• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elliot5

You're completely missing the point... it's their own brand that gets damaged if they indeed have nothing to show for. Companies of this size do not let this sort of shit fly, they just don't.
Especially when they are publicly traded.

So the silence here speaks volumes and anyone that doesn't see it probably has very little knowledge of the corporate world.
You're extremely overselling how tied Abandoned is to Sony. A blog post anyone can pay for isn't some sort of partnership. Unless they started publicly claiming preposterous things about Sony that aren't true then it's nothing to them. An "exclusive" doesn't mean shit.

If Hasan really is a one man band faker then it seems a huge waste of time trying to delete stuff now he hit the big league of exposure. There is no deleting this now and he'll have nowhere to hide.
You know, its a hell of alot easier to just open a new company with a new name then it is to try to erase the past of one . They could even sell this "APP" idea since it would look like a new approach from a new company.

A real scammer would go with the fresh start, not only would it clear their past but it would also look so similar to what happened with "Moby Dick studios" that even more people would think it was Kojima.

So why choose to keep a company name with a checkerd past and tease Kojima unless you want people to think your an Indie with a history.

This is all intentional.. I am glad to see that more people took the bait this time... Should Make Kojima Happy

Last edited:

GrayChild

You're extremely overselling how tied Abandoned is to Sony. A blog post anyone can pay for isn't some sort of partnership. Unless they started publicly claiming preposterous things about Sony that aren't true then it's nothing to them. An "exclusive" doesn't mean shit.

Which kinda brings us to the first point.

If the whole thing turns out to be a scam, the first company people will start pointing fingers to will be Sony as they will be considered the prime accomplices in this case. That would greatly decrease the trust in their indie division.

For sure... that's why I said I meant no offense, and I meant it when I said it.

Lots of you guys aren't going to make that big of a deal out of this when it turns out Hasan is just Hasan.

I still find your logic a bit hillarious.. I'm not here to call people retards or anything like that, you guys are still funny to me.

You mean.. no sweat off your back?
Yeah, I personally wouldn't make it a big deal, but I'm a grown up and don't throw temper tantrums over videogames on the internet, unfortunately we know a very vocal minority (?) will get way carried away.
Let's face it, this is years in the making, the whole Konami / Kojima debacle pissed a lot of people off and pretty much killed Konami's reputation. There seems to be a glimmer of hope that at the very least some of gaming's most beloved IPs will be rescued and to make it better, the man we all love and was terribly treated could be at the helm.

This will play with a lot of people's emotions and I'm 100% sure Sony knows this. At the very least people like Shuhei and Cory know this for a fact. The would be absolutely in the know if it is a Kojima ARG, so them playing along with the situation is tipping their hand.

If they remained fully quiet I could see your argument of "they don't give a shit", but they haven't ignored the situation, have they?

Btw this is the same company that made a video of a handshake the moment Kojima became "free" and signed him publicly for whatever he wanted to do. They know how beloved he his and how much of a backlash will be if this was all a troll with no payoff.

Which kinda brings us to the first point.

If the whole thing turns out to be a scam, the first company people will start pointing fingers to will be Sony as they will be considered the prime accomplices in this case. That would greatly decrease the trust in their indie division.
That's exactly it. "Hasan" has nothing to lose here, he was a nobody before the whole thing happened and if it's nothing, he will go back to being a nobody.

Sony will carry the stain by themselves, especially with senior people in the organisation "playing along" for the lolz

Lots of you guys aren't going to make that big of a deal out of this when it turns out Hasan is just Hasan.

I still find your logic a bit hillarious.. I'm not here to call people retards or anything like that, you guys are still funny to me.

This. This is how it should be. Let's have fun discussing either side and why it makes sense/doesn't hold up

Instead of calling each other flat earthers, QAnons, retards and other insulting things

Stay strong team fake, stay strong team real. Make the rest of the game, Hassan!!

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
lol I am??

I guess written language does kill tone :messenger_tears_of_joy:

In any case, same as day one, we'll see if I'm wrong when it's all revealed. I'll be here to be clowned if I was off the mark :messenger_sunglasses:(y)

Will you be there to see the dire plunge of Sony's stock price as the market reacts to the heinous act of Sony not commenting on some dinky indie asset flipper?

;)

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I've made some photos with the phone directly to the TV in the actual level I'm playing. All objects have this level of detail. I know phone photos don't have enough quality, in the TV it looks insanely better, but I hope it can help to prove that COD Cold War campaign textures are equal or better than Abandoned teaser.

1aR00uh.jpg

bKoBYzN.jpg

k4PoVeD.jpg
Now zoom in on each.
Aside from the obvious differences in artstyle, (Abandoned’s realistic look vs COD) you can tell the image blurs a lot more on COD, where as Abandoned looks like it’s streaming in massively detailed textures, not all that different to the UE5 8K ones.

abandoned_realtimeexpdik70.jpg

abandoned_realtimeexpntkib.jpg

abandoned_realtimeexperkdq.jpg

abandoned_realtimeexpa9k6s.jpg

Withnail

This is the most discussed game in the industry at the moment, but despite the conspiracy theories it really is just a small time indie. People in the industry are seeing this level of engagement and thinking it's the next Rocket League. Hasan is going to get a publishing deal before this is out, that's my prediction anyway.

IntentionalPun

where as Abandoned looks like it’s streaming in massively detailed textures, not all that different to the UE5 8K ones.

You mean Quixel Megascans? Free to anyone with an unreal engine license? (which is also free, if you agree to give up 5% of your revenue past $1,000,000)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Now zoom in on each.
Aside from the obvious differences in artstyle, (Abandoned’s realistic look vs COD) you can tell the image blurs a lot more on COD, where as Abandoned looks like it’s streaming in massively detailed textures, not all that different to the UE5 8K ones.

The wood boards look fantastic but the rug in the top left looks out of place... like really bad

trikster40

I see people keep saying that Sony should come out and say something, etc, etc.

Let’s not forget that this is the same Sony that tweeted out “welcome to the Sony family blue point”, deleted the tweet, and never acknowledged that either.

if this is something Sony’s behind, we’ll find out in due time. If it’s not, we’ll find that out too.

After all, both Hideo Kojima and Silent Hills both have one H, two Is, and one E. If that doesn’t convince you this is a new Silent Hill, well, I don’t know what else will convince you.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You mean Quixel Megascans? Free to anyone with an unreal engine license? (which is also free, if you agree to give up 5% of your revenue past $1,000,000)

Yeah, might not be Unreal since they’re not stating it anywhere in the app but like that. Possibly Atom? Either way it is impressive.

IntentionalPun

Yeah, might not be Unreal since they’re not stating it anywhere in the app but like that. Possibly Atom? Either way it is impressive.
He said it's using UE4.

Point being.. free or cheap 8k assets are plentiful.. it's not impressive to throw an asset down and then have a character walk over it for a short cinematic.

TonyK

Now zoom in on each.

It looks the same to me. By the way, this is wood from COD Cold War (again, this is a photo taken to the TV, not directly captured, so it looks better and sharper in the TV)
UrQuxXs.jpg

RaySoft

And do people really think Geoff Keighly is that special, or beyond jumping on a grift?

Really?

The guy who hypes every single event like the second coming of Christ?

The guy who has hyped ANNOUNCEMENTS ahead of time.. ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS as the second coming of christ.. and those announcements were wet farts like "SHOCKING NEWS: another call of duty is in the works."?

The guy is a hype man whose job is to put on events/make videos hyping things... and to get things that are hyped on his shows/videos...
Sometimes you go to church and other times you just scream from the rooftops. Context is king.
He's a media person doing he's angle within the confines he's given.

Last edited:
Top Bottom