• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEAP99

Banned
The only small little glimmer of hope that may make me this think isn't an indie scam game is the fact Jaffe seems vocal on thinking it's Kojima. Usually Jaffe has his sources.

But I'm still team fake. Have been since April.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Every single indie HAS to submit a blog post.

We learned that a month or so ago when some indie's were publicly airing grievances with Sony's policies.

What makes you think the social media team at Sony is running background checks?

What makes you think they are doing that when they initially agree to let people into the partner program?

You likely have to have a real business registration.. a tax ID in your country, which Blue Box has. Beyond that, what check would they even do? The program is meant to let indies of all shapes and sizes have a chance.. it's all free for them.. they get "lent" a dev kit when there's one available.. they have multiple "1 man studios" who have or are going to produce games/etc. Hasan likely had to submit some URLs to show his web site, maybe some info on games being worked on.. which he has, considering he had one up on Steam last year.. a person doing a cursory glance would think this looks like plenty of other small indies Sony has given dev kits to (many of which produced utter garbage, that actually released on Playstation.)

A whole lot of business in this world is done on "good faith"... Apple also isn't background checking app store submissions.. you can lie to your hearts content about having thousands of employees on the internet and submit a game and get it on the iOS app store too.

Now if Sony were to ACTUALLY invest in the game? Sure.. there'd likely be more to it.. they'd expect a prototype of a real game, or some real documentation of design.. likely expect more proof of past work/etc.

But this is just an indie in their partner program doing self publishing.

(the above is all my opinion of course)

Last edited:

FunkMiller

No matter what team you're on, you have to admit that this whole experience has been pretty fun to discuss. There is a lack of worthwhile video game news right now, so I welcome any and all speculation about what Abandoned actually is. I'm still Team Fake 100% but this is still some serious entertainment and I'm here for it.

Personally, I’m on #TeamEndless.

Fire Elmo GIF

IntentionalPun

There is no reason to think Hasan paid any money to get Sony to post his blog post.

Check out the Playstation blog right now.. it is littered with more dinky indie game posts than ever before...

It's not a prestigious medical journal.. it's a blog meant to market video games.

IntentionalPun

And do people really think Geoff Keighly is that special, or beyond jumping on a grift?

Really?

The guy who hypes every single event like the second coming of Christ?

The guy who has hyped ANNOUNCEMENTS ahead of time.. ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS as the second coming of christ.. and those announcements were wet farts like "SHOCKING NEWS: another call of duty is in the works."?

The guy is a hype man whose job is to put on events/make videos hyping things... and to get things that are hyped on his shows/videos...

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
There is no reason to think Hasan paid any money to get Sony to post his blog post.

Check out the Playstation blog right now.. it is littered with more dinky indie game posts than ever before...

It's not a prestigious medical journal.. it's a blog meant to market video games.

And if you're an indie who promises it'll be exclusive to the PS5, you better believe they'll promote you even if you have no real game to prove it.

IntentionalPun

And if you're an indie who promises it'll be exclusive to the PS5, you better believe they'll promote you even if you have no real game to prove it.
Right been saying that from the start; Hasan claimed exclusivity, said the game would take full advantage of PS5's power,etc.etc.

That exclusivity is what caught people's attention in the first place.. w/o it I doubt anyone would have even been talking about that wet fart of a blog post.

The moment Hasan got caught w/ that trailer just being some tree assets you can buy for a few dollars, and that behavior matched his entire 6 year history.. is when people should have really started ignoring this lol He even has pretending to be Kojima as part of his history.. and an endless string of weird behaviors that indicate how much of a hack liar he is.

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
Abandon your plans!

Okay that's it. This is 100% Kojima. That phrase doesn't make context in any other sense than as a tease about the Abandoned app. So it will show the final trailer live along with unlocking it real time in the app. We also know from Geoff's last show he can't get any devs of note to work with him besides Kojima so that confirms his involvement. Done deal.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Okay that's it. This is 100% Kojima. That phrase doesn't make context in any other sense than as a tease about the Abandoned app. So it will show the final trailer live along with unlocking it real time in the app. We also know from Geoff's last show he can't get any devs of note to work with him besides Kojima so that confirms his involvement. Done deal.
XdD-_xji2_3IxTMJoLAKpbP41t85RQPb1h-MhjrOgEsMQRnYqhflK7MGfY9sBq3u_Tqzcz4UlX9agiVBI-z0X0nmIirL0cdfNM18esGV9pbhGmWJ8XhdY5XRVokfGHKF7g=s0-d

JimRyanGOAT

It's so bizarre to me that you guys see that Cory tweet and actually think it fits the idea he knows this is some Kojima plot..
Because obviously Keighley & Barlog know whether or not its Kojima. Both are one DM away from the answer, they have so many connections and obviously already know if Kojima is involved or not.

1. So either they come out and tell us its not him
  2. leave it and just let us find out the hard way.
  3. Or play dumb while also playing along for some reason (This is what they've done so far)

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Pretty sure Barlog thinks the entire conspiracy theory is hilarious... I agree, that's why I'm here too.

After a 2 month delay.. and then another awkward 3-4 day delay.. for a pointless app.. an then... a patch.. the guy releases a 5 second pointless segment of someone walking..

And you guys are still on board.

It's.. hilarious.. I mean that in a non-offensive way as it's all harmless.. but it's still hilarious.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Many of Hasan's lies had been scrubbed from the internet anyways before his blog post went up.

People had to dig through archive.org to find a lot of this stuff.

He deleted both of his Android games.. changed his web site.. did that awkward thing on Steam where he de-listed his game for sale and pretended to change it to "CreateQ".

These are all the actions of a guy who... is worried someone is going to check into his history.

Hmmm.. strange isn't it?

I doubt anyone at Sony is doing anything more than basic web searches; which in April, would have brought you very little about Blue Box and Abandoned.

See for yourself:

0lb3x7T.png

You would find the Steam game.. but again, he changed both the company name, and his "username"... the company he changed to CreateQ.. the username he changed from "BlueBox Game Studios" to "SneakyWarriorr".

All stuff you can figure out if you go digging.. but why would a social media manager at Sony do that kind of digging?

He just looked like yet another new indie dev on a cursory search.

Now the internet has crowd-sourced a ton of info... over weeks.. with thousands of people contributing (although they could have just read my posts in June ;) )

Last edited:

skit_data

Do people really believe that a large corporation like Sony would promote an indie game on their blog without doing any background checks on the developer?
They did fund and still do promote Destruction All-stars, so I wouldn’t deem them immune to failures like that, even if they seem to have better control than most publishers.

There have also been inaccurate statements regarding their 1st party games on their blog as well so, yeah, whoever handles that part might wanna start looking for another job.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Many of Hasan's lies had been scrubbed from the internet anyways before his blog post went up.

People had to dig through archive.org to find a lot of this stuff.

He deleted both of his Android games.. changed his web site.. did that awkward thing on Steam where he de-listed his game for sale and pretended to change it to "CreateQ".

These are all the actions of a guy who... is worried someone is going to check into his history.

Hmmm.. strange isn't it?

I doubt anyone at Sony is doing anything more than basic web searches; which in April, would have brought you very little about Blue Box and Abandoned.

See for yourself:

0lb3x7T.png

You would find the Steam game.. but again, he changed both the company name, and his "username"... the company he changed to CreateQ.. the username he changed from "BlueBox Game Studios" to "SneakyWarriorr".

All stuff you can figure out if you go digging.. but why would a social media manager at Sony do that kind of digging?

He just looked like yet another new indie dev on a cursory search.

Now the internet has crowd-sourced a ton of info... over weeks.. with thousands of people contributing (although they could have just read my posts in June ;) )

But that's EXACTLY what Kojima would do!!!!

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

elliot5

Because obviously Keighley & Barlog know whether or not its Kojima. Both are one DM away from the answer, they have so many connections and obviously already know if Kojima is involved or not.

1. So either they come out and tell us its not him
  2. leave it and just let us find out the hard way.
  3. Or play dumb while also playing along for some reason (This is what they've done so far)
Why would they come out and tell us it's not him? It's not their place to do so

With games (frankly, any form of private work) you don't just ask around to your industry friends what they're working on and what's going on, then in put that on blast for the internet. That's extremely unprofessional and literally nobody does that (at least not publicly). That's why if they're gonna divulge they will go through as an anonymous source to a reporter.

