• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

bjaelke

Screenshot of the Week:

Sacred2_FallenAngel_COOP_HE_IN_Xbox360.2.jpg

Combat Arts are going off like fireworks as the Inquisitor and High Elf continue their Xbox 360 cooperative play adventure.

Kauza

I am going to play the bloody hell out of this game when it comes out. I would very much like to play with other loot whores, so feel free to add me on either XBL or PSN, though I'll likely pick it up for 360. My god, the loot sounds lovely.

XBL: Kauza
PSN: Santakauz

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
_tetsuo_ said:
Just read your post Yak, sounds like greatness. Is there any indication as to how long it is? Selectable difficulty levels after you beat it?

Sorry I missed this. From the start you get to pick from Bronze or Silver difficulty levels. Gold, Platinum, and Niobium (an element from the game) are unlocked after beating the previous, and just like in Diablo/TQ you keep your gear when you restart at the next highest difficulty.

As for number of hours, yeah 20-30 for the main quest if ignore most of the sidequests, but that's like saying Oblivion can be beat in 8 hours or some such. I can easily see someone putting in hundreds of hours, easily. Some people on the official boards have done well over 300 hours. The world is so massive, and the sidequests so numerous, that, well it's the game that keeps on giving.

360 GT = Diseasedyak

I'll be getting the 360 version for sure, feel free to add me to whomever wants to.

Prolly going to get the PS3 version, since i'm really desperating for any kind of RPG here!

PSN: ChackanKun

Anyone knows if it will have cross play between different platforms?

Tobor

Diseased Yak said:
Sorry I missed this. From the start you get to pick from Bronze or Silver difficulty levels. Gold, Platinum, and Niobium (an element from the game) are unlocked after beating the previous, and just like in Diablo/TQ you keep your gear when you restart at the next highest difficulty.

As for number of hours, yeah 20-30 for the main quest if ignore most of the sidequests, but that's like saying Oblivion can be beat in 8 hours or some such. I can easily see someone putting in hundreds of hours, easily. Some people on the official boards have done well over 300 hours. The world is so massive, and the sidequests so numerous, that, well it's the game that keeps on giving.

360 GT = Diseasedyak

I'll be getting the 360 version for sure, feel free to add me to whomever wants to.

/drools

I need this game! Can single player characters be used for multiplayer and vice versa?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Tobor said:
/drools

I need this game! Can single player characters be used for multiplayer and vice versa?

I believe the devs stated that you are always "online" with your character, even when playing by yourself. That way people can drop in and drop out of your game at will. I'm sure they'll set it so you can restrict it to just friends, or turn joining off entirely, though.

Unless they've changed it, there should be no separate online and offline characters.

Tobor

Diseased Yak said:
I believe the devs stated that you are always "online" with your character, even when playing by yourself. That way people can drop in and drop out of your game at will. I'm sure they'll set it so you can restrict it to just friends, or turn joining off entirely, though.

Unless they've changed it, there should be no separate online and offline characters.

Sounds perfect. This plus the shared chest you mentioned earlier, This game sounds absolutely perfect.

Ranger X

So what's the word on this one? Will this be at least as good as the Dark Alliance series or the Champions series on console?

It's since Champions Returns To Arms I didn't buy that type of game. I'm ready for another one. :lol

I got a couple of PS3 peeps looking forward to this so I'll probably pick it up on that platform for co-op play. My PS3 tag: "UnionCarbine".

pr0cs

Too bad it got delayed. I may have missed it earlier in the thread, are they planning a demo for the consoles?

garath

Tom Penny said:
How does the game run on PC?These impressions are making me want to buy it today.

Game runs great on the PC.

My specs:

E6600
2 Gigs DDR2 PC800
GTX260 core 216

I've got it on High with 2x AA and I average around 60fps. It dips as low as 30 but very very infrequently. It's usually around 70-80.

I co-op with a friend who has:

AMD 3500+
2 Gigs DDR
6800GT

He runs with everything on low and says the fps is fine.

I bought it last weekend and haven't been able to stop playing.. the game is HUGE, the character skills lead to many viable builds, not just one "ultimate" build. The loot is fantastic. I can spend forever just browsing the shop and tinkering with my equipment.

Tom Penny

garath said:
Game runs great on the PC.

My specs:

E6600
2 Gigs DDR2 PC800
GTX260 core 216

I've got it on High with 2x AA and I average around 60fps. It dips as low as 30 but very very infrequently. It's usually around 70-80.

I co-op with a friend who has:

AMD 3500+
2 Gigs DDR
6800GT

He runs with everything on low and says the fps is fine.

I bought it last weekend and haven't been able to stop playing.. the game is HUGE, the character skills lead to many viable builds, not just one "ultimate" build. The loot is fantastic. I can spend forever just browsing the shop and tinkering with my equipment.

I liked Titan Quest so should I buy this game? It sounds even better.

Xenon

This looks like it could be good. If its not a buggy mess Ill pick it up.

Diseased Yak said:
360 GT = Diseasedyak

For a second I read that as

disease-dyak

btw if you type in Dyack on google, "neogaf" is the only pre-fill. :lol

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Xenon said:
This looks like it could be good. If its not a buggy mess Ill pick it up.

For a second I read that as

disease-dyak

btw if you type in Dyack on google, "neogaf" is the only pre-fill. :lol

Haha, yeah I should have put a space in there I guess. You're only the 2nd person that's done that to my knowledge. I was playing a public game of Burnout Paradise back when it released and some guy kept calling me "Dyack".

garath

Tom Penny said:
I liked Titan Quest so should I buy this game? It sounds even better.

I would say yes. The friend that I co-op with has more hours in Titan Quest than some people have in WoW and absolutely loves the game. I've played quite a bit of Titan Quest myself and I think I prefer Sacred 2.

Ricker

From what I understand the Eurogamer news that said it was delayed again was for the European version only,in North America it still slated for the 24th of March....hopefully.

Kauza

In reading through the thread, here are a few things of note that I noticed that haven't been established fully yet:

The console versions will indeed have a button to pick up all loot within a certain radius (the dev said that it would be a "bumper).

The couch co-op only supports two players, not four. However, it is still a total of 4 online.

Enemies do scale when playing with others, both in number and difficulty.

This info is just paraphrased from the co-optimus interview--more information is there. http://www.co-optimus.com/interview/139/page/2/Sacred_2__Fallen_Angel_Console_Version_Interview.html

What I'd like to know is how loot distribution works when people are playing together. I wonder if it works like Baldur's Gate where the first person to press gets it, or if it is more like an MMO. How does it work on the PC version?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I want to get this game for PS3 really badly lol. But almost tempted to just get it for PC so I can play now :lol

bengraven

Diseased Yak said:
It can't be overstated how utterly fucking HUGE this game is. My Inquisitor is level 27 now and I've seen barely anything of the game map. The amount of quests in the game blows my mind. Every single time I head out to do a quest, I'll inevitably run into a small village or hamlet that opens up another 10-15 quests. It's ludicrously large. You could easily spend hundreds of hours in this game and not do every side quest, or so every inch of land.

So basically my perfect RPG right?

That's how I wished Oblivion and Mass Effect were.

Lord Phol

Hammer24 said:
Its no RPG, its a hack-n-slash Diablo clone.

Or as you might also call it, an "Action-RPG". Though in my opinion the action looks a lot less satisfactory than the Champions and Dark Alliance games. There's like no graphical indication when you hit enemies besides the numbers popping up and health bar decreasing before they die.

bjaelke

There are a lot of gore afterwards, but not while you hit them.'

(European) CE revealed:

nwuymjaynjkxotm1ndizmdhiodq4yzbimmrln2vjzty.jpg

Sacred 2 Collector's Edition Contents
  • Sacred 2 Game Disc
  • Art Book
  • Seraphim Miniature
  • Double-sided 50x50 cm Poster Map of Ancaria
  • Soundtrack CD

No words on carrier imp :(

bjaelke said:

(European) CE revealed:

• Sacred 2 Game Disc
  • Art Book
  • Seraphim Miniature
  • Soundtrack CD

Wow, that is hot!

North Americans fuck owned though :*(

bjaelke said:

(European) CE revealed:

• Sacred 2 Game Disc
  • Art Book
  • Seraphim Miniature
  • Soundtrack CD

Wow, that is hot!

North Americans fuck owned though :*(

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Gah, I supposed America gets hosed on that CE. Bet that happens for The Witcher in the fall. Oh well, at least it's coming out here. The fact that they're putting that 3/24 date in their official movies bodes well for no other delays.

Top Bottom