• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What if by shortest trailer Kojima just meant the ~40 seconds (the beginning) of the Death Stranding Director's Cut trailer?
After that there is just gameplay with the new stuff which goes into detail and showcases it.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

2CE3stZ.jpg

DarthPutin

Kojima promised to release his trailer in September. We haven't seen it yet.
I think he meant HIS shortest trailer, btw. His trailers are usually ginormous. He can't speak for all the trailers ever released.
Hasan's thing wasn't a trailer anyway, I don't think? A teaser of sorts.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
Oh man and Team Fake again just say the timing of the tweets is just another coincidence… I cannot wait until it is finally revealed and then you can tweet Phil Spencer and complain why the rumored deal is not real…
Team fake's argument is ''That's just a coincidence'' Lol, literally Shuhei Yoshida still has Abandoned's app downloaded on his PS5 through the images he shared (it's not a scam lmao).

Kojima topped himself this time making people think this is an actual indie studio which promises things and doesn't stick by it compared to Moby Dick Studios and 7780's.

Heck, BB being located in Leiden and Kahraman translating to ''Hideo'' and Hasan's twitter banner translating to ''Kojima'' is enough evidence lol....Kojima said in his latest geoff interview that he's taking things different this time, step at a time...he's playing the long game and it's making people actually think this is an indie studio with the delayed teaser lmao.

Remember Ocelot's quote from MGSV?:
"Once you create a character and put it out there in the
public mind, it warps and twists with every baseless rumor. And before
you know it all people see are phantoms. In my case it works out just
fine. I’m plenty used to working under aliases.”

His motto is literally ''Betray your audience''

Last edited:
You’re not looking at all the moving parts.
They said they were going to release a teaser and gave a teaser of the brief 10 second teaser on Twitter in anticipation of the teaser.

The teaser was of course delayed and then they trolled everyone with the 10 second teaser upon its actual release.

That has Kojima written all over it, I’m surprised many missed it.

Back to the point though, Kojima admitted to making the shortest trailer ever and it wasn’t the 8min one.

Team Fake now have to decide if he was telling the truth or if they think he’s a liar.
Your opinion before was this was showing off graphics that could never be done before, the greatest graphics / 8k textures /possibly the game will have greatest graphics ever.
Your opinion now is that it was a Kojima troll job.
Why the opinion change?
The easy answers to kojima saying it was the shortest trailer ever - Kojima was making a joke, and possibly also forgot to put in possibly the shortest trailer he ever made, as he always makes long trailers.

trikster40

I think an important thing of note is this: the PS5 only has room for 8-10 thumbnails on your game screen, yet Abandoned is always showing up on Shuhei’s.

That means that he’s in it. Constantly. If he hasn’t opened it since the teaser launch, it wouldn’t be shown anymore unless he hasn’t installed any new games. And we all know he does.

It’s not just that he’s got the app installed; it’s the fact that it’s always on his Home Screen.

Last edited:
I think an important thing of note is this: the PS5 only has room for 8-10 thumbnails on your game screen, yet Abandoned is always showing up on Shuhei’s.

That means that he’s in it. Constantly. If he hasn’t opened it since the teaser launch, it wouldn’t be shown anymore unless he hasn’t installed any new games. And we all know he does.

It’s not just that he’s got the app installed; it’s the fact that it’s always on his Home Screen.
Lol. Constantly in an app that has a 4 second trailer. Doing what? Sure he is.

last time he posted his ps5 it showed a few games ahead of it, and Tsushima just installed. Just tells me he’s not playing a ton of games, hadn't used his ps5 a load.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Your opinion before was this was showing off graphics that could never be done before, the greatest graphics / 8k textures /possibly the game will have greatest graphics ever.
Your opinion now is that it was a Kojima troll job.
Why the opinion change?
The easy answers to kojima saying it was the shortest trailer ever - Kojima was making a joke, and possibly also forgot to put in possibly the shortest trailer he ever made, as he always makes long trailers.

The graphics are still undeniably impressive. The troll part was releasing the same teaser twice. Also he’s made trailers shorter than 8 mins before.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Not necessarily. I believe the thumbnails are displayed in order of most recent played, from left to right.

Shu’s latest tweet of his PS5 homepage showed About 4 thumbnails to the left of Abandoned: Hades, Genshin Impact, Arashi, Axiom Verge 2. If Shu had been sticking to those 4 games only, then Abandoned would never move from the 5’th slot.

It so obviously fake, that #teamreal has to be a meme. Do you think Kojima would pick this looser with an history of reveling the same game over the last 10 years only to cancel after showing no footage whatsoever to reveal anything? eems... laughable.

trikster40

Lol. Constantly in an app that has a 4 second trailer. Doing what? Sure he is.

last time he posted his ps5 it showed a few games ahead of it, and Tsushima just installed. Just tells me he’s not playing a ton of games, hadn't used his ps5 a load.
You sure about that? Have you played any of the games he has? And Abandoned is 5th on the list, and way after Abandoned app launched. And no GoT in sight.The man plays way more than you think:

Not necessarily. I believe the thumbnails are displayed in order of most recent played, from left to right.

Shu’s latest tweet of his PS5 homepage showed About 4 thumbnails to the left of Abandoned: Hades, Genshin Impact, Arashi, Axiom Verge 2. If Shu had been sticking to those 4 games only, then Abandoned would never move from the 5’th slot.

But in a tweet after the teaser but before his GoT tweet ( I think it was his Hades yeet) there was 1-2 others ahead of Abandoned but then were after in the GoT tweet which means he was in Abandoned after Hades was released.

EruditeHobo

I just seriously hope that Team fake do not have any job where some investigation is required. I mean there are like 1 million unanswered questions about the whole thing and you just want to close the case.

Your position is far, far worse than that... you've come to a grandiose, largely invented conclusion based on hugely poor/specious "evidence".

I mean there are multiple things which team fake is still unable to explain...

Being unable to thoroughly explain a handful of things for which the answer very well may be "just because" doesn't point to anything larger, it doesn't give weight to any other grander theory. That is the opposite of how logic and reason work.

I am open to this connection being valid, and this being a big marketing headfake... but that kind of leap requires actually decent evidence. All this speculative shit doesn't cut it in that regard. It's not reasonable to believe this theory.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
It so obviously fake, that #teamreal has to be a meme. Do you think Kojima would pick this looser with an history of reveling the same game over the last 10 years only to cancel after showing no footage whatsoever to reveal anything? eems... laughable.

They honestly think Kojima has been working on this reveal since 2014.

DeepSpace5D

You sure about that? Have you played any of the games he has? And Abandoned is 5th on the list, and way after Abandoned app launched. And no GoT in sight.The man plays way more than you think:

But in a tweet after the teaser but before his GoT tweet ( I think it was his Hades yeet) there was 1-2 others ahead of Abandoned but then were after in the GoT tweet which means he was in Abandoned after Hades was released.

I see what you’re saying. In that case, yes if there were other games to the left of Abandoned that are now not there then that means he at least opened the Abandoned app since playing those ones.

That is not what I think. I think when Kojima burned his other fake studio with the MGS5 reveal, he was disappointed that the community knew so quickly because of a lack of history of this studio.
I think he started then directly work on his next fake studio, hence Blue Box Games was born.

However you make it seem, that what I am thinking is, that this was all in preparation for this reveal, however that is not what I am saying. He was making this studio for a future reveal, but he didn't knew at that time yet for which reveal, all he knew at that time was that he wanted to have a fake studio with some kind of history to make it less obvious in the future.

Last edited:
I mean team fake also have to admit that if he is just an indie and his goal was to get as much attention as possible, he created this whole thing perfectly. He even put some small teases in his first teaser (with the trees hiding PT for example). However from the video interviews, I must say, that he does not appear to be a marketing genius and have the ability to pull this off alone.

The guy had multiple projects before, but there was no marketing or anything which seems to indicate that he was trying to hyping these games. These games were so under the radar, that most people never heard of them.
So what changed that he suddenly wants to create hype around this project and is so good at it? If he suddenly realizes that he has to hype his games more, I would expect a little bit hype since he had no experience with it and yet, the first time he is trying to hype his game, it is such a huge success that all outlets and all influencers speak about this game.

Team fake also use as an argument that he is just an indie, because he used so obvious things like the starts with a S and ends with a L tweet, but from my perspective if it is really Kojima behind he got exactly the kind of response he was hoping for. If team fake is right and it is too obvious, then tell me why there are still more people thinking it is fake than real? Don't you think Kojima is clever enough to know, people will think it is too obvious and hence think it is not Kojima? Kojima is a genius and he also have this guy on board with experience in ARGs, so I am sure they know exactly what kind of effect their tweets will have.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Being created a year after Moby Dick was revealed as a fake studio shouldn’t be that strange, if anything it plays further into it being fake. Death Stranding couldn’t get that treatment as everything about it was public due to the studio move and engine hunt. Where as now, Kojima has something underwraps for years, it would be the perfect opportunity to do it again.

One question to team fake, when do you think the "Project everyone hopes to hear about" getting announced, which was teased by Akira Yamaoka?
He originally said it will get announced in summer, but we didn't heard about it yet and summer is soon over. Don't you think it could be related to the rumored Sony event, which is said to have been delayed multiple times already?

I mean we know that a Sony event is coming soon as it was already announced by Sony, when they said we will hear more about Horizon 2 and God of War Ragnarok in late summer? So I think the rumors of it being delayed seems reasonable. But at the same time thinking about the tease from Yamaoka-san, which also didn't happen at Gamescom, I think it would make sense that that will happen at the Sony event as well.

Okay, possibly he meant something else, but it can't be a new franchise, since noone knows about it yet, so noone hopes to hear about it. It is possible that it is another Silent Hill game, but I don't think he would say tat about a Silent Hill game by blooper team, because I am sure he knows from the internet, that this is something everyone hopes not to hear about.

That is not what I think. I think when Kojima burned his other fake studio with the MGS5 reveal, he was disappointed that the community knew so quickly because of a lack of history of this studio.
I think he started then directly work on his next fake studio, hence Blue Box Games was born.

However you make it seem, that what I am thinking is, that this was all in preparation for this reveal, however that is not what I am saying. He was making this studio for a future reveal, but he didn't knew at that time yet for which reveal, all he knew at that time was that he wanted to have a fake studio with some kind of history to make it less obvious in the future.

I'm still team real but even I don't belive that Kojima started BB as a future fake studio. Open a fake studio, work on fake games and take peoples money in kickstarters and not finish them, thats just ridiculous.

I can see him getting an existing indie to be the false face of a project so it already has an established history but thats the extent of it.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
What?

Is this for real?
Yes ,Hideo translated from Japanese to Turkish means "Kahraman"

Hasan changed his Twitter background to a picture of a small island. A small island in Japanese is called 小島. Translated to English it's Kojima.

And no, it's not a coincidence., stop lol.

Last edited:

Hollowbox

Neo Member

You nailed it, hell For anybody still “ Team Fake “ you should read this. Moby Dick Studios rollout was planned for over two years.

''Kojima explained that the bizarre, counterintuitive campaign for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, during which a non-Metal Gear version of the game was shown off by a fake studio at the Spike VGAs, was meant to get fans active on social media. "We wanted to do something to really energize the community." The campaign, which was conceived and planned with Geoff Keighley over two years''

Kojima's exactly the type of guy to plan things years forward, it's not a surprise lol.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
I mean team fake also have to admit that if he is just an indie and his goal was to get as much attention as possible, he created this whole thing perfectly. He even put some small teases in his first teaser (with the trees hiding PT for example). However from the video interviews, I must say, that he does not appear to be a marketing genius and have the ability to pull this off alone.

The guy had multiple projects before, but there was no marketing or anything which seems to indicate that he was trying to hyping these games. These games were so under the radar, that most people never heard of them.
So what changed that he suddenly wants to create hype around this project and is so good at it? If he suddenly realizes that he has to hype his games more, I would expect a little bit hype since he had no experience with it and yet, the first time he is trying to hype his game, it is such a huge success that all outlets and all influencers speak about this game.

Team fake also use as an argument that he is just an indie, because he used so obvious things like the starts with a S and ends with a L tweet, but from my perspective if it is really Kojima behind he got exactly the kind of response he was hoping for. If team fake is right and it is too obvious, then tell me why there are still more people thinking it is fake than real? Don't you think Kojima is clever enough to know, people will think it is too obvious and hence think it is not Kojima? Kojima is a genius and he also have this guy on board with experience in ARGs, so I am sure they know exactly what kind of effect their tweets will have.
If Kojima was to top himself with the Moby dick studios fiasco, this is exactly how he would do it with making it seem like a real indie studio with rushed/unfinished games just to give it history (it's literally located in leiden)

And it truly worked making people believe it's an actual indie studio lmao, with Shuhei Yoshida tweeting out ''Hmmmm'' and having it installed and people still calling this a scam.

Kojima was visiting Leiden in the Netherlands. Leiden is the next city to Amsterdam (Guerilla Games HQ) and Blue Box Game Studios is stated in Leiden. Couldn't it be possible that the idea for an "better" fake studio was born: a studio which leaves trails in the internet, like these broken games and the always dying idea of announcements which don't happen. Hasan is indeed a real person which task is to spread "false news" almost everywhere. His only task is to program raw stuff and let it fall one after another. This is all well planned. And he is doing that very good honestly.

Last edited:
Reedus basically let the cat out of the bag that Death Stranding 2 is in the works. Probably good to call time of death on this thread.
No, he said it’s under consideration, but do you seriously think they didn’t do anything since the release of Death Stranding?

Sure Death Stranding DC is coming, but everyone knows that only a skeleton crew worked on it, the same thing with DLC, only some people stay back for the easy money, while most of the team already moved on.

I think an argument for team real is also that Kojima is always pretending recently how busy he is with the DC trailer, but everyone knows that this only takes minimal time from him and he is working on the next big thing most of the time.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Team Real before Shu mentioned Abandoned: "Shu has mentioned literally 100% of all indies, every single one, but not Abandoned. This is proof Abandoned is not an indie. And no I can't remotely prove he's mentioned every single indie, but I swear he has!"

Team real after Shu mentioned Abandoned: "OMG Shu downloaded and ran the Abandoned Realtime Experience app.. this proves it's actually a Kojima game!"

Team Real before Shu mentioned Abandoned: "Shu has mentioned literally 100% of all indies, every single one, but not Abandoned. This is proof Abandoned is not an indie. And no I can't remotely prove he's mentioned every single indie, but I swear he has!"

Team real after Shu mentioned Abandoned: "OMG Shu downloaded and ran the Abandoned Realtime Experience app.. this proves it's actually a Kojima game!"

Man we are so smart

bitbydeath

Gold Member

He never actually mentioned/promoted it and he plays other AAA titles too if you look at the image.

Hollowbox

Neo Member

Stop trying to strawman argue out of this lol.

Shuhei Yoshida literally never mentioned Abandoned or what it is before someone asked him and he replied with the thinking emoji (why would he if the game is an indie and he knows what it is), so yes he in fact knows that there's something bigger to this than just an indie game., he literally never mentioned it since the conspiracy started on April 8.

Your comment probably the weakest argument I've ever seen on this thread lol.

IntentionalPun

Stop trying to strawman argue out of this lol.

Shuhei Yoshida literally never mentioned Abandoned or what it is before someone asked him and he replied with the thinking emoji (why would he if the game is an indie and he knows what it is), so yes he in fact knows that there's something bigger to this than just an indie game., he literally never mentioned it since the conspiracy started on April 8.

Your comment probably the weakest argument I've ever seen on this thread lol.

How in the world is this not mentioning Abandoned?

A huge chunk of his posts about games are just him posting an emoji, or "hmmm" (he uses this endlessly in weird contexts) and an image / retweet of something from the game.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
How in the world is this not mentioning Abandoned?

A huge chunk of his posts about games are just him posting an emoji, or "hmmm" (he uses this endlessly in weird contexts) and an image / retweet of something from the game.

That's the point lmao, how is that promoting an indie game?, that's literally being vague and cryptic because there's more to it than an indie game.

Why didn't he start promoting it from April 8?,...Exactly because it's bigger than just an indie game.

You'd have to be delusional to not realize that lol.

hyperbertha

lol I remember searching for any clues regarding kojima island in Hasan's online footprint, and now he's went and replaced his twitter banner with Kojima lol. This is 100 percent happening isn't it?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

That's the point lmao, how is that promoting an indie game?, that's literally being vague and cryptic because there's more to it than an indie game.

Why didn't he start promoting it from April 8?,...Exactly because it's bigger than just an indie game.

You'd have to be delusional to not realize that lol.
"He literally did not mention it."

Go fuck yourself.

IntentionalPun

Actually I said ''Shuhei Yoshida literally never mentioned Abandoned or what it is before someone asked him and he replied with the thinking emoj''

Nice try though lmao i don't know why you're mad.

Telling me my argument is a straw man.. that it's the weakest argument in the thread..

How is my argument a straw man, if you guys changed your attitude after Shu mentioned Abandoned?

Go fuck yourself lol

Hollowbox

Neo Member
Telling me my argument is a straw man.. that it's the weakest argument in the thread..

How is my argument a straw man, if you guys changed your attitude after Shu mentioned Abandoned?

Go fuck yourself lol
Lol, guess you're trying to avoid the fact that I just obliterated your weakest argument I've ever seen on this thread lol.

Nice deflecting.

It's ok to be wrong.

Top Bottom