• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Let’s break down the reasons to be on each team, I quite possibly am missing some more on Team Real’s side.

Team Real:
-Sony/Shu have never acknowledged them as indie
-The game is being developed by 7 support studios
-Someone is paying them to make a game that is PS5 exclusive, if it were a general indie it would at least go on PS4 as well
-The BlueBox team has never been seen
-Hasan has only been seen under controlled conditions (black/white backgrounds)
-There have been numerous interviews, each not asking the real questions and instead coming away with basically nothing
-Geoff is a bad liar, and knows what’s going on as we saw in his first response
-Jason S and others said Kojima was involved at first and then were given interviews, as mentioned above which somehow changed their minds despite the lack of results from said interview
-No interviewer has seen Hasan
-This has been done before by Kojima but to a lesser extent
-There have been a bajillion coincidences that go unanswered/ hand-waved from BlueBox and Kojima
-Konami have only encouraged the rumours
-Kojima has been working on an unannounced horror title the past few years which has been proven to not be related to the Stadia rumour
-The app, which is an app (it has the icon distinguishing so) is unusual and was allowed by Sony even though it was also said the original PS Blog content was fake
-Languages, how many indies bother with translations, let alone that many? 0
-This thread and many others on the internet are followed daily by thousands of people which should be proof in of itself that this is far bigger than any indie or AA dev

Team Fake:
-Not much shown yet
-Thoughts/Feelings
give me a break... These are all just interferes. almost no facts.
your team real points, almost all can count to team fake just as well lol.
-Since when shu acknowledges every damn indie game
-7 studios my ass. Hasan can count asset store creator as another studio from which he bought tree model. Speed tree as another etc. You got money, You can have 17 studios. Or he is lying
-It also on pc
-Bluebox team has never been seen. True. That can be said for many teams where only ceo or director is on twitter
-Controlled conditions? Black/white? what ?! Just a wall
-Interviews are interviews. He only told them what he wanted
-Geoff is a great liar. A fantastic one. Think about it - He knows everything that's happening.
-Jason S is a clown
-I've seen Hasan on twitter
-Yes. Kojima did this before... why would hebother with that shit again at the age of 58.
-Coincidences my ass. TeamReal looking for what they want to see
-Konami don't make AAA games. As long as he is not making his own silent hill, they have no reason to do anything
-Kojima indeed is working on a horror title and probably another thing as well.
-App is weird but not first time. Village had similar app. There are terrible or not working games on psn too
-yeah weird he used so many languages
-I follow this thread because it's interesting

bitbydeath

Gold Member
give me a break... These are all just interferes. almost no facts.
your team real points, almost all can count to team fake just as well lol.
-Since when shu acknowledges every damn indie game
-7 studios my ass. Hasan can count asset store creator as another studio from which he bought tree model. Speed tree as another etc. You got money, You can have 17 studios. Or he is lying
-It also on pc
-Bluebox team has never been seen. True. That can be said for many teams where only ceo or director is on twitter
-Controlled conditions? Black/white? what ?! Just a wall
-Interviews are interviews. He only told them what he wanted
-Geoff is a great liar. A fantastic one. Think about it - He knows everything that's happening.
-Jason S is a clown
-I've seen Hasan on twitter
-Yes. Kojima did this before... why would hebother with that shit again at the age of 58.
-Coincidences my ass. TeamReal looking for what they want to see
-Konami don't make AAA games. As long as he is not making his own silent hill, they have no reason to do anything
-Kojima indeed is working on a horror title and probably another thing as well.
-App is weird but not first time. Village had similar app. There are terrible or not working games on psn too
-yeah weird he used so many languages
-I follow this thread because it's interesting
- Since it’s his job, you’d have a harder time finding indie games he doesn’t acknowledge/promote
-Basic hand-wave manoeuvre, which equals you have no idea how to explain
-But not PS4, don’t ignore that
-Have others been asked to be seen? That is the difference
-Just a wall hiding his surroundings
-See interview recap above
-Geoff does see everything, which is why he couldn’t keep a straight face when asked about Kojima’s involvement
-Agreed
-That could be anyone
-Because he found a way to make it bigger and better
-TeamFake hand waving
-You say this but I’m sure you’ve seen many other companies debunk rumours before
-Agreed
-First time as an app, RE game demos don’t count, check the icon
-It is weird for an indie, not so much a AAA
-Agreed

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
How many other indies get this level of attention?
You have to be fucking kidding me dude..lol

bitbydeath said:
-This thread and many others on the internet are followed daily by thousands of people which should be proof in of itself that this is far bigger than any indie or AA dev

How many indies spawn conspiracy theory subreddits?

Other than the interview from a NL based web site none of us had heard of, of someone who is an NL based indie dev.. everything else happened after the internet invented a conspiracy theory, making it a hot story.

There's nothing "weird" about people in media attaching themselves to a viral story.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You have to be fucking kidding me dude..lol

How many indies spawn conspiracy theory subreddits?

Other than the interview from a NL based web site none of us had heard of, of someone who is an NL based indie dev.. everything else happened after the internet invented a conspiracy theory, making it a hot story.

There's nothing "weird" about people in media attaching themselves to a viral story.
The responses they come away with is weird, like they have no control whatsoever during the interview.
Eg

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Team Fake think they’re winning but their general response to everything is-

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Kdad

Like 50, total, using google translate. Truly astronomical effort. No indie could possibly take the hour of effort to accomplish such a task.
Translated for Hasan...took 28 seconds

Toplam 50 gibi, google translate kullanarak. Gerçekten astronomik bir çaba. Hiçbir indie böyle bir görevi başarmak için saatlerce çaba harcayamaz.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
- Since it’s his job, you’d have a harder time finding indie games he doesn’t acknowledge/promote
-Basic hand-wave manoeuvre, which equals you have no idea how to explain
-But not PS4, don’t ignore that
-Have others been asked to be seen? That is the difference
-Just a wall hiding his surroundings
-See interview recap above
-Geoff does see everything, which is why he couldn’t keep a straight face when asked about Kojima’s involvement
-Agreed
-That could be anyone
-Because he found a way to make it bigger and better
-TeamFake hand waving
-You say this but I’m sure you’ve seen many other companies debunk rumours before
-Agreed
-First time as an app, RE game demos don’t count, check the icon
-It is weird for an indie, not so much a AAA
-Agreed

robert downey jr handshake GIF

All the weirdness can be explained by Hasan being a lazy idiot that wants the attention/thinks hype and fame are a shortcut to success, and Kojima fans/gamers are absolutely insane, have no chill, and are unable to use logic.

when I was a teen, I actually contacted a very famous game programmer with what probably read like a somewhat professional outline of what I was doing/what I wanted to do, and he responded with encouragement and intent to help. I then contacted the head of a famous board/RPG company and had them interested off the back of this, and then I contacted an amazing musician/film and video director and asked them to be involved.
it went nowhere because I was an idiot kid with my friend thinking dreams > work, but in this modern internet age, I could have been Hasan 1.0.

Last edited:

baphomet

and their take is ….. ?

it's not related to anything, least of all Kojima. It all seems like a big troll. Kojima wouldn't be using babies first hints like a blurred image of Snake. Shu not tweeting about it means nothing.

Richard said it was weird an app that didn't do anything would be allowed in the store, but was quickly corrected that this isn't the first to do so. it was also pointed out that it did update to do something, and was still nothing.

So like has been said since the beginning, it's nothing.

I mean there are multiple things which team fake is still unable to explain.

1. What is Hasans goal? At this point he is not asking for any money and if he go dark now and never release the game, what was the purpose of all that expect to burn some money.

2. Where does Hasan have the money for Nuare from and how did the studio survive for 6 whole years. Team Fake can say what they want but there is no way the government continue to pay for 6 years without any significant output. If they still get paid by the government I will also move to the Netherlands, make a 1 man studio and live there for multiple years without the need to work.

3 Why is Sony and Kojima silent? How many times did I Heard- the argument that they just don’t care, but they would care because they would habe realized by now that he is a drauf and would try to distance themselves from him. And yes, Kojima has no issue that he is compared with a fraud everyday on Twitter.

4. Why does Nuare give him the VIP treatment, where the boss extra make a video for him. If they go through so much trouble, Hasan must pay them really well.

5. Why could none of the people or outlets who spoke hi Hasan give any clear answers. Also no aspiring video game developer is stupid enough to let Geoff wait.

6. How did he mention to have the patch ready simultaneously around the world. I don’t think it’s so easy to just ask Sony to do so.

7. Why is Hasan mainly communicating according to Japan day time.

I could go on but there is just now way these are all coincidences.

baphomet

I mean there are multiple things which team fake is still unable to explain.

1. What is Hasans goal? At this point he is not asking for any money and if he go dark now and never release the game, what was the purpose of all that expect to burn some money.

2. Where does Hasan have the money for Nuare from and how did the studio survive for 6 whole years. Team Fake can say what they want but there is no way the government continue to pay for 6 years without any significant output. If they still get paid by the government I will also move to the Netherlands, make a 1 man studio and live there for multiple years without the need to work.

3 Why is Sony and Kojima silent? How many times did I Heard- the argument that they just don’t care, but they would care because they would habe realized by now that he is a drauf and would try to distance themselves from him. And yes, Kojima has no issue that he is compared with a fraud everyday on Twitter.

4. Why does Nuare give him the VIP treatment, where the boss extra make a video for him. If they go through so much trouble, Hasan must pay them really well.

5. Why could none of the people or outlets who spoke hi Hasan give any clear answers. Also no aspiring video game developer is stupid enough to let Geoff wait.

6. How did he mention to have the patch ready simultaneously around the world. I don’t think it’s so easy to just ask Sony to do so.

7. Why is Hasan mainly communicating according to Japan day time.

I could go on but there is just now way these are all coincidences.
1. He eventually plans to have something to sell. Going from his track record it likely won't ever amount to anything more than this app.

2. You seems to think this stuff costs more than it actually does. It's just him as far as BlueBox goes. He probably paid Nuare to model him a few characters since that's something he wouldn't be able to buy premade. So a couple grand there. He's likely still getting grants for making a game in the Netherlands.

3. Again, neither of them give any fucks about this. It's so far beneath either of them. Expecting either to comment about nothing, made by a no one is ridiculous.

4. He likely paid them to make a "promotional" video. Again, couple hundred bucks? Less than a grand for sure.

5. There's plenty of clear answers that you're just ignoring. NOT SILENT HILL, NOT KOJIMA, INDIE DEV, OVER HIS HEAD, etc.

6. Because he's a fucking idiot. He hadn't even submitted the patch when he said it would be available. He's completely unable to keep up with the most basic things related to this "game".

7. He's not. This is one of the dumber "coincidences". He posts when he posts. You could say he's posting United States evening just the same. It literally means nothing.

MCermak

1. He eventually plans to have something to sell. Going from his track record it likely won't ever amount to anything more than this app.

2. You seems to think this stuff costs more than it actually does. It's just him as far as BlueBox goes. He probably paid Nuare to model him a few characters since that's something he wouldn't be able to buy premade. So a couple grand there. He's likely still getting grants for making a game in the Netherlands.

3. Again, neither of them give any fucks about this. It's so far beneath either of them. Expecting either to comment about nothing, made by a no one is ridiculous.

4. He likely paid them to make a "promotional" video. Again, couple hundred bucks? Less than a grand for sure.

5. There's plenty of clear answers that you're just ignoring. NOT SILENT HILL, NOT KOJIMA, INDIE DEV, OVER HIS HEAD, etc.

6. Because he's a fucking idiot. He hadn't even submitted the patch when he said it would be available. He's completely unable to keep up with the most basic things related to this "game".

7. He's not. This is one of the dumber "coincidences". He posts when he posts. You could say he's posting United States evening just the same. It literally means nothing.

I think you're right and this is just a guy (no team) who compulsively lied his way to this moment.

But the Nuare thing is bizarre, I don't care how you cut it. There seems to be some evidence that he's using store-bought assets for everything else, why not character models? From what David Jaffe said, Nuare doesn't come cheap. Meanwhile, he got them posting a little blue box emoji randomly, they delete all of their follows except for 10 (including Blue Box and Kojima), and they create that weird video? And despite their supposed partnership, it doesn't seem like Hasan has shown anything resembling Nuare-related work.

Why would they do any of this, or lift a finger for "less than a grand"? That just doesn't make ANY sense. There has to be some serious money exchanging hands, or some other explanation there.

1. If it does not amount to more than this app, that means no money for him, because the app does not cost anything.

2. do you think he still habe a regular Job to pay for his daily live, you really can’t just believe that the government was stupid enough to pay hike the whole 6 years enough to have a good life? I am sure there are enough serous Gand developers the Netherlands and they surely don’t habe unlimited funds to support all of them. If you should end up being right, I would expect that there is a surge of game developing studios after this because people recognize then that if they push out a game every 3 years which takes a solid developer perhaps maximal 1 week to make, you can have a good life there.

3. Sony is not stupid enough to not realize that we are at a point where it hurts their reputation, because people will think „hey Sony gave them a blog post and is promoting their app in the store so this must be a serious developer.
At the same time Kojima knows also exactly what is happening since every tweet he does get multiple replies about Abandoned or Hasan. If you would be a respected game developer I am sure you would give a fuck if people basically compare you to him and say you are him. If you get replies like this it’s basically the same as teeing you „Hey xpu big motherfucking fraud, how are you today“?
Also Konami used to comment and deny rumors very quickly in the past, however this time they don’t.

