• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EruditeHobo

I don’t know how you don’t see what’s so obvious.

You're twisting yourself into a pretzel over this ridiculousness.. it's obvious he's referring to a DS trailer he's edited, he tweets about it all day on Aug 28th. You claiming to be looking for the simplest explanation when taking this one tweet and claiming it's supporting this fanciful theory about Silnt Hill is bizarre.

Why not many of the other tweets mentioning a trailer around the time period? What is it about this one tweet?
Utterly baffling thinking on display in here.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised that the recent comment from Reedus about Death Stranding 2 was intentional to make the surprise even bigger. Seems odd to me that we would drop something like this, since as an actor he should know what to say and what not to say.

We also shouldn't forget that the podcast from Al hub where the interview with Hasan was supposed to be first had an announcement with Konami as a sponsor before it was removed.

Also Hasan does not get all the coversage in the world for his game, he is even interviewed by many big outlets. So if Hasan is just an indie, he should work in marketing, because he would be a genius to pull this off.

And I can not say that enough, he would not only be good at marketing, but also an incredible video editor, because the choice of the camera angle in the teaser and the perfect music choice shows also he has talent in that area.
Marketing and editor skills, both which were completely absent from all his previous games, very strange...

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You cannot claim to be looking for the simplest explanation when holding this up and claiming it's a "fact"; that is nowhere near the simplest explanation for that Kojima tweet.

And not believing something is literally the default option when it comes to assessing reality... there needs to be good evidence to ever be convinced in the first place, at least if you claim to be utilizing logic properly.
How is Kojima tweeting about making the one of the shortest trailers ever a day before one of the shortest trailers ever is shown not logical to draw comparisons from the two?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You're twisting yourself into a pretzel over this ridiculousness.. it's obvious he's referring to a DS trailer he's edited, he tweets about it all day on Aug 28th. You claiming to be looking for the simplest explanation when taking this one tweet and claiming it's supporting this fanciful theory about Silnt Hill is bizarre.

Why not many of the other tweets mentioning a trailer around the time period? What is it about this one tweet?
Utterly baffling thinking on display in here.
A lot of them are likely related to the Abandoned trailer, it was only that one that makes it incredibly obvious. The only ones turning themselves into pretzels are team fake with ridiculous theories that seem extremely far fetched.

EruditeHobo

At this point I wouldn't be surprised that the recent comment from Reedus about Death Stranding 2 was intentional to make the surprise even bigger. Seems odd to me that we would drop something like this, since as an actor he should know what to say and what not to say.

It's not odd at all, it happens all the time. Marvel actors have spoiled big plot points doing press, for instance.

How is Kojima tweeting about making the one of the shortest trailers ever a day before one of the shortest trailers ever is shown not logical to draw comparisons from the two?

When he's spent the rest of the same day talking about how he's back editing a trailer for the first time in a long time?

It's not logical because there's no clear link between these two things. You claiming it's the most reasonable explanation is ridiculous on its face -- the most reasonable explanation is the dude was talking about a trailer for the new version of the game he made. It's not rocket surgery here, my friend.

At this point, I honestly can't tell if you're a troll. And the thinking on display in here as I've caught up with this thread is, frankly, alarming. It reminds me of the kinds of "logic" that leads to QAnon believers and vaccine deniers and what not. So honestly I'm sorry I stepped in. I can't be bothered to discuss this ad nauseam. I'll wait for more trailers to drop and for this "mystery" to be solved. No sense in going back and forth on this, we'll never see eye to eye.

I will say, if there's an actual credible link that shows up, or this new Kojima Silent Hill/horror project is announced, I'll show up and say wow how did you figure that out & that is a crazy bit of viral marketing they were doing! But the thing is... the sad fact is, even if that does come true and we do see Kojima's Silent Hill or whatever get announced... this is still not the way to make conclusions about anything in the real world. So while I hope for the sake of those that care he does make a Silent Hill game, I also I hope this kind of thinking doesn't extend to too many other facets of your lives.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
When he's spent the rest of the same day talking about how he's back editing a trailer for the first time in a long time?

It's not logical because there's no clear link between these two things. You claiming it's the most reasonable explanation is ridiculous on its face -- the most reasonable explanation is the dude was talking about a trailer for the new version of the game he made. It's not rocket surgery here, my friend.

At this point, I honestly can't tell if you're a troll. And the thinking on display in here as I've caught up with this thread is, frankly, alarming. It reminds me of the kinds of "logic" that leads to QAnon believers and vaccine deniers and what not. So honestly I'm sorry I stepped in. I can't be bothered to discuss this ad nauseam. I'll wait for more trailers to drop and for this "mystery" to be solved. No sense in going back and forth on this, we'll never see eye to eye.

I will say, if there's an actual credible link that shows up, or this new Kojima Silent Hill/horror project is announced, I'll show up and say wow how did you figure that out & that is a crazy bit of viral marketing they were doing! But the thing is... the sad fact is, even if that does come true and we do see Kojima's Silent Hill or whatever get announced... this is still not the way to make conclusions about anything in the real world. So while I hope for the sake of those that care he does make a Silent Hill game, I also I hope this kind of thinking doesn't extend to too many other facets of your lives.
There is a clear link if you take into account all the other coincidences he has tweeted.

Take this for example, if you know anything about Silent Hill you would easily detect the symbolism. Not to mention the word ‘Abandoned.’ And there have been tons of other examples just like this from his account.

EruditeHobo

That is not a clear link. That is conclusive evidence of nothing, and as I've said before multiple/many specious "links" do not somehow congeal and form into some Voltron of truth which proves an argument. They need to be more credible on their own for a resulting claim/belief to be reasonable or logical. That's how epistemology works.

See you when projects are announced and/or new trailers drop.

Last edited:
It's not odd at all, it happens all the time. Marvel actors have spoiled big plot points doing press, for instance.
Well, spoiling plot points is very easy when you are doing press for a movie, some actors just don't know what is publicly known already and what not. Announcing a whole game is a completely other level, which doesn't happen often in interviews. Game announcement leaks normally happen due to a retailer putting out the information on their ordering page or a rating for a game.

I also cannot get behind team fakes thinking what Hasan's goal is, some people think there is never any game, so that means he burned money. And even if there is a game, he would never be so stupid to tell so obvious lies all the time because that would damage the little bit reputation he still might have and especially his relationship with Sony.

And I said it many times, but again team fake is ignoring it, how was he able to put out a patch simultaneously worldwide. That is not so easy, as you need to have a very good relationship with Sony to pull this off.

And then there is the bad translation of the app into other languages. Seriously the guy paid already a lot of money on assets, don't you think he would have at least some pocket money left to get a professional translation of the little bit text there is? The translation is intentionally bad, but team fake is ignoring all facts.

EruditeHobo

There’s only so many coincidences before you should realise there’s a pattern.

50 coincidences do not transform into good evidence by virtue of the fact that collectively they become a large body of "facts", is what I'm saying. It may seem like that's the case, that may feel right... but it's not. Definitively. That's the same kind of thing that has people becoming creationists on bad evidence.

See you when it’s announced.

I honestly do hope this bears fruit... would be pretty interested to play this game.

dukeoflegs

When did teasers become trailers?

Bluebox said when it went live it was a teaser not a trailer.

BLUE BOX Game Studios

@BBGameStudios

·
Aug 13

The patch is now live. Please check the update availability on your console. This patch introduces the following:
-Access to the app
-A short introduction teaser for the app along with it's announcements.

EruditeHobo

And I said it many times, but again team fake is ignoring it, how was he able to put out a patch simultaneously worldwide. That is not so easy, as you need to have a very good relationship with Sony to pull this off.

Part of my job is as a release manager for a video game studio with multiple live products, and let me personally tell you that this statement of yours is completely false.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
When did teasers become trailers?

Bluebox said when it went live it was a teaser not a trailer.

BLUE BOX Game Studios
@BBGameStudios

·
Aug 13

The patch is now live. Please check the update availability on your console. This patch introduces the following:
-Access to the app
-A short introduction teaser for the app along with it's announcements.
A teaser is just another name for a short trailer.

And then there is the bad translation of the app into other languages. Seriously the guy paid already a lot of money on assets, don't you think he would have at least some pocket money left to get a professional translation of the little bit text there is? The translation is intentionally bad, but team fake is ignoring all facts.
No one knows how much money he paid for assets. We know most of the assets and the music he used in the teaser were either free, or 25 dollars for the floor. That is not a lot of money. We know he might have paid Nuare for something but not how much, or what. I worked at a consultancy, and we’d get paid to do everything from small bits of work for little money and put one dev on it for a few days, up to millions for multi-month work.
You are assuming the translation is intentionally bad for some crazy plan by Kojima to appear amateur (which only you, super-sleuth, can see through, even though it’s intentional by a super genius to fool everyone for some kind of epic reveal). The other option is the simplest - the translation is just bad because he didn’t pay anyone to do it, he just dumped it in Google translate .

50 coincidences do not transform into good evidence by virtue of the fact that collectively they become a large body of "facts", is what I'm saying. It may seem like that's the case, that may feel right... but it's not. Definitively. That's the same kind of thing that has people becoming creationists on bad evidence.
it’s exactly this. I worked with a dude who was a creationist, and he was always like, “but the eye is so complex! How could such a series of coincidences happen! You’re ignoring these coincidences as being purposeful genius by a creator!”

K2D

Banned
It does however warrant reasonable suspicion. I'd say the needle is pointing at yellow, leaning towards there being more at play than just indie dev incompetence.

The biggest gut feeling I'm getting is from people like Kojima, Geoff and industry people teasing, while no-names, indies and team fakers throwing out seemingly red herrings and gas lighting, while ignoring and ultimately burying glaring coincidences.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Don’t know if thus was mentioned yet but BlueBox updated their logo.

BBlogoWhiteBlack_Small.png

It’s now identical to Sony’s.

images

Last edited:
It does however warrant reasonable suspicion. I'd say the needle is pointing at yellow, leaning towards there being more at play than just indie dev incompetence.

The biggest gut feeling I'm getting is from people like Kojima, Geoff and industry people teasing, while no-names, indies and team fakers throwing out seemingly red herrings and gas lighting, while ignoring and ultimately burying glaring coincidences.
Did you know there was a correlation between the films that Nicholas Cage has starred in and drownings in pools? The graphed data matches nearly exactly. How could such a thing be a coincidence?? Nicholas Cage must be stopped.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Did you know there was a correlation between the films that Nicholas Cage has starred in and drownings in pools? The graphed data matches nearly exactly. How could such a thing be a coincidence?? Nicholas Cage must be stopped.
Those drownings are a small price to pay for Nicholas Cage.
nicholas cage smiling GIF

Last edited:

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
It crossed my mind that Kojima didnt set up this fake studio in 2014, he hired it/contracted it to tease his new game. Anyway, Akira Yamaoka’s “game we have been hoping for” didnt get announced this summer did it? Unless it was The Medium for ps5…

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So if the logo is not exact, that means Sony did not give them or they did not have access to the identical font.
why? Is the only explanation is that it’s Kojima and he wants people to think the studio is shit?
Or is it just an indie shit studio that wants people to think they’re big/Kojima/Sony sponsored?
Not sure, I just found it interesting they would update it to be closer to Sony’s.

One more reason for Sony to intervene about the obvious copycat, but no they don’t say anything.

i am sure if it would be just an indie, Sony would have already asked nicely to change the Logo a little bit as people might easily assume that they are related.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
So the thread is still on loop, huh?
"nothing to see here" vs "can't you see the coincidences?".

Yet TeamReal are the "party poopers" of the thread? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Serious question TeamFake, what else do you plan to gain here besides "I told you so"?
TeamReal is looking for a game (maybe two), what is your end goal?

So the thread is still on loop, huh?
"nothing to see here" vs "can't you see the coincidences?".

Yet TeamReal are the "party poopers" of the thread? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Serious question TeamFake, what else do you plan to gain here besides "I told you so"?
TeamReal is looking for a game (maybe two), what is your end goal?
We’re the voice of logic, intelligence, reason…and also to say I told you so.

But what if you're wrong? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Let’s just say I’m very, very confident.

but if I’m wrong and this is a gigantic Kojima ruse for…whatever reason and he chose Hasan because he was a horrible developer and then replaced him with an AI he created so he could reveal a new Silent Hill…*shrug* that’s so unbelievably stupid and insane that I’ll enjoy the madness.

Last edited:

Hollowbox

Neo Member
The confidence you guys have, "after all the coincidences" is inspiring, I'll give you that. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's not confidence, It's called being delusional.

They know deep down the evidences are leaning more towards team real than useless team fake that's just outright denying everything lol, they don't even bring anything to the table.

They'd even count Geoff programming the number to reply to Kojima/Abandoned as a coincidence, that's how you know they're delusional lol.

Last edited:
It's not confidence, It's called being delusional.

They know deep down the evidences are leaning more towards team real than useless team fake that's just outright denying everything lol, they don't even bring anything to the table.

They'd even count Geoff programming the number to reply to Kojima/Abandoned as a coincidence, that's how you know they're delusional lol.
I‘ll add to my post about what I get out of this - I live for projection posts like this.

Personally I think some of them also realize that it might be more than an indie, but they choose to live in ignorance and dream of their Microsoft exclusive Kojima game instead.
I haven’t had an XBOX since the 360. I’ve had a PS1, PS2, PSP Go, PS3, Vita, PS4, and now, at launch a PS5. Nothing against XBOX, but they don’t have what I want atm. If anything, I’m on the PS side, but I guess I wouldn’t expect Team Real to be able to get anything correct from data at hand.

I’m not sure why it’s so hard to understand that:
1) I love Silent Hill. I played the original 1, 2 and 3 on original hardware. I downloaded and played PT the night it came out. I still have it on my PS4. I own the soundtracks on vinyl. I am a massive horror fan.
2) I don’t believe Abandoned has anything to do with Kojima or SIlent Hill other than Hasan ripping it off/being a PT fanboy.

I really don’t care about exclusivity. I”d buy an xbox or upgrade my PC if Kojima and MS made a deal to make a Silent Hill exclusive.

If anything, the people on team real are weird console warriors that desperately dream of Sony exclusivity.

Again, projection by team real.

Last edited:
Top Bottom