• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSfox

Sony’s July 8 conference might be delayed til… you guessed it - August.

5lgACsH.jpg

I understand it’s 4Chan but this lines up.
COD will sell anyway, they can just put the same disks in the boxes of the last year game and it will still sell, why are they still bothering?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Seriously tho I wonder what it's like to play the original Silent Hill on a PSX hooked up to a CRT TV nowadays. You couldn't handle that on strong acid.

Well I was about to jump off the train, but careful re-evaluating everything and trying to see everything as it would all be a big coincidence, I decided to remain on team real.

For me there are just too many unanswered questions and coincidences. No why is neither Sony or Kojima say anything about the whole thing.

In addition I Never believed that the Mystery would be solved by now, Blue Box said before that the app would not release with a trailer but would only show how it is being used. Now Hasan said when they delay it they can release it with the first trailer together, so perhaps Kojima and Sony made this last second decision because they knew that the people would also be very disappointed to see that Irvin’s really only an app at this point without any trailer or tease.

Mist either that or all coincidences aside, Hasan is the biggest fraud and I would think that Sony is at least do some kind of background check before giving someone a blog post…

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Well I was about to jump off the train, but careful re-evaluating everything and trying to see everything as it would all be a big coincidence, I decided to remain on team real.

For me there are just too many unanswered questions and coincidences. No why is neither Sony or Kojima say anything about the whole thing.

In addition I Never believed that the Mystery would be solved by now, Blue Box said before that the app would not release with a trailer but would only show how it is being used. Now Hasan said when they delay it they can release it with the first trailer together, so perhaps Kojima and Sony made this last second decision because they knew that the people would also be very disappointed to see that Irvin’s really only an app at this point without any trailer or tease.

Mist either that or all coincidences aside, Hasan is the biggest fraud and I would think that Sony is at least do some kind of background check before giving someone a blog post…
I think Nuares involvement confirms this is no fraud/small project.

I mean his team is tired, but are they too tired to have any social media account where it’s written that they work at blue box. Even a small indie developer should have some people who are active in social media. I mean they love creating video games but hate any kind of social interaction?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love how they want all this credibility, but yet their “project” is way too ambitious for them to finish on time. I feel like Kickstarter has made us their publisher. Why can’t they get off social media and do what they promised?

FunkMiller

What's really fascinating about all this is the circularity of it all.

A small time indie developer who is clearly inspired by, and a fan of, the Silent Hill games, gets caught up in a conspiracy around the next Silent Hill game, largely because they are Silent Hill fans themselves. Rapidly becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, and ultimately blows up in their face.

A brilliant example of both confirmation bias and circular thinking.

I really don't think anyone should be mad or sad about how this all blows out, because at least it's been genuinely interesting - something very much missing from most of the cultivated PR bullshit we have to endure in the video games industry.

Top Bottom