• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or he's not very good at this. Which is what all of his behavior and his past kind of points to.
And yet he was able to pull of one of the biggest marketing stunts in history. Sure team fake will say that it is mere luck that he gets all this coverage, but it’s not like he didn’t do his job with for example the hidden teases to PT in the first trailer and the way he was messaging about the game.

EruditeHobo

And yet he was able to pull of one of the biggest marketing stunts in history. Sure team fake will say that it is mere luck that he gets all this coverage, but it’s not like he didn’t do his job with for example the hidden teases to PT in the first trailer and the way he was messaging about the game.

First of all... this is a nothing blip. This is just a few thousand people on the internet that are bored out of their minds, this doesn't move the needle in any significant way. I could bring this up to the literal dozens of people I personally know within the industry and I guarantee you 95% of them wouldn't know anything about it.

Secondly... this attention he's getting is only because of people like you giving him that attention and surfacing these conspiracy breadcrumbs which you have evidently used to conclude that this is all an insanely in-depth viral marketing stunt directly related to Kojima/Konami/Silent Hill. If you didn't jump into this pool the way you (and others like you) have, I wouldn't even know this guy's name. So, for your argument to now be "this guys is doing things so horribly and inexplicably, the only explanation is that our wild theory about Kojima HAS to be correct because it's the only possible way he could justify getting this much attention!!" is honestly laughable. Cognitive dissonance is just unbelievable and incredible to behold, sometimes.

However I'm not going to keep beating you over the head with it. I'm still waiting on trailers to drop, or whatever.
If this turns out to be a Kojima Silent Hill game, like I said, I'll come back so you can say I told you so to my face, so to speak.
And likewise, I hope you won't just disappear or ignore it if it doesn't. Which... it won't. But we'll see!

Last edited:
First of all... this is a nothing blip. This is just a few thousand people on the internet that are bored out of their minds, this doesn't move the needle in any significant way. I could bring this up to the literal dozens of people I personally know within the industry and I guarantee you 95% of them wouldn't know anything about it.

Secondly... this attention he's getting is only because of people like you giving him that attention and surfacing these conspiracy breadcrumbs which you have evidently used to conclude that this is all an insanely in-depth viral marketing stunt directly related to Kojima/Konami/Silent Hill. If you didn't jump into this pool the way you (and others like you) have, I wouldn't even know this guy's name. So, for your argument to now be "this guys is doing things so horribly and inexplicably, the only explanation is that our wild theory about Kojima HAS to be correct because it's the only possible way he could justify getting this much attention!!" is honestly laughable. Cognitive dissonance is just unbelievable and incredible to behold, sometimes.
No hard feelings here either and I respect your position on this matter. I am feeling confident on team real, but I understand that there are also good arguments for team fake.

But I think it is kind of impressive, that he managed to get so much attention and the countless interviews from big outlets which he got. In addition nearly every gaming channel (also the ones I listen too regularly Easy Allies and Kinda Funny) is sometimes speaking about this matter and therefore do some free promotion for him.

As I already said he seems to have had the plan from the beginning with the reference to PT in the initial forest trailer again and his teaser was also not bad (the choice of angle not to reveal too much and especially the music choice). Considering that according to the forest trailer he had the plan from the beginning to leaning in on PT and was hoping to get some attention, it just seems strange that this is the first time he did something like this and he didn't do any marketing for his previous releases. Now most gamers know the name Abandoned very well, but nearly noone even heard about his previous releases before this whole thing.

So like I said I am convinced that there is more about this than just some indie fraud, but of course I will stick around if it turns out just to be an indie and accept defeat.

DarthPutin

It's not a marketing stunt, it's internet conspiracy theories + lying grifter. All Hasan did was post his shitty trailer and announced his game as PS5 exclusive. People jumped onto that all on their own. Hasan just decided to capitalise on it by clumsy "clues" - if you're willing to lie, overpromise and hint that you're secretly famous creator, hype isn't hard to create. It's just that honest self-respecting creators, especially with reputation to lose, would not want to tarnish it and doom their game with comparisons. Hasan has nothing to lose, maybe not even a game, so he's just riding the wave created by other people. Sadly he doesn't have much to show to even capitalise on it properly.

For most of the public, it is already over, btw, and as you can see, there is no backlash against Kojima or Sony (showing that no, they don't have to address this stupidity just because we'd like them to)

SkylineRKR

If this was really an ARG, then where is the blowout? This needs a stage. There have been multiple chances to do so but nothing happened. Today, i'm pretty sure Kojima would get some guys like Geoff and some popular YT personalities on board. A few forums, and some small time channels are following this. Thats it. And even some of those bail out.

At this point if Hideo posts his breakfast for kicks its a clue. Not everything this man does is a clue lol.

I get the fun part, it was fun when Konami suddenly promoted SH merch etc. But to me the fun kinda died out long ago. Its just going nowhere and BBGS didn't even provide a crumble since the announcement. That 'teaser' was already being used.

It’s not one of the greatest marketing stunts in history. It was a moment where, during a serious lull in news and a boring E3, a bunch of people jumped at coincidences and assumed a guy bullshitting about his game and hinting at things was something bigger than it was, because there had been no major big megatons in ages.

Gaming sites - which most people don’t care about anyway - reported on it in a minor way for a very short period of time, and then stopped completely.

Most people never heard about this at all, and have no clue about any of it. I have a few friends in game dev who make a VERY major indie game, and they have no idea about any of this.

At this point, it’s completely dead from a news perspective and interest other than a group of hardcore who still believe, and team fake who just cannot let it go that people still believe this is something more than just some guy talking a bunch of bullshit and getting Kojima theorists fired up, and take it personal when people just make up garbage like Abandoned will host God of War because they have insider info that told them so.

It’s been dead for ages, since the 4 second teaser launched and Hasan started really feeling the heat and stopped blatantly trying to hint he was Kojima in dumb ways.

Hasan saying he doesn’t have the real title for Abandoned is because he hasn’t made anything other than the teaser yet. He had a moment where people thought he was making silent hill and he tried to get Konami to give him the rights, which they did not, and now he’s trying to hustle money and get people on board to make something better than the complete worthless pieces of shit he’s turned out in the past.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
If this was really an ARG, then where is the blowout? This needs a stage. There have been multiple chances to do so but nothing happened. Today, i'm pretty sure Kojima would get some guys like Geoff and some popular YT personalities on board. A few forums, and some small time channels are following this. Thats it. And even some of those bail out.

At this point if Hideo posts his breakfast for kicks its a clue. Not everything this man does is a clue lol.

I get the fun part, it was fun when Konami suddenly promoted SH merch etc. But to me the fun kinda died out long ago. Its just going nowhere and BBGS didn't even provide a crumble since the announcement. That 'teaser' was already being used.
Sony hasn’t had a show this year yet.
The blowout should be when that occurs.

SaucyJack

If there's a reason to get lawyers involved, that's what Sony would do. They wouldn't have a press conference about it, and merely making a similar, inexact logo does not warrant action that the average layman or consumer would here about. "please sirs or madams, would you mind changing your logo? it looks like mine, thank you, sincerely, Reginald T. Sony III"... no.

Sony is a massive company, there's no comment or front-facing action for them to take to address a logo that looks kind of like theirs. That's just not how things work. Just like your other point about the patch, you're clearly under some misapprehensions about the way things go in software development & publication. No offense.

Having a logo that similar is a big issue though and Sony's legal team would be on it quicker than you could say ”cease and desist”. It would be gone already. And tbh I would have thought they’d have actioned against the previous one.

I don’t think Konami will sell their IPs, since they still can be used for their pachinko business, but yes I don’t see a particular reason not to outsource them since it’s a win win situation.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Is this event the one?
Animated GIF

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don’t think Konami will sell their IPs, since they still can be used for their pachinko business, but yes I don’t see a particular reason not to outsource them since it’s a win win situation.
Maybe they would if it included a deal to exclusively retain rights to use the IPs in these products for a period of time, also maybe a reciprocation from Sony to allow some of their IPs to be used exclusively by Konami in this domain. 🤷‍♂️

But one more whole week… Even without Abandoned I am sure it will be a great show. Sony does not mention indies, so let’s hope it there is no filler.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Nothing to see here! Just a coincidence! Move along TeamReal!

