• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManaByte

Gold Member
False.. Changed in 2018 and since then devs are able to deploy patches and get them verified within hours.

"Then we were supposed to get a tech demo and the day of its expected arrival, it was delayed for a patch to go through. What's interesting is that there doesn't appear to be any patch listed on PlayStation 5 in connection with the Abandoned app. Usually, if a patch or update is in progress, a patch tracker will list information about when it's supposed to go live. The studio mentioned an update was coming to fix the reason why the highly anticipated teaser was delayed again, but nothing is showing up. Now, this could be explained through certification submission protocols, though the timing still feels off. If it were a certification issue, it's more than likely that it would have been picked up before the update was slated to go live." - https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/0...-kicks-up-ps5-game-abandoned-rumors-once-more

For a big developer like HighRez, sure.

For an indie developer who never released a game and has six years of fraud releases behind them? Probably not.

But there is no evidence of a scam at this point.

There are six years of evidence of making fake games, taking money for them, and releasing nothing.

Last edited:

SaucyJack

There are six years of evidence of making fake games, taking money for them, and releasing nothing.

What money have they taken other than about $100 on Kickstarter?

What money are they getting on Abandoned? From whom?

I am open to being convinced, but failure to deliver =/= fraud.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
For a big developer like HighRez, sure.

For an indie developer who never released a game and has six years of fraud releases behind them? Probably not.
Do you really think PlayStation handles submissions differently based on the success of the developers?

THEAP99

Banned
What money have they taken other than about $100 on Kickstarter?

What money are they getting on Abandoned? From whom?

I am open to being convinced, but failure to deliver =/= fraud.
I read somewhere that the Norwegian government funds project like these. So maybe he just taking money from them and doing this lol.

Corndog

Banned
Ahem, it's a floor.

I'm playing Call of Duty Cold War campaign in PS5 just right now and textures are equal or better than this.

It's impossible to evaluate the graphic quality of a game only with an asset close up.
Ya. Not much geometry to a floor unless your modeling each plank of wood and even that isn’t much.

supernova8

Banned
Do you really think PlayStation handles submissions differently based on the success of the developers?

Unless they have unlimited resources or a completely automated process? Yes probably. Assuming everything else is equal, if they only have the time/capacity to deal with one submission today, do you think they will deal with Call of Duty or some random shovelware indie game?

dotnotbot

Yes, they do ……

….. in Norway.

Maybe Netherlands have something similar.

CD Projekt Red took 30 millions PLN from polish government for developing innovative open world with advanced AI and even "seamless multiplayer" in Cyberpunk. Did anything like that make it into the final product? Not really.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I have serious doubts that anything about this app is meant to unlock at a specific time.

I think Hasan submitted the patch a while back, and was a bit clueless how long it would take. Probably set the release time to Tuesday, but the patch didn't pass cert until after that.. so it came later.

But that's just a guess.. dude is a total bullshitter, so it's impossible to really know what is going on in a situation like this.
I don’t know just the patch is 5GB size… it should have a lot more than 5 seconds render… even more due being render instead video.

ethomaz

Banned
That's not how submitting patches work. It's an hour by hour process. BBG lied about "last minute failure" cause he/they never submitted the patch.

- or it was all intentional...
I believe he didn’t submitted the patch because it showed more than what he wished… so he told it was a bug and back to fix (block) the parts to release the patch.

BTW patches can be release in few hours in today Sony rules.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Hasan is a citizen of the world, free of any national clutches.

Hasan is more than a human being.

Hasan is an ideal. A guiding light, an utopia.

Hasan is each one of us when we throw away the shackles that bind us.

I think he'll be getting funding from NASA soon, with his creativity and vision he will have us on the moon in no time.

kojimap-productions-kojima-ludens.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
False.. Changed in 2018 and since then devs are able to deploy patches and get them verified within hours.

"Then we were supposed to get a tech demo and the day of its expected arrival, it was delayed for a patch to go through. What's interesting is that there doesn't appear to be any patch listed on PlayStation 5 in connection with the Abandoned app. Usually, if a patch or update is in progress, a patch tracker will list information about when it's supposed to go live. The studio mentioned an update was coming to fix the reason why the highly anticipated teaser was delayed again, but nothing is showing up. Now, this could be explained through certification submission protocols, though the timing still feels off. If it were a certification issue, it's more than likely that it would have been picked up before the update was slated to go live." - https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/0...-kicks-up-ps5-game-abandoned-rumors-once-more

Did you read my post?

That tweet doesn't contradict it.

There is a short cert process; you don't get that right away. Devs in other places have confirmed how it works.

Either way Hasan bullshitted about the patch, at face value.. so not sure why it even matters lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

ESRB can be just a place holder until it is receive the final rate.
In most cases trailers use a place holder ESRB rating that the devs things it will fit the content until the final game is submitted and the ESRB give the final rating.

In any case the actual game is not called Abandoned… it has another name.

IntentionalPun

Why do you guys keep repeating that the game isn't named Abandoned?

Either way this dude does not have any content to ESRB rate lol

ethomaz

Banned
You know what, if team fake are ultimately proven to be right and this guy inserted a fucking fake ESRB rating at the start of his trailer then this will be one for the ages. Nothing else will top this level of fraudulence.
? You can place holder ESRB rating before final rating.

Trailers, demos, etc are all done using place holder ESRB seals… ESRB doesn’t rate the trailers before go online and the game is not finished yet to do so.

Plus ESRB is a form application where the devs says what it is the content… just when the final game is done the ESRB check if the content matches the form submitted.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

IntentionalPun

Because he said so since first reveal.
Where? Link?

edit: Found a couple tweets..

Where he also said that nothing shown in April was the game as it was in early development then.. 2 months later, he babbles about Abandoned being a code name.

Yet.. he has it as the name everywhere and has yet to reveal the name he claimed he was going to reveal on June 18th lol Which was when he did that "Starts with an S, ends with an L" tweet.. he's just pretending he's Kojima.. hence the code name and the heavy handed reference to Silent Hill

Stop taking this guy seriously.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I think I and others who leaked/hinted at what this is will be right as we stay silent in these trying times of #TeamReal.

Going to put this from back in June here:

I still believe the interactive app is a first person perspective of you walking around the woods trying to find things. And like he said trailers will follow through out the summer for playstations event.

They did something similar at one of the PSX years ago.

I think bluebox was contracted to make the game/app for Sony.

Silent hill will be shown at some point this summer as people find it in the interactive app.

dotnotbot

Fake rating, using songs without licence. Can't wait what's next.

EDIT: nevermind, that song is royalty free

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Is it possible that Hassan can go to jail for what he's doing?
Incredibly unlikely..

If he ever successfully got an investor, and did so while lying about his company? Sure.

But even then, it'd probably be a civil action w/ monetary consequences as that's usually how petty shit like that is handled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom