• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrionNebula

Just to clarify, people voting for team fake is about Abandoned being Silent Hill, right? If it turns out to be Metal Gear, technically team fake is right. Right? 😆

And if Bloober is doing a Silent Hill, does this make team real right? I mean, the poll itself isn’t specific to Bluebox, right? 🙂

So, technically, if Metal Gear by Bluebox is real, and Bloober is making Silent Hill, that means both team real and team fake are right

Right? 😆

kikii

Gold Member
Understand that. But the button says. "Play Game".

Good point on the demo though. They probably flag it as a demo and no trophy data would show.
well
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit doesnt have trophies either and its a game :p

djkimothy

Just to clarify, people voting for team fake is about Abandoned being Silent Hill, right? If it turns out to be Metal Gear, technically team fake is right. Right? 😆

And if Bloober is doing a Silent Hill, does this make team real right? I mean, the poll itself isn’t specific to Bluebox, right? 🙂

So, technically, if Metal Gear by Bluebox is real, and Bloober is making Silent Hill, that means both team real and team fake are right

Right? 😆

I think team fake’s MO is that this is “nothing” and just a scam indie team gritting for your credit card number. Team real suspects that this is not what it seems at face value and that this is a front for another bigger project. The Silent Hill references are just best guesses based on what people perceive as clues.

I think team fake’s MO is that this is “nothing” and just a scam indie team gritting for your credit card number. Team real suspects that this is not what it seems at face value and that this is a front for another bigger project. The Silent Hill references are just best guesses based on what people perceive as clues.
Exactly. The whole schism is that TeamFake says this is nothing and Hasan is just some indie dev seeking to market his upcoming game coasting on the hype generate from the rumours. TeamReal says that all this (BlueBox, hasan etc.) is a mask for something else.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Exactly. The whole schism is that TeamFake says this is nothing and Hasan is just some indie dev seeking to market his upcoming game coasting on the hype generate from the rumours. TeamReal says that all this (BlueBox, hasan etc.) is a mask for something else.

And that something else is related to Kojima or Silent Hills.

OrionNebula

Of course it’s not what it seems.
There’s no way all this weird thing is just for a cheap indie game like what ‘’Bluebox’’ did in the past

However, my vote is based on the poll only :
gn2fDQh.jpg

It’s not just ‘’what people perceive as clues’’, and not what this thread has become over time

djkimothy

Of course it’s not what it seems.
There’s no way all this weird thing is just for a cheap indie game like what ‘’Bluebox’’ did in the past

However, my vote is based on the poll only :
gn2fDQh.jpg

It’s not just ‘’what people perceive as clues’’, and not what this thread has become over time

Just like in science. When new data comes in, you change your view based on new evidence. The Silent Hill identity was based on people’s best guess on the limited data. Now a blurred out eye patch guy gets dropped, we need to revise our thinking.

The poll is just for the LOLs. But if you really want to fall down the rabbit hole, you need to have latitude to adjust for new info. Until more info gets released, it’s really hard to bullseye what this is about.

Plus it’s fun to see team fake get hot and bothered whenever people talk about this cause they are taking this way more seriously than team real.

GuinGuin

Banned

Yeah, this is as far as I'm willing to go. Lots of contradictory information but something about it says it's way more than an indie dev with delusions of grandeur.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
I saw the Portuguese app text (which is my mother tongue) and it’s missing accents, terrible punctuation and all around poor phrasing. This guy can’t even pay professional linguists to translate his content. He probably got it for free from some crowdsourcing platform. Abandoned is going to be the biggest pile of shit your PS5 will ever see. You heard it here first.

I also love that you can’t exit the app. It’s beyond amateur.
It's widely known that Kojima downgraded the graphics on PT to make it look indie.

The same guy that did PT, watch how complex PT solution was:

To the ones that "lived" the PT days, it isn't weird at all to believe this is very real.

Still on team fake or doesn't understand WTF is this thread?
Watch this:

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
There's a Hasan Kahraman in France he has 3 business in the construction sector with his two sons:

It doesn't amount to anything until you check his contracts and you see he was commissioned by a certain "George Sears" to build........ a METAL GEAR
Page 12
Call me cipher 😂

Hugare

This isn't about just one game. It's probably more likely about all the "abandoned" ip's from Konami, like Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania etc.
Exactly what I'm thinking

I'm now 100% sure that this is at least something

Team Real cant trully believe that an indie dev built a media app for future trailers and announcements just for their unknown game

Its kinda on the nose how obvious it is, really

That the translations are bad is actually more proof that someone big is behind it. Kojima is not stupid and knows that a perfect translation would be suspicious and intentionally ran some through google translate.

If it would be really an indie and he goes through the trouble to localize it into many languages, I am sure he would put some more work in those (ask a translation company or so many people are supposed to be involved, they certainly can also cover multiple languages. Furthermore the reason the app was delayed was because of localization issues, makes you wonder what kind of, surely google translate does not need long for a translation.

Then there is also the thing where he said in Germany PS Plus would be required, I am sure it’s not that simple then to get it on the store, so a indie would probably give up about one country then, because it’s not even the game and just some free trailer app.

SCB3

That the translations are bad is actually more proof that someone big is behind it. Kojima is not stupid and knows that a perfect translation would be suspicious and intentionally ran some through google translate.

If it would be really an indie and he goes through the trouble to localize it into many languages, I am sure he would put some more work in those (ask a translation company or so many people are supposed to be involved, they certainly can also cover multiple languages. Furthermore the reason the app was delayed was because of localization issues, makes you wonder what kind of, surely google translate does not need long for a translation.

Then there is also the thing where he said in Germany PS Plus would be required, I am sure it’s not that simple then to get it on the store, so a indie would probably give up about one country then, because it’s not even the game and just some free trailer app.

What stands out more for me is that Hasan is Dutch right?

Well most Dutch people can speak perfect English as its often their first language or second with Flemish being first

MastaKiiLA

How many languages was the app translated into?

Also...why? An indie dev shouldn't be concerned with multilingual support for a preview app.

Also, when will someone else who works for this company present themselves in some public manner? FFS, the QA guys are out her tweeting, but no one else behind this game even accidentally logged into LinkedIn.

Yeah, not buying it. There's definitely more than meets the eye here. This is literally a case of, "We don't believe you, you need more people."

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
How many languages was the app translated into?

Also...why? An indie dev shouldn't be concerned with multilingual support for a preview app.

Also, when will someone else who works for this company present themselves in some public manner? FFS, the QA guys are out her tweeting, but no one else behind this game even accidentally logged into LinkedIn.

Yeah, not buying it. There's definitely more than meets the eye here. This is literally a case of, "We don't believe you, you need more people."

image.jpg

djkimothy

So a first person metal gear? I’m game.

That being said. What if the “Real-time experience app” are like the VR missions we used to have similar to the original metal gear games…. I dunno shooting the shit here at this point.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
So a first person metal gear? I’m game.

That being said. What if the “Real-time experience app” are like the VR missions we used to have similar to the original metal gear games…. I dunno shooting the shit here at this point.

I wouldn’t be so sure anything is first person, quite frankly I think that whole gameplay tease is just complete nonsense.

Top Bottom