• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Tobor

This guy would be much higher, but I started over twice.

IMG_0318.jpg

My HD CRT doesn't like being photographed. Sorry for the IQ.

Concept17

gahhhh

I'm currently stranded out of town thanks to car problems. =\

Probly won't get back to my Seraphim till this weekend and all your fancy pictures aren't helping. =(

GreekWolf

Mik2121 said:
If this is not awesome...

Riding a horse, on the balcony of someone's house, protecting the city!!
Whatever. I'll bet you slaughtered the residents' family before enjoying that beautiful vista.

Dirty Shadow Knight, you don't fool us!

Petrie

Banned
So when I go into someone else's game and we complete quests, I don't take that completion back to my own game? This whole system in that regard really confuses me, as other than leveling my guy up a bit, there's really very little benefit to me it seems. Kinda lame if true.

Concept17

Petrie said:
So when I go into someone else's game and we complete quests, I don't take that completion back to my own game? This whole system in that regard really confuses me, as other than leveling my guy up a bit, there's really very little benefit to me it seems. Kinda lame if true.

Corrent. Those quests and the storyline will remain the same as where you were when you were in your own game. But you'll still receive all the money/loot/xp from your friends game. In other words, you could level to max in someone else's game, then go back to your own and blow through all the campaign.

Okay a couple questions. Love this game.

Currently a level 10 Shadow Warrior.

I found some "books" and I "used" them. One was a level 2 science book or something. What exactly do the books do?

Can I just go around and accept all the quests I want, or do some of them disappear? I mean, some of them have people following you around. Do I have to complete this quest first before I take another one? And I swear I found that quest for the "rock concert" but now it is not on my quest list anymore. And of the couple quests I've done where people follow me, they have died. Shit.

I have "relics" that I am equipping, and have 4 of them equipped so far. Are there any downsides to equipping so many?

Runes I seem to be collecting a ton of the same stuff. Okay to sell them off I am assuming?

Can you "undo" the modification of combat arts. Like if I change my mind?

This game is so huge. I feel so tiny.

Concept17 said:
Corrent. Those quests and the storyline will remain the same as where you were when you were in your own game. But you'll still receive all the money/loot/xp from your friends game. In other words, you could level to max in someone else's game, then go back to your own and blow through all the campaign.

I believe you can still recieve the trophies and achievements when in yoru friends games for quest completions too, but I'm not positive about that.

Eric WK

Guess I'll join in and post my High Elf. Images are a tad blurry because my camera doesn't exactly perform very well in low light situations and flash just wasn't going to happen. But anyway, she's awesome. Blazing Tempest will easily take down as many enemies as I can possibly round up. Ancestral Fireball, Blazing Tempest and Incandescent Skin are fully modified and Grand Invigoration just needs its third modification.

2q3up6r.png

2r3zaz6.png

2ldudf9.png

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Okay a couple questions. Love this game.

Currently a level 10 Shadow Warrior.

I found some "books" and I "used" them. One was a level 2 science book or something. What exactly do the books do?

Can I just go around and accept all the quests I want, or do some of them disappear? I mean, some of them have people following you around. Do I have to complete this quest first before I take another one? And I swear I found that quest for the "rock concert" but now it is not on my quest list anymore. And of the couple quests I've done where people follow me, they have died. Shit.

I have "relics" that I am equipping, and have 4 of them equipped so far. Are there any downsides to equipping so many?

Runes I seem to be collecting a ton of the same stuff. Okay to sell them off I am assuming?

Can you "undo" the modification of combat arts. Like if I change my mind?

This game is so huge. I feel so tiny.

If you hit the Right bumper (or R1 for PS3 users), you will see a description of what the rune does. For more on runes and upgrading, see the "For Dummies" section in the first post in this thread. You generally want more than one rune for your various combat arts, that is how you upgrade their levels.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I don't think there are any downsides to equipping them. You can have 6 equipped at a time and they are a great way to boost elemental defense.

FrankT

Damn I just killed me a big ass dragon. I mean really what more do you need?

The first time I walked in their I walked out of their just like the first time I walked into Ony's Lair. With my tail between my legs. I'm thinking I should have been at least 15 to 20 levels higher (currently level 35 on silver) because he could literaly 2 shot me. Thankfully I figured out a nice way to kite em with my undead legions while I just sat back and used my bow.

Epic.

Jtyettis said:
Damn I just killed me a big ass dragon. I mean really what more do you need?

The first time I walked in their I walked out of their just like the first time I walked into Ony's Lair. With my tail between my legs. I'm thinking I should have been at least 15 to 20 levels higher (currently level 35 on silver) because he could literaly 2 shot me. Thankfully I figured out a nice way to kite em with my undead legions while I just sat back and used my bow.

Epic.

Dank.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Aurora said:
As Duke said, quest and loot text is a lot smaller so it's harder to read. After searching through YouTube I managed to find a HQ clip of a guy playing on "a crappy TV" which has to be displaying in SD. Check it out and see if the text size is good enough for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUSnptbj5W0&fmt=18

Aww fuck it I can't read 60% of the displayed text, I'm just gonna force myself to think the game sucks till I buy a HDTV.

I wonder.. If I zoom when the loot text shows up, will the text zooms too?

anyway, I didn't want this game anyway ( :( )

Ricker

Corran Horn said:
I started on Bronze...is there any way to change it to silver difficulty without restarting?

Yes,instead of "continue",choose "start",then "create game",then "continue campaign" and set it to Silver.

Brannon

Kobold Chieftan gave me issues when I first went against him as a Dryad, so I left him there and got stronger and came back and kicked ass.

The game continues to surprise me at its hugeness. I looked at the map and saw the mountain areas (Copper Peaks) and though that maybe that was just decoration since the game was big enough. But I'm wandering around there and out of chance I check my map again and my player marker was IN the mountains. Then I realized that I was going to end up in an area I previously ruled out as map-fluff; but there's acutal places to explore there!

Another time I'm in Thylysium and I see these little boats. I guessed they would go to that big island in the southwest corner, so I jumped on on... only to end up on what I mistakenly considered map-fluff once more; a prison island right off the coast. Walked around a bit and came back because I had work to do and accidentally got on the other boat. Which took me to the smaller island north of the prison island.

So now the question is; where can you NOT go in this game?

(Also Blind Guardian is a nice quest)

Kauza

Yikes, found another bugged quest tonight. It's the part of the Old Naval Port where you have to go underground. I go underground and get a completely black screen other than my minimap. I can't move either, but I can open the map and teleport out.

Anyone had a similar experience or been able to finish this one?

Kauza said:
Yikes, found another bugged quest tonight. It's the part of the Old Naval Port where you have to go underground. I go underground and get a completely black screen other than my minimap. I can't move either, but I can open the map and teleport out.

I believe this is documented and it's supposed to be fixed in the upcoming patch.

AwRy108

Kauza said:

Just did this quest, and no errors occurred. Playing on PS3.

Thermite

Quick Question: Is there any way to not use the gun that the Temple Guardian has? Even when I'm up close in melee range all he does is shoot it. I really want to just use my melee weapon.. :(

LukeSmith

Odd question:
Is it only the slots in items that modify actual magic damage from casting? I.e. only a Fireball Rune in a weapon slot will bonus the Fireball, otherwise any +fire on the weapon is simply adding a fire damage component to weapon-based attacks against an enemy?

Eric WK

LukeSmith said:
Odd question:
Is it only the slots in items that modify actual magic damage from casting? I.e. only a Fireball Rune in a weapon slot will bonus the Fireball, otherwise any +fire on the weapon is simply adding a fire damage component to weapon-based attacks against an enemy?

As far as I've been able to tell, that's correct.

Brashnir

Ricker said:
So is it normal that on Silver,with a level 18 Temple Guardian that I can't beat the Kobold Chief Boss yet?...I barely damage him,I tried everything and he just regens too fast for now to try it,the fight would last forever...if I press the left Stick(L3)on the 360,it shows some icons...the ones on the left are the weakness and the right his strenght?...I see he is storng against fire so I use my ice spell but that doesnt do much damage as well...

I beat him at 15 or 16 with my Inquisitor. I just meleed him down with my doppleganger. I could keep him more of less even on my own, and each time the doppleganger refreshed, I'd cast it and be able to knock off 15% or so of his health. It took a while, but I finally wore him down.

I think the way the level scaling works in this game, he starts off very difficult, and if you go off and do some other quests and come back, he'll still be the same level he was when you first fought him. I couldn't beat him the first time I tried, but came back 3 levels later and managed to win.

Brashnir

Thermite said:
Quick Question: Is there any way to not use the gun that the Temple Guardian has? Even when I'm up close in melee range all he does is shoot it. I really want to just use my melee weapon.. :(

Press the button where you slotted your melee weapon to switch to it.

Duke Togo

Mike2121: thanks for the game invite! It would seem the lag has booted me from your game and PSN. We'll have to give it another try sometime when the lag isn't so intrusive. :lol

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question...

I've been using skill points to increase my Death Warrior Focus and Malevolent Champion Focus (Shadow Warrior). Right now for both, it says "Highest Spell Level without Penalty" of 9. Does this mean I can memorize additional runes, and level up my Combat Arts to level 9, and still be okay as far as the casting time goes?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Brashnir said:
Press the button where you slotted your melee weapon to switch to it.

Doesn't work, any button I push (XYBA), it shoots the stupid, puny, annoying gun and it's really pissing me off. I had it working before where I solely used melee weapons and now it's back to this shit and it's annoying me. :(

Mik2121

Duke Togo said:
Mike2121: thanks for the game invite! It would seem the lag has booted me from your game and PSN. We'll have to give it another try sometime when the lag isn't so intrusive. :lol
No problem. I'm taking a little break and then I'll play some LBP, but I'll be back to Sacred2 later tonight (it's 2pm here).

I wonder if you could see what quests I was doing?

Duke Togo

Mik2121 said:
No problem. I'm taking a little break and then I'll play some LBP, but I'll be back to Sacred2 later tonight (it's 2pm here).

I wonder if you could see what quests I was doing?
Aye, I saw the quest names come up after you talked to the NPC. Then you would magically skip around, leaving a trail of bodies while I tried to figure out why I was constantly autoattacking after having stopped pressing X. Damn lag! It might be the distance between us? I'm on PST, so its just about 11pm here.

Brashnir

Domino Theory said:
Doesn't work, any button I push (XYBA), it shoots the stupid, puny, annoying gun and it's really pissing me off. I had it working before where I solely used melee weapons and now it's back to this shit and it's annoying me. :(

you're holding the melee weapon's button and it's still using the ranged weapon? try un-equipping the ranged weapon, maybe. Sometimes you have to wait for an animation cycle to finish before pressing the next button, so try that as well.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Brashnir said:
you're holding the melee weapon's button and it's still using the ranged weapon? try un-equipping the ranged weapon, maybe. Sometimes you have to wait for an animation cycle to finish before pressing the next button, so try that as well.

Yup, even if I'm really close to an enemy to use the melee weapon, it'll still shoot and SOMETIMES actually use the melee weapon. I'm about to lose my mind because I don't want to use this stupid laser pew pew anymore.

Mik2121

Duke Togo said:
Aye, I saw the quest names come up after you talked to the NPC. Then you would magically skip around, leaving a trail of bodies while I tried to figure out why I was constantly autoattacking after having stopped pressing X. Damn lag! It might be the distance between us? I'm on PST, so its just about 11pm here.
I'm not sure if it's the distance or just the internet provider I'm using. They suck monkey ass, even though it's supposed to be 100mb, the connection goes down when I have the torrent downloading for 1 day, and I have more problems in LBP than I used to have before I changed provider..

Anyway, I hope it gets fixed because sometimes internet goes silky smooth and sometimes it's disgustingly slow :(

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
About to hop on now. Level 25, light campaign. If someone wants to join me, GT is ErrorJustin. Send a FR.

Brashnir

Kauza said:

a few of us have run into this bug. It's supposedly on the list to be fixed by the first patch.

Phthisis

I got some boots for my Seraphim tonight that are white camo patterned and look like something straight out of Virtual On. Combined with her purple capris, she looks like some cyber punk chick from the future.

Cahill

Banned
Xevren said:
Seeing some of the SW pics make me jealous. My High Elf always looks so retarded :lol
Still love playing her though!

If you like we can do some runnin' around bud. :) Im usually on 8-11PM or so Eastern time.

Got disconnected from a friend (his game) a couple times last night. Really not happy with the fact that you lose your loot and level XP when it happens. I'm sure it was to stop duping or whatever, but it really sucks if you're just running along fighting mobs and get DC'd *big thumbs down*

PuMa

Here's my High Elf chick so far. I'm currently trying to put together the whole Celdrahil set, but I'm still missing 3 pieces so she looks a bit messy. Definitely not as cool looking as the SWs. I forgot to take a pic with my stats up, but I can post that later.

DSC00027.jpg

I am actually confused about the pick up settings and can use some help.

If I set pick ups to 1 star - It will pick up all items 1 star and above right ?

I get a wierd feeling when I leave loot behind, like I am missing something.

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
I am actually confused about the pick up settings and can use some help.

If I set pick ups to 1 star - It will pick up all items 1 star and above right ?

I get a wierd feeling when I leave loot behind, like I am missing something.

Yeah, but it doesn't work perfectly. I have mine set like that and I still get normal (no star) items that are for other classes. It might be a small glitch...

Amneisac

So who else is eagerly awaiting some kind of solution to the GameStop preorder carrier imp problem?

Definitely one of the most exciting preorder bonuses for a game as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom