• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kdad

Probably a stupid, insane question from Team Real here.

Is it possible that Hasan is an actual indie developer with previous failed projects, and Kojima actually paid him just to serve as a front for whatever secret project Abandoned really is? Is that too much into tinfoil hat territory (beyond where we are already at XD)?
Its been put forth quite a few times over the thread (by me too)...some of us even think current Hasan isnt the original bbgs Hasan from 2015...he took some cash to just walk away but let his name be used...

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Yes. He's lying That's the point. The 5-second "gameplay" snippet was the trailer. That's the whole point.
Was it 4K/60FPS too?
E8dIgKDX0AA9ktv

He never even promised a trailer for the 10th; it was to be an "intro."
Sorry, intro. Fair point. What he stated was "you'll get a glimpse to "What you see is what you play"...a real time experience app. Well, looks like he didn't lie. You are seeing what you will play from Hasan, nothing. That's the point.

he also stated that we would be able to see it elsewhere, that the PS5 was just the best place and only place you could get the app. That's the point. Hence the tease on twitter. That's the entire point of what happened. We've been abandoned. It was always going to be nothing. He told us as such.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Sorry, intro. Fair point. What he stated was "you'll get a glimpse to "What you see is what you play"...a real time experience app. Well, looks like he didn't lie. You are seeing what you will play from Hasan, nothing. That's the point.

he also stated that we would be able to see it elsewhere, that the PS5 was just the best place and only place you could get the app. That's the point. Hence the tease on twitter. That's the entire point of what happened. We've been abandoned. It was always going to be nothing. He told us as such.
Too much meta. You lost me there.

GuinGuin

Banned
Wow. The thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience response is our go to support team response when we've got a bug that's taking long to fix. I thought I was clever in crafting that saved reply years ago, but it must be a pretty standard reply industry-wide.

He's just stalling until someone figures out the ARG hidden in the app. Couldn't be more obvious.

Wtf are you talking about? This idiotic farce of bugs and screwups is what he was announcing?
Have you seen these bugs and screw ups? Do you have access to the app that none of us do to see these bugs for yourself, or are you taking BB/Hasan at their word? Which....he's a known liar, so why?

Answer me this team fake: Why is it Hasan is lying about everything he says, but being truthful with you now? You believe nothing they say is real, it's all a scam, and yet you take them at their word here? Why?

And yes, I understand, he could have had nothing to begin with and now he's trying to buy time, fair point. But then there wouldn't actually be bugs, and all that, right? It would all just be a lie. Which....well yeah, been saying it's a lie the entire time. That's. The. Point.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

And then.. after all that.. an announcement of a Kojima SH project or something?

After 3 months straight of people thinking that a Kojima SH project was coming?

Curious where this theory of yours goes from there!

I mean what kind of scam is it that he hasn't asked for a single dollar yet for this "game"? Yet he's tarnished his rep beyond repair? What kind of scam is that? Why not kickstart? He's done it before right? Indie Go-Go? What sense does this make? Honestly.

And then.. after all that.. an announcement of a Kojima SH project or something?

After 3 months straight of people thinking that a Kojima SH project was coming?

Curious where this theory of yours goes from there!
Some people figured it out...yes, you're point? Some people figured out Westworld Season 1 Day one. Some people figured out Phantom Pain from the first teaser. Some people figured out, from trailer 1 that Venom wasn't Big Boss, the biggest twist in Phantom Pain. I mean, it's not like people don't figure things out. Some people are right, some are wrong, that's how life works.

So yeah, that's kinda how that would play out. If it was so obvious, we wouldn't be even having this discussion. Let's just be real.

If it's SH/MGS then, holy shit, this is some marketing THAT WORKED. That's the point. That was the point of Moby Dick. I mean, come on dude, this has been done before. This isn't some mind-blowing new thing. No one is saying it is. FFS half the reason people believe this could be Kojima is because we've been down this rabbit hole before. Complete with people saying "nope, liar, couldn't be." We can revisionist history it away all we want that everyone knew, but that's just not the truth. That's the entire damn point.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
He thinks people are going to buy his shitty game. It's not a scam, just delusional.

