• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The Reddit thread has shutdown

The original one still exists but is also filled with trollers/haters, no word on a third one yet.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

metal gear solid japan GIF

EruditeHobo

Your comment probably the weakest argument I've ever seen on this thread lol.

It's a real stretch to call these "arguments" -- this is just mostly baseless/coincidental speculation, those that presume it is meaningful and those that don't.

Don't get me wrong feel free to have fun if this matters to you... however, this is not an actual argument, for anything. People not convinced by a bunch of independent facts, which are spun by the gullible into a specious belief about a secret video game, do not need to disprove these beliefs via an "argument". They just aren't convinced by bullshit speculation, which is all this amounts to thus far.

It's classically conspiratorial, it's a long list of crap that is slowly whittled away over time... but the single bullet points which are "disproven" or debunked are merely forgotten, because those invested in the conspiracy (for whatever reason) keep adding to the list; thus the list regenerates, and thus is never "proven wrong". The same exact rhetorical tactics are used by creationists, 9/11 truthers, and flat-earthers.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I'd like to say it was a good time, but about midway through this thread this shit got really depressing for this #teamreal. It went off the rails when people thought there was a "winning" and "losing" to this nonsense. Hopefully you crazies go back to reading corn kernels in your toilet and get some rest from trying to force things to work that really don't. This thread was like sticking a N64 cartridge into a SNES and hoping it'll work if you try hard enough.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I'd like to say it was a good time, but about midway through this thread this shit got really depressing for this #teamreal. It went off the rails when people thought there was a "winning" and "losing" to this nonsense. Hopefully you crazies go back to reading corn kernels in your toilet and get some rest from trying to force things to work that really don't. This thread was like sticking a N64 cartridge into a SNES and hoping it'll work if you try hard enough.
It’d be more fun if some people didn’t take it so seriously and abuse others. The journey is the best part.

EruditeHobo

It’d be more fun if some people didn’t take it so seriously and abuse others. The journey is the best part.

People who think satellites don't exist might feel the same way. A lot of flat-earthers treat their meetings and conventions like a super fun club of which they are members! Doesn't mean their conclusions, beliefs, or "arguments" are logical or reasonable.

I think if people want to believe this they should have some fun with it, so we aren't super far apart on that specific point. But when nothing comes of this but a crappy indie game, which is what's going to happen... just don't say no one told you so. 👍

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
People who think satellites don't exist might feel the same way... a lot of flat-earthers treat their meetings and conventions like a super fun club of which they are members! Doesn't mean their conclusions, beliefs, or "arguments" are logical or reasonable.
Yes, as Team Real/Round, I’ve often been pushing that the simplest answer is often the correct one against Team Fake/Flat.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
One question to team fake, when do you think the "Project everyone hopes to hear about" getting announced, which was teased by Akira Yamaoka?
He originally said it will get announced in summer, but we didn't heard about it yet and summer is soon over. Don't you think it could be related to the rumored Sony event, which is said to have been delayed multiple times already?

I mean we know that a Sony event is coming soon as it was already announced by Sony, when they said we will hear more about Horizon 2 and God of War Ragnarok in late summer? So I think the rumors of it being delayed seems reasonable. But at the same time thinking about the tease from Yamaoka-san, which also didn't happen at Gamescom, I think it would make sense that that will happen at the Sony event as well.

Okay, possibly he meant something else, but it can't be a new franchise, since noone knows about it yet, so noone hopes to hear about it. It is possible that it is another Silent Hill game, but I don't think he would say tat about a Silent Hill game by blooper team, because I am sure he knows from the internet, that this is something everyone hopes not to hear about.
Or god of war and horizon were delayed which pushed back the event because they weren’t ready.

Or god of war and horizon were delayed which pushed back the event because they weren’t ready.
That might be the case, but then still the game announcement Akira was teasing is missing.

Personally I also have a feeling that Sony might delay big announcements intentionally because the PS5 is still sold out worldwide, so if they make big announcements now it’s not like they can sell more consoles. Perhaps they try to wait until availability catches up with demand and announce until then only games which are releasing soon.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Let me repeat myself. TeamReal will win, no matter what. Even if Kojima or Sony announces they have nothing to do with Abandoned - TeamReal knows they're lying.

Abandoned has been the cheapest (financially) and smartest marketing stunt, for a game (games?) ever!

When Silent Hill and/or MGS is announced and Blue Box once again cancels a game, people will talk about the "coincidences" that led up to the 'Blue Box Conspiracy" for a very long time.

The rabid TeamFakers will continue to go over the line in this thread, just to feel good about themselves, but as a true member of the glorious TeamReal elite, you should take every hit (miss) as another win - cause winning is the only option for TeamReal. The cards have been dealt and the fortune favors the bold.

TeamReal is forever <3

That might be the case, but then still the game announcement Akira was teasing is missing.

Personally I also have a feeling that Sony might delay big announcements intentionally because the PS5 is still sold out worldwide, so if they make big announcements now it’s not like they can sell more consoles. Perhaps they try to wait until availability catches up with demand and announce until then only games which are releasing soon.
The game announcement with regards to akira is probably the bloober one or the japanese one. Makes more sense since 1. Ceo of bloober stated they were working on a big horror ip. 2. They were looking for game designers who are experts in combat, which is pretty shady since all they make are walking simulators. And 3. Bloober just partnered with konami. I honestly lost all hope that kojima is behind all this or that hasan is more than what we think he is.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Those are demonstrably not the respective sides -- you've mixed them up.
Nope. It’s another stupid comparison.
But if we were to relate the two Team Real is about Kojima doing what he’s already known for / or what we already know about the Earth. And Team Fake want to disprove it because… feelings.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You sure about that? Have you played any of the games he has? And Abandoned is 5th on the list, and way after Abandoned app launched. And no GoT in sight.The man plays way more than you think:

But in a tweet after the teaser but before his GoT tweet ( I think it was his Hades yeet) there was 1-2 others ahead of Abandoned but then were after in the GoT tweet which means he was in Abandoned after Hades was released.

There is a simple explanation for that; he opened the Abandoned app before the 13th, when it wasn't patched.... probably on the 10th when he posted the screenshot of himself about to DL it.. of course, wasn't much to look at since Hasan failed to get the patch out.

Hades came out the same day as the patch.. but he hadn't opened the Abandoned app yet since he opened it on the 10th, hence why it was still back in the list.

He then checked out the app post-patch.. maybe later that day, which is why it moved up slightly since his screenshot on the 13th, but obviously not much to see.. so it was still several apps back by the 19th when he next posted his dashboard.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Nope. It’s another stupid comparison.
But if we were to relate the two Team Real is about Kojima doing what he’s already known for / or what we already know about the Earth. And Team Fake want to disprove it because… feelings.

Well, I'm glad you said that, because this is exactly what I mean -- Kojima doing something slightly similar to this many years ago for a major project of his has zero bearing on whether or not a set of facts and assertions supports this particular conspiratorial belief about Kojima/Silent Hill. To suggest so is literally a logical fallacy. It doesn't mean it's impossible that it's the case, it does mean though that there's literally no logical reason to think so.

And since I'm here, here's how you've messed up the analogy when you've tried to twist it around:

People who believe the Earth is an oblate spheroid don't jump to conclusions without good evidence, unlike flat-earthers. They require more than a bunch of specious assertions based on grasping at straws, misunderstandings, and/or appeals to incredulity (another logical fallacy), they require actual, good evidence. That is exactly what's happening here, with "Team Real", as this is by no decent standard "good evidence" of anything in particular.

Have a good night.

Last edited:
Geoff gave it away early on with his pre-saved screenshot of texts with Hasan. Nobody can explain that away.
Exactly, I brought this up before already, but Team Fake thinks it is nothing strange about taking a photo of you conversations as backup.

Although for me it is very strange for 2 reasons:
1. I am sure he is backing up his phone regularly like every normal person, so the conversation is already save.
2. If you want to store only the conversation there are far better ways to do that than a Screenshot.

elliot5

Geoff gave it away early on with his pre-saved screenshot of texts with Hasan. Nobody can explain that away.

Exactly, I brought this up before already, but Team Fake thinks it is nothing strange about taking a photo of you conversations as backup.

Although for me it is very strange for 2 reasons:
1. I am sure he is backing up his phone regularly like every normal person, so the conversation is already save.
2. If you want to store only the conversation there are far better ways to do that than a Screenshot.
or he was scheduling an event for E3 and got a DM from this weird Hasan guy who he followed bc of the buzz and took a screenshot as a means of organizing his requests rather than rely on twitter DMs.

backing up is nothing because it was twitter, not his iMessage

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Well, I'm glad you said that, because this is exactly what I mean -- Kojima doing something slightly similar to this many years ago for a major project of his has zero bearing on whether or not a set of facts and assertions supports this particular conspiratorial belief about Kojima/Silent Hill. To suggest so is literally a logical fallacy. It doesn't mean it's impossible that it's the case, it does mean though that there's literally no logical reason to think so.

And since I'm here, here's how you've messed up the analogy when you've tried to twist it around:

People who believe the Earth is an oblate spheroid don't jump to conclusions without good evidence, unlike flat-earthers. They require more than a bunch of specious assertions based on grasping at straws, misunderstandings, and/or appeals to incredulity (another logical fallacy), they require actual, good evidence. That is exactly what's happening here, with "Team Real", as this is by no decent standard "good evidence" of anything in particular.

Have a good night.
Team Real have done nothing but shown facts and coincidences, Team Fake have literally nothing to go on except their own thoughts and feelings.

That’s the difference here.

EruditeHobo

TeamFake is a sad bunch. if you're here for anything besides 'fun' then you're in the wrong place.

What do you mean? I'm concerned why people are saying this game is happening, I'm trying to figure out what tools they are using to assess reality. Not out of nobility... because I'm curious if this game is happening! There's a group of people who keep saying it is, that's why I'm here.

If you're just having fun... I don't really know what that means?
Do you think the game is actually happening?
Are we getting an announcement anytime soon?
When will we get a peek behind the curtain on this?

Team Real have done nothing but shown facts and coincidences, Team Fake have literally nothing to go on except their own thoughts and feelings.

That’s the difference here.

Yes, for once we agree. 1 coincidence (which is a fact of some kind) doesn't make good evidence... but neither do 100 coincidences. That too is a fallacy. A good piece of evidence is reasonable to believe and well-supported in and of itself, it doesn't need any additional support. That's the problem with this kind of thinking, as you're demonstrating.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Yes, for once we agree. 1 coincidence (which is a fact of some kind) doesn't make good evidence... but neither do 100 coincidences. That too is a fallacy. A good piece of evidence is reasonable to believe and well-supported in and of itself, it doesn't need any additional support. That's the problem with this kind of thinking, as you're demonstrating.
The only outright evidence either side will get is when we get the actual announcement. In the meantime we have to work off things like Kojima confirming he’s made a short trailer that is new project related and possibly Abandoned related due to the announcement coming right before the Abandoned teaser.

Or how he is confirmed to be working on an undisclosed horror game.

There’s been a lot of those type of facts that work in Team Real’s favour.

Last edited:
Team Fake is living in a strange reality, where the government will pay you money for 6 whole years for creating a game without any meaningful output. Do you really think the Dutch governments expectations are so low?
Like I already said if that whole thing turns out to be really an indie, I will move there, open my own studio and having s blast for many years until their patience is finally running out.

A.Romero

This thread is so delicious. There will be an all you can eat crow buffet with salty tears sauce at some point in the future...

I don't think it's a Kojima game and certainly not SH nor MGS (I'd be sad to see Kojima sucking Konami's balls) but I'm having a lot of fun reading the posts.

I just hope whatever side loses owns it.

DarthPutin

Team Fake is living in a strange reality, where the government will pay you money for 6 whole years for creating a game without any meaningful output. Do you really think the Dutch governments expectations are so low?
What money? Nothing about Hasans' imput in these years indicates that his "studio" is anything more than Hasan fiddling away with cheap assets in his free time, in fact, even so he's not very proficient - there is more impressive stuff done for free in Dreams.

He either has daytime job or some independent income. Perhaps now he got someone to sponsor him a bit (his family?) b/c he lucked into amazing advertizing opportunity thanks to internet conspiracy.

As for his "posting hours", for the longest time I mostly communicated with friends from 3 to 5 a.m. in the morning, such is my sleeping pattern. Wonder what theories could've been made about that.

Anyway, pretty funny that even Reddit is no longer insane enough to believe in this, but our Team keeps going. And I'm glad, because without them the fun would end((

So will you give up hope when Sony new even will happen or only when Hasan releases his game? (B/c he might never release it)

MastaKiiLA

The Reddit thread has shutdown

The original one still exists but is also filled with trollers/haters, no word on a third one yet.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Good riddance. Complete flakes who were just trying to ride a popular wave. You gotta have more than just a gut feeling, you have to truly believe. True belief lies somewhere between the cockles and the taint.

Last edited:
What money? Nothing about Hasans' imput in these years indicates that his "studio" is anything more than Hasan fiddling away with cheap assets in his free time, in fact, even so he's not very proficient - there is more impressive stuff done for free in Dreams.

He either has daytime job or some independent income. Perhaps now he got someone to sponsor him a bit (his family?) b/c he lucked into amazing advertizing opportunity thanks to internet conspiracy.

As for his "posting hours", for the longest time I mostly communicated with friends from 3 to 5 a.m. in the morning, such is my sleeping pattern. Wonder what theories could've been made about that.

Anyway, pretty funny that even Reddit is no longer insane enough to believe in this, but our Team keeps going. And I'm glad, because without them the fun would end((

So will you give up hope when Sony new even will happen or only when Hasan releases his game? (B/c he might never release it)
We know already that Hasan paid Nuare for some assets and there were some tweets from insiders who confirmed that Nuare is very expensive even for die assets, since they are working mostly on tripleA Games as shown on their webpage.
And considering the fact that Nuares boss personally made the video to confirm that they work with Hasan, we are surely not speaking about a little bit money.

Also if Hasan has a daytime job, I am sure he needs to sleep in the night instead of writing some tweets.

DarthPutin

Nuare works on a lot of games, they just showcase the most prestigious ones. You can spend a lot of money for sure, but it doesn't mean you can't pay them for something smaller and cheaper, maybe they made the legs for Hasan's teaser, or helped him put his "teaser" together, heh.

Nuare situation is a bit weird, it made me suspicious in the beginning, but in the end we don't know their motivation, maybe some Hasan's friends are working there, maybe they had a good laugh at the conspiracy and decided to participate, maybe Hasan's sad puppydog eyes act worked on them. It's like the only thing that's really unusual, and there are still explanations for that.

People also spend money on their hobbies, it's not that weird. I wrote couple of George Martiniesque sized novels in spare time, because I felt like it. My friend spent her monthly salary on book cover for her self-published book, and I bet people in Netherlands have more spare change on the whole.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time Hasan decided to take things a bit more seriously, this is his once in a lifetime opportunity, and the guy is somewhat delusional. Some people will buy his indie crap for shits and giggles, out of sympathy, so that they can try to "decode" it, etc. If he can make game on the cheap, it could be worthy investment, now that he has public attention.

I also had daytime job, I would come back home and fall asleep, then wake up and be unable to sleep till 4-5 a.m. I lived like this for years, hell even now if I don't go to sleep before 12, I can't go to sleep before 3 a.m. There is condition wrt to how your brain works, not sure how to translate it to English. Dude who wrote HP: MOR sleeps for 24 hrs then stays awake for 24 hrs, sleep patterns are very hard to change. I have plenty of friends who work and stay awake deep into the night, admittedly they aren't working at the factory or something. Freelancers can organize their day how they want, for example, some people are much more productive in nighttime, myself included. Those are just some tweets - not much effort.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
The only outright evidence either side will get is when we get the actual announcement. In the meantime we have to work off things like Kojima confirming he’s made a short trailer that is new project related and possibly Abandoned related due to the announcement coming right before the Abandoned teaser.

Or how he is confirmed to be working on an undisclosed horror game.

There’s been a lot of those type of facts that work in Team Real’s favor
lol, the funny thing is team fake is acting like Geoff programming the number to Reply to Kojima/Death stranding & Abandoned doesn't exist.

If Hasan was so depressed, he couldn't eat or sleep Geoff wouldn't go that far to even fuck him up even more lol, Geoff knows what he's doing and 100% this is more than an indie game.

The last scene of the DSDC gamescom trailer. They clearly emphasized the ending part to be something significant., undoubtedly you can make the connection between the P.T reference and the gap in the door leading to a seperate reality and the whale being a sperm whale just like moby dick studio's whale is a sperm whale....All of the sperm whales in the game seem to be dead. This is the first time AS FAR AS I KNOW where the sperm whale has been shown alive in the game.

No, it's not a coincidence that Geoff programmed the number to reply to Kojima & Abandoned, stop lol.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
lol, the funny thing is team fake is acting like Geoff programming the number to Reply to Kojima/Death stranding & Abandoned doesn't exist.

If Hasan was so depressed, he couldn't eat or sleep Geoff wouldn't go that far to even fuck him up even more lol, Geoff knows what he's doing and 100% this is more than an indie game.

The last scene of the DSDC gamescom trailer. They clearly emphasized the ending part to be something significant., undoubtedly you can make the connection between the P.T reference and the gap in the door leading to a seperate reality and the whale being a sperm whale just like moby dick studio's whale is a sperm whale....All of the sperm whales in the game seem to be dead. This is the first time AS FAR AS I KNOW where the sperm whale has been shown alive in the game.

No, it's not a coincidence that Geoff programmed the number to reply to Kojima & Abandoned, stop lol.
Agreed.
If it were so stressful then BlueBox also wouldn’t be throwing out obvious hints of-
1) Starting with S & ending with L
2) The blurry Snake image
3) Providing the description of Silent Hill for Abandoned

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
TeamFake is a sad bunch. if you're here for anything besides 'fun' then you're in the wrong place, if THIS is your definition of 'fun', then I feel sorry for you
Was this comment fun for you?

I do agree the fun is gone.. this thread is now mostly team real spamming the same BS theories, and then just making BS statements about "team fake".. I think bitbydeath has repeated that "all team fake has are thoughts and feelings" things a half dozen times. Then they'll repeat over and over Team Fake has nothing to say about X event, when its' not true.

I do wish we'd get back to something fun.. but there's pretty much nothing happening. I'm not sure how you'd classify the team real posts on the last couple of pages as "fun" outside of 1 or 2 of them lol

Like.. calling people xbots! We've come full circle.. this is now a console warrior thread lol..

FUN! TEAM REAL IS ALL ABOUT FUN! FUN FUN FUNNNN

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just drop the trailer Hasan and put a final nail in this coffin.

Then I'll quote the Papacheeks theory, we can all have a laugh, and go back to normal scheduled programming.

There is no version of the trailer that can't be interpreted to be clue to Silent Hill))
When Hasan drops the full meal deal and it’s a load of rubbish about The Bad Guy and surviving in the woods and looks like crap, it’s going to be hard to interpret that as a clue to silent hill rather than a clue Hasan has no idea what he’s doing.

DarthPutin

When Hasan drops the full meal deal and it’s a load of rubbish about The Bad Guy and surviving in the woods and looks like crap, it’s going to be hard to interpret that as a clue to silent hill rather than a clue Hasan has no idea what he’s doing.
Hopefully, but I think we'll have at least two weeks of people trying to "solve" the "fake" game like they did PT.
Coming back to Johnlock conspiracy, people were convinced that there is unaired secret episode of the show where characters will announce their love, and actual episodes were misdirection.

Hopefully, but I think we'll have at least two weeks of people trying to "solve" the "fake" game like they did PT.
Coming back to Johnlock conspiracy, people were convinced that there is unaired secret episode of the show where characters will announce their love, and actual episodes were misdirection.
That’s true. GuinGuin GuinGuin spent a week fiddling in the app, trying Konami codes, whispering Hasan and Kojima, farting into the dual sense microphone, and trying to convince everyone the absolute nothing in the app was actually a puzzle to solve.

H . R . 2

Was this comment fun for you?

I do agree the fun is gone.. this thread is now mostly team real spamming the same BS theories, and then just making BS statements about "team fake".. I think bitbydeath has repeated that "all team fake has are thoughts and feelings" things a half dozen times. Then they'll repeat over and over Team Fake has nothing to say about X event, when its' not true.

I do wish we'd get back to something fun.. but there's pretty much nothing happening. I'm not sure how you'd classify the team real posts on the last couple of pages as "fun" outside of 1 or 2 of them lol

Like.. calling people xbots! We've come full circle.. this is now a console warrior thread lol..

FUN! TEAM REAL IS ALL ABOUT FUN! FUN FUN FUNNNN
should others stop having their fun if YOU and I don't find it "fun"?
that's very selfish
if there's nothing to this whole story, and this is all meaningless and empty, why are you here? trying to save them from their "misery"?

Top Bottom