• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
So this shit is teasing Silent Hill and Metal Gear, but no Castlevania? Wasn’t the rumor that Sony wanted Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Castlevania?

djkimothy

I thought Castlevania was always a hope but never part of the initial rumours.

I know there’s that article posted earlier but i’ve always heard of a rumours Metal Gear and Silent Hill game and castlevania never entered the conversation.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Here you go
periIqv.jpg
I’m thinking Metal Gear will be the first trailer, they mentioned more dropping throughout the year but Metal Gear looks to be the focus RN with the genre change and solid snake tease.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've noticed something strange that leads me more likely to believe this is really indie game.
It DISABLES HDR when you launch it if You have "hdr on when supported" option in ps5 settings.
If it's so amazing next gen graphics experience... where is hdr ?

Ramz87

I've noticed something strange that leads me more likely to believe this is really indie game.
It DISABLES HDR when you launch it if You have "hdr on when supported" option in ps5 settings.
It’s not a game, it’s just an app that will showcase trailers and maybe gameplay demos lol

lmao there are stll people who think its just an indie game called abandoned? you think an indie studio is capable of generating this much hype? trust your gut instincts people. remember when this was first shown, people immediately thought hideo kojima or at the very least that something was "off"

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Oh You don't get it. It's an IN ENGINE trailer. Exactly the same thing RE Village had but You don't control it.
There is absolutely no reason it would not have HDR and full game would
Such a shame there's no way for that to be updated when content is actually released later.

Hugare

Maybe because it will also showcase trailers, and since SDR is still the norm, those trailers in HDR at SDR displays would look really bad.

So its better to make everything in SDR for the masses

PS: it wont be just "in engine". The company said on Twitter that they will also show 5-10 minutes trailers.

Last edited:

kingpotato

I don't think it will. The base to drop files in there is here. RE village launcher had hdr.
Everything on ps5 native has hdr. This is weird
The app literally does nothing right now and you think it won't be updated 🤔

Oh yeah something weird is going on 🙄

GHG

Gold Member
So now the speculation is that it's a Metal Gear Solid remake done by Bluepoint games with oversight from Kojima?

The box part of the fake studio name makes sense in this context for obvious reasons if it is indeed MGS.

Also, I may have called it on page 5 even though I was partially joking at the time:

Ok guys, I've spent a minute going full conspiracy on this but bear with me...

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Let's start here:

The first game:

The copyright:

y2gN9Aw.png

A google of HRU Games leads here:

The developer of that game:

manudi store

Another game by them:

Ah6Prgc.png

CQC?

mgs-exclamation-png-at-sccprecat-metal-gear-solid-exclamation-png-400_533.jpg

Sounds familiar right...?

Suspicious Eli Wallach GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Maybe because it will also showcase trailers, and since SDR is still the norm, those trailers in HDR at SDR displays would look really bad.

So its better to make everything in SDR for the masses

PS: it wont be just "in engine". The company said on Twitter that they will also show 5-10 minutes trailers.
HDR is the norm. Every me single movie and game has it. Especially in console.
The trailers are meant to be in engine real time. Like playing with no controls

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Team fake have nosed in front.

For all the 'hahaha, you guys are taking this way more seriously than ream real, hahaha, we're just having fun' it's team real that roll out the gifs and ask how team fake are coping every time Kojima farts on Twitter.

I'm saving all my "you okay? He farted," sympathies for the giant steaming DUMP he's prepping the sphincter for right now. It's blue and snakey.

kingpotato

Team fake have nosed in front.

For all the 'hahaha, you guys are taking this way more seriously than ream real, hahaha, we're just having fun' it's team real that roll out the gifs and ask how team fake are coping every time Kojima farts on Twitter.
Sorry... But your argument is the people posting funny gifs and teasing are the ones taking everything too seriously?

the-office-interested.gif

schaft0620

P.T. was abandoned. They are using leftover ARG from P.T. for a PS5/PS4 re-release of P.T. as an exclusive to a Silent Hill 1-4 Collection for $70. Not a remaster.

Just my guess.

Top Bottom