• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I meant in general, just the fact that it's getting visibility and being shared, for example, the guy that is even circulating it on twitter.

It should be obvious that it's fake.
True and it happens every year - some years the "fake" documents are real close to what we see in the events tho' :)

THE:MILKMAN

Now that I google it.. I guess that had nothing to do with AI-Hub..

It was audio from the Mark Delaney interview not AI-hub.

And yes he commented on it. He did an AMA of sorts about it, you can see people on reddit talking about it here:

Can't see the replies referring to this leak on Reddit now its closed but it doesn't really matter. The phone interviews themselves were all odd anyway and along with the brief hostage videos Hasan put out just adds to the oddness.

I would just like one of these game journos that have all insisted Hasan/BBGS/Abandoned is real to you know acquire/request a brief video from Hasan to show his 10 devs beavering away in the studio. Is that too much to ask?

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Youtube Video GIF by tyler oakley

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Can't see the replies referring to this leak on Reddit now its closed but it doesn't really matter. The phone interviews themselves were all odd anyway and along with the brief hostage videos Hasan put out just adds to the oddness.

I would just like one of these game journos that have all insisted Hasan/BBGS/Abandoned is real to you know acquire/request a brief video from Hasan to show his 10 devs beavering away in the studio. Is that too much to ask?

Schreier asked Hasan about access to his Team and he said:

But the conversation raised many more questions. Kahraman would not make other members of his team available for interviews and would only identify one, who didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Jason is basically saying w/o saying it in this interview that he seriously doubts the man has a team lol

I believe Hasan has also responded to people asking him why he never provided the video of his team he promised and he used the "they are scared" excuse.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Jason is basically saying w/o saying it in this interview that he seriously doubts the man has a team lol

I believe Hasan has also responded to people asking him why he never provided the video of his team he promised and he used the "they are scared" excuse.
To be fair, the last time Jason saw a new team he tried to cancel them. 🤷‍♂️

THE:MILKMAN

Exactly. Hence why I and others believe something else is afoot here. I simply don't believe a single person like Hasan (in so much as he's presented himself) could get away with what we have seen for so long with zero comeback thus far.

No way would Sony/Epic/Konami to name three allow such a loser to use their names with such, shall we say....Abandon. IMO.

bitbydeath

Again.. Kojima's trailer hasn't been shown..

I do agree it's a bit overkill, but it's also probably the biggest PS Exclusive coming out the rest of this year. Which is kinda shit, but it's where we are at w/ Horizon delay.

I hope it's something more interesting than that; and honestly the weird part is Kojima spending all this time talking about a trailer anyways.. and do agree there's a possibility of it being more than he is letting on. But we have no idea what that "more than he is letting on" would be in the first place.
But the question you’re not asking yourself is why does it need to exist? What could it add? And why present it in lead-up to Sony’s big conference.

Not to mention this is the one you’ve been saying is his shortest trailer ever or he’s joking and it’s his longest, either seem unlikely.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Again.. Kojima's trailer hasn't been shown..

I do agree it's a bit overkill, but it's also probably the biggest PS Exclusive coming out the rest of this year. Which is kinda shit, but it's where we are at w/ Horizon delay.

I hope it's something more interesting than that; and honestly the weird part is Kojima spending all this time talking about a trailer anyways.. and do agree there's a possibility of it being more than he is letting on. But we have no idea what that "more than he is letting on" would be in the first place.
Maybe death stranding 2 announcement.

IntentionalPun

But the question you’re not asking yourself is why does it need to exist? What could it add? And why present it in lead-up to Sony’s big conference.

I mean.. it's a launch trailer.. the game is launching literally when he is releasing the trailer lol

For me it is stange, that Kojima is releasing the Death Stranding DC trailer before the showcase. I am sure Sony could have just increased the length of the showcase especially when it is for Kojima. So I think there is a strong possibility that Kojima will reveal his next project at the Showcase. I mean I don't really believe Kojima's next project will be Microsoft exclusive, because nearly every photo in the morning he posts show the Sony logo prominently, showing his love for Sony products. And all things point to it being Abandoned related.