Broseph; this rumor says new IP... the person spreading the rumor listed some IP as examples of how "big" Sony wants to go w/ this.

This guy "predicted" something 100 other people were predicting, so who knows if he's even really some insider lol

But either way, this rumor as it's stated would not be for something like SIlent Hill.

EruditeHobo

Having a logo that similar is a big issue though and Sony's legal team would be on it quicker than you could say ”cease and desist”. It would be gone already. And tbh I would have thought they’d have actioned against the previous one.

Maybe. I dunno, I'm not sure how much action this really warrants. I'm not a lawyer, maybe I'm way off.

EruditeHobo

But I think it is kind of impressive, that he managed to get so much attention and the countless interviews from big outlets which he got. In addition nearly every gaming channel (also the ones I listen too regularly Easy Allies and Kinda Funny) is sometimes speaking about this matter and therefore do some free promotion for him.

Well, I must admit I do agree with this point. But I would point to another interesting example... you know who else got attention recently? A completely fake high school football team, that just lied about their abilities and talent and history and was still able to arrange a game against one of the best programs in the country and their game was aired on ESPN! They got "attention" too, but they weren't even a real team, they were a bunch of 20 year olds.

I'm just trying to say that, the way media works these days... people can get attention. Even lots of it. Doesn't mean there's substance or credibility behind it.

But also let me reiterate, if there's a Kojima game in here somewhere... don't get me wrong I would be excited. I'm playing that game, guaranteed. So it just comes back to us waiting and seeing what all shakes out of this.

Last edited:
Seems like Sony if hyping the fuck out of this event, even saying lots of stuff going on and can’t wait to share it with us.
So if we can believe them there will be at least some announcements.

IntentionalPun

Maybe it will finally be dumped soon, cause this farce is beyond sad at this point.
It's dwindled to almost nothing at this point.

It will pick back up in however many months it takes Hasan to pull together a real trailer, or his "Playable Prologue" (*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* P.T. *cough*)

SaucyJack

Maybe. I dunno, I'm not sure how much action this really warrants. I'm not a lawyer, maybe I'm way off.

There’s no point in investing in intellectual property, patents, trademarks, etc if you’re not going to enforce them. Large companies like Sony have people who do this as their day job.

IntentionalPun

Why would Sony's legal team even see this nobody's website within a couple of days of it changing?

The "logo" isn't even similar.. Sony doesn't have a patent on black and white letters lol It's barely a "logo" at all... where-as Sony's is.. nobody is going to mistake the words "Blue Box" for the Sony logo.

It's a lame heading on a web site hardly anyone will ever visit.. is not printed on any products... doesn't have a trademark symbol on it.. there's no real "logo" here.

Last edited:

SaucyJack

Why would Sony's legal team even see this nobody's website within a couple of days of it changing?

The "logo" isn't even similar.. Sony doesn't have a patent on black and white letters lol It's barely a "logo" at all... where-as Sony's is.. nobody is going to mistake the words "Blue Box" for the Sony logo.

It's a lame heading on a web site hardly anyone will ever visit.. is not printed on any products... doesn't have a trademark symbol on it.. there's no real "logo" here.

i think you know better than that.

IntentionalPun

i think you know better than that.
What I know is that a significant portion of Team Real's arguments are about someone or some entities inaction to "shut things down" is somehow evidence that something big is going on.

When the more likely reality is because this dude is a fart in the wind, a joke.. nobody important cares lol

Hollowbox

Neo Member
What I know is that a significant portion of Team Real's arguments are about someone or some entities inaction to "shut things down" is somehow evidence that something big is going on.

When the more likely reality is because this dude is a fart in the wind, a joke.. nobody important cares lol
Oh yeah nobody important cares?
Geoff programming the number to reply to Kojima/Abandoned only while Hasan can't sleep or eat??
Shuhei Yoshida not even promoting the game if it's an ''indie''?
Cory Balrog tweeting about the game?
Stop with your delusional arguments lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom