• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dotnotbot

Official Konami shop just got updated:

BBy3vlk.png

Official Konami Shop

"We created the worlds. We helped build the memories. And now, we’re delivering the loot."

They've licensed all 3 games to Sony. Kojima is counseling Blue Point on MGS and doing Silent Hills with the "satellite studio" in Netherlands.

Damn, that MGS merch is super disappointing. What the hell Konami, couldn't you put some cool art on those shirts? Just MGS logo and exclamation mark? WTF

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The funny thing is, why did Kojima show this segment in the trailer? The crab walking upside down. The whale swimming upside down. There are major clues for both MGS and Silent Hill in two segments in that trailer. Listen to the music from the first trailer - that's "MGS" music. The light flickering in the "Silent Hill" segment.
No. It's just Death Stranding themes and a little scare at the end.
Kojima did not edit that trailer anyway

8BiTw0LF

Banned
No. It's just Death Stranding themes and a little scare at the end.
Kojima did not edit that trailer anyway
Bullshit! That's MGS and Silent Hill teasers.
He didn't do the trailer by himself - correct, but of course he and his team made it together.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Bullshit! That's MGS and Silent Hill teasers.
He's didn't do the trailer by himself - correct, but of course he and his team made it together.
I am not sure if you are joking right now. I hope so.
I don't see anything about that being related to mgs or sh except the previous DS trailer with the box but thats obvious

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I am not sure if you are joking right now. I hope so.
I don't see anything about that being related to mgs or sh except the previous DS trailer with the box but thats obvious
I'm not sure if YOU are joking, lol!
I don't see any of those segments being related to Death Stranding - at all.

trikster40

BBy3vlk.png

Official Konami Shop

"We created the worlds. We helped build the memories. And now, we’re delivering the loot."

They've licensed all 3 games to Sony. Kojima is counseling Blue Point on MGS and doing Silent Hills with the "satellite studio" in Netherlands.
Not sure if you’re joking or not, but the timing of this (3 days before the Sony event) is another “coincidence”…right?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
What are you even talking about? It's not Silent Hill, he IS a scammer in that he was taking real money for a trash/non-functioning product, and I don't care if the thread stays open or doesn't. Otherwie we wouldn't have this hilarious record of some of the stupidest people on the internet.
You might need to be renamed to Mr Satan after all of this.

images

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

BBy3vlk.png

Official Konami Shop

I bought two items from their store. One of them is the Silent Hill mat and I’m trying to return it. Terrible quality for the price they wanted for it. I tried asking for a return 3 times now. I think people are getting suckered in. I realize this is about Abandoned, but that’s who these people are. They sell crap for a high price out of some random warehouse located somewhere thousands of miles away from wherever. I think they have a bunch of bad businessmen running their IPs into the ground. I think they’re scamming their fans into buying overpriced merchandise because they slap their famous games decals on the item. Those phone cases are just cheap plastic phone cases you can buy on eBay for a fraction of the cost. It’s $30+ because they put a logo affiliated with their game on the case. It’s makes me think of going to the theater and paying $5 for a soda. People pay that high of a price because where else do you get soda in such a short notice.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Al Hub probably had to sign an NDA, before interviewing Hasan. Everything were so fishy about that interview. Sponsored by Konami and the obedience not to air anything from the interview. What the hell did Hasan say, that had the power to shut up Al Hub?
Maybe the AI code broke mid-interview. Hasan has been under a lot of stress.

What do you mean? A lot of indies were in showcases before!
Good one. You nailed it, that is exactly the kind of response I would expect now from team fake. I am sure if there are undies in this showcase they have been handpicked by Sony because they have something really remarkable.

So is team fake really do stupid to believe that Sony is not aware what was going on and would still think this is a serious developer…

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky

BBy3vlk.png

Official Konami Shop

So…nothing to do with BlueBox…? The entire point of this thread…

I'm just patiently waiting for Thurday when nothing connecting Abandoned to SH, MGS or Kojima will be revealed, and the new deadline is set.
Rofl, so the tweet from AlHub is not true or a big coincidence? I am looking forward to Thursday to see Team Fake trying to explain that what we saw is not Abandoned related…

It’s a nice made Fake and seems plausible. It would also make sense that they don’t reveal the titles on this sheet in case it leaks. If it is true, I think we can all agree that we can exchange the name Hasan with Kojima, because no one believes Hasan has a relationship with Konami or would be featured so prominently.

But on the other hand I feel the allocated time for Hasan and the world premiere would be much too short. 2 minutes including a teaser reveal?

But then again if it’s Fake this person would have also allocated more time..
I don’t know, we will see if it turns out to be real. If it’s real we get Silent Hill followed by MGS Remake it seems.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That's either real, or a very intelligently put-together fake.

Interesting.

Guessing the intended inference is that Hasan is fronting the Silent Hill reboot and Bluepoint have the MGS reboot.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Look, lets just dispense with all the drama and speculation and look at things from an objective, business standpoint.

Say what you like about Konami, but they are a well-run business from a stake-holder standpoint. They backed off from AAA game-dev and their profits went up. The reason why they've let their legacy franchises slide is pretty obvious: they couldn't figure out a way to monetize them sufficiently.

Silent Hill is not a franchise that lends itself to mtx and GaaS monetization. Metal Gear does but Kojima's acrimonious departure and the dismal failure of Survive to do anything critically or sales-wise pretty much demanded a re-think.

If you think about it, Sony offering to cut them a deal structured similarly to what they offered Kojima is a win-win for both parties. Sony funds, gets console exclusivity and leaves them the option to also offer it on PC after a time. Konami gets a refresh to its franchises with minimal risk, Sony gets two fan favourite legacy properties back on its platform -properties that fit very neatly with their present line-up- and if these prove profitable ventures there's a solid partnership going forwards to revisit other back-catalog IP like Castlevania.

Why wouldn't such a deal be unable be able to be worked out? Especially as Sony have already shown a willingness to do the exact same sort of deal with Kojima and I think very significantly with SE over Final Fantasy.

Faithless83

Banned
You guys don’t be shocked if Sony got the rights to Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania, and put Kojima in charge of getting them squared away.
WastefulGroundedLiger-size_restricted.gif

Look, lets just dispense with all the drama and speculation and look at things from an objective, business standpoint.

Say what you like about Konami, but they are a well-run business from a stake-holder standpoint. They backed off from AAA game-dev and their profits went up. The reason why they've let their legacy franchises slide is pretty obvious: they couldn't figure out a way to monetize them sufficiently.

Silent Hill is not a franchise that lends itself to mtx and GaaS monetization. Metal Gear does but Kojima's acrimonious departure and the dismal failure of Survive to do anything critically or sales-wise pretty much demanded a re-think.

If you think about it, Sony offering to cut them a deal structured similarly to what they offered Kojima is a win-win for both parties. Sony funds, gets console exclusivity and leaves them the option to also offer it on PC after a time. Konami gets a refresh to its franchises with minimal risk, Sony gets two fan favourite legacy properties back on its platform -properties that fit very neatly with their present line-up- and if these prove profitable ventures there's a solid partnership going forwards to revisit other back-catalog IP like Castlevania.

Why wouldn't such a deal be unable be able to be worked out? Especially as Sony have already shown a willingness to do the exact same sort of deal with Kojima and I think very significantly with SE over Final Fantasy.
Pretty much everyone on team real raised that question at some point.
Also,. the SOTN port on PS4 was a partnership:

But hey, get out of here with facts and let TeamFake ride on drama.

Top Bottom