• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Agian.. the patch will include fixing the text for no HD tvs? :)

Also, sorry for your lost

bjaelke said:
I put so much time and effort into that character that I almost(!) cried when I couldn't load the save. I'm not playing the game again before the patch comes out.
:( That's awful. Sorry to hear that your save is gone.

Is the corruption issue on both consoles? To be compleley honest (knock on wood) I have not run into any of these major issues with like 40 hours of gameplay on two different characters...I'm on PS3.

I have seen the tearing and slowdown here and there, I have had one lock up.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I went back to the pc version, I'm just too addicted to the pretty and lack of bugs. But I would still get this on console if that were my only option for sure. I think it's better than any game of this type I've played on console before (and BG: DA II was pretty fucking great.)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Musashi Wins! said:
I went back to the pc version, I'm just too addicted to the pretty and lack of bugs. But I would still get this on console if that were my only option for sure. I think it's better than any game of this type I've played on console before (and BG: DA II was pretty fucking great.)
Is there anything glitchy or buggy about the PC version?

I read in one review that something about the mini-map(?) was bugged.
I think there was a semi-recent patch though, so is everything all fine?

How does the multiplayer / Co-Op work out on PC?
Also can I have two playing on my PC at once? That L4D hack to use a KB and 360 pad at the same time has always kept me interested.

Hazaro said:
Is there anything glitchy or buggy about the PC version?

I read in one review that something about the mini-map(?) was bugged.
I think there was a semi-recent patch though, so is everything all fine?

How does the multiplayer / Co-Op work out on PC?
Also can I have two playing on my PC at once? That L4D hack to use a KB and 360 pad at the same time has always kept me interested.
Really curious about this, specifically. My machine could tear through this much better than my 360 could and I'd love to have my girlfriend play along with me.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Is there diminishing returns on boss fights or something?

I kinda got lucky with an online game the other day, and got saved to a monolith near the first real boss (that hulking rock thing at the bottom of that canyon). Anyhoo, this is on my level 18 Seraphim. So I decide to make a "free world" game, private and go after it solo - after a bit of trouble I down him and get a wicked ass 3 star spear (er, I forget the exact details, but +3 to all combat skills, +2 battle stance, and 0.5s regen per hit if I remember correct) a real awesome (2 star) helmet (ridiculous defense and +10.5% to finding valuables among other things) and some other pretty good stuff.

This is so awesome, my girlfriend who was watching insists that I make a new game and let her co-op in. We do and she gets a wicked awesome 3 star staff, but that's about it.

I try this a few more times and get pretty much squat, the occasional 2 star item I can use, but no better than what I have, and no more 3 star items.

What the hell! Am I just unlucky? Or does the game know I am farming :3.

Kauza

bjaelke said:
I put so much time and effort into that character that I almost(!) cried when I couldn't load the save. I'm not playing the game again before the patch comes out.

Did it happen after finishing the campaign, or was it totally random?

I'd love to think that it's isolated to just starting a new game, but something tells me that isn't the case.

Xevren

Kinitari said:
Is there diminishing returns on boss fights or something?

I kinda got lucky with an online game the other day, and got saved to a monolith near the first real boss (that hulking rock thing at the bottom of that canyon). Anyhoo, this is on my level 18 Seraphim. So I decide to make a "free world" game, private and go after it solo - after a bit of trouble I down him and get a wicked ass 3 star spear (er, I forget the exact details, but +3 to all combat skills, +2 battle stance, and 0.5s regen per hit if I remember correct) a real awesome (2 star) helmet (ridiculous defense and +10.5% to finding valuables among other things) and some other pretty good stuff.

This is so awesome, my girlfriend who was watching insists that I make a new game and let her co-op in. We do and she gets a wicked awesome 3 star staff, but that's about it.

I try this a few more times and get pretty much squat, the occasional 2 star item I can use, but no better than what I have, and no more 3 star items.

What the hell! Am I just unlucky? Or does the game know I am farming :3.

I've killed so many bosses and only a small handful have I gotten anything of real quality. So if anything you were just lucky a couple times, because I rarely get anything nice :mad:

Petrie

Banned
Done with this game. Loved it, but after 40 hours with my characters, and getting hit with the savegame glitch, I'm done. 360 version for those wondering.

So I ran into the saved game glitch today on the 360. Fortunately, I only had a level 4 character. I've been joining my wife's game in co-op since I figure if one of us is going to get better loot, it should be her. So I start a new character and we play for about 1.5 hours. I go to save my guy and I can't. Apparently in my frustration I didn't read that I needed to delete the profile save off the system when it first got corrupted. So I've now lost two level 4 characters. Not the worst story from the boards, but fucking frustrating nonetheless.

I've read that a patch is supposed to be coming tomorrow to fix the save bug and add item-swapping in local co-op. Anyone know if this is the case?

Petrie said:
Done with this game. Loved it, but after 40 hours with my characters, and getting hit with the savegame glitch, I'm done. 360 version for those wondering.

Happened to my brother too. He lost a level 15 and a level 20 character. After some pep talk in which we told him we'd help him powerlevel, he decided to start again and got so wrapped up in it that, over the span of three days, he had two more characters back to 20.

Still, I'm have tempted to say to my co-op pals that we should put the game on hold until they get the patch out. But I really don't want to wait months to play it. What is the fastest these things go through certification? Hopefully less than a few weeks.

So I returned my copy, but they didn't have any additional ones in stock, so it might be a bit before I'm back into the game.

These stories of save corruption have me worried. Is there a way to back up your save to a memory unit every now and then?

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game is incredibly huge and addicting i cant help but get lost in the world finding loot.

