• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GHG

Gold Member
Just updated the app and saw the menu screen.

This is just the beginning. Are you ready for weeks of pain team fake?

the party is just getting started GIF by Billboard Music Awards

SJRB

Gold Member
The music in the trailer sounds like it would fit right in, in a Silent Hill game. It’s very reminiscent of the type of music that plays when Harry or James might meet a new character, or when there’s a story section during the daytime.

I’m not saying I think it’s proof of Silent Hill, just that it sounds familiar as a longtime fan.

It's a random 14 year old track called "I Saw Stars" by Deep Sounds where they literally cut out the 5 good seconds because the rest of the track is trash.

Trash like Blue Box, so it's fitting I suppose.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
My takeaways.

The patch being 5GB is weird since it's less than 2GB and it was meant to be working. I think there is more that will be shadow revealed (next trailer).
The video is the same as the video shown a few days ago (Are you ready? Tweet) and the music did give me SH1 vibes. The Dualsense has a heartbeat feel to it, if the heartbeat is your health then that's a SH link. The creaking door noise and the weird one second cut near the end is sticking with me.

#TeamReal

DeepSpace5D

It's a random 14 year old track called "I Saw Stars" by Deep Sounds where they literally cut out the 5 good seconds because the rest of the track is trash.

Trash like Blue Box, so it's fitting I suppose.
Regardless of where it came from, it just reminds me of typical daytime Silent Hill music. The downtime stuff when all the scary shit is subsided for the time being.

Pull n Pray

Banned
To everyone saying hes a scam artist.

Exactly what is he trying to steal from me?
I'm just speculating here. I don't know where Blue Box's funding comes from.

But let's say Hasan generates hype for the game by misleading gamers into believing Kojima is behind it. Then he uses the hype around the game to solicit funding from a bank or private equity firm.

If that's what is happening, the game is a massive failure, he could be in trouble.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Its just getting started

Team fake said he's going to disappear and nothing will happen

now that Hassan is gearing up for those bombshell drops team fake is moving the goalpost once again

dont touch that dial now, we're just getting started
lol.. oh give me a break..

Since when was that what all of "Team Fake" was saying.

"Team Real" claimed this app would be a big reveal.. and be used to run Sony conferences.. lol

Last edited:

Retinoid

The ARG just started

This is going to lead all the way up to a state of play

Each video will release more & more hints

And every time a video drops, team fake will realize the guy they called an scam artist asset flipper is not nearly skilled enough to pull this all off

On the contrary, Hassan has demonstrated very clearly that he is skilled at making himself look like a moron with no talent, so I fully expect him to continue this trend rather proficiently.

JimRyanGOAT

lol.. oh give me a break..

Since when was that what all of "Team Fake" was saying.

"Team Real" claimed this app would be a big reveal.. and be used to run Sony conferences.. lol

There's literally a theory running around that Hassan is going to disappear and this is all a ruse

Hes not going anywhere

Its all just getting started. The next phase is dropping more Silent hill related hints over the coming weeks

E8smINEWEAMMgPE

Last edited:

SCB3

I'm in shock here, not that I have a dog in this race, I'm more curious than anything, but really? Thats it?

Fuck, I could do this in UE5 in less than a week, its such a strange thing thats happening, still following along as its genuinely interesting as fuck from a Dev standpoint

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I'm just speculating here. I don't know where Blue Box's funding comes from.

But let's say Hasan generates hype for the game by misleading gamers into believing Kojima is behind it. Then he uses the hype around the game to solicit funding from a bank or private equity firm.

If that's what is happening, the game is a massive failure, he could be in trouble.

? Not really.

Nothing in any of that screams fraud or scam etc.

Nothing here was done to force anyone to believe it was Kojima, in fact most put more hype behind this with the fake PSN trophies as it shows indeed, a publisher is help with this marketing thing and it means it might mean even more that its Kojima, nonetheless if someone else with this name made a game, yes....the name would translate into "Kojima" but fuck man, Hasan is a REAL NAME, you telling me all people fucking called this in gaming are really just trying to force you to believe its Kojima?

Them making a horror title will draw inspiration from Silent Hill. Lots of logical reasons exist (outside of Sony's involvement with the fake PSN stuff) to argue its just horror title by a person called Hasan, any bank giving them money did so on their own accord, nothing here comes close to the level of fraud or scam or anything like to that to argue someone would be in trouble.

