• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimRyanGOAT

At this point, it doesn't matter if your team real or team fake

Both teams have lost their minds trying to keep up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

WTF is that random silent hill video uploaded on youtube

Don't be a dick. This stuff is just uncalled for from these team fake folks. A lot of real condescending, rude, posts. There's no place for it. You aren't "right". Nothing has been proven. Yet you act all high and mighty. Take a step back. This is a game, no need to be so attached to it.
Lighten up dude, it's a joke.

I'm not quite sure what your point is here my friend.

Hasan has bought cheap assets.. then released games he charged for, with false descriptions.. claiming the games had features they didn't (just outright lies) and of course insane embellishments like that the games were AAA.

That's why he's a "scammer" (in the somewhat harmless sense of scamming people over a few dollars.) Charging money based on lies..

It's sort of what an "asset flip" dev is.

And he's a hack because his "games" are terrible.. and it's honestly a bit of a stretch to call them "Games."
I was worried the "asset flip" comment was going to cause confusion, but it was a joke. Sorry about that, seriously.

So, to your point, yeah, he would be a scammer in the argument you have presented. There's no denying he has flipped assets as you have laid out. I will actually say, you have been very definitive in your proof and post regarding those matters. From Rewind to the other ones (sorry don't have the names off the top of my head). Like I will not deny that. You have solid evidence. Undeniable even. You have the receipts, as it were.

Also undeniable that his games were, objectively, terrible. I mean that one you have posted, with the green monolith thing, looks like low poly flipped No Mans Sky 1.0. Looks like it plays as well too. So I'm not trying to argue against those salient points, let me make that clear.

My point with the photos is showing that Kojima himself has a history of overtly (some may say ripping off) other works and using them in his own. From Blade Runner, to Dune, Terminator, Escape From New York, etc. That he has a history of referencing others' work and has been doing so since day one. The exact same thing that one could argue Hasan has been doing (some may say ripping off, again).

I'm saying, for the sake of argument, that Hasan is a real developer, who was hired by Kojima himself, obviously knowing his history, to be the face of this. That he is a stand-in for Kojima himself. He is his "phantom". And that the "game" is what's playing out right now. The "real-time experience" started at 3pm yesterday. Exactly as they said it would. They had to tell you or else you wouldn't know when it actually started, how would you. That we have been abandoned, and this is all part of it. That the short teaser that was put up 10 minutes before launch was the teaser we were going to get. That that teaser intentionally, and very much knowingly, referenced SH 2's protagonist. And that we are currently in the next phase of whatever this is playing out. Phase IV if you will. Something Kojima has been referencing right before and right after this all started yesterday. That's what I'm saying, no matter how crazy it is.

Am I right? Hell, i don't know. Probably not. But that's what I want to think is going on, so that's the argument I'm making. But I'm perfectly open to debate on the matter and being wrong. It's just a game after all.

tommib

Gold Member
Oh my god....you guys! This HACK!

Y8tUFkW.jpg
Homages and cinematic references/inspirations aren’t asset flips. What are you on about.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Exactly, to think Sony would use him and his dev team to work on a major IP like Silent Hill or Metal Gear is just asinine. This Hasan guy is simply using fans desperation and angst about Silent Hill as a way to market his next sub-par indie project.
It's also a bizarre choice for some front studio for a Moby Dick Studios like ruse.

Airbus Jr

Banned

BLUE BOX Game Studios
@BBGameStudios

We are still working to resolve the issue we are facing. We wanted to remind you that we are a small studio without the wide resources to quickly resolve an issue. We want to deliver a highly polished product and a good representation of the game that functions as intended.

2:37 PM · Aug 11, 2021·Twitter Web App
Bro before this post i was expecting something like MGS4 remake or Sillent Hill reboot

After reading this now this felt more like Hotline Miami, Guacamele, Spelunky or Dont Starve

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member

BLUE BOX Game Studios
@BBGameStudios

We are still working to resolve the issue we are facing. We wanted to remind you that we are a small studio without the wide resources to quickly resolve an issue. We want to deliver a highly polished product and a good representation of the game that functions as intended.

2:37 PM · Aug 11, 2021·Twitter Web App
This guy is just a stoner that is completely lost. They keep finding last minute bugs on a teaser for a trailer. Hasan, just get a job at Albert Heijn. Let the dream go.

tommib

Gold Member
motherfuckers. t is probably 15 seconds of nothing so there is nothing to polish...and it was already delayed by a month.
At this rate, I am converting to #teamreal... because this can't be a real dev cmon. Nobody is this clueless
Stay with us. Don’t let these Hasan trickeries play with your mind. Stay with the non-believers. Be strong.

JimRyanGOAT

motherfuckers. t is probably 15 seconds of nothing so there is nothing to polish...and it was already delayed by a month.
At this rate, I am converting to #teamreal... because this can't be a real dev cmon. Nobody is this clueless

Its just a Playable Trailer (PT)

Why the delay last minute? Unless the issue was on Sonys end?

Anyways, I wonder if this delay will last till August 12th, the day PT was announced

MastaKiiLA

Its just a Playable Trailer (PT)

Why the delay last minute? Unless the issue was on Sonys end?

Anyways, I wonder if this delay will last till August 12th, the day PT was announced
You can't put a timeline on resolution until you've identified the bug, can replicate it, and thus can devise a fix. I'm guessing they're stuck in one of the first 2 steps.

Troubleshooting isn't a straightforward process. I empathize.

tommib

Gold Member
Wow. The thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience response is our go to support team response when we've got a bug that's taking long to fix. I thought I was clever in crafting that saved reply years ago, but it must be a pretty standard reply industry-wide.
It almost sounds like a “this is so fucked we don’t know if it will ever be out”. How long does it take for patches to go through new certification?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It almost sounds like a “this is so fucked we don’t know if it will ever be out”. How long does it take for patches to go through new certification?
It's sony. Patches probably cost 50k usd and take 3 months to certify :p (And I am not 100% joking)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You can't put a timeline on resolution until you've identified the bug, can replicate it, and thus can devise a fix. I'm guessing they're stuck in one of the first 2 steps.

You can empathize but the fact it, it is only a "very short, non playable teaser". Just in-engine cutscene which was delayed by a month and 20 minutes before it goes live he tweets "are you ready with a video".
He was 100% sure it works as he was cocky enough to 100% guarantee it is as good as rdr2 too :p

meanwhile:
yourself GIF

IntentionalPun

None of that makes any sense. He's just.. lying.. since he's.. a liar lol\\

I mean the dude posted an exact time of release.. so if the patch hadn't passed certification yet.. why would he do that? Why would he get told after it's scheduled release?

Why would he then need to "investigate" any issue? He'd have been told why it was rejected for certification.

And surely it wouldn't be an actual technical issue.. as he surely ran the thing on his dev kit.. to record the video he posted yesterday.

More Hasan stalling tactics as this whole thing crumbles once people see what he produces.

Last edited:

Here’s what other devs do: they release a trailer on video hosting rather than reinventing the wheel like complete morons.

IntentionalPun

A bug in what is essentially a single short real-time cinematic?

That he already recorded a snippet from that he teased, claiming it was running on PS5?

How in the world would anyone "find a bug" in something like that so late?

Why did he promise an exact release time if it hadn't passed certification?

MastaKiiLA

Hard to say. I wasn't aware that Sony had to certify patches. That would definitely incur an additional delay, but doesn't seem like an efficient process for software that might have a critical bug.

You can empathize but the fact it, it is only a "very short, non playable teaser". Just in-engine cutscene which was delayed by a month and 20 minutes before it goes live he tweets "are you ready with a video".
He was 100% sure it works as he was cocky enough to 100% guarantee it is as good as rdr2 too :p

meanwhile:
yourself GIF
There are things you can't test locally. If there's network stuff involved, you always run the possibility of bugs when you go live. Depending on how the app works, it might be doing something new. It might not just be a simple matter of engine code that runs locally on your machine. Or it might well be, and the hangup is in the app fetching that code from whichever server it's stored on. It's difficult to say. As someone who's launched products that have encountered major issues at launch, I can empathize. It is what it is, and you're not always given the tools or time to QA things completely. Sometimes, it's an issue in the API itself, that you and the service you're connecting to had never anticipated.

It is what it is. As you noted, it's already been delayed by a month. A few more days isn't the end of the world. There are years left in the product cycle, so it's meaningless in the bigger picture. I'm patient enough that it doesn't bother me. I have other stuff to occupy my time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

That he already recorded a snippet from that he teased, claiming it was running on PS5?

Exactly.. The original trailer explicitly says "all images captured on ps5"... which we know is complete bullshit because it is just store assets with heavy adobe filters on top of it

I'd love to see this, supposed, proof that everyone seems to have that he's lying. Seems to me like there's no proof, really on either side, at this point. Everyone is just seeing what they want to see when the reality is nothing has happened beyond a delay. Which, sure, you can infer upon that what you will, but it's not proof of anything other than what it is - a delay. No one knows, truly. Neither side.

Because this is all on purpose.

They released a snippet right before. Why do that? Unless you knew this was going to happen but also wanted to still throw some bread crumbs down.

Could it all be a scam, as you suspect? Of course. Could it be something else? Yes. We do not know. It's a dealy. That's all we know. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I'd love to see this, supposed, proof that everyone seems to have that he's lying.
I've proved him as a liar in the past.

You literally just told me I had proved that.

That's all I was saying.. he's a known liar.. so he's probably lying (you can insert "probably" when it's obvious I'm speculating). Of course I don't have "proof" he's lyign about the patch.. but I've explained why what he's saying makes no sense.. and proved that he's lied repeatedly in the past.

That's been my point from the start; he has a 6 year history of lying about the games he's working on, lying about the games he's released.. about exaggerating what they are or will be, etc.

So:

1) Why would anyone like Kojima want to associate with this guy?
2) Why would anyone not just think the most likely scenario about what he's doing now, is that he's lying?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member

That's all I was saying.. he's a known liar.. so he's probably lying (you can insert "probably" when it's obvious I'm speculating). Of course I don't have "proof" he's lyign.. but I've explained why what he's saying makes no sense.. and proved that he's lied repeatedly in the past.

That's been my point from the start; he has a 6 year history of lying about the games he's working on, lying about the games he's released.. about exaggerating what they are or will be, etc.

So:

2) Why would anyone not just think the most likely scenario about what he's doing now, is that he's lying?
Why would Kojima throw out another coincidental tweet yesterday stating it’s not Tuesday, it’s Thursday? :pie_thinking:

That's all I was saying.. he's a known liar.. so he's probably lying (you can insert "probably" when it's obvious I'm speculating).

So:

I did. 100%. Because you did, 100%

That being said, we do not know if THIS is a lie or not. We don't. You have evidence to lead you to your conclusion it is, cool. And sorry, I'm not going to infer upon what you've written when you write definitive statements and talk in definitive terms. You've afforded me no such luxury. Sorry, it's not obvious when you write "he's lying....because he's a liar". Full stop you know the game you are playing.

That being said, let me answer the questions you have raised:

1. Why? Because it would cause exactly what it has caused. Speculation. Something he sadly lost almost immediately last time he attempted something like this. That would be the most logical answer, as that's what's obviously transpired, and as you have pointed out it's not hard to find this stuff, so obviously he would know if he was working with Hasan.

2. Why? The same reason that you believe he is lying. There is enough evidence to support the fact that something else is going on. YOu've just chosen to write that evidence off, or have found conflicting evidence, to support your view. The same thing everyone else is doing. That question answers itself, honestly.

Oh and don't forget..

More 7 support studios.. 50+ people working on the game...

But.. not enough resources to fix a bug in an "intro" real time cinematic lol

Because that was all lies. Straight up, that was just red herrings. Same way Moby Dick studios wasn't real. This has been done before. This isn't some crazy concept that's never happened. It has.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

You've afforded me no such luxury. Sorry, it's not obvious when you write "he's lying....because he's a liar". Full stop you know the game you are playing.
It should be blatantly obvious that I'm not claiming I have proof of anything when it's literally impossible for me to have proof of something.

That's not playing a game my friend.

I think he's lying.. because.. he's lied a bunch in the past.. and the entire story of this patch doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The amount of failed projects and kickstarters from Hasan should be enough of a red flag to anyone still in denial. Wake up people. It’s still not too late to not get hurt. The earth isn’t flat!

Guys.......I'm starting to lose faith. Things are looking a little red flagish to me now.

Why would Kojima throw out another coincidental tweet yesterday stating it’s not Tuesday, it’s Thursday? :pie_thinking:
Because the moment people started doing mental gymnastics to link this indie project to Kojima, he thought he would play along to make his fanbase look even more crazy and rabid than they already are. I would have done the same thing.

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh and don't forget..

More than 7 support studios.. 50+ people working on the game...

But.. not enough resources to fix a bug in an "intro" real time cinematic lol

Surely Shuhei Yoshida called them and was like "what the FUCK are you people doing?"

It should be blatantly obvious that I'm not claiming I have proof of anything when it's literally impossible for me to have proof of something.

That's not playing a game my friend.

I think he's lying.. because.. he's lied a bunch in the past.. and the entire story of this patch doesn't make any sense.
Yes. He's lying That's the point. The 5-second "gameplay" snippet was the trailer. That's the whole point.

Top Bottom