• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaySoft

As many people above already pointed out.. Compare the quality of this output against the asset flippin' on-rails-connect-the-dots-gamelogic amature output from yesterdays past. This small clip is on a whole other level, involving real CPU and GPU code to pull it off in this way. Looking back at this shell studio's past endevours, it's quite an acheivement. Probably too much so.
The point here is that many of you doesn't even seem to have your facts straight, just posting your mind without thinking first. As Pet Shop Boys would have said; It's a sin.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
This small clip is on a whole other level, involving real CPU and GPU code to pull it off in this way.
Lebron James What GIF by SB Nation

RaySoft

Ok, I'll invite you to write the shadercode alone.
As I wrote before, you can't acheive this quality with "painting by numbers" in UE or any other engine. Code's requred, and if any of their previous endevours is anything to go by, this quality bump is either bought or staged.

Edit: When I say on another level, I mean compared to their previous work.

Last edited:

baphomet

As I wrote before, you can't acheive this quality with "painting by numbers" in UE or any other engine. Code's requred, and if any of their previous endevours is anything to go by, this quality bump is either bought or staged.

Lol, please point out what you think from that clip isn't a default in UE4.

ManaByte

Gold Member

You're joking, right? That 5 second clip could be done in UE3.

Forza coming out in a month, Halo soon after. Hades is out on current gen. Allen Wake II essentially confirmed. Dead space remake confirmed. Back 4 Blood drops soon...nothing (real) going on in the industry.
Forza and Halo, how exciting. We've been down that road enough times.

Hades, great game, not going to splash waves just because it comes out on current gen.

Alan wake II - a game with one previous game, hardly the fanbase to make a huge splash until the reveal/gameplay trailer is out (great game btw, I'm very excited).

Dead Space remake - as exciting as a wet fart until the full reveal/gameplay trailer is out (again, actually exciting, but its EA and we know where that may lead us).

Back 4 Blood - is actually exciting. I'm happy the former team is back on this. But its Left 4 Dead, we know what we're getting.

Again, no discounting the great (actual) games coming out soon. But nothing is as fun as this Qanon levels of conspiracy over a damn video game we totally think Kojima is in on the entire troll for a possible SH game. For now.

Last edited:

RaySoft

The animation is from any run of the mill animation pack.

I want you to say specifically which part of the trailer you would have to write a shader for.
I'm not sure if you can actually buy shade code? But to make textures transform in a specific maner you'll need quality code. I'll give it that this was a rather static animation, but within that animation is more work than just point & click to buy.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
It's about the journey and the friends we made along the way.

Maybe the real silent hill is the hype we made along the way?

The real Silent Hill was the friends we Abandoned along the way.

the real silent hill were the rumors and fake insiders we met along the way

What if Abandoned isn’t a game title but all of the IP Konami has neglected over the years (and all of the friends we’ve made along the way)

What if the real Silent Hill was the friends we made along the way (in Home)?

What a journey it's been with all of you. The real E3 2021 was the friends we made along the way. And perfect buttholes.

The real Silent Hills were the enemies on gaming forums that we made along the way

The real Silent Hill is the friends we abandoned along the way.
wanna-kill-myself-the-office.gif

RaySoft

The animation is from any run of the mill animation pack.

I want you to say specifically which part of the trailer you would have to write a shader for.
It's obvious there are material shaders at work there. As I've said, the trailer was really static, so it could be easily faked as well. My point is just that this is on another level that what they've done before..

Seriously I don’t understand what team fakes narrative is, perhaps they can explain the following points:

1. What is Hasans goal and how does he make money? I often hear from team fake there is no game, so who does pay him money then? Instead we know that he is using Nuare, so at least he is spending a little bit money (although with their track record, I cannot imagine them to be cheap). Also Nuare made extra a video for him, do you think they would do that if he is paying them very little money for only some assets?
Additionally although there are different opinions, but I cannot imagine that everything he did on PSN until now was free.

2. Team Fake was not able to give a real answer to the looming question why Kojima and Sony are being quite. I heard that Kojima does not care about a small indie, but if your Twitter is flooded with comments about this indie, I am sure everyone would feel annoyed.

3. Hos did Hasan survive for 6 years? Does he have another job (with no existing social media presence, it seems questionable).

4. How was he able to make such a good teaser, it’s not just the graphics, it’s also the choice of the perspective to not reveal too much and the perfect music choice. I heard from team fake that Nuare helped him with the teaser, but that would mean he had to even pay more money to Nuare.

