• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
No, it's not vague, just because you say it is. There's nothing vague about it. It is clearly using the same type of font and red/white lettering design to evoke the Phantom Pain. I mean, on one hand, you argue he is doing all of this on purpose because he wants to reference Kojima as part of his scam games, and at the same time you say, no this isn't that? Is he referencing Kojima overtly or not? Or just not this time? But all the others he is?

And no, it's not the same as "you guys seeing..." We are looking at the Phantom Pain and at that and saying, yeah, same white, same red, same above and bellow, same design aesthetic. Clearly. Why? Because it's clearly the same design aesthetic.
It's an incredibly common aesthetic.. and that font style, incredibly common for video games.

And it obviously could just be Hasan borrowing Kojima style lettering.. but.. why would it have to be, since it's not exact, and not an uncommon style?

It's an incredibly common aesthetic.. and that font style, incredibly common for video games.

And it obviously could just be Hasan borrowing Kojima style lettering.. but.. why would it have to be, since it's not exact, and not an uncommon style

So we're just going to ignore that this "common style" just happened to be used for the Phantom Pain and none of the other MGS Games? This a common style that's not used in any SH games? This common style that just happens to be overtly related to said Phantom Pain? This common style used, by a man who you claim has been ripping off Kojima forever, but isn't a reference to Phantom Pain? Just a common style? That common style?

Is it a reference or not? Or do you just think it's another random coincidence and nothing else. It just happnes to be another one of them pesky SH/MGS coincidences that keep popping up around this game. This damn pesky game that Sony/Konami/Kojima/Geoff/Shu/No One will shut down. Damn that Hasan, he's got some pull.

Last edited:

Metal Gear Solid V Original Soundtrack - The Lost Tapes

xxEEl53.jpg

it's all just legally distinct enough to not get sued right? All just coincidence?"

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Is it a reference or not? Or do you just think it's another random coincidence and nothing else.
How in the word am I supposed to know?

It could be an overt reference.. or an accidental coincidence.

That's true whether it's all a part of some ARG or if Hasan is a Kojima wannabe.

You are acting like you have me caught in some logical failure or something.. I'm not the one claiming absolutely that all of these things MUST MEAN SOMETHING.. that's you guys.. I'm saying you guys need to consider that references could be purposeful because Hasan is a Kojima wannabe, or references could just be total coincidences.. which is what happens when you examine every minute detail of someone's stuff and compare it to a literal 30 year history of the most famous game director of all time.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

MobsCanParry MobsCanParry can you answer 2 questions for me?

1) If this is all supposed to be some next-level ARG, why the "S____ _____L" tweet?
2) Why the 2015 Kickstarter with such heavy handed references to PT by releasing a "Playable Teaser"?? That was less than a year after PT came out.. and was a horror game using Silent Hill fonts.

If it's some next-level ARG, why are some of the references so obvious? Where is the riddle to solve in all of that?

Ramz87

I think it is fucking genius trolling from whoever is doing this thing (Hideo).. we have now been abandoned multiple times waiting for this trailer/demo to launch and it is a REAL time experience.

That's true whether it's all a part of some ARG or if Hasan is a Kojima wannabe.

You are acting like you have me caught in some logical failure or something.. I'm not the one claiming absolutely that all of these things MUST MEAN SOMETHING.. that's you guys.. I'm saying you guys need to consider that references could be purposeful because Hasan is a Kojima wannabe, or references could just be total coincidences.. which is what happens when you examine every minute detail of someone's stuff and compare it to a literal 30 year history of the most famous game director of all time.

We can agree on this, no one has said: "All these things must mean something". I have seen no one, but team fake, be absolutely definitive that they know what is going on and what everything means. It's all been discussions of coincidences and nothing more but speculation. Some people argue that said coincidences mean x others disagree. That's all. No one, that I've seen is declaring unequivocal victory. With the exception of a select few who are adamant they know this is fake.

baphomet

No, I'm 100% convinced the trailer is there in the app waiting for us to unlock it. Probably related to a unique dualsense feature. Microphone, touchpad, gyro, maybe even a haptic response of some type. 👍

No, it's literally just a trash app be a developer who has a proven track record of being shit. Nothing more.

IntentionalPun

I have seen no one, but team fake, be absolutely definitive that they know what is going on and what everything means.

You quite literally just said quite surely that the white/red font/lettering was definitely meant to evoke Phantom Pain:
.There's nothing vague about it. It is clearly using the same type of font and red/white lettering design to evoke the Phantom Pain.

And this thread is full of other statements from Team Real that were sure of things; some mocking anyone who doesn't believe.

kyliethicc

No, I'm 100% convinced the trailer is there in the app waiting for us to unlock it. Probably related to a unique dualsense feature. Microphone, touchpad, gyro, maybe even a haptic response of some type. 👍
That would be fucking amazing lol.

But ... there's about a 99% chance that Hasan is just a lying idiot with no idea what to do now, terrified of revealing the disappointing truth to the public, and slowly coming to terms with how his shenanigans have already destroyed any potential game dev career he hoped for.

