• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I've read it.

Again, none of that ever happened.

Please point me to Shuhei saying literally anything about Abandoned.
q13klw7.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Russian journalist and industry insider Anton Logvinov who previously confirmed the PC ports of Horizon ZD and Death Stranding way ahead of time says "that the Blue Box Studios "Abandoned" is actually a new entry in the beloved Metal Gear series"

Abandoned looks like MGS6. Well, that is, Konami is working on it, I have known this for a long time, and apparently someone decided to imitate Kojima’s marketing.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Russian journalist and industry insider Anton Logvinov who previously confirmed the PC ports of Horizon ZD and Death Stranding way ahead of time says "that the Blue Box Studios "Abandoned" is actually a new entry in the beloved Metal Gear series"

Abandoned looks like MGS6. Well, that is, Konami is working on it, I have known this for a long time, and apparently someone decided to imitate Kojima’s marketing.

Even if so.... What's the point without kojima.

You can download, install and run the app but all it says is Check back soon. You have to search for it again in the store, the wishlist save does not get you to the download.

If you run the app you need to close the app to get out of it, there is no way to exit the app from the check back soon screen. Definitly an app quality worthy of Hasan...

Literally Nothing to see here..

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
You remember when Joakim was interviewed about his game? Wasn't it on cable television? Interviewed by one of the biggest names in gaming?

Now Hasan is being interviewed by a no name podcast about his actual indie title he's developing.

You see the difference?
And 7780s Studio revealed Silent Hills through an "app" - can't you see Abandoned is the two previous ARG's combined? Silent Hills and MGS:V..

"P.T is special. Human fear ultimately stems from the unknown. P.T was an experiment in producing an effect in response to that nature. So, the reaction was as expected – if anything we could say that it was a great success as a teaser. P.T was a mysterious game, created by a mysterious studio, with no previous announcement or information, so it used forbidden techniques to increase fear. It was a one-off thing, so we cannot reuse that method again." - Hideo Kojima

Kojima-san is not using the same method - this is more advanced - but obviously the exact same methods as he previously used.

GIF by Identity

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Can team real just take a step back for a second and explain how we started with this being Silent Hill but have come to a point where it was now always about MGS6?

tommib

Gold Member
I saw the Portuguese app text (which is my mother tongue) and it’s missing accents, terrible punctuation and all around poor phrasing. This guy can’t even pay professional linguists to translate his content. He probably got it for free from some crowdsourcing platform. Abandoned is going to be the biggest pile of shit your PS5 will ever see. You heard it here first.

I also love that you can’t exit the app. It’s beyond amateur.

tommib

Gold Member
You can - just like any other game/app.

That's the point? Like this guy:
VuTnAy8.png
You’re right about closing the app. It’s just weird that it just stays there with the message “check back soon” but it is what it is. So you think they’re using terrible translations as well for “fake” amateurish? Jesus, people.

KiNeMz

Banned
Does anyone know what the process is with Sony to request the game not to have trophies? Do you not submit them? Is it a check box option? Or is it something that just doesn't show on the dash if no trophy data exists? Or does Sony have to disable the trophy display?

djkimothy

I just realized i didn’t cast my vote in the poll. 😉

Honestly, I’m team chaos, but this is as close as it gets.

Last edited:

SaucyJack

Does anyone know what the process is with Sony to request the game not to have trophies? Do you not submit them? Is it a check box option? Or is it something that just doesn't show on the dash if no trophy data exists? Or does Sony have to disable the trophy display?

Trophies have been mandatory on PS games since 2009.

I saw the Portuguese app text (which is my mother tongue) and it’s missing accents, terrible punctuation and all around poor phrasing. This guy can’t even pay professional linguists to translate his content. He probably got it for free from some crowdsourcing platform. Abandoned is going to be the biggest pile of shit your PS5 will ever see. You heard it here first.

I also love that you can’t exit the app. It’s beyond amateur.
Get with the program, he's not really a developer, it's a troll to tease what will really be a proper reveal. Maybe MGS or Silent Hill, most likely Kojima related :messenger_sunglasses:

Btw a few months back #teamfake was even doubting any app would be released at all, now it's here... what's the excuse now? He's a scammer? What's he scamming actually? How much money has he made with all this so far?

Exactly...

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
What if abandoned is really PS home. And they are using the buzz of this ARG they created to get people into it. Leading to people to socialize in the app, more and more, leading up to the trailer and what not.

It was an abandoned on ps3 and making a comeback
What if the real Silent Hill was the friends we made along the way (in Home)?

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned

"Industry Insider"

That website is crazy weird..

This is the only log from WayBackMachine.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Err yeah!
I don’t know if it’s an auto-translate thing but I saw an AI-generated website that scraped various data sources and wrote “articles” a while back and it looked just like that.
I think you're absolutely right - what I think is weird, is that it only has one log/change from February 12th - 2020 on WebBackMachine.
(And that Anton Logvinov is on it)

“So grandpa will be canceled. But a reunion is better, of course.” ~ Anton Logvinov (Abandoned leak)

Germany Smile GIF by Dritan Alsela Coffee

Last edited:
Top Bottom