• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8BiTw0LF

Banned
My guess is, Kojima teases Silent Hills on wednesday and shortly after, the Abandoned app is removed from PS store and we will never hear from Hasan again.
$250K for 4 months of highly effective marketing, done by Hasan (and unknown team) - and Kojima have outdone all his past ARG's - unnoticed.
People will talk about it for years to come - and this thread will live forever!

Chris Hemsworth Yes GIF

The sentence in the tweet from Geoff „don’t miss this moment“ sounds suspicious, but hey perhaps it’s just Geoff hyping this thing up more than it is. I mean come on, the so called „hype trailer“ did not do anything for me and am actually less hyped than before, because there is so much in it (not to say all of it) that I am not interested in.

MCermak

About to bail out on this. There's every reason to believe this is just some indie dev/compulsive liar with a platform. But if Kojima emerges at Gamescom it'll all have been worth it.

Not gonna happen tho.

If team fake is right, I would urge the Netherlands authorities to do an investigation on Blue Box Games. Because there is no way they legally were able to survive 6 years with minimal outcome and even were able to grow for this project and collect from somewhere around 250,000 Euro. Like team fake says they probably survive via the money they get from the government, but the government is surely not do stupid to pay them money for 6 years for failure after failure.

ParaSeoul

My guess is, Kojima teases Silent Hills on wednesday and shortly after, the Abandoned app is removed from PS store and we will never hear from Hasan again.
$250K for 4 months of highly effective marketing, done by Hasan (and unknown team) - and Kojima have outdone all his past ARG's - unnoticed.
The Abandoned app gets an update for the real name

Why you guys think anyone else should be saying anything about Abandoned is beyond me. They shouldnt, and they aren't going to.
Look we are already past the point where the silence from Sony will lead to a serious damage of Sony's reputation, if it turns out really just to be an indie who is clearly lying.
So they have any possible motivation to say something to stop this, but they don't. Sony knows very well how wild the thing has already become, proven by Shu's suspicious tweets.

But okay let's say Sony is stupid and stay silent, why in the world should Kojima-san stay silent?
Regardless of what he tweets, half of the responses in these tweets refer to either Abandoned or even address him as Hasan. Imagine you are in his position, you have a reputation of a world famous and respected game designer, would you be okay, if many people call you by the name of a obvious fraud on the internet? Surely you would also get tired and at least make one simple tweet, that you are not related to them, but instead Kojima says nothing. Quite the opposite, he makes tweets where he even sparks the flames. Do you think Kojima is so stupid to not realize how some of his tweets could be connected to Silent Hill?

So it is not team real, but you who are delusional and probably don't want it to be true, becasue you dream of your exclusive Kojima Xbox game...

Look we are already past the point where the silence from Sony will lead to a serious damage of Sony's reputation, if it turns out really just to be an indie who is clearly lying.
This is not going to do anything to Sony's reputation. No one will care. I mean, Team Real might, but no one else. The rest of the world that plays video games, right now, either 1) doesn't care 2) doesn't know 3) already thinks it's a junk indie, and they don't blame Sony, or anyone else. Because it doesn't matter at all.

ParaSeoul

Its one monitor,he doesn't have the program on full screen but its interesting his wallpaper seems to just be a blank blue screen.

Just noticed the caption on that tweet,"Waiting for game material. I have to mix. Is the final trailer I'm in charge of completed around the weekend?"

Tomorrow morning here in Japan is the last morning before ONL. The actual event is in the early morning in Japan, so I wonder if his morning tweet will hint more obvious at something.

Top Bottom