MobsCanParry MobsCanParry can you answer 2 questions for me?

1) If this is all supposed to be some next-level ARG, why the "S____ _____L" tweet?
2) Why the 2015 Kickstarter with such heavy handed references to PT by releasing a "Playable Teaser"?? That was less than a year after PT came out.. and was a horror game using Silent Hill fonts.

If it's some next-level ARG, why are some of the references so obvious? Where is the riddle to solve in all of that?
The premise of your questions falls apart when I've said, I don't believe this is an ARG. So, can't answer that as I've said I don't believe this is an ARG. Let me make that clear. This isn't an ARG. There is no "game" here. It's as much an ARG as Moby Dick studios was. It wasn't. It was just bread crumbs to follow.

As for 2 I've never argued that he couldn't be a Kojima Stan. I even said he could be. I even said he could be a real developer, hired by Kojima to be the face of this. I DON'T KNOW. Neither do you or anyone else here, that's why we're here.

So why? Because he was trying to get some easy marketing. I mean that seems obvious. I'd conclude that's what you believe (though open to being wrong, not trying to speak for you) as well, as it seem like he was tyring to ride off the coattails of PT. I mean that's the implication in the question itself. And sure, he probably was.

Lot's of people were.

Lot's of people still are.

The difference, not all of those people have suddenly shown up on the Sony store with a new app not so subtly referencing two very well known, dare I say abandoned, IP's. Not all of them continue to have strange coincidences that align with Kojima and his recent discussions/tweets/etc. Not all of them have a history of overtly referencing Kojima/SH/MGS and yet, with that in mind, still show up on said PS store, reference all of this in the open to thousands of followers, get no attention in the press (strangely. especially considering Jason looked into this and then noped out, not with a warning to anyone about it being a scam mind you, same for Geoff. Really shady reporting of them if they were concerned don't you think?), and aren't called out by the publishers/developers of said game, and are even DIRECTLY referenced by Shu. But you know, those are just some small differences I have happened to notice.

GuinGuin

Banned
That would be fucking amazing lol.

But ... there's about a 99% chance that Hasan is just a lying idiot with no idea what to do now, terrified of revealing the disappointing truth to the public, and slowly coming to terms with how his shenanigans have already destroyed any potential game dev career he hoped for.

And Shu Yoshida was duped? To be this innocent must be a blessing and a curse. I don't know whether to envy you or feel pity. 😬

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Exactly. People here act like companies just allow their IP's to be used like this. That just doesn't happen. This has gone on for to long for someone to not step in. Especially now that Shu has referenced it rather overtly.
From a legal standpoint BBGS a could already claim they’ve disavowed any connection via that tweet and all the rest is just fans being bonkers.

And Shu Yoshida was duped? To be this innocent must be a blessing and a curse. I don't know whether to envy you or feel pity. 😬
Shu wasn't duped. Shu responded originally with the post alluding that this was NOT an indie on purpose. Then yesterday to add fule to the fire. At least that's what I'd think if this is all legit.

I know you know this, just adding to your point.

IntentionalPun

The premise of your questions falls apart when I've said, I don't believe this is an ARG. So, can't answer that as I've said I don't believe this is an ARG. Let me make that clear. This isn't an ARG. There is no "game" here. It's as much an ARG as Moby Dick studios was. It wasn't. It was just bread crumbs to follow.

These are more like bread loafs though.. and Kojima complained that Moby Dick/Phantom Pain was figured out too quickly.. so he then decided to just throw obvious references up for the next one?

Oh also just found this:, you said this this morning:

MobsCanParry said:
This is Kojima unleashed. This is all par for the course. Anyone thinking otherwise is choosing to selectively ignore that Kojima has been doing this kind of thing, and very much enjoys it, for a long time.

About an hour before saying you'd only seen Team Fake claim that they knew what this was.

And holy fucking shit man every post of yours is dripping with being condescending.. lol.

Last edited:
You quite literally just said quite surely that the white/red font/lettering was definitely meant to evoke Phantom Pain:

And this thread is full of other statements from Team Real that were sure of things; some mocking anyone who doesn't believe
And yet there's team fake here literally calling people retards and smooth brains. But cool right?

IntentionalPun

And yet there's team fake here literally calling people retards and smooth brains. But cool right?
No it's not cool. And?

Quit making those whiny ass posts and just respond or ignore.. you come across like a hypocrite. Posts oozing with a mocking tone while being a sopping wet poosy about anyone being rude to precious Team Real.

Last edited:
These are more like bread loafs though.. and Kojima complained that Moby Dick/Phantom Pain was figured out too quickly.. so he then decided to just throw obvious references up for the next one?

Oh also just found this:, you said this this morning:

About an hour before saying you'd only seen Team Fake claim that they knew what this was.

And holy fucking shit man every post of yours is dripping with being condescending.. lol.
As I said, I'm just responding to you about how I've seen you interacting with everyone else. Waiting for more butt hold deflection any minute now.