Nothing about Hasan and his actions make sense, even if he is a fraud, it would only make sense if there is more behind it.
I am trying to play devils advocate now:

1. How is Hasan making money:
Theory: He gets funded by the government...
My opinion: It is not possible that a government will pay a 1 man studio for 6 years money without any real outcome (governments are sometimes dumb, but not that dumb).

Theory: He found a private investor:
My opinion: Who in the world would not check his past work before investing money. And when someone sees what his outcome was until this point, there is no way they would invest in him.

Theory: He has a daytime job and does not get any money from no one.
My opinion: Why would he spend so much of his time on making the teaser, making the app and even pay some money to Nuare. Is it just to piss the internet of? Highly unlikely.

2. His name translates to Hideo.
There is now way he extra changed his name for this whole thing and if not, it has to be a big cooincidence (chances of around 1/300).

3. He changed his profile picture to a small island, which is what Kojima means on Japanese.
Sure it is possible that this is another thing he did to get attention and play into this whole thing, but I think it is unlikely that he ever heard what Kojima means or does have enough knowledge about Japanese names to know that they nearly always have some meaning.

4. He tweets always according to Japanese time.
It is plausible that he is busy during the day and program until late in the night any tweet then, but it is rather unlikely that this always happens and the timing is also suspicious.

5. We nearly never saw him except for 2 short videos and some photos.
I think it is rather odd that a wannabe CEO of a company is not showing more of himself and has a nearly non existing social media life.

6. Why is his team not present, don't want to show themselves or have no social medial life.
I think at this point we can all agree that this is a big lie and he is working alone.

7. How did he get the interviews, but none of these interviews was able to clarify everything.
While it is possible that internet personalities and outlets wanted to interview him because he get a lot of media attention, I think it is very unlikely. Regarding the outcome of these interviews, while it is possible that he is just not good at giving interviews, it is strange that nearly everyone who interviews him is confused afterwards and don't want to share much about it.

8. How comes not Sony nor Kojima is saying anything about it. I hear theories that he is too small, so they just ignore him, but why should they. Team fake is arguing he is not hurting Sonys reputation, but many people already start to blame Sony for not coming out and say anything about his trolling with his app. Sony is not stupid, they see what is going on and they would have said something about it at this point and not just tweet some suspicious tweets avout the whole thing. And yes Kojima would care, if he gets addressed as an obvious fraud the whole time and would at least tweeted or responded once, that he is not related to the whole thing.

I could go on and on, but the message is many (too many) unlikely things would need to come together to make the narrative that he is just a fraud plausible.

I might just be losing my mind as the Playstation event draws near, but the president of Bluepoint Games, Marco Thrush, has a very similar voice and cadence to Hasan. Had this video on in the background and it sounded familiar. It's timestamped where he starts talking.

I feel that with today's technology everything is possible. Perhaps he or another person played Hasan and they used some deepfake technology to change his face and modified the voice slightly.

IntentionalPun

even pay some money to Nuare. Is it just to piss the internet of?
Maybe y'all missed it, but Nuare did a blog post indicating they launched a program to help/invest in indies, and do game development.

As I said earlier in the thread, thinking Hasan paid Nuare a bunch of money is not the only option; and that blog post makes me think 100% that Nuare offered Hasan help, likely due to all the attention he was getting.

Whether they are sticking with him, or will, after he likely fails to deliver is another question lol

They are idiots for ignoring all of the smoke coming off that trash heap if they really did offer Hasan help.

Last edited:

Plastic Train

Neo Member
I feel that with today's technology everything is possible. Perhaps he or another person played Hasan and they used some deepfake technology to change his face and modified the voice slightly.
yep. the Hasan "I am a real person" twitter videos probably would have been slightly pitch shifted, but to my ears, the leaked Hasan phone call voice sounds even more similar.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I've been pretty busy and unable to follow the thread for at least a week. Did they announce there next drop for the real time trailers app? Do we still only have the 3 seconds of walking footage?