If the LIED and said Kojima was involved, if they used his name, image, likeliness etc to argue he was directly working on the game and they should give him money etc, then sure some trouble is coming regardless of the games success, but having being in many meetings with banks leading money for big projects in real estate....they don't just fucking give you money from a twitter rumor or Neogaf thread or anything weird like that. Any bank dumb enough to even do that won't even have much of a case. Think about it, they are the ones that took THE RISK, they didn't know who was making it and though "sure lets pump 100 million based on a rumor", that wouldn't really be the fault of the developer, it actually would be the fault of the bank for carelessly gambling like that. I don't see much that shows anyone would be in trouble so far.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It would be cool but i don't need/didn't want a Silent Hill sequel. I don't know what i'm waiting for:messenger_grinning:. But it's too late i guess, i want a sequel now. What a PR success if it turns out to be true. This franchise has never been this popular.

Aenima

This guy makes Sean Murray look like the most humble and honest person in the world.

After the 1st teaser they said to look forward for the next gameplay trailer, and all we get is another teaser.

And what this realtime experience even means, does it mean that small teaser is actually a cutscene running in real time and not a video? I dont get it.

IntentionalPun

There's literally a theory running around that Hassan is going to disappear and this is all a ruse

Hes not going anywhere

Its all just getting started. The next phase is dropping more Silent hill related hints over the coming weeks

Yes.. he's bailed on a number of game projects that he'd released stuff like trailers for...

... obviously he could do that here... but.. why would that have to happen now for that not to be true? lol

And it's a theory.. based on exactly what he's done in the past.. so.. a pretty valid one don't you think?

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned

Hes not going anywhere

E8smINEWEAMMgPE
Did you even read that image? Multiple entries say they released a product, but it was absolute shit. These is absolutely nothing he said or did that disproves the modus operandi so far.

I also love how in your mind either Hasan is Kojima and is developing Silent Hill, or Hasan is incapable of producing absolutely anything of any quality or substance at all, including a super basic 5-seconds video in Unreal Engine using likely store assets that shows aboslutely nothing. You are putting it like the second he produces ANYTHING then he is automatically proven to be Kojima. How? Why?

Also also, let's ask Hasan one more time. Are you making Silent Hill my man?

Yeah, he said no.

I swear this thread needs to be a case study for graduating shrinks.

JimRyanGOAT

Yes.. he's bailed on a number of game projects that he'd released stuff like trailers for...

... obviously he could do that here... but.. why would that have to happen now for that not to be true? lol

And it's a theory.. based on exactly what he's done in the past.. so.. a pretty valid one don't you think?

It's valid of course because he's already done this multiple times in the past.

But if he was going to do it again, he had his chance. But instead, now we have a developer that can't even finish a project in one of the strangest positions in gaming history. No way the stars aligned for Hassan like this.

I believe because of his location he was approached by Sony to release Abandoned as an ARG for another title

I could be wrong, but until this is all finished neither side can claim victory.

Because even if you are 100 percent team fake, you know this isn't close to being over

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It's valid of course because he's already done this multiple times in the past.

But if he was going to do it again, he had his chance. But instead, now we have a developer that can't even finish a project in one of the strangest positions in gaming history. No way the stars aligned for Hassan like this.

I believe because of his location he was approached by Sony to release an Abandoned as an ARG for another title

I could be wrong, but until this is all finished neither side can claim victory.

Because even if you are 100 percent team fake, you know this isn't close to being over
Well he can bail any time.. so I don't know why you think it's too late.

He probably won't since he has so much attention; not sure why he would.. but the thing is, he also has to get an actual game past certification at some point.. and I have my doubts anything he's released in the past would come close to qualify.. as at least other past examples were actually games.. with gameplay.. and a few hours of content.

What he charged ~$5 for on Steam, which is one of the games he's created a PSN Store entry for, was not really a game.. just a small area where you could.. walk around and take pictures lol.. it's also basically what his $2 Android game was.

And I don't think Sony lends indies dev kits indefinitely either.. if he doesn't get something done resembling a game he might have to give that up too.. and eventually Sony might ask some questions in general and yank his lying ass's account from him lol

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

He probably won't since he has so much attention; not sure why he would.. but the thing is, he also has to get an actual game past certification at some point.. and I have my doubts anything he's released in the past would come close to qualify.. as at least other past examples were actually games.. with gameplay.. and a few hours of content.