5. all Twitter comments geomorphology from the scene sounds suspicious. But team fake took the tweet from David Hayter that he doesn’t know anything as a big enough evidence that at least MGS is not coming. That is the stupidest thing / evidence I have ever heard. Don’t you think everyone involved in the project needs to sign a NDA that they have to deny any knowledge? That’s pretty standard these days especially when working on an unannounced project.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You're joking, right? That 5 second clip could be done in UE3.
If it were so easy then everyone would do it.
We wouldn’t get janky animations like Star Citizen or Mass Effect. We wouldn’t get ugly looking characters like Craig or Knack. There are hundreds of games out there, some of which are in development by AAA studios with hundreds of people right now, proving it is no simple UE drag and drop task to create games.

Last edited:

Vick

We wouldn’t get janky animations like Star Citizen or Mass Effect. We wouldn’t get ugly looking characters like Craig or Knack. There are hundreds of games out there, some of which are in development by AAA studios with hundreds of people right now, proving it is no simple UE drag and drop task to create games.
That Teaser's graphics are what seriously makes me question this whole thing.. in a negative way.
Look at P.T., zoom on textures in that game. It's graphical/artistic perfection.

I'll still be TeamReal till proven otherwise, but just because:

- Two insiders heard it's indeed all real.
- Lots of rumors of Silent Hills made by Kojima before this happened.
- Konami's silence on this when asked directly, with their known history of shutting down rumors immediately.
- Kojima is crazy and literally ANYTHING could happen if he's involved.

But those graphics are underwhelming.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
That Teaser's graphics are what seriously makes me question this whole thing.. in a negative way.
Look at P.T., zoom on textures in that game. It's graphical/artistic perfection.

I'll still be TeamReal till proven otherwise, but just because:

- Two insiders heard it's indeed all real.
- Lots of rumors of Silent Hills made by Kojima before this happened.
- Konami's silence on this when asked directly, with their known history of shutting down rumors immediately.
- Kojima is crazy and literally ANYTHING could happen if he's involved.

But those graphics are underwhelming.
PT had a waxxy look up close to hide the graphical imperfections. Abandoned will look better.

Fushitsusha

Banned
I see people keep saying that Sony should come out and say something, etc, etc.

Let’s not forget that this is the same Sony that tweeted out “welcome to the Sony family blue point”, deleted the tweet, and never acknowledged that either.

if this is something Sony’s behind, we’ll find out in due time. If it’s not, we’ll find that out too.

After all, both Hideo Kojima and Silent Hills both have one H, two Is, and one E. If that doesn’t convince you this is a new Silent Hill, well, I don’t know what else will convince you.
Yeah, without that error if you say that Sony bought Bluepoint many would call you an idiot right now for believing it like this thread, when it's known to be pretty much true.

Last edited:

onesvenus

As many people above already pointed out.. Compare the quality of this output against the asset flippin' on-rails-connect-the-dots-gamelogic amature output from yesterdays past. This small clip is on a whole other level, involving real CPU and GPU code to pull it off in this way. Looking back at this shell studio's past endevours, it's quite an acheivement. Probably too much so.
The point here is that many of you doesn't even seem to have your facts straight, just posting your mind without thinking first. As Pet Shop Boys would have said; It's a sin.

As someone who has spent a good deal of time working professionally on computer graphics I have to ask what you find so impressive.
Judging animations and texture and lighting quality from a 5 seconds clip is crazy. Saying that it's AAA quality is even crazier.

But to answer how has he done this, Epic has been providing really nice tools and assets with their engine, having access to those is invaluable to indie devs

gmilh

Neo Member
I'm not sure if you can actually buy shade code? But to make textures transform in a specific maner you'll need quality code. I'll give it that this was a rather static animation, but within that animation is more work than just point & click to buy.
Hi there, UE4 developer with 5 years of experience here... might I ask what the hell you’re talking about mate?

Do you think you need to write shaders from scratch to render a mesh in a modern engine?
Lol, have you even used an engine? Unreal comes with a default shader class, you can literally drag and drop your textures, drop them into a default material, and apply them to your mesh and bam rendered in engine. Heck UE4 even automatically does that for you when you import a new mesh with textures pre applied in the modelling software, you only gotta fix them up in case you have textures woth transparency like hair textures since it makes all material opaque by default (opaque means no transparency channel because a shader with transparency is more expensive so you want to limit their number).

So please help me understand what are you talking about, because maybe I don’t have the keen eye of an artist, but when I look at that teaser I really don’t see anything more complex than a default material with textures applied.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
As someone who has spent a good deal of time working professionally on computer graphics I have to ask what you find so impressive.
Judging animations and texture and lighting quality from a 5 seconds clip is crazy. Saying that it's AAA quality is even crazier.

But to answer how has he done this, Epic has been providing really nice tools and assets with their engine, having access to those is invaluable to indie devs
Because streaming in mega textures is impressive tech.

Top Bottom