• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElCasual

Just so we know the current score... Either

A) there is some next level mastermind shit being orchestrated behind the scenes leading to a megaton reveal that no one is going to see coming

Or

B) there is a tsunami of shovel ware coming exclusively to the ps5 because Sony is so desperate for content they will let anyone release anything, console owners be damned

Does that about sum it up?
With Jim and Hermen B is the answer.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Hold on though, you have said before that Hasan is an asset flip con man so it follows you believe his game will be trash. That along with the other recent post from Carson Kelly Games which looks like trash, plus the fact that both say they are working closely with Sony implies they are indeed fine with letting garbage release exclusively on PS5.
Huh? Who said working closely with Sony? lol

Playstation Partners is the name given to the program for literally every indie who gets a devkit.

And.... PS4 had plenty of shit indie sholveware.. so not sure what you think is different here.

Your option A is particularly dumb though since everyone and their mother will have seen it coming if Abandoned is actually Silent Hill.

Last edited:

Perrott

How long is it speculated that Abandoned has been in development? Because I might have a lead as to what Abandoned could really be, but I need to know whether the timing of it would fit or not.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
How long is it speculated that Abandoned has been in development? Because I might have a lead as to what Abandoned could really be, but I need to know whether the timing of it would fit or not.

Since 1986. It was to be the magnum opus of Kojima, a vision transcending history, and the world. A tale of souls and Silent Hills eternally retold.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Huh? Who said working closely with Sony? lol

Playstation Partners is the name given to the program for literally every indie who gets a devkit.

And.... PS4 had plenty of shit indie sholveware.. so not sure what you think is different here.

Your option A is particularly dumb though since everyone and their mother will have seen it coming if Abandoned is actually Silent Hill.
What if it was metal gear by bluepoint tho?

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
This is playing out like the comments on a disinfo.com article. If you look for patterns, you will find them. It's literally what our brain does best. Moon landings are fake, earth is flat, Abandoned is a super secret Kojima game.

Kdad

This is playing out like the comments on a disinfo.com article. If you look for patterns, you will find them. It's literally what our brain does best. Moon landings are fake, earth is flat, Abandoned is a super secret Kojima game.

Last edited:
They should just remake 2, SH1 is perfect as it is today. The game just has that feeling like the team were able to catch lightning in a bottle, like Chrono Trigger. One guy took the extra time to add a blooper reel, nobody would do that shit today without crying about crunch.

Your over thinking whats going on. People on team real don't really care if it is real. This is going to end in an epic win for everyone or an epic fail by bluebox. The more hype it is given the more epic it will be. Its going to be a beautiful thing to watch either way.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It's literally what our brain does best. Moon landings are fake, earth is flat.
You wanna pass one of those?
200.gif

I assume the Sony announcement for the Event or State of play should come soon. If not they will probably announce the games just via the app, because their event was pushed further to September and they can’t wait so long.

It wasn't cleared because it's true. They wouldn't let a "flip asset dev" spreading rumors for this long without someone stating "No Silent Hill/MGS/Castlevania whatever IP is in the works now.", like they did in the past here:

Depending on how much time I will have on the following days, I'll be sure to make it special for everyone involved.
Please do!

So if I understand correctly, there was a real Blue Box Games but it was fully absorbed into Sony. The question is why, looking on their record why did Sony wanted to fully buy them? Was it only to be able to use their history for this ARG?
I think that's the story that's being run with here. I mean, if that's the case, what a cash-in.
"Okay, you've been super shit at what you do for about a decade. Remarkably shit, no one will ever guess you could ever do anything good even if you had a million years. We want to buy you for Hideo Kojima so we can hide him in your pile of shit, how does that sound to you? And your company is going to make Metal Gear and Castlevania and Contra and also Siren and every other dead game everyone wants to come back. You can still be CEO and we'll pay you a lot. Does that sound cool?"

THEAP99

Banned
I am still not convinced Hassan is a real game developer. That doesn't mean he's an actor. I think this app he wants us to download is sketchy and might have something to do with crypto mining

E71DQATX0AUTUWc

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
So if I understand correctly, there was a real Blue Box Games but it was fully absorbed into Sony. The question is why, looking on their record why did Sony wanted to fully buy them? Was it only to be able to use their history for this ARG?
The only thing I can think of is that BB came up with some novel ideals how to use the DualSense in a survival horror setting that appealed to Sony. If that’s the case and the game’s USP what better way to demo this to people than an interactive trailer app?

The only thing I can think of is that BB came up with some novel ideals how to use the DualSense in a survival horror setting that appealed to Sony. If that’s the case and the game’s USP what better way to demo this to people than an interactive trailer app?
So, the guy who has only made literal rubbish in the past has come up with a crazy idea for the controller that Sony created, so crazy that Sony can't just implement it themselves, and Hassan hasn't actually patented anything if you can even do that for controller interactions. So: Sony buys them up and hides Kojima inside the company and creates a huge ARG and makes a secret deal with Konami for Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid and also Siren and leaves the guy who made rubbish in charge, because that was the easiest thing for them to do.
Is that the story?
Because I might have to revise my opinion of Jim Ryan. That is an absolutely idiotic business plan.

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
So, the guy who has only made literal rubbish in the past has come up with a crazy idea for the controller that Sony created, so crazy that Sony can't just implement it themselves, and Hassan hasn't actually patented anything if you can even do that for controller interactions. So: Sony buys them up and hides Kojima inside the company and creates a huge ARG and makes a secret deal with Konami for Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid and also Siren and leaves the guy who made rubbish in charge, because that was the easiest thing for them to do.
Is that the story?
Because I might have to revise my opinion of Jim Ryan. That is absolutely an idiotic business plan.
No…who said anything about Kojima in that post? I didn’t. Read what I actually wrote.
I don’t go along with the whole Kojima/ARG theories. People were wondering why Sony seem to have embraced BB and pushed their title. I gave a possible scenario…and you…went off on one.

If BB did show Sony a novel DualSense implementation that they wanted to use Sony can’t just say “Not interested because your studio‘s not released anything halfway decent.” And then go off and implement it themselves.

Last edited:
No…who said anything about Kojima in that post? I didn’t. Read what I actually wrote.
I don’t go along with the whole Kojima/ARG theories. People were wondering why Sony seem to have embraced BB and pushed their title. I gave a possible scenario…and you…went off on one.

If BB did show Sony a novel DualSense implementation that they wanted to use Sony can’t just say “Not interested because your studio‘s not released anything halfway decent.” And then go off and implement it themselves.
Why couldn’t they? Everyone loved adaptive triggers, and they go and implement them themselves in their games. They created the drivers and APIs to use the controller, they created the controller, of course they can just go and implement it themselves.
I don't think Sony is really super involved in BB at all.

Last edited:

fragganaut

PiKDvDE.png

two letters still missing could be "M" and "J", if that's true then you could take the letters and rearange them to
"KOJIMAS" "PALS"

Derift

Wain't there a patent for the dualsense that allows players to watch trailers live and feel the haptics on the controller while trailer Is running on while presentations are being done.... maybe this will be used with the abandoned app

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Why couldn’t they? Everyone loved adaptive triggers, and they go and implement them themselves in their games. They created the drivers and APIs to use the controller, they created the controller, of course they can just go and implement it themselves.
I don't think Sony is really super involved in BB at all.
If the USP was a novel implementation of the Dualsense and Sony just took a look, turned down the company then implemented the same idea themselves they’d open themselves up for a lawsuit regardless of the fact they created the controllers etc.
This is standard practice. Companies can‘t look at potential products and then implement aspects of it without some sort of arrangement with the originator.
I had a pal in acquisitions who told me a big part of the job was sending back, unopened, unsolicited pitches from companies looking to sign up with his publisher in order to minimise the chance of a developer saying “ you saw our pitch and stole our idea”.

You might say this is a ridiculously paranoid approach but most companies would rather not be hit with lawsuits, frivolous or not.

Im not saying the scenario I put forward is the case with BB. It does seem strange that they’ve had a Sony reveal trailer, a Sony blogpost and a dedicated app for their game especially seeing their past history (Although credit where it’s due, their last batch of screens on their Steam early access page when it was a 3rd person game did show hints of promise.) and despite all the speculation Sony haven't said a word.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Depends. Could have been since 2015 or 2019/20 depending on who you listen to.
Anyway: spill your filthy guts!

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
No, they debunked that rumour themselves.
The way that i saw this article, was that they debunked that those 3 leaked games weren't Silent Hill. Not

I am still not convinced Hassan is a real game developer. That doesn't mean he's an actor. I think this app he wants us to download is sketchy and might have something to do with crypto mining

E71DQATX0AUTUWc
Could he get something like that onto PSN?

Kdad

I think that's the story that's being run with here. I mean, if that's the case, what a cash-in.
"Okay, you've been super shit at what you do for about a decade. Remarkably shit, no one will ever guess you could ever do anything good even if you had a million years. We want to buy you for Hideo Kojima so we can hide him in your pile of shit, how does that sound to you? And your company is going to make Metal Gear and Castlevania and Contra and also Siren and every other dead game everyone wants to come back. You can still be CEO and we'll pay you a lot. Does that sound cool?"
Why do you think the HK of today is they HK of 2015 Blue Box? Do we have any pictures of HK from pre this year? I don't think the real HK has anything to do with current events, they were bought out for thier name and everything since is a ruse. Oh, and current HK is a CGI character :p

Why do you think the HK of today is they HK of 2015 Blue Box? Do we have any pictures of HK from pre this year? I don't think the real HK has anything to do with current events, they were bought out for thier name and everything since is a ruse. Oh, and current HK is a CGI character :p
Okay so there was a real Hassan Kahraman who was a shit developer. They bought his company because he was so shit no one would suspect anything good would come out of it and because the name was Blue Box. That Hassan Kahraman retired on the Sony money somewhere, and a CGI Hassan Kahraman took over, puppeteered by Kojima and Sony. Is that right?

Kdad

Okay so there was a real Hassan Kahraman who was a shit developer. They bought his company because he was so shit no one would suspect anything good would come out of it and because the name was Blue Box. That Hassan Kahraman retired on the Sony money somewhere, and a CGI Hassan Kahraman took over, puppeteered by Kojima and Sony. Is that right?
That's what I'm going with...except it's all Kojima...SONY doesn't know Hassan...

Top Bottom