Stop thinking Shu or Geoff or Barlog or Kojima ought to step in and clarify all they supposedly know. That's not how any of this works.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but the language menu in the app reminded me much of TLOU's menus..

What if it's not Kojima... But Naughty Dog instead? Dun Dun Dun

Interested to see how this pans out
Edit: still team real folks and having fun.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Barlog thinks the entire conspiracy theory is hilarious... I agree, that's why I'm here too.

After a 2 month delay.. and then another awkward 3-4 day delay.. for a pointless app.. an then... a patch.. the guy releases a 5 second pointless segment of someone walking..

And you guys are still on board.

It's.. hilarious.. I mean that in a non-offensive way as it's all harmless.. but it's still hilarious.
You realize we may find it funny as it's no sweat off our back. But from a Sony's perspective, if this turns out to be literally nothing, it's a nightmare scenario for them.
Basically getting a LOT of people's expectations elevated and "if" they have nothing to show for, a ton of people will be very very angry.

That's why companies this big are quick to kill rumors before they start spiraling out of control.

I know you play down the scope of this entire thing, but that's where I think you're wrong. Literally number 1 trending topic on gaming twitter a couple days back for example.

IF it's indeed a nothing burger, Sony let it go way too far. You can add Kojima, Keighley, Konami to the list too, since it's in one way or the other reflecting on them.

There's no way Shuhei or Cory would be meme'ing along if they knew it was just about to blow in a massive disappointment to their most hard core fans :messenger_winking:

Basically this is my #1 reason to be on #teamreal since the very first day. Every day that goes by and Sony doesn't kill it, the more it reinforces my conviction here.

THE:MILKMAN

If Hasan really is a one man band faker then it seems a huge waste of time trying to delete stuff now he hit the big league of exposure. There is no deleting this now and he'll have nowhere to hide.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You realize we may find it funny as it's no sweat off our back. But from a Sony's perspective, if this turns out to be literally nothing, it's a nightmare scenario for them.
Basically getting a LOT of people's expectations elevated and "if" they have nothing to show for, a ton of people will be very very angry.

That's why companies this big are quick to kill rumors before they start spiraling out of control.

I know you play down the scope of this entire thing, but that's where I think you're wrong. Literally number 1 trending topic on gaming twitter a couple days back for example.

IF it's indeed a nothing burger, Sony let it go way too far. You can add Kojima, Keighley, Konami to the list too, since it's in one way or the other reflecting on them.

There's no way Shuhei or Cory would be meme'ing along if they knew it was just about to blow in a massive disappointment to their most hard core fans :messenger_winking:

Basically this is my #1 reason to be on #teamreal since the very first day. Every day that goes by and Sony doesn't kill it, the more it reinforces my conviction here.

Look at it this way, Sony wasn't at E3, they haven't announced anything in a while, and along comes this indie game that people on the internet are going crazy for? Of course they'll jump on that hype train as it's free marketing to keep the PS5 talked about.

But when it all comes crashing down, they'll go buy one of Kutaragi's new killer AI robots to take care of Hasan.

elliot5

It's not Sony's job to step in unless money starts getting involved. And this will not impact them in the slightest when it becomes old news

GrayChild

It's not Sony's job to step in unless money starts getting involved. And this will not impact them in the slightest when it becomes old news

That would pretty much kill the trust in their indie program. So I'd definitely say that this is a huge risk for them.

dotnotbot

Sony is bad at reacting to anything that happens on the internet, this is nothing new.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

You realize we may find it funny as it's no sweat off our back.
For sure... that's why I said I meant no offense, and I meant it when I said it.

Lots of you guys aren't going to make that big of a deal out of this when it turns out Hasan is just Hasan.

I still find your logic a bit hillarious.. I'm not here to call people retards or anything like that, you guys are still funny to me.

no way Shuhei or Cory would be meme'ing along if they knew it was just about to blow in a massive disappointment to their most hard core fans :messenger_winking:

You mean.. no sweat off your back?

You're completely missing the point... it's their own brand that gets damaged if they indeed have nothing to show for. Companies of this size do not let this sort of shit fly, they just don't.
Especially when they are publicly traded.

So the silence here speaks volumes and anyone that doesn't see it probably has very little knowledge of the corporate world.

Top Bottom