• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fbh

Gold Member
Oh, so it's not stock audio, it's from a commercial band. So there's a decent chance he didn't even have permission to use it, methinks. Not bad.

To be fair it's some unknown song from some unknown band that has 1 album released over 10 years ago.
Might not be too expensive to license

ch07rstjq6h71.jpg

I'm surprised that people aren't immediately pointing how this remembers the room where the talking paper bag is in PT.

People once they find out this interactive app by a nobody developer is actually a sophisticated backdoor virus that enables your PS5 to be used by Chinese crypto miners...

die kill me GIF by South Park

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

The best part about all this are the reactions.

I love reading everything.

As soon as that 5 second clip finished, I could not stop laughing from the fucking massive troll.

Vae_Victis

Banned
To be fair it's some unknown song from some unknown band that has 1 album released over 10 years ago.
Might not be too expensive to license
It probably isn't, but that would still be a massive pain in the ass (go and contact the band & the record label if there ever was one, or more record labels if there were more in different countries, figure out who onws the rights currently for this or that use of the track, negotiate with all parts involved etc.).

Especially when they could have taken free music if they wanted to go cheap, paid stock music from a website that has a system built-in to sell licensing (same price probably than contacting the band, but a tenth of the time wasted), or even have custom music made for your game for probably a similar amount of money or slightly more.

Vae_Victis

Banned
For someone who watched it directly on a PS5, can you tell us what the original video quality is? Because all the videos on YouTube are compressed like hell. I'm curious to know if even on the console the blacks are a mess of squares, or if at least he managed to produce a high bitrate video when he recorded it originally.

J3nga

For someone who watched it directly on a PS5, can you tell us what the original video quality is? Because all the videos on YouTube are compressed like hell. I'm curious to know if even on the console the blacks are a mess of squares, or if at least he managed to produce a high bitrate video when he recorded it originally.
Video quality is real good.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
a few pages back someone said it takes a few days to go on to the network and get certified. It sits in a holding page and that is publicly available to be mined. I don’t know if that is true or not but that was an argument of team fake that a patch could not possibly be coming. But somehow one has appeared on a Friday night?

what are you even talking about? It’s automated? So someone can just drop malware up there if they are a trusted developer.

I dont' know anything about some publicly available holding page.. but yes much of a software cert process w/ involve automated code scans to detect stuff like malware.

My understanding is for Playstation before you are trusted there's a manual process w/ can take days due to it requiring some human eyes.

Once you get past that a game can get a patch out in a few hours.

No idea what you mean by this patch could not possibly be coming... it's just obvious what he has been saying is BS.. it's 1PM in the US pacific time zone which is when a lot of stuff releases on PSN so the time isn't really that odd. We have no idea what actually happened; my guess is he did submit it days ago and was just an idiot and didn't think it would take days to certify. Which is why he had to delete his lies about fixing a last minute bug.

Alebrije

Gold Member
And when they reveal Silent Hill than Sony will be remembered for being the genius company that managed to fool everybody and play with people's emotions masterfully.

Oh wait, that wouldn't be true even with an actual SH announcement.
Thas was CDPR with Cyberpunk.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Vid quality is top notch on PS5. It actually looks quite good in person

its till fuck them though

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's looks Real time or that 5gb patch was the 5 sec video in a very high bitrate

b6a6es

Banned
And when they reveal Silent Hill than Sony will be remembered for being the genius company that managed to fool everybody and play with people's emotions masterfully.

Oh wait, that wouldn't be true even with an actual SH announcement.

Honestly, I really fucking doubt that Sony/Konami Relationship even exists nowadays

Konami pretty much guven up not inly on AAA, but also on making games for Sony/MS and going fully Mobile/Switch, even the previously PS exclusive baseball games are becoming Switch Exclusives

remember, Konami was always present at EVERY PS LAUNCH IN JAPAN SINCE 1994, except for (you guessed it) PS5

so yeah, Silent Hill/Metal Gear is completely dead, and these rumors are nothing but PURE COPIUM

IntentionalPun

It's unlikely to be a video in the app.. that would be pointless.. if he has it running in Unreal Engine, he can have it running as a cinematic in the app.

He just forgot to remove the text he put on the screen to record his twitter video lol

IntentionalPun

Also I hope people realize calling this an "app" was pointless, and it wasn't some special "app" (that would show up in a special section in the store)..

It's just a game demo.. a lame one, that only plays a single cinematic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom