• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

SpokkX said:
I have no hopes for this game now
really.. from a gamereactor review? :lol :lol

edit: actually, as a pre-patches review I guess that score might make sense. too bad about good patches already being out eh

Mohonky

I downloaded the demo the other week but can't say I was really fond of it. It just seems very clunky and disorganised. The whole time I was playng the demo all I really got out of it was 'I should go back and play Titan Quest'

Xabora

Well I got my copy in today.

I'll see how it is. >_>

EDIT: Patching!

Peeped around some of the en_UK files and it looks like you can do some modding.
I see replay value after I finish it! :D

EDIT2: No CD Required for play!
Pop the CD-Key in on start, no need for the disc when you play it...
And why does the Seraphim have a California Valley Girl voice. o_O

Xabora

Played for a few today after I patched it.

Not too bad.. opening is a tad rough for the Temple Guardian. >_<
Overall I like it. :D

Lookin' like a Halo 3 Elite!
16bdj0n.jpg

Yes the arm cannon works like a mega buster. :D

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The demo bored me to death. I'll stick to WAR and play Diablo III when it comes around.

Xabora said:
Played for a few today after I patched it.
Not too bad.. opening is a tad rough for the Temple Guardian. >_<
Overall I like it. :D
Lookin' like a Halo 3 Elite!
http://i33.tinypic.com/16bdj0n.jpg
Yes the arm cannon works like a mega buster. :D
if you come to any revelations about the temple guardian I'd be glad to hear them. played one up to like level 12 or something. and it's just getting increasingly annoying. actually I might not play with that character anymore. seem like all the skill attacks are either one-target, slow as hell or the ones that actually damage multiple targets.... don't actually do anything/are extremely weak. I like the shields though

temple guardian on a horse is.. a little strange. also the auto cannon usage on enemies too far away from melee weapon is weird. maybe there's a way to turn that off, if you want to move closer to attack instead of automatically standing still while using the arm cannon. not sure. please talk about what you've found so far.

I'll be starting a shadow warrior

Kyosuke

Played a bit farther, beat the first boss (who was suprisingly hard) and finally got my epic mount. :D

sac2sk.jpg

The "hellhound" looks a bit weird, but he's fast and hell and you can easily outrun enemies with him, reducing travel time quite a bit. That, and it looks awesome how the shadow warrior is attacking from his back.

Xabora

Kyosuke said:
Played a bit farther, beat the first boss (who was suprisingly hard) and finally got my epic mount. :D

sac2sk.jpg

The "hellhound" looks a bit weird, but he's fast and hell and you can easily outrun enemies with him, reducing travel time quite a bit. That, and it looks awesome how the shadow warrior is attacking from his back.
Woha nice!

I've gotten a bit further.
I can say without a doubt... Temple Guardian is Melee and Ranged.
Use both and don't focus on one.

The damage for the gun is dependent on Dex and your Battery (Right next to your boots in the inventory).

Once I got that down the class became quite fun! :D

Kobolds... but they look like Gnomes! Gnobolds!
2h71klu.jpg

Ze Solder Camp!
2n6djs8.jpg

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Is the PC version of this fucker freezing on an amazingly constant basis for anyone else? I mean...fuck...this is happening every 30 minutes or so. What the fuck?

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
I've been looking for this game, no stores around me seem to have it. So I'll just order it from amazon tonight.

Amon37

I want to hear more about the blind guardian aspect. How did they get involved? Someone hit me up with some links.

Tendo

graphically how does this game compare to say, titan quest? I'm dl'ng the demo now but its coming in ridiculously slow. Screens and movies I've seen don't seem to look any better than tq which came out in 05.

bjaelke

I've got some confirmed information about how the different region & language versions will be divided. It is important to note that regions will not affect Online MP, you can play with others regardless of the regional / language version they have.

German and French will be on one disk.

English will be on one disk.

Spanish will be on one disk.

Italian will be on one disk.

Polish will be on one disk.

I've got additional confirmation that a demo to be released over Xbox Marketplace is planned, however I don't have a solid enough date to post it yet.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=607873

Manager

Finally some new images of the console versions. Release 24th of March in Europe, images from PS3 version:
1227_0001.jpg

1227_0002.jpg

1227_0003.jpg

1227_0004.jpg

1227_0005.jpg

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements of character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the experience and offer a refreshing, first-class gaming experience in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.

Key features
o • A huge, seamless and dynamic world that allows for free-form exploration
o Two campaigns: play as the “Light” or “Shadow” side, complete with distinct skills, rewards and story-elements tailored to the chosen path
o Six exceptional, playable characters, each with a distinct look, capabilities and in-game motivation
o Modifiable combat arts: change and upgrade your alter ego’s combat skills as you make choices throughout the game
o Fight effectively from the back of a number of mounts under your control
o Deities offer unique combat disciplines to players
o The ultimate multiplayer experience – seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes via the Internet or Xbox Live
o Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative and PvP play
o Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics utilize the latest technologies
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7448_en.html

Still pumped for the console version but the previews have made it seem like the console versions need a lot of work performance wise.

Lonesome_Raod said:
Wish they would shut up with their relase dates. They've announced so many dates and delayed them it's a bad joke.

I'd prefer they keep delaying to get it right though. I was always skeptical a relatively small outfit would be able to bring all three versions to market so close to each other. They should have just planned to have the console versions come later in the first place.

bjaelke

One of the cool things about Sacred 2 is that it supports both local and online four-player co-operative play, so you can load up your saved character, invite a friend to do the same and go traipsing around Ancaria jacking fools and getting paid. IGN Xbox editor Erik Brudvig and I took our characters on the road for a spell and found that the two-player local co-op works well overall, although there are still some issues with menu commands and inventory management, and these are brought into sharper relief when there are two players on the screen.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/944/944184p1.html

Hammer24

Banned
They should take all the time necessary to polish it up as much as possible. Just watched the dev walkthoughs from december on GT - still my most anticipated game of the year!

Picked up the PC version for €14 from Play.com in their Winter sale and when patched up to 2.34 it is a very good game indeed, highly addictive. Will be interested to see how it works on the consoles.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I just received my debug code for the Xbox 360 yesterday, will be putting time into the game this whole week for preview coverage and setting up review coverage in the future.

Caspel said:
I just received my debug code for the Xbox 360 yesterday, will be putting time into the game this whole week for preview coverage and setting up review coverage in the future.

Please keep us posted. I would like a dungeon crawler for my X360, and KUF: Circle of Doom did not quench the thirst. ;)

Raide

I have hopes for this game, just because it delights the lootwhore inside me. :lol Any idea if a 360 demo is planned?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Apharmd Battler said:
Please keep us posted. I would like a dungeon crawler for my X360, and KUF: Circle of Doom did not quench the thirst. ;)

Well the 4 player co-op sounds intriguing enough as you can drop in and out at your own discretion. I'll send you a link to my coverage via PM when it goes live though.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I've been quietly playing this game for the past 2 weeks (PC version via Steam). I LOVE IT! Sure, it isn't perfect, but man if you love loot whoring... this is your game. I'm about 13 hours into my first character, an Inquisitor, who is around level 25 (of 200!).

I'm gonna double dip for the 360 version in order to play it with pc-less friends, providing it is a decent port. The videos I've seen recently seem to suggest they are doing it right.

Hammer24 said:
They should take all the time necessary to polish it up as much as possible. Just watched the dev walkthoughs from december on GT - still my most anticipated game of the year!

I hope they delay the game until the summer or fall. This game game will be made or borken by its level of polish.

Ricker

A demo is in fact planned but it's not known yet if it will release before the game hits,hopefully in March now,although it could get delayed again...I don't mind though,getting this day one for the 360,I love hack and slashers.

i'll try the pc demo this week. if it's decent i'll wait for the ps3 demo to decide which version.... if it's buy worthy.

...else i'll wait for the inevitable steam sales. :D

Top Bottom