Also, the point of Phantom Pain/Moby Dick was to surprise people - not piss them off by stringing them along with nothing for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I mean what kind of scam is it that he hasn't asked for a single dollar yet for this "game"? Yet he's tarnished his rep beyond repair? What kind of scam is that? Why not kickstart? He's done it before right? Indie Go-Go? What sense does this make? Honestly.

Well I'm sure the intention is to eventually charge for a "game" if he managed to get something past Sony's certification. May have even planned to charge for one of his upcoming "Trailers" for all we know.

He really has no good reputation to tarnish.. he wasn't making money before, so nothing to lose. He released 2 projects for sale for a few bucks each that maybe had a few dozen sales.. they were terrible.. so if anyone checked into him, he'd already have a bad reputation.. as we've discussed, they also were essentially scams (lied about the description of the games he sold.)

It's unlikely this is his "day job".. it all just smacks of someone messing around in Unreal engine for a few years.

OrionNebula

Fuck this guy
Your shit may be free so far, but you are in no way helping your project with all this. 0 confidence in your product at this point, and I can’t be the only one

Hope you’re ready to start all over under a different name, because unless you deliver above (way above) everybody’s wishlist, then you can expect your shit to crash down in flames at this point

He thinks people are going to buy his shitty game. It's not a scam, just delusional.

Also, the point of Phantom Pain/Moby Dick was to surprise people - not piss them off by stringing them along with nothing for an extended period of time.
If this ends with it being MGS/SH what do you think people would call it other than a "surprise" though? Remember, according to this thread itself, most people didn't even know this was a thing till yesterday. Abandoned was a trailer sure, but hardly on anyone's radar. That would have been by design.

J3nga

They have delayed this thing by more than a month in June and minutes before releasing it they found out there's a problem. Unless this company is run by the toddlers it has got to be some good trolling campaign.

It's almost like we've been here before. Complete with "is it CGI? Is it an actor? It's all lies? It's all real? Who's that surgeon with the head? What's going on?"

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

It's almost like we've been here before. Complete with "is it CGI? Is it an actor? It's all lies? It's all real? Who's that surgeon with the head? What's going on?"
wow I remember this. 147 pages...
I just don't believe Kojima would do THE SAME stunt again.. he is more creative than that

1) His reputation was already in shambles before any of this started
2) He's done KickStarter already and used the same delay tactics numerous times. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not allowed back anymore or he's already poisoned the well with potential supporters with his previous antics
3) He's got nothing to lose anymore

Faithless83

Banned

You shouldn't waste that much effort on convincing TeamFake, just enjoy the nonsensical passive aggressive comments. :messenger_sunglasses:

Man, remember when everyone figured out Moby Dick studios wasn't real because it had absolutely no history and gave the game away almost immediately.
wow I remember this. 147 pages...
I just don't believe Kojima would do THE SAME stunt again.. he is more creative than that
I agree. That's why this isn't the same thing. This uses elements of his previous work, the same way as all of his work has, but this is different.

1) His reputation was already in shambles before any of this started
2) He's done KickStarter already and used the same delay tactics numerous times. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not allowed back anymore or he's already poisoned the well with potential supporters with his previous antics
3) He's got nothing to lose anymore
1. Who even knew who he was? Honestly, no one knew this guy, at all. No from here had ever heard the name.
2. He has. Never argued that. As for poisoning the well, that's speculation nothing more. We simply don't know the reality of the situation regarding such. That's purely subjective.
3. Subjective.

kojima is going all the way with this one. you can think im crazy and delusional all you want but i cant shake the feeling that he and sony are behind this whole thing. shuhei yoshida has been giving it away with his ominous tweets. when he was first asked anout it why didnt he just say something like " abandoned is an upcoming game from an indie studio, please stay tuned for updates in the future"? instead he is playing along with the mystery.

team fake, its happening. be ready to show respect to your don.

Last edited:
To all the teamhate members, I'm reading a lot of scam this and that, but if this is all an attempt to steal money, where is the preorder button? Why can't I pay right now?
What kind of scam does nothing but destroy your reputation and instead of trying to get a single dollar, you instead triple down, guarantee a date, continue to tease shit, and (this is really important to this whole scam point) NOT FUCK OFF?

And yes, we know he's done this before. We don't need to keep reiterating that. We know that. No one is arguing against that. That's not the point.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

To all the teamhate members, I'm reading a lot of scam this and that, but if this is all an attempt to steal money, where is the preorder button? Why can't I pay right now?
We just went over this.

1) He has released 2 asset flip garbage games w/ fake descriptions in the past that he charged money for.. aka.. they were scams (buy my AAA experience game, get a single small room w/ a few audio cues, etc.)
2) His game isn't out yet.. but he's obviously already hyping it to be some amazing thing.. he said it would have the level of detail of Red Dead Redemption 2.. said a bunch of things about how amazing it will be. But again.. it's not out yet.. so the "scam" would be.. him saying all of that and releasing more garbage for money that doesn't match what he's said.

IntentionalPun

What kind of scam does nothing but destroy your reputation and instead of trying to get a single dollar, you instead triple down, guarantee a date, continue to tease shit, and (this is really important to this whole scam point) NOT FUCK OFF?

I mean.. how does that not also apply to the terrible asset flips he's attempted to sell in the past?

He failed to make any money.. and if anyone looked into his past.. they'd see he charged money for garbage that he'd lied about.

Why are you guys acting like this is some great point at this point, when.. of course he hasn't charged any money yet.. he hasn't released his game.

And being terrible at scamming people doesn't make you not a scammer. See: his asset flip scams that didn't make anything resembling real money.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

After reading though the first page of that thread again I'm more team real than ever.

We just went over this.

1) He has released 2 asset flip garbage games w/ fake descriptions in the past that he charged money for.. aka.. they were scams (buy my AAA experience game, get a single small room w/ a few audio cues, etc.)
2) His game isn't out yet.. but he's obviously already hyping it to be some amazing thing.. he said it would have the level of detail of Red Dead Redemption 2.. said a bunch of things about how amazing it will be. But again.. it's not out yet.. so the "scam" would be.. him saying all of that and releasing more garbage for money that doesn't match what he's said.
When is he going to relese the garbage after this? In what world does that make sense? The logic is so flawed. It's argued he's sunk his rep, that he's a joke, that he's a scam, and that this proves it, because yeah if this is real it looks horrible (we largely agree on that), and yet he's going to release something now? Like Hasan, is real, and he's going to release something after this? And you believe he really is going to, but also that he's a liar and a scammer, and a complete fuck up that is mishandled all of this, but he's also hoping to get money, but he also couldn't accomplish that because this is so badly fucked up....?

How does he make a dime after this? Unless it's something else? Unless this isn't what you think. That, yes, this is indeed, something bigger. Because there's no way he's making money otherwise. I mean, come on....

I mean Amway is an easier to pull of scam than this at that point, and that's saying something.

I mean, honestly, if this is a scam then why not put up the pre-order before all of this? Plenty of games have done that off nothing more than a tease. This just doesn't make sense, dude. From trailer 1 people thought this was SH that was guranteed pre order money. This just doesn't hold water.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Isn't that thread just people arguing whether Mogren was CGI or not, after it became apparent that the whole situation was for a Kojima game? (with the fact a day earlier that interview aired with the "fox engine" logo being on the screen or something)

The theory on Reddit/r/ blueboxconspiracy is that this is entirely a tax scam. He has done these exact same steps, for each and every game he’s announced and then not-finished. The idea is that maybe there’s tech tax credits, r&d budgets, or tax write offs if you can prove you’re making a game.

I mean. Look at this:
He’s done the same thing MULTIPLE times, announcing something, trailer, maybe a demo, then pulling it and saying it’s delayed for technical reasons or outside investment. This isn’t just once, this is multiple times.

I mean, honestly, what kind of scam want's to avoid making money? Abandoned trailer 1 had people immediately saying it was SH. This was money on the table. Yet, they didn't put it up. Instead they just said to just wait. This scam idea just doesn't make sense.

IntentionalPun

When is he going to relese the garbage after this? In what world does that make sense? The logic is so flawed. It's argued he's sunk his rep, that he's a joke, that he's a scam, and that this proves it, because yeah if this is real it looks horrible (we largely agree on that), and yet he's going to release something now? Like Hasan, is real, and he's going to release something after this? And you believe he really is going to, but also that he's a liar and a scammer, and a complete fuck up that is mishandled all of this, but he's also hoping to get money, but he also couldn't accomplish that because this is so badly fucked up....?

How does he make a dime after this? Unless it's something else? Unless this isn't what you think. That, yes, this is indeed, something bigger. Because there's no way he's making money otherwise. I mean, come on....

I mean Amway is an easier to pull of scam than this at that point, and that's saying something.

I mean, honestly, if this is a scam then why not put up the pre-order before all of this? Plenty of games have done that off nothing more than a tease. This just doesn't make sense, dude. From trailer 1 people thought this was SH that was guranteed pre order money. This just doesn't hold water.

How was he going to make a dime off of the asset flip garbage that nobody notice existed and he only sold a handful of copies of?

His whole history was of him being an idiot who wasn't in any way on a path to make real money... so why would it be any different now?

It's all preposterous that any of his other asset flip scams were going to work either; it being idiotic doesn't make it any less what happened.. and doesn't make it less logical that what he's doing now is similar.

There's little chance this is what he depends on for income.. otherwise, he'd be homeless already.

tommib

Gold Member
The theory on Reddit/r/ blueboxconspiracy is that this is entirely a tax scam. He has done these exact same steps, for each and every game he’s announced and then not-finished. The idea is that maybe there’s tech tax credits, r&d budgets, or tax write offs if you can prove you’re making a game.

I mean. Look at this:
He’s done the same thing MULTIPLE times, announcing something, trailer, maybe a demo, then pulling it and saying it’s delayed for technical reasons or outside investment. This isn’t just once, this is multiple times.

This is by far the most plausible theory.

I mean, honestly, what kind of scam want's to avoid making money? Abandoned trailer 1 had people immediately saying it was SH. This was money on the table. Yet, they didn't put it up. Instead they just said to just wait. This scam idea just doesn't make sense.
Read above. Yes it does if it’s a tax scam. Have a registered business - which he does, registered as a sole ownership/one person business. Look it up - he’s registered in a very specific way in the Netherlands. Prove you’re making a game by making some trash asset flip and have a crap website and some twitter feed and such. Get your tax write offs or R&D credits, shut it down for ”technical reasons“

Last edited:

I mean. Look at this:

That's interesting no doubt. But why incorporate MGS/SH so overtly as to bring so much attention to it. MGS one of the most popular and storied series in all of gaming and SH one of the most well known, and still fresh in the wound, "abandoned" games?

If you're trying to commit tax fraud you're not going to shine a 56k+ twitter following on it. That doesn't make sense. you're not going to keep alluding to two of the biggest series in gaming, and acting as if you have a connection to Kojima, if you're trying to commit massive tax fraud. That's just insane.

I mean come on. You have a twitter following of your "fake dev" of 56k followers. You are talking to some of the biggest names in gaming press. You are connecting to some of the biggest IPS. That's not what someone trying to commit tax fraud is going to do. That's just ludicrous, come on folks.

What's Nuares role in the tax fraud?

Last edited:
Top Bottom