• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCermak

They are hardly reshowing the trailer released yesterday on tonight's show. Why release it earlier? That was the last DS trailer being made as Kojima tweeted. Weird huh?

Something new? 🤔😉

Maybe is part of the discussion with developers after the presentation
If he's showing up at all, this would be a disappointing result. Abandoned related or not (I'm thinking not?) getting hyped for a new Kojima joint only to learn it's a dev-talk type segment about DS Director's Cut would make me sad.

Loved Death Stranding, and may get around to the Director's Cut someday, but :-(....

trying not to laugh GIF

Anxiously awaiting the "reveal"

How swiftly will goalposts be moved?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Getting ready to go live today, Notice its a Sony TV below the obvious Kojima Productions logo on his hoodie.

Either they show some more stuff relating to Death stranding, or he announces his involvement with a project in collaboration with sony. Pretty sure its the ladder.

WHOA! So the thought is, the person that took this picture is in the room with him?

Papacheeks

Banned
WHOA! So the thought is, the person that took this picture is in the room with him?

I mean someone else is doing his hair, he's getting ready to go live or record a bit about his projects. And his office/Studio is literally across the street From Sony/Playstation. So yes I bet someone there from Sony is there in the room PR wise to make sure things work well.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I mean someone else is doing his hair, he's getting ready to go live or record a bit about his projects. And his office/Studio is literally across the street From Sony/Playstation. So yes I bet someone there from Sony is there in the room PR wise to make sure things work well.

This I didn't know! Why would he want to work with MS at this point (given this information)?

Papacheeks

Banned
This I didn't know! Why would he want to work with MS at this point (given this information)?

From what I know Kojima productions had a bunch of projects in the works. But one of them is kind of a experiment, similar to his GBA Boktai 2 solar Boy. He wants to do something cutting edge in terms of interactivity and delivery. Knowing MS's reach and MS's investment in cloud tech he wants to do a project that utilized that system.

Sony was uninterested from what I hear. But also in the world of Game studios, going to another publisher ups to anti for previous companies you are close with to get sweaty feet and come to an agreement or new contract that sweetens the pot.

It's a tactic used for getting more money for your studio, or bargaining chip that you will do business elsewhere. I don't know if its been negotiated to have Sony buy Kojima Productions, I believe it was talked about. But Kojima like shis independence, so he could still be working on MS's project while also taking a contract with SOny.

Bluepoint did this with Titanfall and other remasters for other companies while working with Sony. If your independent you can have multiple contracts. Like Platinum Games who has too many IMHO.

But he will make a announcement about his involvement with Sony on "some" projects. or He could be announcing his merging with Sony.

THE:MILKMAN

Doesn't Decima engine use/partnership practically make KP Sony exclusive?

I would be surprised if KP were allowed to make games for other systems with it and doubt they would use additional game engines (or make their own).

Dick Jones

Gold Member

I would be surprised if KP were allowed to make games for other systems with it and doubt they would use additional game engines (or make their own).
It would be poor form from KJP to continue using it for a non PS game. GG gave them the code with no strings attached and unprompted.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

No Kojima Productions made a contract with Sony for Death Stranding. Being as Sony helped him get his project started by literally giving him a engine to use. Remember when he was touring around all the Playstation studios? He was looking at what they used.

Sony's agreement is Death Stranding console wise stays on Playstation but Kojima owns the IP so after a period of time he brought it to Steam/PC. Notice developer is Kojima Productions, and 505 the publisher.

He has a great relationship with Sony, he also is Independent so he can take projects they reject to other places if he wants. But I wonder if Sony made a deal with him and makes a merger with Kojima Productions on the cotingent he makes games exclusively for Playstation studios but can keep the rights to his IP's?

I can see that deal happening as Herman Hulst is close with Kojima.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Sony's agreement is Death Stranding console wise stays on Playstation but Kojima owns the IP so after a period of time he brought it to Steam/PC. Notice developer is Kojima Productions, and 505 the publisher.
Sony is the owner of the IP.
From the Steam page:
PC version published by 505 Games. ©2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. DEATH STRANDING is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Created and developed by KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. 505 Games and the 505 Games logo are registered trademarks of 505 Games S.P.A. Appearance in this game does not imply sponsorship or endorsement. © 2020 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Half-Life, the Half-Life logo, Portal, the Portal logo, and the Lambda logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.

No Kojima Productions made a contract with Sony for Death Stranding. Being as Sony helped him get his project started by literally giving him a engine to use. Remember when he was touring around all the Playstation studios? He was looking at what they used.

That is what I was referring to. I would be very surprised if Sony would be cool for Kojima/KP to use the engine for e.g. a Microsoft game, no matter how friendly Kojima is with Hulst.

I get that KP like their independence but that would be where I think the line would be drawn for Sony.

Andodalf

Banned

Why would they not make their own engine? The Fox engine was amazing and losing it was one of the worst parts of the breakup

Papacheeks

Banned
They bankrolled his celeb fantasy. That's all he wanted. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yea, and gave him a free engine and access to all their toys like mo-cap studios. I mean it kind of makes sense why Kojima didnt make a giant stink and take Konami to court after the bad break up. i think at his age in his career he's accomplished a lot so, ownership of IP means little to him as he now is more of a one off project guy. I dont think he's going to be making lots of sequels. unless he wants to.

But looking at how creative he is, would not be surprised if he makes more one off games going forward.

Why would they not make their own engine? The Fox engine was amazing and losing it was one of the worst parts of the breakup

I guess time, money and resources? Not to mention Konami own Fox. Also Kojima doesn't have the skills himself. He is an artist/ideas man but obsessively involves himself in every detail of his games.

If he's showing up at all, this would be a disappointing result. Abandoned related or not (I'm thinking not?) getting hyped for a new Kojima joint only to learn it's a dev-talk type segment about DS Director's Cut would make me sad.

Loved Death Stranding, and may get around to the Director's Cut someday, but :-(....
This.

If it's Death Stranding related I'm going to sober up immediately. Give us something new.

Corndog

Banned
Team fake should be really concerned now, the truth will be out there. Unfortunately the event is 5 in the morning here in Japan, so when I later watch it during the day there will be only team real members here, while Team Fake is already long gone.
I’m sure team fake would be devastated if team reals tin foil hats are correct. So devastated that I would have to go buy me a bottle of Dr Pepper and drink it. I would survive somehow though.

Top Bottom