4. Lol, at a company who are working together with the best triple A studios around the world, a few hundred bucks get you maximal a small tweet from Nuare but not a video from the boss there.

5. That is not an answer why most of the people who spoke with him seem confused themselves afterwards.

6. And still he mentioned to get the patch out finally simultaneously around the world. That’s not an easy task to archive because normally patches don’t have a worldwide simultaneous release until a big publisher is behind them.

7. it’s not a dumb coincidence if it happens all the time. So you think he basically works mainly through the whole night?

Last edited:
And for people who think nothing has been delayed, we know that 2 things got delayed unless they are announced really soon since the summer is soon over.

1. Somy teases that they will share more about God of War Ragnarok in late summer. That didn’t happen yet so there is surely some kind of Sony event coming.

2. Akira Yamaoka said in an interview that the game „everyone is hoping to hear about“ will be announced summer. This also didn’t happen yet. Especially considering this, the dream is alive until this project gets announced.

Me twicw

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

My opinion after follow this thread and the whole case for weeks,

Of course it,s something big. Kojima involved and Silent Hills related.
In the last days I can see a feeling like teamreal are innocent people and so. To me is the opposite. How people can think that this weird bunch of events could be an unknown indie studio? Also while Sony and Kojima are quiet all the time??
That blurry image on the and of the teaser is a so obvious wink at PT. The whole mood of the teaser is Sillent Hills.
Hassan doesn,t exist. I work on video and thats not a real man. Maybe a CGI...maybe a mix of techniques. The expressivity of his face is weird. The controled situations, his answers in social media... Everything if fake and a big trolling.
No answer is gonna appear til the next Sony event. Also that,s suspicious that Sony hasn't made and event. It's all the same, the app and the event.

I,m going to accept that it,s a weird bet of marketing. If they are going to present Metal Gear and Silent Hill , they could get the attention of the people without this strange game of making people get hyped and then frustrated.

But yeah there is not a date or event like Gamescon or so that we have to wait for. Just the Sony Event.

So don,t be so innocent team fake.

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Referencing Abandoned! Norman Reedus has just stated Death Stranding 2 is in talks, so who is Kojima trying to impress? - Konami!
He wants the offer, to finish his Silent Hills!
And no better way to do it, than to show Konami, how much hype a tiny "satellite" studio in the Netherlands can create.

The deal is almost sealed guys! Jeff Grubb's wet dream, of a Kojima xcloud game is not gonna happen!

Happy or not, it’s obvious Kojima made it.
Before people were saying he will release another shorter one later, it’s not happening.
I’m gonna just ask here: what exactly about a guy walking across a floor, everything in the scene being free to use or cheap assets from online stores, struck you as stylistically something Kojima would do? What were the aesthetic markers that really said, “this is Kojima through and through?”

Which parts of it really said this could only be Kojima, and not a guy spending a few hours in the Unreal engine? The static camera? The free to use music? The asset store assets? Putting “captured on PS5” directly in-engine because he doesn’t know how to use or have video editing software?

here Kojima is talking about influence and style in filmmaking, photography, and editing.
What style was shown in that amateur teaser?

its a single, static shot. What exactly needed weeks of time to edit and work on for 4 seconds of a guy walking?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I’m gonna just ask here: what exactly about a guy walking across a floor, everything in the scene being free to use or cheap assets from online stores, struck you as stylistically something Kojima would do? What were the aesthetic markers that really said, “this is Kojima through and through?”

Which parts of it really said this could only be Kojima, and not a guy spending a few hours in the Unreal engine? The static camera? The free to use music? The asset store assets? Putting “captured on PS5” directly in-engine because he doesn’t know how to use or have video editing software?

here Kojima is talking about influence and style in filmmaking, photography, and editing.

its a single, static shot. What exactly needed weeks of time to edit and work on for 4 seconds of a guy walking?

You’re not looking at all the moving parts.
They said they were going to release a teaser and gave a teaser of the brief 10 second teaser on Twitter in anticipation of the teaser.

The teaser was of course delayed and then they trolled everyone with the 10 second teaser upon its actual release.

That has Kojima written all over it, I’m surprised many missed it.

Back to the point though, Kojima admitted to making the shortest trailer ever and it wasn’t the 8min one.

Team Fake now have to decide if he was telling the truth or if they think he’s a liar.

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky

Weird how one minute it’s a streaming demo with tech no one else can do And then it’s a video edited in Premiere.

Top Bottom