Hasan is a very real person as we know from public records for Bluebox.
There is a name registered but not a face or a voice.
We also didn't know enough about the registration system, how strict they are about identity verification mechanisms. Perhaps they even allow you to use an alias on the public records.

If a big corporation like Sony is behind it, I am sure they can find a way to get the name in the system.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

We also didn't know enough about the registration system, how strict they are about identity verification mechanisms. Perhaps they even allow you to use an alias on the public records.
That's ridiculous to suggest lol; his Kickstarter would also have verified his identity since it's a fraud magnet.

baphomet

If a big corporation like Sony is behind it, I am sure they can find a way to get the name in the system.

😂😂😂

Just no.

And no, Sony or not, the Dutch government isn't forging documents for a stupid fucking game.

Seems like team fake are experts when it comes to create a company in the Netherlands. I cannot find information about the Netherlands, but a quick google search shows that at least in America it is possible to opening a company using an alias to keep your real identity hidden. I would expect there is also such a possibility in the Netherlands. Additionally I am sure Kickstarter will check that you are a real person, but I am sure it is also possible to ask Kickstarter to now show your real name in the campaign and use an alias.

We even know that Kojima productions have a satellite studio in the Netherlands, so I am sure it is possible for them to create another company, but have an alias in the public information. As far as I checked that is also not a gray zone and some companies do that.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Hermen normally only tweets about first party releases but he seems to be a big fan of Death Stranding,maybe we'll see Kojimas next project soon.

Last edited:

Hermen normally only tweets about first party releases but he seems to be a big fan of Death Stranding,maybe we'll see Kojimas next project soon.

Death Stranding is a Sony owned IP, so he would definitely be promoting it. That and the close relationship with KojiPro make this quite obvious :messenger_grinning:

Having said that, yeah, it's been a while since DS was released, Kojima has to be working on something else and 100% sure Herman is in the know. Let's now see if it is indeed SH related.

ParaSeoul

Death Stranding is a Sony owned IP, so he would definitely be promoting it. That and the close relationship with KojiPro make this quite obvious :messenger_grinning:

Having said that, yeah, it's been a while since DS was released, Kojima has to be working on something else and 100% sure Herman is in the know. Let's now see if it is indeed SH related.
Weird that Sony own the IP,wonder if Kojima let that happen by choice or if its the same thing Sony tried to do to Insomniac Games with Sunset Overdrive.

SaucyJack

Weird that Sony own the IP,wonder if Kojima let that happen by choice or if its the same thing Sony tried to do to Insomniac Games with Sunset Overdrive.

It’s not that weird. Sony, having learned the hard way with Crash and Spyro, make it a requirement that they own the ip for projects that they fund.

It was pretty much Sony bankrolling KojiPro into existence, so not weird at all. No way they would finance a creation of a new studio, years of development work and even treat KP as an internal studio, offering the Decima engine and all to then have the title go multiplat.
This is probably the core reasons why I find this BS of Kojima working with Microsoft extremely doubtful.

Time will tell though.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm just saying its weird Kojima took that deal,I doubt Sony was the only party interested back then.
I think Kojima wanted start up capital to get the company off the ground and he has had a very good relationship with Sony. It seems a good match and makes sense. Sometimes you're better off with the devil you know. If Kojima was primarily making Nintendo games, I'm sure he would have gone Nintendo, likewise with Xbox regardless of the offers made.

ParaSeoul

It was pretty much Sony bankrolling KojiPro into existence, so not weird at all. No way they would finance a creation of a new studio, years of development work and even treat KP as an internal studio, offering the Decima engine and all to then have the title go multiplat.
Sometimes you're better off with the devil you know.
But after all that Kojipro is still independent,why not just go full first party? We don't know for sure but Sony probably have a pretty big stake in them already.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Maybe he just likes good games for which production Sony paid a lot of money and used his engine

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I took him saying “multi-talented” as maybe him refering to Kojima as working on Death Stranding and another secret game.
I think he meant Kojima's varied expertise. Production, direction, design, writing, cinematics, etc.

Kojima is obviously working on secret shit all the time. lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom