offensive goes on that either we give Ukraine everything we have or Nato militarily intervenes. It is starting to look like the Western Front and I am getting tired of hearing about this inevitable breakthrough. Just watched another pundit say that they need an airforce to give cover to break through the defenses which he says they don't have and in the same breath say that he is hopeful for a breakthrough anyway. Either I am going mad or none of this makes sense.

Darius87

I am beginning to think the longer this counter offensive goes on that either we give Ukraine everything we have or Nato militarily intervenes. It is starting to look like the Western Front and I am getting tired of hearing about this inevitable breakthrough. Just watched another pundit say that they need an airforce to give cover to break through the defenses which he says they don't have and in the same breath say that he is hopeful for a breakthrough anyway. Either I am going mad or none of this makes sense.
This year any breakthrough isn't happening, need to wait until ukraine gets F-16 and atackms.

This year any breakthrough isn't happening, need to wait until ukraine gets F-16 and atackms.
I agree but they don't say this. They will allude to this in one breath and then completely contradict themselves and say there will be one soon. There is probably an element of propaganda here to keep interest and funding going but its annoying.

Dr.D00p

When you have one side that values the life of each and every one of its soldiers facing one that couldn't give a damn about theirs, you have a recipe for a stalemate.

Right now the Ukrainians are facing little more than disposable bullet sponges led by callous commanders who, for the time being, are able to replace losses with the next supply of cannon fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom