• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Xevren

Gamer @ Heart said:
Im paranoid right now so i decided to save on my memory card rather than my hard drive. It was starting to get really slow everytime i saved which makes sense if its loading and saving to the same source.

At least now i get to redo some of those skills choices.

I liked my melee seph but dont want to play my ranged character as another female. Does the shadow warrior get really kick ass looking armor relatively early on?

If you're restarting I can give you some money to help out to ease the crap of having to redo everything again.

bjaelke

~Kinggi~ said:
edit: I just read tombstones that said "The cake is a lie!" and "Reserved for critics"

good stuff
ShadowyCemetary15.gif

you get the achievement after reading 100 tombstones

GreekWolf

~Kinggi~ said:
edit: I just read tombstones that said "The cake is a lie!" and "Reserved for critics"

good stuff
Ahh, you're in the shadow knight's graveyard. Just wait until you're further into the game, you'll find some great tombstones. My fave -
"Just for future reference, whenever your wife asks if this dress makes her look fat... the answer is NO!"
:lol

You'll start to see some really interesting/bizarre stuff after Sloeford and the newb areas. I was liking the game pretty well for the first several hours, but after my first encounter with
the White Griffin
, I was hooked.

Xevren said:
If you're restarting I can give you some money to help out to ease the crap of having to redo everything again.

Thanks for the offer but i think I'll be fine.

New character means i dont hate repeating everything again as much as i thought.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My new guy is level 19 now after about 5 hours :D

Alot easier in a pure offensive build and knowing the game better :lol

Justin

No one really talks about how great most of the enemy designs are. I just finshed the Orc area and loved the look of the orcs and the giant trolls who look like they use barn doors as shields. Also the little kobold looking guys riding wolves are great.

Xevren

Loudninja said:
Did any of you run into that
White Griffin
I could not beat it had to run :lol.

Yea, he wasnt too bad for me as a solo High Elf. I have yet to get a decent drop from any boss :mad:

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game is fucking huge.

holy crap thats not even an exaggeration.

I dont know what the reviews are bitching about, i think this is a pretty solid port.

Phthisis

Instead of Sacred 2, the title to this game should be "It's 4 pm I think I'll play for an hour or so oh my god it's dark outside 9:00 what the fuck"

Also, I listened to a couple male NPCs having a conversation in Thylysium; one of them asked the other out on a date, and when the other guy said yes, the first suggested they go to his house and take care of his mother in law when she arrived in town.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im level 11, played for 6 hours and 30 minutes straight, 800 enemies killed, 20 completed quests

wait for it

get ready

2.3% of map unveiled.

wtf

Phreaker

~Kinggi~ said:
This game is fucking huge.

holy crap thats not even an exaggeration.

I dont know what the reviews are bitching about, i think this is a pretty solid port.

1Up claimed it was better than the PC version and both they and Gaming Age gave it "A"s. You only brought up two bad reviews. Just wait, you can't even see all the underground stuff on the map. Some of the underground areas are very big.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Phthisis said:
Instead of Sacred 2, the title to this game should be "It's 4 pm I think I'll play for an hour or so oh my god it's dark outside 9:00 what the fuck"

Also, I listened to a couple male NPCs having a conversation in Thylysium; one of them asked the other out on a date, and when the other guy said yes, the first suggested they go to his house and take care of his mother in law when she arrived in town.

I totally agree.

The conversations are bizarre. They are like Oblivion type dialogs, but far funnier.

Xevren

I HATE the underground area's!
Cave of Dragons was the worst, being a solo High Elf I had it coming, being fire spec and everyone pretty much just shrugged it off.

My lvl 49 High Elf is at 34 hours played and 27.8% map revealed. Thats with the campaign beaten too.

Xevren

I started doing some then I keep getting bored. I've killed most of the mini-bosses scattered around but now im trying a Seraphim out and think I like her more than my HE.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
I totally agree.

The conversations are bizarre. They are like Oblivion type dialogs, but far funnier.
I think this game is an intentional parody of all other games like it. Its actually a comedy. At first i thought the voice acting was just bad but then i realized they were supposed to be idiotic.

bjaelke

Xevren said:
I started doing some then I keep getting bored. I've killed most of the mini-bosses scattered around but now im trying a Seraphim out and think I like her more than my HE.
I got tired of them after my 20th quest where the questgiver turns on you after you speak to him. "You did a good job. Too good. So now I'm going to kill you!". Half the time it was a woman attacking me 1 on 1. The other example would be a group of suspiciously looking outlaws surrounding the questgiver but why would I even consider helping them in the first place? You shouldn't accost strangers like that.

Tobor

bjaelke said:
I got tired of them after my 20th quest where the questgiver turns on you after you speak to him. "You did a good job. Too good. So now I'm going to kill you!". Half the time it was a woman attacking me 1 on 1. The other example would be a group of suspiciously looking outlaws surrounding the questgiver but why would I even consider helping them in the first place? You shouldn't accost strangers like that.

I like it when they turn on me. My incandescent battle hammer can settle any dispute. :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games. Has such a deep upgrade and loot system, looks and sounds great, and is gigantor.

The only downside is that on the console version its a pain in the ass to manage the inventory with the way it forces you to scroll down through everything. Is there some type of trick to this?

Tobor

~Kinggi~ said:
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games. Has such a deep upgrade and loot system, looks and sounds great, and is gigantor.

The only downside is that on the console version its a pain in the ass to manage the inventory with the way it forces you to scroll down through everything. Is there some type of trick to this?

Set your loot collection to 1 star early. You won't need the trash loot money past level 15 anyway.

Tobor

~Kinggi~ said:
wait, how do i set stars?

Press start, then scroll over. You'll see a collection setting. Once you set it to 1 star, anything below that stays on the ground when you collect loot. It's a little frustrating to see bags left on the ground, but you get used to it. I wish it auto-scrapped, but it's better than nothing.

Phthisis

~Kinggi~ said:
I think this game is an intentional parody of all other games like it. Its actually a comedy. At first i thought the voice acting was just bad but then i realized they were supposed to be idiotic.

The Serpahim, in particular, makes the most inane comments. She sounds like a bitchy, bored school teacher.

Also, question: when I find some random guy with an exclamation mark over his head and he tells me about how awesome some random land is, a teleporter mark appears on my map. Is there any reason for me to go to those places? Will the story eventually take me there? Will I arrive and have my ass handed to me?

There's a place called Isle of the Serpahim or something that I just recently got the ability to travel to. Should I go?

Xevren

A lot of the people with exclamation points over there head are for an Ascaron quest, if you look at the name of the person and if it sounds like a human its because it is. It's a name from someone on the development team. There's like 80 some odd number of them and you'll have to find them all to finish the quest, but at least you can always look for them.

GreekWolf

Anerythristic said:
Ran into this golden boar boss when I was just walking around, strange. You don't have to be on a mission to run into a boss.
That's one of my favorite things about the game... never quite knowing what's on the other side of the mountain. You can spend an hour just aimlessly wandering around and slaughtering kobolds, only to have some giant boss leap out of the bushes and boot your ass back to the stone ages.

Thrakier

Obviously PC. Best Performance and best graphics. For consoles it seems to be 360 > PS3 because of the perfromance, however both versions are supposed to run bad, especially in coop.

Zzoram

Thrakier said:
Obviously PC. Best Performance and best graphics. For consoles it seems to be 360 > PS3 because of the perfromance, however both versions are supposed to run bad, especially in coop.

Which sucks, because even though I could max this on PC, I wanted to have a good co-op game for 360. I guess I'll get it for neither platform, unless it's a Steam Weekend Deal at some point.

Thrakier

I meant offline coop, not online. With offline coop the problem is that the camera is zoomed out as far as possible which really hurts the framerate. Someone suggested that the framerate doesn't even hit the 25 mark in offline coop. If true, they really have some balls to put something like that on the market.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thrakier said:
I meant offline coop, not online. With offline coop the problem is that the camera is zoomed out as far as possible which really hurts the framerate. Someone suggested that the framerate doesn't even hit the 25 mark in offline coop. If true, they really have some balls to put something like that on the market.
nah, having balls are the devs of Supreme Commander for the 360. Balls all over the fucking screen with those single digit framerates.

Ricker

Co-op online runs just fine,obviously if you get a good host and 3 others with good aconnection,on the 360...Thrakier,did you even get the game yet on consoles lol...

Thrakier

OFFLINE coop, my friend. ;) And it's not me who said it, there are other people in this thread. I will get the game as soon as it's out here in europe. I will play offline coop and if it's true that it's not even running with 25FPs I will sell it the same day and it will be the last game I bought from Ascaron (anyway, I guess...).

EDIT:

Also they did not announce a patch for the PS3 version, did they?

Aurora

Thrakier, why are you so bitter? Every post you've made has been bashing the game and you've never played it on consoles yet. Just chill, wait for your EU copy and then judge once you've experienced it.

Top Bottom