What he charged ~$5 for on Steam, which is one of the games he's created a PSN Store entry for, was not really a game.. just a small area where you could.. walk around and take pictures lol.. it's also basically what his $2 Android game was.

And I don't think Sony lends indies dev kits indefinitely either.. if he doesn't get something done resembling a game he might have to give that up too.. and eventually Sony might ask some questions in general and yank his lying ass's account from him lol

IMO he would have bailed a long time ago, all this notoriety and clout is really bad if his goal is to use this as a tax write off

So that leaves the possibility he's just one of those guys that always overhypes and oversells which is pretty common in the gaming industry

But then I don't get the Nuare part and all the other coincidences

And I still feel like Konami, Kojima, or even Geoff Keighley would have said something a long time ago. This shits have been trending on Twitter multiple times. Instead, all three have been pretty cryptic, almost on purpose.

We can only wait for the other teasers. I feel like the last reveal will be done at a gaming convention, but that's just my theory.

GHG

Gold Member
Team Real should take the L, stop harassing Hasan, go back to ignoring indie games. There is no conspiracy here, just a mediocre game and a guy who underestimated the craziness of the gaming community.

Who from here is harassing him?

All I'm seeing is people continuing to make jokes just as it's always been.

FrozenFlame

and a guy who underestimated the craziness of the gaming community.
"understimated". He knew what he was doing. He kept baiting the crazies and eventually they (by they I mean 5 to 10 people) will start sending death threats which will lead to Kotaku creating another "Gamers are toxic" article.

Withnail

Nah. The suits will be looking at this and saying "this indie is generating threads on Gaf with >10k posts. Hasan is a marketing genius". From a certain point of view this is a huge success.

I think there's a good possibilty that Hasan gets a publishing deal out of this, not with Sony but with someone like Devolver or Annapurna who plan to "help him realise his vision" or something.

IntentionalPun

IMO he would have bailed a long time ago, all this notoriety and clout is really bad if his goal is to use this as a tax write off

So that leaves the possibility he's just one of those guys that always overhypes and oversells which is pretty common in the gaming industry

But then I don't get the Nuare part and all the other coincidences

And I still feel like Konami, Kojima, or even Geoff Keighley would have said something a long time ago. This shits have been trending on Twitter multiple times. Instead, all three have been pretty cryptic, almost on purpose.

We can only wait for the other teasers. I feel like the last reveal will be done at a gaming convention, but that's just my theory.
Well I don't believe in any of the tax fraud/tax write off stuff... it makes no sense...

He's just a weirdo whose been faking the idea of having a real game studio for years and made some lame attempts to sell a couple of games.

Nuare I can't imaging is going to stick this out though; we'll see.. I suspect they got involved to "help" someone they saw as being in need, who also had a lot of attention to their game. Hence the "Hasan is real" video. They are aware of all the past nonsense now though.

As far as Kojima/Konami/Keighely not saying anything.. meh.. I don't think this thing is all that serious in the end for them to comment... they may some day, we'll see. This has certainly picked up steam.

I think you guys are imagining the references from Kojima though, and Geoff too. So there is that, but we can agree to disagree.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I know how this is gonna play out.
All those 3 trailers are gonna reveal nothing, fuck all, they just gonna troll us
Even the first gameplay demo isn't gonna make sense, and we're gonna be mad.
And then the second playable demo is gonna be the real deal and they ain't gonna show the name of the game until you've completed the second playable demo.

IntentionalPun

Nah. The suits will be looking at this and saying "this indie is generating threads on Gaf with >10k posts. Hasan is a marketing genius". From a certain point of view this is a huge success.

I think there's a good possibilty that Hasan gets a publishing deal out of this, not with Sony but with someone like Devolver or Annapurna who plan to "help him realise his vision" or something.
Yeah in the end without examining that hard it just looks like an indie getting a bunch of hype who could move some units.

But I don't think anyone is going to throw real money at Hasan w/o asking for some receipts like who his employees are and what their experience is. And it's pretty plainly obvious those employees don't exist lol

Same with asking him about past work/games.. and where are they? Why are all removed from sale?

Anyone taking an even slightly critical look at Hasan wouldn't give him a dime.

At the very least.. they will ask to see a prototype or anything revealing a real game design.. which is doubtful Hasan has anything.

Top Bottom