• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kyliethicc

I'm just saying its weird Kojima took that deal,I doubt Sony was the only party interested back then.

Also, I'll add
- PlayStation & Kojima are Japanese (unlike Xbox, EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc)
- his type of games don't fit at Nintendo
- other Japanese publishers (Capcom, Square, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc) can't offer same budget & tech as Sony
- Andrew House, who was PlayStation CEO, speaks fluent Japanese
- Mark Cerny, producer on DS, also speaks fluent Japanese and took him around the globe to tour studios & tech
- Guerrilla gave him their entire engine code, unprompted, at GDC
- Sony have a huge user base to sell games to
- most of Kojima's games were PS exclusives previously
- they gave him a huge budget for actors, tech, marketing
- they gave him creative freedom & control
- they gave him world class tech & support
- they gave him special treatment (for his ego) like the E3 entrance, the PC port, etc
- he mentioned that Sony didn't require him to do any pictches/demos before the deal
- Andrew House was clearly very intent on signing Kojima (great terms?)
- Kojima doesn't give a fuck about owning IP (he never has owned any of his games' IP)

Last edited:
But after all that Kojipro is still independent,why not just go full first party? We don't know for sure but Sony probably have a pretty big stake in them already.
Well, exactly, that's the $1M question right?

I would guess Kojima was really looking for independence and creative freedom after the way things went down with Konami. I imagine we could be looking into an Insomniac type of situation and let some time pass, run a few projects until the safety of a Playstation Studios banner (with the freedom Sony studios are usually benefiting from) might be a tempting proposal.

For KojiPro to go first party you need both sides to really want it :messenger_winking:

Don't you think we have enough "clues" already?
giphy.gif

MastaKiiLA

Holy shit. This is still going?

Has there been some new info since that last 2 second trailer?
This thread now exists for the sake of existing. It's become completely self-sustaining, irrespective of actual announcements pertaining to the game. It's only a matter of time before this thread becomes self-aware, and starts cannibalizing the rest of the forum to feed it's thirst for knowledge. Even if Kojiima isn't behind the game, this self-propelled thread will will it into being. On that day, we will be victorious.

Stoneberg7

Neo Member
This thread now exists for the sake of existing. It's become completely self-sustaining, irrespective of actual announcements pertaining to the game. It's only a matter of time before this thread becomes self-aware, and starts cannibalizing the rest of the forum to feed it's thirst for knowledge. Even if Kojiima isn't behind the game, this self-propelled thread will will it into being. On that day, we will be victorious.
THE PATRIOTS!

Kdad

You posted an old irrelevant tweet.
I must parse english differently...seems completely relevant

In DIRECT response to a question about 'Abandoned' he says, on Sept 7:

As I always say, I would NEVER spoil a team's game reveal. EVER. Me saying 'I heard Abandon is showing' is not me dropping news (again, would not do that). I'm saying "I heard" as in, "I read it on the internet somewhere". Just to be clear.

This is some GAF -> Jaffe - > GAF shit not industry insider insight.

#teamreal #teamcgi

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I must parse english differently...seems completely relevant

In DIRECT response to a question about 'Abandoned' he says, on Sept 7:

As I always say, I would NEVER spoil a team's game reveal. EVER. Me saying 'I heard Abandon is showing' is not me dropping news (again, would not do that). I'm saying "I heard" as in, "I read it on the internet somewhere". Just to be clear.

This is some GAF -> Jaffe - > GAF shit not industry insider insight.

#teamreal #teamcgi
That comment came before he said it.

Edit: OK, I’m wrong, I thought that comment was much older. Just one source then.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That comment came before he said it.

Edit: OK, I’m wrong, I thought that comment was much older. Just one source then.
You are such a bullshitter dude lol..

And lol@AI Hub as an "industry source".. also.. conveniently he didn't actually mention Abandoned.

I commend the guy for getting a couple interesting interviews (not Hasan though), but come on now..

Last edited:

bitbydeath

You are such a bullshitter dude lol..

And lol@AI Hub as an "industry source".. also.. conveniently he didn't actually mention Abandoned.

I commend the guy for getting a couple interesting interviews (not Hasan though), but come on now..
He’s had direct contact with Hasan, and isn’t just a random YouTuber. He’s also conducted interviews with other Silent Hill staff, the composer I think it was.

Me twicw

Neo Member
I have had a thought today:

I was thinking "many times things are leaked before an event like this. Howrever, with the Abandoned issue we just talk about they want us to talk about. They keep very well the secret. "

Could be that one of the reasons why the decided the app thing (apart from showing features like 3d sound and stuff). Like it is more controled than a video clip that could be leaked easily.
So if they want to hide it so well maybe it is cause it,s a very know franchise (just like Sillent Hills an Metal Gear).
Also the previous tons of facts.

Waht do you think guys about this idea. It,s just silly?

Lets go #teamreal . Tomorrow is the day!✊

Faithless83

Banned
What about "kojima shortest trailer", or was it the world's shortest trailer?
Was it the Abandoned teaser? The Death Stranding DC trailer is not short, nor his shortest I believe.

Last edited:

Kdad

What could those 5GB be other than shitty assets....🤔....and would it help the server's if people had unwittingly downloaded tomorrow's trailers ahead of time? 🤔

Does 5GB make sense for 3 4k 2minute trailers?

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

What could those 5GB be other than shitty assets....🤔....and would it help the server's if people had unwittingly downloaded tomorrow's trailers ahead of time? 🤔

Does 5GB make sense for 3 4k 2minute trailers?
I think Hasan claims in his FAQ the 5GB is for the full length trailer but they had to limit it to 4 seconds because of "technical" reasons. Though surely that should fixed by now so why not update it?

Faithless83

Banned
Top Bottom