• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frequently Asked Questions​

When will we learn more about Abandoned?
We are working hard to reveal Abandoned ASAP. As of now the game is not ready for the public eye.
Why is there a 5 second footage in the app with a size of 5GB?
As a result of technical issues we made it very hard for us last minute. We had to trim the opening teaser. The 5GB is the actual size of the full length. We will release the full teaser soon. We sincerely apologize for this.
When will we see new content in the Realtime Experience PS5 app?
Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA just yet but we are working to release new content ASAP.
What is the Playable Prologue?
The Playable Prologue is a standalone game with its own set of Trophy's on PS5.
What is the release date for Abandoned?
Abandoned is set to be released in 2022 while the Prologue will be available soon.
Will Abandoned be available in a physical form?
Yes. Abandoned will be available both digital and physical. The Prologue is only in digital form.
Is BLUE BOX Game Studios in any way linked to Kojima Productions or Hideo Kojima?
No. BLUE BOX Game Studios is a small independent studio based in The Netherlands.
Is The Haunting in any way linked with Abandoned?
No. Abandoned is a new different game. The game has been created from scratch and does not include references to The Haunting.
Why isn't Abandoned shown so far?
Abandoned was announced too soon. Also, we received a bigger audience than we initially had, so we had to polish the game even more. Even now, the game isn't ready for the public eye to see. We will release all media inside the Realtime Experience app and web for actual gameplay reveals and cinematic trailers.
What makes Abandoned unique and stand out from other games?
Abandoned has a new narrative, presented in realistic gameplay with a cinematic experience, Abandoned emulates a realistic approach to survival.
Is Abandoned a horror game?
Abandoned is a horror shooter/survival game. While the primary focus isn't entirely horror.
Is Abandoned the actual IP name?
No Abandoned is a codename. The marketing title name will be announced with the gameplay reveal.

So, again - NOT Kojima.

Well, team real, get in there and find coincidences and gaps and secret codes and tell us why this means Kojima.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

It does however warrant reasonable suspicion. I'd say the needle is pointing at yellow, leaning towards there being more at play than just indie dev incompetence.

No more suspicion than any other cluster of coincidences and things that aren't fully explained which might occur elsewhere in life. The point is, if you apply this same kind of thinking anywhere else when assessing reality you're going to be believing all kinds of nonsense based on poor evidence.

The biggest gut feeling I'm getting is from people like Kojima, Geoff and industry people teasing, while no-names, indies and team fakers throwing out seemingly red herrings and gas lighting, while ignoring and ultimately burying glaring coincidences.

Kojima and Geoff aren't "teasing" anything specifically related to this -- Geoff is talking about games and jumping on this train probably for the hell of it. That's what he does. Kojima is doing nothing specifically related to this... him listening to an album that looks like a "blue box" is not "teasing" something related to abandonded, him reading material with the word "abandonded" in it is not a "clue" that he's involved.

And there are no "glaring contradictions" here; there are only rebuttals to people who don't have many facts who are nevertheless drawing specious lines between things that could be explained very simply in other ways and claiming those as credible/logical links which support a grandiose conclusion. Throwing out some of those possible reasonable explanations isn't gas-lighting or a "red herring".

THEAP99

Banned

Frequently Asked Questions​

When will we learn more about Abandoned?
We are working hard to reveal Abandoned ASAP. As of now the game is not ready for the public eye.
As a result of technical issues we made it very hard for us last minute. We had to trim the opening teaser. The 5GB is the actual size of the full length. We will release the full teaser soon. We sincerely apologize for this.
When will we see new content in the Realtime Experience PS5 app?
Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA just yet but we are working to release new content ASAP.
What is the Playable Prologue?
The Playable Prologue is a standalone game with its own set of Trophy's on PS5.
What is the release date for Abandoned?
Abandoned is set to be released in 2022 while the Prologue will be available soon.
Will Abandoned be available in a physical form?
Yes. Abandoned will be available both digital and physical. The Prologue is only in digital form.
Is BLUE BOX Game Studios in any way linked to Kojima Productions or Hideo Kojima?
No. BLUE BOX Game Studios is a small independent studio based in The Netherlands.
Is The Haunting in any way linked with Abandoned?
No. Abandoned is a new different game. The game has been created from scratch and does not include references to The Haunting.
Abandoned was announced too soon. Also, we received a bigger audience than we initially had, so we had to polish the game even more. Even now, the game isn't ready for the public eye to see. We will release all media inside the Realtime Experience app and web for actual gameplay reveals and cinematic trailers.
What makes Abandoned unique and stand out from other games?
Abandoned has a new narrative, presented in realistic gameplay with a cinematic experience, Abandoned emulates a realistic approach to survival.
Is Abandoned a horror game?
Abandoned is a horror shooter/survival game. While the primary focus isn't entirely horror.
Is Abandoned the actual IP name?
No Abandoned is a codename. The marketing title name will be announced with the gameplay reveal.

So, again - NOT Kojima.

Well, team real, get in there and find coincidences and gaps and secret codes and tell us why this means Kojima.
Why isn't there an answer for why Hasan is built like a UFC fighter and not a game developer?

Did you know there was a correlation between the films that Nicholas Cage has starred in and drownings in pools? The graphed data matches nearly exactly. How could such a thing be a coincidence?? Nicholas Cage must be stopped.
This site is great, thank you for sharing!

I would like to see the poll reset and open to see how far this has swung.

FrozenFlame

sarcastic-kirk.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If the 5GB update is the real uncut trailer, cant someone hack the app to get to the files?
It's gonna just be a mess of assets just like his other Unreal games people have messed around with.

His Steam game had many gigabytes of unused assets.. copied assets from his other games, etc.

The dude just doesn't optimize his projects before releasing them, he's full of shit.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
That's the thing about "coincidences" that come from someone clearly aware his blog post started a conspiracy theory that he is actually Kojima lol
Because it's Kojima lol, you're delusional.

Geoff would definitely go on to program the number to reply to Abandoned/Kojima only while Hasan is depressed that he couldn't sleep or eat.

Team fake's so delusional lol.

Last edited:

dukeoflegs

It's been two weeks and he can't fix an issue with a trailer, then just release it on youtube, or maybe hear me out he doesn't know what he's doing which he has shown time and time again.

What a smuck.

Fuck's sake Sony, just release the fucking PSX or State of Play or whatever the fuck you're preparing.

We need to collapse this wave function of a game once and for all.

I still fully believe, but it's honestly getting tiring at this point.

Corndog

Banned
should others stop having their fun if YOU and I don't find it "fun"?
that's very selfish
if there's nothing to this whole story, and this is all meaningless and empty, why are you here? trying to save them from their "misery"?
Laughing at them probably.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It's been two weeks and he can't fix an issue with a trailer, then just release it on youtube, or maybe hear me out he doesn't know what he's doing which he has shown time and time again.

What a smuck.
Or maybe there is no issue and they’re working on Sony timeframes?

Corndog

Banned
''How come you can see Hasan lying about not being involved with Kojima, but can't imagine him lying about everything else?''

That's simple to answer, because this conspiracy caught fire from April 8 and even more on June 15 with the S_L tweet yet neither Konami, Sony, Kojima tried to shut down the rumors lol.

And shuhei yoshida not even promoting the game or Geoff programming the number to only reply to Kojima/Abandoned.

It's because it's something bigger than an indie game, don't know how that's hard to comprehend if you're not delusional lol.
Where has it caught fire besides here? Even here how many people have viewed this thread?

EruditeHobo

One more reason for Sony to intervene about the obvious copycat, but no they don’t say anything.

i am sure if it would be just an indie, Sony would have already asked nicely to change the Logo a little bit as people might easily assume that they are related.

If there's a reason to get lawyers involved, that's what Sony would do. They wouldn't have a press conference about it, and merely making a similar, inexact logo does not warrant action that the average layman or consumer would here about. "please sirs or madams, would you mind changing your logo? it looks like mine, thank you, sincerely, Reginald T. Sony III"... no.

Sony is a massive company, there's no comment or front-facing action for them to take to address a logo that looks kind of like theirs. That's just not how things work. Just like your other point about the patch, you're clearly under some misapprehensions about the way things go in software development & publication. No offense.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
If there's a reason to get lawyers involved, that's what Sony would do. They wouldn't have a press conference about it, and merely making a similar, inexact logo does not warrant action that the average layman or consumer would here about. "please sirs or madams, would you mind changing your logo? it looks like mine, thank you, sincerely, Reginald T. Sony III"... no.

Sony is a massive company, there's no comment or front-facing action for them to take to address a logo that looks kind of like theirs. That's just not how things work. Just like your other point about the patch, you're clearly under some misapprehensions about the way things go in software development & publication. No offense.
The question is really, why BlueBox would make their logo so similar. Which I’m sure we can come to our own conclusions on.

