• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Mik2121

What version of the game are you guys playing?

edit - nvm, 360 (saw it on the Sacred 2 online thread)

Also, please answer to my last question about free play :3

Cahill

Banned
Forgot to mention this: Had a problem in a multi-player game the other night. 3 of us playing with our low-level characters. 13, 7 and 8. The host was getting almost NOTHING from the drops (LV7). No money, no items etc. His Loot options were all default. The other person and I (13 and 8) were getting everything split evenly. In 3 hours he ended up getting $500 and like 2 items... not even potions (I had to keep giving him some since I wasn't using any). I've seen people say the online loot distribution was really good. Didn't seem so to us.

We were all in the same party and he was getting XP correctly...

Edit: Hammer... was wondering if that was you. I'll OK it this evening.

bjaelke

Cahill said:
Forgot to mention this: Had a problem in a multi-player game the other night. 3 of us playing with our low-level characters. 13, 7 and 8. The host was getting almost NOTHING from the drops (LV7). No money, no items etc. His Loot options were all default. The other person and I (13 and 8) were getting everything split evenly. In 3 hours he ended up getting $500 and like 2 items... not even potions (I had to keep giving him some since I wasn't using any). I've seen people say the online loot distribution was really good. Didn't seem so to us.

We were all in the same party and he was getting XP correctly...

Edit: Hammer... was wondering if that was you. I'll OK it this evening.
Did he adjust his Collect settings under the Gameplay tab (start -> RT)?
ElyrionX said:
Apart from Sacred Wiki and the Dark Matter forum, are there any other online resources for this game?
PC forum which has a nice fanbase: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Duke Togo

35i4wvd.jpg

mhrs3m.jpg

Here's my guy....man, I better get some fire resists happening. :lol I've kind of botched this build, but I seem to be surviving ok nonetheless.

Amneisac said:
I love this game, but does anyone else wish you could respec your skills if you break your character?

I would be fine with a huge fee (50k or something to change skills around) but I've rolled about 10 characters so far and deleted most of them around level 15 because I made a mistake with my build.

I admit I'm a bit OCD with trying to maximize my leveling, but this is on a whole other level where you can actually break your character if you get your recast timers too out of whack.

What do you guys think, would you welcome the ability to respec (if it was difficult / costly enough that you couldn't do it at will) or am I just a pansy? .. or both?

Dude, don't get frustrated. Plan out your build before you start. With my HE , I took Delphic Arcana Lore and Focus - When I should have just taken Focus, I was pissed. With this next build read a guide and plan it out.

Hammer24

Banned
Duke Togo said:
Here's my guy....man, I better get some fire resists happening. :lol I've kind of botched this build, but I seem to be surviving ok nonetheless.

Wow, this lad looks badass! :D Nice sword.

Edit: how did you die 4 times with this baddy?!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Wat?

35i4wvd.jpg

Is this the small blurry text that is keeping me from the game?

The font seems to have an appropiate size I doubt it would be unreadable in my Sony Wega Trinitron whatever SD tv

Mik2121

Duke Togo said:
(pics)

Hey Duke Togo! I see you've got a PS3. Wanna be my friend? :3 I don't have anybody else playing Sacred 2 on my friend list :(

Duke Togo

Hammer24 said:
Wow, this lad looks badass! :D Nice sword.

Edit: how did you die 4 times with this baddy?!
Thanks! :D When I first started my character, I somehow created an online game I guess...not knowing what I was doing, I promptly died several times. :lol I've since figured out how to survive, but it will be a permanent blemish on my record.

Mik2121: sure man, add me (or anybody else for that matter)

PSN: duketogo

I won't be on much today, but I definitely will be in the coming days.

dgenx said:
Wat?

[IMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/35i4wvd.jpg[/IMG]

The font seems to have an appropiate size I doubt it would be unreadable in my Sony Wega Trinitron whatever SD tv
The font for quest text and loot drops is a lot smaller, so thats probably where the complaints of readability on sd tvs comes from. Other than that, it should be readable for most other things.

Cahill

Banned
Speaking of deaths. The very first time I started the game up I made my Inquisitor.. appeared in the world and immediately hit up and the d-pad to see my special ability. This in turn summoned the giant evil demon (sorry don't remember the name) that proceeded to walk around for a few seconds before kicking the shit outta me in one hit. Then it did it again and again and again as it followed me around... finally I just ran like a little girl until it lost me.

Is there any way to make that thing actually do something usable? I summoned him on a boss and he followed me around completely ignoring the boss - even kept bumping into him just to get at me... asshole.

Tom Penny

Duke Togo said:

Damn. You have sick armor. My armor sucks for my guy :/
I'm using a rather weak Guitar sword because it supposedly increases my chances of getting rare loot. This game is awesome though. Now I want a new build since I know I screwed up alot of stuff. I just don't want to part with a guy I put so many hours into :/

Cahill said:
Speaking of deaths. The very first time I started the game up I made my Inquisitor.. appeared in the world and immediately hit up and the d-pad to see my special ability. This in turn summoned the giant evil demon (sorry don't remember the name) that proceeded to walk around for a few seconds before kicking the shit outta me in one hit. Then it did it again and again and again as it followed me around... finally I just ran like a little girl until it lost me.

IMO that is the worst Divine ability in the game and I've never even taken it. I was reading the desription and I'm like "the demon frickin turns on you after a bit...what help!" :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Uggggh, My girlfriend keeps getting 2 and 3 star items, and I am lucky to find 1 star items. She has bargaining and some equip that gives her +12% or so to finding valuables, so that probably accounts for that (I pretty much never buy anything off of vendors anymore, she continiously finds good stuff).

I am considering picking up enhanced perception my next level, as I am 17, next one gives me a new skill slot. I could still maybe pick up some more combat skills (speed or damage lore for example), but other than that I have pretty much everything that is essential that I need for my shadow warrior build. Oh no wait I just remembered as I was typing this, I need to have 5 points in a general skill before I can get enhanced perception. Well I did want to pick up blacksmithing... but is it worth it picking up TWO general skills? So torn.

Cahill

Banned
Anerythristic said:
IMO that is the worst Divine ability in the game and I've never even taken it. I was reading the desription and I'm like "the demon frickin turns on you after a bit...what help!" :lol

I was evil, he was evil... I am a newbie... *shrug* ...sounded good at the time. ROFLOL! I don't care if he turns on me now as I'll get the hell outta there if necessary (or kill him if I can) but do something f'kn useful BEFORE hunting ME down ya big oaf.

Cahill said:
I was evil, he was evil... I am a newbie... *shrug* ...sounded good at the time. ROFLOL! I don't care if he turns on me now as I'll get the hell outta there if necessary (or kill him if I can) but do something f'kn useful BEFORE hunting ME down ya big oaf.

This is the divine ability my Inquisitor has and I love it. Mainly just because it is really entertaining to pull on a group of friends. :lol

We actually killed him once. It took forever and he doesn't even give you XP.

Duke Togo said:
I've kind of botched this build, but I seem to be surviving ok nonetheless.
Nah, doesn't look bad. I got a dryad only a couple of levels higher, 26 or so. She's got comparable attack, but better defense, i'm guessing due to high dex. The fire defense isn't a problem. You should be rolling in all sort of relics by this point, just equip fire ones if you need fire protection.

PuMa

Diseased Yak said:
I'd definitely be up for that! It would be interesting to see how one build goes up against another. If anyone wants to try this out just for fun let me know.

That would be awesome. I would definitely be down.

Level 42 High Elf right now. I have PS3 version.

PuMa

Kinitari said:
Uggggh, My girlfriend keeps getting 2 and 3 star items, and I am lucky to find 1 star items. She has bargaining and some equip that gives her +12% or so to finding valuables, so that probably accounts for that (I pretty much never buy anything off of vendors anymore, she continiously finds good stuff).

I am considering picking up enhanced perception my next level, as I am 17, next one gives me a new skill slot. I could still maybe pick up some more combat skills (speed or damage lore for example), but other than that I have pretty much everything that is essential that I need for my shadow warrior build. Oh no wait I just remembered as I was typing this, I need to have 5 points in a general skill before I can get enhanced perception. Well I did want to pick up blacksmithing... but is it worth it picking up TWO general skills? So torn.

The key to increasing your chance to find valuables is a high enhanced perception and a high survival bonus. Equip a bunch of runes to get your EP as high as possible. The higher both of those are, the more valuable loot you will find.

I took enhanced perception with my High Elf, along with bargaining, so two general skills, and I've found both to be incredibly useful so far. Most especially EP.

It also helps to equip some items that have the chance to find valuables bonus, obviously.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I think this bears repeating:

The ONLY way to permanently mess up a build is to make a poor choice when choosing a skill. EVERYTHING else (mainly regen times, which everyone is very concerned with) can be fixed, over time.

If you have the SKILLS you want, but you accidentally learned too many runes, there is absolutely no need to re-roll.

Also, I think only putting one rune into a skill is a mistake. I have ~7 runes in my buffs and other most useful combat arts, but the regens are still reasonable if you Gem your weapons to reduce regen, if you put points in Stam, if you have armor lore, etc.

Mik2121

This is mah boy as of right now:

statusnow.jpg

He looks alright I guess, and he has a weapon that seems pretty good (not the one he is using on the pic), it has a gold and a silver slots, but I'm not sure what should I use.

Also, I don't know much about the runes and all that... I've seen some people that has like 600 of armor on level 24 (Duke), but I'm level 19 and I have like 200 at most :(
I guess it's all about the runes and all that stuff, right? I will need to check some sacredwiki because I'm a bit lost :(

Mik, check out the official forums. Great resource there. Here is a link to the Shadow Warrior section: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121. Lot's of great info that has helped me a lot.

Also, for all you Shadow Warriors, here is a pretty good template to follow or get some ideas from. This was posted by r00ster on the official forum and it's been a great help to me.

1. Take skills in this order;
CA's, Offensive, Defensive, General (it's best to do this with any character really).

Only weird part is take tactics first.

There is no need to take armor lore so early. Enemies in bronze/silver don't pack a punch at all.

The following works for just about any SW;

1. Tactics
2. Death Warrior
3. Malevolent
4. Concentration
5. *Weapon Lore of your choice* - I strongly advise all SW's forget a shield.
He's such a beefcake you really don't need it. 2h axe/dual/2h sword/polearm are the only options in my mind.
6. Armor Lore
7. Constitution
8. *Defensive Skill of your choice* - I recommend toughness. At high (CA) levels, RE and Grim are pretty much all the defense you need.
9. *Open Skill* - I took blacksmith. I needed a forger. Hasn't slowed him one bit, as he's a beefcake. Did I mention he's a beefcake?
10. **Netherworld Focus/Combat Discipline** - two final options I see.
One, CD is combos, damage, regens. I always take CD with a char, so this was my choice.
However, if you take the focus, it is to mod Shadow Veil into a buff, and then just eat Dorito's.

This layout is probably 99% of all SW's in some manner, and is really almost a 'template.'

I've been following this template so far and I'm crushing mobs with ease.

Edit: This build is for those who don't use the Astral Lord aspect. If you check out the official forums there's some great tips for those who want to do a tank/summoner build.

All I want to say is that I've been following and posting in this thread since it started basically and it absolutely thrills me to see so many people posting and enjoying this game. Ive managed to basically get 3 other people to buy this game and we have been having a blast.

Keep up all the good work with tip sharing and helping out other players with questions. You guys rock!

Aurora

dgenx said:
Wat?

http://i42.tinypic.com/35i4wvd.jpg

As Duke said, quest and loot text is a lot smaller so it's harder to read. After searching through YouTube I managed to find a HQ clip of a guy playing on "a crappy TV" which has to be displaying in SD. Check it out and see if the text size is good enough for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUSnptbj5W0&fmt=18

Can you put two buffs in a combo? Could I then pick Combat Discipline to reduce all of my regens for my other CA's, or does it not work that way?

I'm trying to pick the next skill for my dryad. I have Tactics Lore, Nature Weaver Lore, Capricious Hunter Focus, Concentration, and Ranged already. Probably going for either Combat Discipline (if I can figure out a way to use that effectively) or Combat Reflexes next. I guess Nature Weaver Focus would be another option.

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess I could just put Darting Assault and Ravaged Impact into combos by themselves and take advantage of the combo regen reduction.

Kauza

So I'm spending my time at work finally getting around to adding friends from this thread and the Meetup thread. It doesn't look like I can send messages with them since I'm adding at Xbox.com, so I figured I'd mention it if you're wondering who this Kauza guy is.

Loudninja

Just found a weapon that hads gold bronze and silver slots :D

Its call the Ancrids Blade, its also a 3 start weapon.

Edit:Wow I just got atatck wave after wave of Koblods,must have been like 50 of them. :lol

Loudninja

Tobor said:
How do I actually use the Blacksmithing skill in the field? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

You have to get the skill ,which is not worth it imo.

Edit:By the way anyone else had a item glitch,like when you sell it the weight never leaves you inventory.

Tobor said:
How do I actually use the Blacksmithing skill in the field? I can't figure it out for the life of me.
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=619362
That link explains the blacksmith process.

Importand Note:

You can only smith at a blacksmith, not anywhere you are.
The "blacksmithing skill" improves the actual benefit you gain from the smiting though.

Loudninja said:
You have to get the skill ,which is not worth it imo.
I don't know about that if you like to forge a lot of stuff. I've read on the official forums that some of the high end weapons can cost near $1,000,000 to forge one slot. A high blacksmith skill probably reduces that greatly.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
The game looks pretty fucking awesome and it completely slipped under my radar. I'm going to try the demo, let's see if it runs decently on my 8400gshit.

Ricker

Cornballer said:
Can you put two buffs in a combo? Could I then pick Combat Discipline to reduce all of my regens for my other CA's, or does it not work that way?

I'm trying to pick the next skill for my dryad. I have Tactics Lore, Nature Weaver Lore, Capricious Hunter Focus, Concentration, and Ranged already. Probably going for either Combat Discipline (if I can figure out a way to use that effectively) or Combat Reflexes next. I guess Nature Weaver Focus would be another option.

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess I could just put Darting Assault and Ravaged Impact into combos by themselves and take advantage of the combo regen reduction.

You need the Concentration skill to use 2 Buffs... and I see you have so it should work...you can't do a 4 slot combo until level 75 I think though...

Ricker

So is it normal that on Silver,with a level 18 Temple Guardian that I can't beat the Kobold Chief Boss yet?...I barely damage him,I tried everything and he just regens too fast for now to try it,the fight would last forever...if I press the left Stick(L3)on the 360,it shows some icons...the ones on the left are the weakness and the right his strenght?...I see he is storng against fire so I use my ice spell but that doesnt do much damage as well...

Tobor

Wired All Wrong said:
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=619362
That link explains the blacksmith process.

I don't know about that if you like to forge a lot of stuff. I've read on the official forums that some of the high end weapons can cost near $1,000,000 to forge one slot. A high blacksmith skill probably reduces that greatly.

Thanks for the link. I took Blacksmithing because I'm building a straight up treasure hunter.

Blacksmith + Bargaining + Enhanced Perception.

Kingpen

Ricker said:
So is it normal that on Silver,with a level 18 Temple Guardian that I can't beat the Kobold Chief Boss yet?...I barely damage him,I tried everything and he just regens too fast for now to try it,the fight would last forever...if I press the left Stick(L3)on the 360,it shows some icons...the ones on the left are the weakness and the right his strenght?...I see he is storng against fire so I use my ice spell but that doesnt do much damage as well...

HAHA welcome to my world. I have a level 19 high elf though. You can't use fire against him pretty much, and he has a buff that regens his health. I spammed Ice spells and a ton of health potions to finally beat him. I'm not sure what your class has unique to it to help you out.

Petrie

Banned
Kingpen said:
HAHA welcome to my world. I have a level 19 high elf though. You can't use fire against him pretty much, and he has a buff that regens his health. I spammed Ice spells and a ton of health potions to finally beat him. I'm not sure what your class has unique to it to help you out.

I beat him at level 8 on silver with my high elf by using my divine thing, I have the God of Science, and it obliterated him.

Okay question: I started a Dryad and started with ranged weapons, but when I hit level 2 I went through and leveled up my character and chose to buy a sword skill. When I came across a merchant, all of the swords were red, but my dumb ass bought one anyway, and I can't use it.

What gives? If i can purchase a sword skill, shouldn't I, y'know, be able to use a sword?

Top Bottom