• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't ask.
serious black and white GIF

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I called and got the message, and then signed up for the updates. Seems all of it is connected to Death Stranding, but if I get a call from a "person" making an unauthorized call and freaking out about being abandoned in a scary place or some shit, then I'd be a believer. Or an angry call from Hasan saying he doesn't like what you've been saying. Hahaha. Oh shit, I'm falling down the rabbit hole already.

ParaSeoul

I called and got the message, and then signed up for the updates. Seems all of it is connected to Death Stranding, but if I get a call from a "person" making an unauthorized call and freaking out about being abandoned in a scary place or some shit, then I'd be a believer. Or an angry call from Hasan saying he doesn't like what you've been saying. Hahaha. Oh shit, I'm falling down the rabbit hole already.
A lot of effort for a 2 year old game

So is Death Stranding: DC the star of the show for ONL? It’s weird that this Director’s Cut seems to be the main attraction of the event.
It is. I mean, it’s a PS5 version of a Sony exclusive, it’s not super weird, sort of like Ghost of Tsushima directors cut. There was loads of publicity for that.

I’m sure there will be more stuff, though.

Just no Hasan

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I believe the highlight of ONL last year was extended gameplay of Ratchet and Clank, a Sony exclusive we knew was coming.

So, it's hardly "weird" of Death Stranding DC is the star of the show; of course it's also just a DLC basically.. but there isn't a whole lot exciting coming out this year lol

Are they teasing it hard because of some secret announcement from Kojima? Possibly; but quite possible they aren't. Look at all the ONL hype that is happening; Geoff is a hype man.

A lot of effort for a 2 year old game
What immense effort to sign up and get a phone number and then record a message for when you don’t answer, and then sign up for an automated text service. Truly the lengths that Kojima will go are astounding.

Surely it must be in the tens of dollars and possibly even a few days of work.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

$25 Floor:

It's a 3D model not just a texture; hence why people thought there were shaders involved.

But clearly the same; it actually randomizes some of it's features too, hence why it's not exact.

Last edited:
$25 Floor:

It's a 3D model not just a texture; hence why people thought there were shaders involved.

But clearly the same; it actually randomizes some of it's features too, hence why it's not exact.

25 bucks for infinite detail real time streaming cutting edge 8K tech is just a good deal. You can’t knock a deal like that. Someone surely is financing Hasan to be able to cough up twenty five big ones.

how much did they pay for Norman Reedus’s legs and ass? Those feet don’t come free.

Last edited:

SaucyJack

I believe the highlight of ONL last year was extended gameplay of Ratchet and Clank, a Sony exclusive we knew was coming.

So, it's hardly "weird" of Death Stranding DC is the star of the show; of course it's also just a DLC basically.. but there isn't a whole lot exciting coming out this year lol

Are they teasing it hard because of some secret announcement from Kojima? Possibly; but quite possible they aren't. Look at all the ONL hype that is happening; Geoff is a hype man.

It is weird for this to be the “star of the show”. We're talking about the PS5 version of a PS4 game that didn’t exactly set the world alight.

But then again Geoff Keighley will shamelessly hype just about anything.

IntentionalPun

It is weird for this to be the “star of the show”. We're talking about the PS5 version of a PS4 game that didn’t exactly set the world alight.

But then again Geoff Keighley will shamelessly hype just about anything.
Kojima is his friend as well though; and he's now an independent studio... which makes it way less weird they'd be trying to hype his game he's about to be selling that his studio depends on for revenue.

There's also just a ton of attention on Kojima right now.. so utilizing that to hype the show, when eyes on the show is exactly how Geoff makes money, isn't weird.

And honestly an announcement for a game that isn't coming out anytime soon overshadowing DC would be a bit weird for Kojima, who is no longer an employee of a big corp.

Last edited:
Kojima is his friend as well though; and he's now an independent studio... which makes it way less weird they'd be trying to hype his game he's about to be selling that his studio depends on for revenue.

There's also just a ton of attention on Kojima right now.. so utilizing that to hype the show, when eyes on the show is exactly how Geoff makes money, isn't weird.

And honestly an announcement for a game that isn't coming out anytime soon overshadowing DC would be a bit weird for Kojima, who is no longer an employee of a big corp.
Yeah, there’s nothing weird about putting out hype and trailers for a game that is out in a month. They want it to sell on ps5.

JimRyanGOAT

Breaking news

Wood looks similar to wood

The number of times I've seen people find Hassans "assets"

First, it was the eye patch guy, which was debunked. Then a guy wearing a jacket and shoes was the same guy we see in the teaser. Now they claim they found the wood Hassan uses, like wtf HAHAHA

Next, they'll find a table and claim it looks similar to the table seen in the blurry background image...

Breaking news, tables look like tables, wood looks like wood, and clothes looks like clothes

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

Its also funny, cause team fake calls this whole thing bullshit, yet they spend hours scouring asset stores trying to find the wood Hassan uses to shove it into team reals face

Like huh??? It's wood mother fucker, of course, it's going to look like the wood seen in Hassan's teaser.

Last edited:
Breaking news

Wood looks similar to wood

The number of times I've seen people find Hassans "assets"

First, it was the eye patch guy, which was debunked. Then a guy wearing a jacket and shoes was the same guy we see in the teaser. Now they claim they found the wood Hassan uses, like wtf HAHAHA

Next, they'll find a table and claim it looks similar to the table seen in the blurry background image...

Breaking news, tables look like tables, wood looks like wood, and clothes looks like clothes
You can’t fake the greatest 8K infinite detail textures and models ever made. There’s just no mistaking them when they’re this good. They’re one of a kind.

Its also funny, cause team fake calls this whole thing bullshit, yet they spend hours scouring asset stores trying to find the wood Hassan uses to shove it into team reals face

Like huh??? It's wood mother fucker, of course, it's going to look like the wood seen in Hassan's teaser.
Yes, that is also funny!
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

IntentionalPun

Its not tho

It's literally impossible to claim thats 100 percent the same wood

I could probably find another 15 wooden tiles that look like what we see in the teaser

Well you can definitely prove multiple boards have the exact same patterns on them.

So.. either it's the same asset, or an asset that stole from another asset.. clearly not some original work by Hasan.

JimRyanGOAT

Well you can definitely prove multiple boards have the exact same patterns on them.

So.. either it's the same asset, or an asset that stole from another asset.. clearly not some original work by Hasan.

Nope, there are moonlike craters seen in Hassans teaser that are nowhere to be seen in the wood you linked. Plus you see the wood is degraded in Hassans teaser, all you see in what you linked is tiny scratches on the surface.

GdKQe3p.png

Last edited:
Nope, there are moonlike craters seen in Hassans teaser that are nowhere to be seen in the wood you linked. Plus you see the wood is degraded in Hassans teaser, all you see in what you linked is scratches

GdKQe3p.png
If you actually looked at the Reddit link, one of the the ones you’ve circled is highlighted and compared in a zoom to the asset.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

If you look at the Reddit link, the one you’ve circled is actually highlighted and compared in a zoom to the asset.

That reddit link is comparing a scratch to an actual deep cut in the wood

completely wrong

In the teaser, there an actuall deep cut in the wood, the Reddit link just takes a surface level jizz stain or scratch and says that the same when its cleary not lol

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

That reddit link is comparing a scratch to an actual deep cut in the wood

completely wrong

In the teaser, there an actuall deep cut in the wood, the Reddit link just takes a surface level jizz stain or scratch and says that the same when its cleary not lol

They look deeper depending on lighting.

The asset page has examples of that.. I mean, so does Hasan's teaser too.

Top Bottom