EruditeHobo

The question is really, why BlueBox would make their logo so similar. Which I’m sure we can come to our own conclusions on.

Yeah, for sure. To me it seems like he's a PS fan and a bit of a grifter... and that's at a minimum. If it goes somewhere extraordinary from there, we will see.

But the post I was responding to was suggesting the lack of a Sony response is in some ways telling. Which... is a stretch at best. As someone that has worked with Sony and released games and patches on their platform/s, take my word for that at least.

Last edited:
According to their FAQ, they will also release a playable prologue, which does not habe anything to do with Abandoned? Which indie is doing something like that. You would assume that Abandoned is such an important game for them, that they would use all the time to make it as good as possible instead of working on a prologue.

Again what is Hasans goal with this, I an sure the prologue will be free, so why does he make it hard for himself by releasing all this extra content…

And why releasing it this year if the game is released next year, all the buzz from the prologue is gone next year. If it would be an indie over his head, it would make more sense to release the prologue nearer to the official launch to create buzz.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Yeah, for sure. To me it seems like he's a PS fan and a bit of a grifter... and that's at a minimum. If it goes somewhere extraordinary from there, we will see.

But the post I was responding to was suggesting the lack of a Sony response is in some ways telling. Which... is a stretch at best. As someone that has worked with Sony and released games and patches on their platform/s, take my word for that at least.
I think it all has to do with why they postponed the BluePoint acquisition announcement, will that be the only acquisition? Time will tell.

Hollowbox

Neo Member
Where has it caught fire besides here? Even here how many people have viewed this thread?
Lol where it has caught fire besides here?, you're either dumb or delusional or both (like most of team fake are)

The abandoned teaser (4 seconds clip) reached 1.2 million views and it was literally trending on twitter.

Stop with this bullshit argument that it hasn't caught fire besides here, look at all the interviews, all the media covering it, Geoff programming the number to reply to Abandoned/Kojima and people still replying to him asking about it., it's literally one of the hottest Indie topics and Shuhei Yoshida wasn't even promoting it and tweeting vague cryptic thinking emoji.

Team's fake so delusional it's hurting my brain lol.

IntentionalPun

Serious question TeamFake, what else do you plan to gain here besides "I told you so"?
TeamReal is looking for a game (maybe two), what is your end goal?

Why do people like you keep popping into this thread to say shit like this? Is this supposed to be the "Team Real Only" thread?

If people really wanted that.. maybe make that thread?

IntentionalPun

According to their FAQ, they will also release a playable prologue, which does not habe anything to do with Abandoned? Which indie is doing something like that. You would assume that Abandoned is such an important game for them, that they would use all the time to make it as good as possible instead of working on a prologue.

Again what is Hasans goal with this, I an sure the prologue will be free, so why does he make it hard for himself by releasing all this extra content…

And why releasing it this year if the game is released next year, all the buzz from the prologue is gone next year. If it would be an indie over his head, it would make more sense to release the prologue nearer to the official launch to create buzz.
giphy.gif

It just doesn’t make any sense, on one side I am supposed to believe that Hasan is an absolute marketing genius by creating so much talk and buzz about his game, on the other side he makes the stupidest marketing decisions like releasing a prologue this year, when the actual game releases next year, when all the buzz and hype faded away again. Releasing a playable prologue at such an early time makes only sense if it is really a remarkable work, like PT was and not some pile of shit.

So what is team fakes verdict: Marketing genius or a guy over his head making the stupidest decisions.

It just don’t make any sense regardless how you look at it unless something bigger is going on and the prologue will be impressive.

Faithless83

Banned
Why do people like you keep popping into this thread to say shit like this? Is this supposed to be the "Team Real Only" thread?

If people really wanted that.. maybe make that thread?
Why so salty? I was just asking for a reason, not begging you to stop.
I for one always welcomed discussions.Fuck "safe spaces" and I don't have a single account on ignore, nor keep my post history private.

That's why it's called this:
BNCjdts.png

and not "safe space bubble". Also, no one from TeamReal asked for mods to "close the thread", I can't say the same about TeamFake though.

Are you afraid of losing to TeamReal or you just missed me? :messenger_sunglasses:

Wait wtf the faq says a physical launch?! Whose the publisher? Lol is it sony themselves?

How is that not being discussed?

Didnt he say at some point it had like a 300k budget? Yet a studio of 50 people.

This faq raises more questions than it answers. And anyone who tries to use that faq as proof its not kojima is smoking some much more potent then what i get. Whats he gonna do? Come clean and ruin the whole thing?

EruditeHobo

It just doesn’t make any sense, on one side I am supposed to believe that Hasan is an absolute marketing genius by creating so much talk and buzz about his game, on the other side he makes the stupidest marketing decisions like releasing a prologue this year, when the actual game releases next year, when all the buzz and hype faded away again. Releasing a playable prologue at such an early time makes only sense if it is really a remarkable work, like PT was and not some pile of shit.

So what is team fakes verdict: Marketing genius or a guy over his head making the stupidest decisions.

Do you realize you are arguing against the idea that this is real?

Let me try to explain this for you -- how can this be some in-depth drawn-out promotion from a guy as talented as Kojima when these announcements and fuck-ups are so idiotic? Playable prologue... you're saying him saying that is part of some master plan to build anticipation in an underground/viral way for a big massive game? That doesn't make any sense. The most likely explanation here is it's all cover for a huge title/announcement?

Or is it just some opportunistic clown flying by the seat of his pants who hasn't delivered anything before, really, and doesn't generally seem to know how to do this on a large scale? Which sounds more likely?

It just don’t make any sense regardless how you look at it unless something bigger is going on and the prologue will be impressive.

LOL, well... I guess we'll see about that prologue, then!

Last edited:
Do you realize you are arguing against the idea that this is real?

Let me try to explain this for you -- how can this be some in-depth drawn-out promotion from a guy as talented as Kojima when these announcements and fuck-ups are so idiotic? Playable prologue... you're saying him saying that is part of some master plan to build anticipation in an underground/viral way for a big massive game? That doesn't make any sense. The most likely explanation here is it's all cover for a huge title/announcement?

Or is it just some opportunistic clown flying by the seat of his pants who hasn't delivered anything before, really, and doesn't generally seem to know how to do this on a large scale? Which sounds more likely?

LOL, well... I guess we'll see about that prologue, then!
What I want to say is that releasing a playable prologue so early only makes sense if it is fantastic thing to be talked about for a long time.

If it is just a pile of shit, People will give up on that game and no one will be interested next year when it comes out.

let’s be honest, who in their right mind would think Hasan is even able to release something half solid. The guy is not stupid and should know that releasing the prologue so early will kill all the buzz of the game.

It does not make sense that it would just be an indie.It only makes sense if it is something bigger.

And as someone else already said, it is written that their will be a physical release, no way Hasan can manage that by himself unless he has a publisher, but how can he find one because publishers are also not stupid and know the whole story what is going on and would not do business with him.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Wait wtf the faq says a physical launch?! Whose the publisher? Lol is it sony themselves?

How is that not being discussed?

Didnt he say at some point it had like a 300k budget? Yet a studio of 50 people.

This faq raises more questions than it answers. And anyone who tries to use that faq as proof its not kojima is smoking some much more potent then what i get. Whats he gonna do? Come clean and ruin the whole thing?
Only Sony would publish a PS5 exclusive this early on.

EruditeHobo

What I want to say is that releasing a playable prologue so early only makes sense if it is fantastic thing to be talked about for a long time.

If it is just a pile of shit, People will give up on that game and no one will be interested next year when it comes out.

It should be made pretty clear, unless we're in like "Hasan is an AI" or whatever nonsense mode, that this is not a guy who is responsible for "fantastic" products which are going to be "talked about for a long time". I mean, that's pretty obvious from where we stand, surely.

let’s be honest, who in their right mind would think Hasan is even able to release something half solid. The guy is not stupid and should know that releasing the prologue so early will kill all the buzz of the game.

It does not make sense that it would just be an indie.It only makes sense if it is something bigger.

Or he's not very good at this. Which is what all of his behavior and his past kind of points to.

By the way, just in general you should know that "this is so stupid that it MUST be hiding some big amazing reveal!" is never going to be a good argument. Ockham's razor: he's not hiding something amazing, he's just not doing a good job.

And as someone else already said, it is written that their will be a physical release, no way Hasan can manage that by himself unless he has a publisher, but how can he find one because publishers are also not stupid and know the whole story what is going on and would not do business with him.

"It is written", yeah from Hasan, right? He seems like a total bullshit artist. The reason you're using to leap to "this must be a major project with one of the best game directors of all time" is completely MIA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom