• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one is insane enough to do this... this is career suicide, this is a trolling at a painfully high level.
Still TeamReal.

I said we wouldn't have any answers with the app... the 72hrs stream dude was dumb enough to bet on a reveal.

The levels of spin in this thread...

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
omg... he posted the whole thing on 10th... THE WHOLE THING.
And the 5gb took like 30 min to download. fuck psn servers

haha what a troll

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
You can't convince me that the people who are still saying this is Kojima aren't just trolling at this point.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Now some teamfake have to convert. All this “they would have had to add the patch and we would have scraped it”

Kojima has his own private VLAN in the PSN and he does what he wants

200.gif

This is the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever seen.

I'm honestly tired of it. That said, it does seem to be the most masterful trolling, even if it is fake and Hasan is just milking it for all it is worth.

Again--you have to wonder. Look at how this has been received(especially now) with so many people legitimately frustrated and Sony, Konami or Kojima haven't stepped in yet?.

What if this elaborate ARG was done by Kojima to show how quickly a community can become divided?

Blah. I think I'm just done with it also.

nikolino840

This is the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever seen.

I'm honestly tired of it. That said, it does seem to be the most masterful trolling, even if it is fake and Hasan is just milking it for all it is worth.

Again--you have to wonder. Look at how this has been received(especially now) with so many people legitimately frustrated and Sony, Konami or Kojima haven't stepped in yet?.

What if this elaborate ARG was done by Kojima to show how quickly a community can become divided?

Blah. I think I'm just done with it also.
The last interview of kojima at the start of e3 was weird

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Can someone from Teamfake please explain how they got this 3GB patch….. yes that’s right guys 3GB patch on to the PSN and someone did not datamine it first?

please?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Can someone from Teamfake please explain how they got this 3GB patch….. yes that’s right guys 3GB patch on to the PSN and someone did not datamine it first?

please?
Huh?

Sony just runs things through a certification process, likely mostly automated.. they don't have teams of people data-mining patches. It's a free process afterall.

It's likely just a poorly optimized Unreal project. With way more data than it needs.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

So an already existing clip was all we got after this delay? He probably had to deal with infringement because of music being used or something.

Why did Konami feel compelled to shut down every non-profit Metal Gear fan project under the sun, but they're totes fine with this blatant PT ripoff?
a ripoff is a ripoff, as far they do not use the name/character or anything on their IP they cannot do anything. But what tells a lot is that Sony, Konami are not telling anything. Especially Sony, because of the mess this can make.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Huh?

Sony just runs things through a certification process, likely mostly automated.. they don't have teams of people data-mining patches. It's a free process afterall.

It's likely just a poorly optimized Unreal project. With way more data than it needs.

a few pages back someone said it takes a few days to go on to the network and get certified. It sits in a holding page and that is publicly available to be mined. I don’t know if that is true or not but that was an argument of team fake that a patch could not possibly be coming. But somehow one has appeared on a Friday night?

what are you even talking about? It’s automated? So someone can just drop malware up there if they are a trusted developer.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Why did Konami feel compelled to shut down every non-profit Metal Gear fan project under the sun, but they're totes fine with this blatant PT ripoff?
Because he's not calling it Silent Hill, so they can't do anything about it. "It's a blatant ripoff" is not a valid argument in court, and dark/foggy environments with people walking around is not Konami's copyright.

Hasan put out a statement and pinned it on his Twitter that Abandoned is not related to Silent Hill nor anything else owned by Konami in any way. Once he's done that, he's clear from a legal point of view.

Top Bottom