What can I say, I honestly just don't like you. I'm not going to pretend otherwise at this point. Your constant talking down since this thread started is tiring. Your constant deflection to butt hole bullshit when you're called out is tiring. So if you find me condescending then just quit interacting with me and go to another meeting or whatever you have to do that no one cares about.

Nice to see I hit a nerve though. Haven't seen you let loose yet like this. Interesting you don't like getting talked to the same way you treat others.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I find you to be a fucking bore is how I find you.

Others seem to get that the butt hole thing is a sort of inside joke of the thread.

INISDE YOUR MOM!

Last edited:
I find you to be a fucking bore is how I find you.

Others seem to get that the butt hole thing is a sort of inside joke of the thread.

INISDE YOUR MOM!
There ya go. Make it about my mom. That will get me!

Man, I must have really hit a nerve. You're now ranting like a fucking 12 year old redditor. Hilarious.

Moving on.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It's supposed to get you to realize it's all just silly nonsense..

But you are a fucking bore, so it makes sense you don't get it.

AND LOL at the idea of me being the one who had a nerve hit.. says the guy making multiple posts whining about people, and randomly telling me he doesn't like me.

Pull the stick out of your ass and have a little fun bro

Last edited:
It's supposed to get you to realize it's all just silly nonsense..

But you are a fucking bore, so it makes sense you don't get it.

AND LOL at the idea of me being the one who had a nerve hit.. says the guy making multiple posts whining about people, and randomly telling me he doesn't like me.
Please quit trying to derail the thread. Thanks.

And yean, she gets around like that.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

What did Shuhei say other than "hmmm"? How was he duped?

Of course its possible this is all some crazy Kojima troll job. But its not a high probability.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Almost 24 hours and still nothing.
Either this is a major troll or these people are incompetent.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

Banned
So what is the meta commentary that Kojumbo is trying to accomplish with this according to #teamreal?
The dangers and the damage that modern society has created with the advent of ghosting culture?

So what is the meta commentary that Kojumbo is trying to accomplish with this according to #teamreal?
The dangers and the damage that modern society has created with the advent of ghosting culture?
So, for the sake of argument let's say this is Kojima, I don' think we will know the "point" in the sense of what it's all about until the actual media is out there, or at least in a more definitive way. Right now, if this is him, it's trying to do something akin to King/Bachman. It's similar to what he did with Phantom Pain and Moby Dick, but in a much larger sense. Having a literal other person, Hasan, be his "phantom". His double. The same way Venom is Big Boss's double. Venom is put in place so that Big Boss could go and do what he needed to do. Just to use his own work as a reference.

So if we go with the idea that t00his is Kojima we have to also acknowledge that that man has been making the same damn game for the past 20 years (I mean really long, and he's not averse to straight ripping people off himself, look at Snatcher, almost as if he did the same kind of thing Hasan is being accused of earlier in his own career). I'm not even talking about MGS as a whole, I mean he's been playing with the same themes, aesthetics, etc for a very long time. He has continued to reference his other works in everything. He's a huge fan of David Lynch and King, he's just doing what his favorite other artist do. He's connecting all of his works. He's hiding who he is, it's all just a game. Not an ARG, not that kind of game, just psychologically. It's the same thing he's been doing since making you believe your PS1 HDD had been deleted with Psycho Mantis. He's a firm believer in "betraying your audience". This is all just part of that. If anything.

Or you know, Hasan, as some have pointed out, is just a scam artist and some of us are seeing something out of nothing. Either way. Who knows when we'll find out at this rate.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

This damn asset flipper got Michael Biehn too! Someone tell Cameron!

N63M5cc.jpg
I'm not quite sure what your point is here my friend.

Hasan has bought cheap assets.. then released games he charged for, with false descriptions.. claiming the games had features they didn't (just outright lies) and of course insane embellishments like that the games were AAA.

That's why he's a "scammer" (in the somewhat harmless sense of scamming people over a few dollars.) Charging money based on lies..

It's sort of what an "asset flip" dev is... someone who buys cheap assets for games sold on false pretenses.

And he's a hack because his "games" are terrible.. and it's honestly a bit of a stretch to call them "Games."

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what your point is here my friend.

Hasan has bought cheap assets.. then released games he charged for, with false descriptions.. claiming the games had features they didn't (just outright lies) and of course insane embellishments like that the games were AAA.

That's why he's a "scammer" (in the somewhat harmless sense of scamming people over a few dollars.) Charging money based on lies..

It's sort of what an "asset flip" dev is... someone who buys cheap assets for games sold on false pretenses.

And he's a hack because his "games" are terrible.. and it's honestly a bit of a stretch to call them "Games."
Exactly, to think Sony would use him and his dev team to work on a major IP like Silent Hill or Metal Gear is just asinine. This Hasan guy is simply using fans desperation and angst about Silent Hill as a way to market his next sub-par indie project.

Top Bottom