• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Those dudes worked 60 hours on that song and never got paid lol

Hasan had people offering to work for him last summer during all of the hype, promised to pay them later, then just ghosts them.

The actions of a AAA dev doing an ARG for sure.

Also "we had someone else work on it".. the trailer song was found online, it was on a web site offering a non exclusive license for it for cheap lol

Last edited:
Those dudes worked 60 hours on that song and never got paid lol

Hasan had people offering to work for him last summer during all of the hype, promised to pay them later, then just ghosts them.

The actions of a AAA dev doing an ARG for sure.

Also "we had someone else work on it".. the trailer song was found online, it was on a web site offering a non exclusive license for it for cheap lol
Straight from the Kojima playbook. Beg an amateur for work, then after they bust their ass on it, don't pay them and don't use their work, and then fight publicly about it on Twitter.

ron-swanson-gif-20.gif

TidusYuna

One does not simply have the last name Kahraman which is Turkish for Kojima. #TeamReal4LIfe

Edit: "Kahraman" translates to "Hideo" not "Kojima"

realteamshit-real.gif

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: K2D

THE:MILKMAN

I see a journo from Gamer NL has talked to Hasan on the phone and run an article but again it is a big WTF. Only ever in contact via phone. As I understand it, the Gamer NL office is like 30 minutes from Leiden where Blue Box are supposed to be based so why not just visit the damn place and film a video or take pics of the team or confirm it fake/scam?

Here is an article about Hello Games from 2014 when they were just a 10-person team in one room: https://www.theverge.com/2014/7/1/5860418/behind-the-scenes-at-hello-games-makers-of-no-mans-sky So tiny indies do get visits from even big outlets.

The fact a local Dutch journo is only in contact via phone is a pretty big red flag IMO but no journalist will call Blue Box out. The journo here even stated on Era they'll leave their own opinion out of the post....WHY!? and WHY even state this specific point?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: K2D
I see a journo from Gamer NL has talked to Hasan on the phone and run an article but again it is a big WTF. Only ever in contact via phone. As I understand it, the Gamer NL office is like 30 minutes from Leiden where Blue Box are supposed to be based so why not just visit the damn place and film a video or take pics of the team or confirm it fake/scam?

Here is an article about Hello Games from 2014 when they were just a 10-person team in one room: https://www.theverge.com/2014/7/1/5860418/behind-the-scenes-at-hello-games-makers-of-no-mans-sky So tiny indies do get visits from even big outlets.

The fact a local Dutch journo is only in contact via phone is a pretty big red flag IMO but no journalist will call Blue Box out. The journo here even stated on Era they'll leave their own opinion out of the post....WHY!? and WHY even state this specific point?
I read what he had to say. He’s a moron writing for a site that wants clicks. He’s also possibly a team realer. He said he didn’t push Hasan or ask anything because it was an “info piece” and this guy still thinks it’s something more.
Hasan agreed to it precisely because they didn’t drive over and visit, because if they did, they’d find out he’s living in his mom’s basement and he’s the only developer working on Abandoned.

IntentionalPun

You talking about the guy who posted about this a year ago?

It was all during the pandemic, phone/email interviews sort of became the norm.. not that they were super abnormal before, but hardly anyone was doing visits in early 2021 when that guy called Hasan for that interview for the NL magazine. However, obviously Hasan has no "office" either.. so this was quite convenient for him.

He likely left his opinion out probably because journalists are afraid to look bad bashing some random indie, so it's easier to just sweep under the rug and ignore, because in the end.. this story died 8-9 months ago.

A big expose on "lying Hasan" might bring some clicks but none of these people want to be the person who got it wrong, especially w/ Hasan so quick to resorting to claiming he got death threats. Only big companies are a target for journos because you can attack them and nobody cares about thinking of them as a "victim."

Last edited:

I read what he had to say. He’s a moron writing for a site that wants clicks. He’s also possibly a team realer. He said he didn’t push Hasan or ask anything because it was an “info piece” and this guy still thinks it’s something more.
Hasan agreed to it precisely because they didn’t drive over and visit, because if they did, they’d find out he’s living in his mom’s basement and he’s the only developer working on Abandoned.

Surprisingly I see there are now a few people on the Era thread calling him to do more than just print Hasan's updates.

You talking about the guy who posted about this a year ago?

It was all during the pandemic, phone/email interviews sort of became the norm.. not that they were super abnormal before, but hardly anyone was doing visits in early 2021 when that guy called Hasan for that interview for the NL magazine. However, obviously Hasan has no "office" either.. so this was quite convenient for him.

He likely left his opinion out probably because journalists are afraid to look bad bashing some random indie, so it's easier to just sweep under the rug and ignore, because in the end.. this story died 8-9 months ago.

A big expose on "lying Hasan" might bring some clicks but none of these people want to be the person who got it wrong, especially w/ Hasan so quick to resorting to claiming he got death threats. Only big companies are a target for journos because you can attack them and nobody cares about thinking of them as a "victim."

No, I'm just talking about this phone call Gamer NL did today. The Pandemic restrictions haven't been a barrier/excuse for a long time now so shouldn't be a factor. There are tonnes of question marks and red flags about BB and Hasan and I don't think it wrong to expect very local game media to pay a visit (or Hasan visit Gamer NL office).

I'm not interested in a exposé, just a real world visit to confirm what is going on. Shouldn't be difficult if Hasan is legit.

IntentionalPun

No, I'm just talking about this phone call Gamer NL did today. The Pandemic restrictions haven't been a barrier/excuse for a long time now so shouldn't be a factor. There are tonnes of question marks and red flags about BB and Hasan and I don't think it wrong to expect very local game media to pay a visit (or Hasan visit Gamer NL office).

I'm not interested in a exposé, just a real world visit to confirm what is going on. Shouldn't be difficult if Hasan is legit.

Oh gotcha; was confused as it sounded like the same stuff the guy from a physical magazine said a year ago.

FWIW I doubt "Gamer.NL" has an office either? These web sites are rinky dink ops and the "writers" often not even paid.

Either way nobody web sites using Abandoned for clicks have to hid their opinions of Hasan otherwise he wont let them use him for clicks next time lol

skit_data

I find it more and more improbable that they’d come back for more after getting smacked down so many, many, many times.

Either Hasan is an idiot beyond human conprehension or this is more than just a simple scam dev.

bitbydeath

Hasan agreed to it precisely because they didn’t drive over and visit, because if they did, they’d find out he’s really Kojima.

KramerThumbsUpgif.gif

FWIW I doubt "Gamer.NL" has an office either?

Possibly/probably not but there are freelance journalists locally so a meet-up shouldn't be an issue.

My biggest beef with all this is the fact that Abandoned was treated initially as many other indie games (with a PlayStation blog article etc) but then Geoff highlighted it then quickly nope'd out never to speak of it again, closely followed by gamings biggest investigative journo to contact Hasan and do a big piece on the whole "mystery" to also nope out never to speak of it again.

That isn't normal and is why I and probably many others continue to talk about and keep up to speed with BB/Abandoned/Hasan.

IntentionalPun

Possibly/probably not but there are freelance journalists locally so a meet-up shouldn't be an issue.

My biggest beef with all this is the fact that Abandoned was treated initially as many other indie games (with a PlayStation blog article etc) but then Geoff highlighted it then quickly nope'd out never to speak of it again, closely followed by gamings biggest investigative journo to contact Hasan and do a big piece on the whole "mystery" to also nope out never to speak of it again.

That isn't normal and is why I and probably many others continue to talk about and keep up to speed with BB/Abandoned/Hasan.

The dude contacted Geoff, Geoff sees hype, Geoff's entire job is to get hype for his game shows/videos... so he gets involved, as did Jason. They both quickly saw it snowballing into this guy being an attention whore who doesn't deserve it and they noped out. Jason basically said he wants to move on as he's gotten / taken too much attention away from real indies.

Both Geoff and Jason probably felt like idiots in general getting involved.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

The dude contacted Geoff, Geoff sees hype, Geoff's entire job is to get hype for his game shows/videos... so he gets involved, as did Jason. They both quickly saw it snowballing into this guy being an attention whore who doesn't deserve it and they noped out. Jason basically said he wants to move on as he's gotten / taken too much attention away from real indies.

Both Geoff and Jason probably felt like idiots in general getting involved.
It’s not easy coming away, knowing you’ve been fooled by a bot.

200.gif

SkylineRKR

That guy from Gamer.NL is a freelancer who works or worked for various well known outlets including printed mags. The reason they dropped him is because he doesn't have anything. I wouldn't give him exposure either, and certainly not waste a visit. Its not a good outlook for any outlet, hyping this shit up. Geoff was wise to bury it. I'd do the same. They know more than we do, they actually contacted him, they might've offered him stuff, brokered deals, talked to others involved or whatever. And they probably had a gut feeling this guy is talking shit.

Top Bottom