• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GHG

Gold Member
You think every indie goes through Shu or has any amount of contact with him? They don't. He doesn't sign off on anything.

For an indie to get front and center marketing on the PlayStation youtube chanel and website he would absolutely have sign off. It's not as simple as someone paying a fee and them saying yes off you go, have full access to our marketing channels.

While it's not a certification of quality, that sort of thing gets checked. He will know if there is more to all of this or not.

Last edited:

baphomet

For an indie to get front and center marketing on the PlayStation youtube chanel and website he would absolutely have sign off. It's not as simple as someone paying a fee and them saying yes off you go, have full access to our marketing channels.

While it's not a certification of quality, that sort of thing gets checked. He will know if there is more to all of this or not.
Again, no Shu doesn't sign off on anything. It's part of the Partners program to be featured on their YouTube page.

Shu (along with everyone else)would know more if this were actually a secret Kojima project, but it's not.

ParaSeoul

Again, no Shu doesn't sign off on anything. It's part of the Partners program to be featured on their YouTube page.

Shu (along with everyone else)would know more if this were actually a secret Kojima project, but it's not.
Then why are they acknowledging it but doing nothing to set peoples expectations?

GrayChild

Knowing that doesn't mean anyone of them would spill the beans before the end of the ARG.

If anything, both Sony and Konami would outright say that they don't have anything to do with this game if that was some cheap indie product.

Arun1910

People are really overhyping this. I honestly think this isn't a ruse but incompetence from BBG that has made people think something deeper is happening.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
He's the current head of Indie games at playstation.

He 100% knows, blue box would have had to go through him (or at least get signed off by him).

U2Kiyt5.jpg
Exactly!

GHG

Gold Member

There is a chain of command at every major company and while he won't be out there doing all the legwork for every indie that gets signed up, final signatory from a department head will still be required.

Shu has full visibility of all of the indie games arriving on playstation, it's his job. If this is nothing he would know, end of story. So him saying he "has no idea" is bullshit, especially when this was highlighted to him on twitter weeks ago.

Unfortunately Kojima / Hasan is in his weekend now (it’s Saturdsy evening here in Japan) so we have to wait until Monday for new clues, teases.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Unfortunately Kojima / Hasan is in his weekend now (it’s Saturdsy evening here in Japan) so we have to wait until Monday for new clues, teases.
would it matter to You, as a hyped game director that it is weekend ?
You worked on game for years, secretly funded by sony. no weekend or night will stop you.

Vae_Victis

Banned
its hilarious how you're STILL here whining about how wrong team fake are yet the conclusion hasnt been revealed and you're here writing your 500 word essays just to be a DICK. you really dont have to get involved if you dont believe in this shit and let people discuss their theories (who cares if its nuts? its not fact until proven anyways so calm down!) but you wanna crash the party because you were always bullied at them. this is your fun and its quite sad.

My god the edge. "You are here even if you don't agree with me and you post things that hurt my fee-fees and you are bad and mean and I bet you were bullied at school." Are you literally 12?

The topic of the thread is what this game will turn out to be. Why do you think only people who agree with you have a place posting here, and everybody else is a "dick" for doing the exact same thing?

No, I won't just "let people discuss their theories", I'll say my piece as well, thank you. If reading contrary opinion triggers you and makes you literally shake, then build your own hugbox and put me on ignore.

Would be funny if Team Fake weren't the aggressive ones....

12254601.jpg

Just checking in to say Team Real is going to bury Team Fake today

RIP in piece fakes
By far, the most entertaining part of this has become aggro-Team Fake.

You can see how badly they can't stand someone believing this shit and it's hilarious to watch their lack of control over other's opinions drive them to shitposting.

Keep this ship going.
If you don't have all of team fake on ignore yet i really don't know what you're doing
Team fake in panic mode

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Fake or real, this just shows what a huge following Silent Hill has and how valuable an asset and IP it can really be to both Sony and Konami
This whole thing was a good barometer for Konami to gauge the public interest, so I believe we'll eventually get a Silent Hill by the end of 2023

Shu is just wondering how the fuck they were bamboozled into slapping the PlayStation logo on a trailer for a scam.

Seems like this "scam" revolves around making people think there's an exclusive Silent Hill game coming to the platform.

Im not sure how Hazan managed to fool PlayStation into believing that. If anything Sony would know if something like that is coming to their platform.

My guess is that it's something else. But what I have no idea.

Just curious what Hasan's next move is. If he was looking to scam the government or investors, you gotta figure the jig is up now. Way too much attention on him now and his MO has been spread all across the internet. The word is out.

If he's a scammer, you gotta figure we never hear from him or Blue Box again.

Last edited:
would it matter to You, as a hyped game director that it is weekend ?
You worked on game for years, secretly funded by sony. no weekend or night will stop you.
I does matter if you have a family. Kojima is a very private person but it is known at least that he has a wife and children.
As a father of 2 children myself I can tell you that it is a full time job on the weekends, you have to really look for some time to do anything else (for example in my case when the children are sleeping) but if you want to spend this precious time on work related stuff is also questionable. Kojima loves movies, so I would expect that this is how he use his free time.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Seems like this "scam" revolves around making people think there's an exclusive Silent Hill game coming to the platform.

Im not sure how Hazan managed to fool PlayStation into believing that. If anything Sony would know if something like that is coming to their platform.

My guess is that it's something else. But what I have no idea.

I think they were just repeating the same "indie horror game" scam they have been doing every year since 2015, without ever releasing anything. Hasan just called it PS5 exclusive and teased Silent Hill to get hype and attention on his scam.

Not sure what his endgame is, because it's just exposing his scams to more people as they dig into the history of his fraud development studio. Honestly, he's a fucking idiot.

I think they were just repeating the same "indie horror game" scam they have been doing every year since 2015, without ever releasing anything. Hasan just called it PS5 exclusive and teased Silent Hill to get hype and attention on his scam.

Not sure what his endgame is, because it's just exposing his scams to more people as they dig into the history of his fraud development studio. Honestly, he's a fucking idiot.

Well I wonder if a law suit is ever going to happen. People sinking money into his project must want it back.

Fushitsusha

Banned
I don't believe Shu. If this game is both an indie and supposed to be exclusive to Sony then it should be right up his alley.

"It's coming to PC too."

We don't know that.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Getting some real 'I'm an expert' vibes off the people speculating about the internal machinations at Sony, as well as the posts around lasting damage to the brand reputation of Sony/Konami/Kojima if they don't publicly distance themselves from this big load of nothing.

ethomaz

Banned
You think every indie goes through Shu or has any amount of contact with him? They don't. He doesn't sign off on anything.
Just the amount of buzz generated force him as boss to give more attention to see what it is about.

He obvious know if TeamReal or TeamFake.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

The only thing that would make sense is that he does it for shits and giggles and gets off on the attention.

Because he certainly isn't making any money from this.

Well I wonder if a law suit is ever going to happen. People sinking money into his project must want it back.

Who is giving him money for this?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

You assume he was telling the truth about that.

He probably had that teaser trailer made and used that to sell the game to PlayStation partners to get it promoted, but has nothing else to show. Everything else is a lie, including the funding he claims to have. He was probably using that lie as a lure to get money.

ParaSeoul

Fake or real, this just shows what a huge following Silent Hill has and how valuable an asset and IP it can really be to both Sony and Konami
This whole thing was a good barometer for Konami to gauge the public interest, so I believe we'll eventually get a Silent Hill by the end of 2023
There are literally two SH games in development right now,dude. How out of the loop are you?

He probably had that teaser trailer made and used that to sell the game to PlayStation partners to get it promoted, but has nothing else to show. Everything else is a lie, including the funding he claims to have. He was probably using that lie as a lure to get money.

So you can fool PlayStation with a trailer that's a couple of seconds long?

Not to mention the history that he has.

Curious as to how nobody saw this coming.

GHG

Gold Member

You guys are making him out to be Elizabeth Holmes' long lost husband or something.

Based on the way he's communicated "delays" I don't think he's that smart.

ParaSeoul

My god the edge. "You are here even if you don't agree with me and you post things that hurt my fee-fees and you are bad and mean and I bet you were bullied at school." Are you literally 12?

The topic of the thread is what this game will turn out to be. Why do you think only people who agree with you have a place posting here, and everybody else is a "dick" for doing the exact same thing?

No, I won't just "let people discuss their theories", I'll say my piece as well, thank you. If reading contrary opinion triggers you and makes you literally shake, then build your own hugbox and put me on ignore.

12254601.jpg
I like how you just typed all this out just to start the discourse again and claim to be the rational ones lmao

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I does matter if you have a family. Kojima is a very private person but it is known at least that he has a wife and children.
As a father of 2 children myself I can tell you that it is a full time job on the weekends, you have to really look for some time to do anything else (for example in my case when the children are sleeping) but if you want to spend this precious time on work related stuff is also questionable. Kojima loves movies, so I would expect that this is how he use his free time.
what kojima has to do with this...
We don't know shot about Hasan but I do know that this would be quite important if it was my game

GHG

Gold Member
He claims Sony is funding the game. If he had Sony money his website wouldn't be hosted on a 386.

So let me get this straight. He's an indie dev who is claiming Sony are giving him funding, meanwhile the head of indies at PlayStation is on twitter all like "hmmm, 🤔 I have no idea what this is"?

Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

I keep hearing that it's a scam. Somebody must be losing something if that's true.

Just because you keep on hearing something on the Internet it doesn't make it true. Once upon a time we were supposed to believe Covid wasn't real.

Until we get official confirmation either way nobody knows what the fuck this is and people are free to speculate in either direction.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
So let me get this straight. He's an indie dev who is claiming Sony are giving him funding, meanwhile the head of indies at PlayStation is on twitter all like "hmmm, 🤔 I have no idea what this is"?

Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

Literally every possibility sounds ridiculous at this point.

Reactions: GHG

kikii

Gold Member

why u still here? go play some pokemon or w/e it is nowadays, just ignore this thread also same for some teamreal nubs :p

Seesh

Neo Member
The Abandoned app rendered my controller inoperable after watching the teaser. The system wasn’t frozen however and I could only navigate the menu that pops up after hitting the PS button. I had to power down the system to regain functionality. Anyone else have anything weird happen as a result of using this app?

ManaByte

Gold Member
The Abandoned app rendered my controller inoperable after watching the teaser. The system wasn’t frozen however and I could only navigate the menu that pops up after hitting the PS button. I had to power down the system to regain functionality. Anyone else have anything weird happen as a result of using this app?
It's a virus.

Just because you keep on hearing something on the Internet it doesn't make it true. Once upon a time we were supposed to believe Covid wasn't real.

Until we get official confirmation either way nobody knows what the fuck this is and people are free to speculate in either direction.

I guess the best thing to do is wait and see what kind of updates the app gets. At the moment I don't believe anyone is losing anything.

The proof (complete with web archive links) was posted in this thread. People don't want to believe it because they've become so invested in the lie.

Seems more like a really incompetent developer than a scammer to me at the moment. Usually scams end up with someone losing something. Like liquid funds for example. And as a result lawsuits usually happen.

SaucyJack

I keep hearing that it's a scam. Somebody must be losing something if that's true.

I think some people don’t understand the difference between a scam - which really needs some kind of payoff - and a complete waste of everyone’s time, which is what it would be if teamfake are right.

GHG

Gold Member
Hasan is mining Bitcoin via Abandoned app

Not doing a very good job of that then considering the app doesn't incentivise you to keep it open longer than the whole 5 seconds the current trailer lasts.

Is this what it's come to for team fake? "it's a virus, it's malware, it's locking up my PS5 system that I don't have, it's mining crypto".

Bit desperate, no?

Last edited:
Top Bottom