But i will say if i ever encounter the save game glitch i would probably be fucking pissed.

Petrie

Banned
Revengeance said:
So I returned my copy, but they didn't have any additional ones in stock, so it might be a bit before I'm back into the game.

These stories of save corruption have me worried. Is there a way to back up your save to a memory unit every now and then?

No, I actually tried last night. This title does not allow any copying or backing up of saves. Bullshit.

Xevren

If I had my save file corrupted I'd definitely quit too. It's ridiculous that its taking so long for the patch to get out even though they sent it to MS a week ago for such a huge problem.

Xevren said:
If I had my save file corrupted I'd definitely quit too. It's ridiculous that its taking so long for the patch to get out even though they sent it to MS a week ago for such a huge problem.

Well, technically, I think they just sent it to them last Friday. MS hasn't even had one workday yet (today was Memorial Day) since they've had it.

If they got it out by the end of the week, I'd be thrilled. However, I seriously doubt that is even in the realm of possibility. I fear the best scenario involves weeks. The worst (like Castle Crashers) could be months and months.

Tobor

If my level 32 Temple Guardian gets hosed, I'm going to be pissed. Let's hope the patch gets released ASAP.

EternalGamer said:
Well, technically, I think they just sent it to them last Friday. MS hasn't even had one workday yet (today was Memorial Day) since they've had it.

If they got it out by the end of the week, I'd be thrilled. However, I seriously doubt that is even in the realm of possibility. I fear the best scenario involves weeks. The worst (like Castle Crashers) could be months and months.

It took Bethesda a week to get a patch certified for The Pitt expansion.

Xevren said:
Long cert times are a hallmark of the MS process. Happens to every game that needs a patch.

Can you copy the save through the xbox's memory management screens?

FrankT

Anyone playing online tonight( 360 version)? Level 53 SW here. Boss runs or whatever. Also I noticed on Free World they strip you of your mount at first for whatever reason. That is kind of messed up really. Any good tips on running these bosses pretty quickly aka fastest spot to buy a mount back and then roll?

Tobor said:
If my level 32 Temple Guardian gets hosed, I'm going to be pissed. Let's hope the patch gets released ASAP.

It took Bethesda a week to get a patch certified for The Pitt expansion.

Yeah and that's a best case scenario when there was a single issue. Wasn't it also a universal problem? Much easier to fix and test.

Tobor

EternalGamer said:
Yeah and that's a best case scenario when there was a single issue. Wasn't it also a universal problem? Much easier to fix and test.

You know what, now that I think about it, that was fixed by re-downloading the expansion, not a patch. That bypasses the certification, right?

GreekWolf

Set pieces are dropping like candy tonight. I have three up for trading (360 version)- PM me if interested

Boots of T-Energy
Set: T-Energy Modules
Temple Guardian
Level 30

Detheya's Shoulder Plates
Set: Detheya's Agility
Dryad
Level 30

Deylen's Loyalty
Set: Deylen's Power
Inquisitor
Level 15

I need:
Any of the SK Armantin Legacy set, except for Shoulder Plates.

Tobor said:
You know what, now that I think about it, that was fixed by re-downloading the expansion, not a patch. That bypasses the certification, right?

I would imagine that an entire new file would still have to be certified, unless it was previously tested and they just "sent the wrong one" the first time.

purvispisgah said:
I've read that a patch is supposed to be coming tomorrow to fix the save bug and add item-swapping in local co-op. Anyone know if this is the case?

Where did you read that at? Was it an actual developer or a reputable site, or just from some random dude on a messageboard?

Jtyettis said:
Anyone playing online tonight( 360 version)? Level 53 SW here. Boss runs or whatever.
I saw you on a bit today. I'm at lvl 48 now, so maybe we can play later this week. Not sure I'll be on later tonight.
Any good tips on running these bosses pretty quickly aka fastest spot to buy a mount back and then roll?
It's kind of glitchy/exploitive, but the ogre cave is a good way to get some good gear and exp. I haven't done it much, but there's a fair amount of one-three star stuff showing up in the cave. (Well, more one and two star stuff with the occasional three star for me at about lvl 50.) You can pretty much pop in and out picking stuff up until you're full. Just be careful that you don't get killed. :lol

For trade HE Armor

Adornments of the Ancestor Set -

Robe of the Ancestors - Sleeves of the Forgotten - Greeves of the Heirs - Boots of Rememberance

Velarias Heirloom Set

Velarias Garment - 272 Armor Rating, -1.3% Regen - +4 to All Defensive skills, 3 gold slots - wow

Virgos Revenge

Virgos Helmet of Revenge

Dryad Sets

Detheyas Agilty Set

Detheyas Cowl, Detheyas Footwear

Need any piece of Faladal's Blizzard set.

AwRy108

Seems to me that the savegame glitch is isolated to the 360 version. Can anyone contest this?

I've been periodically copying my save file to an SD Card (PS3 obviously) just in case.

Petrie

Banned
AwRy108 said:
Seems to me that the savegame glitch is isolated to the 360 version. Can anyone contest this?

I've been periodically copying my save file to an SD Card (PS3 obviously) just in case.

This may cause me to use the kit I bought to get saves on and off my hard drive to my pc, something up until now I never felt the need to do.

Petrie said:
This may cause me to use the kit I bought to get saves on and off my hard drive to my pc, something up until now I never felt the need to do.

Can you do that with the "upgrade" harddrive kit that comes with a 120GB Harddrive?

Brashnir

EternalGamer said:
Can you do that with the "upgrade" harddrive kit that comes with a 120GB Harddrive?

no. The Datel XSata can do it, but be warned that using it has been known to get people's gamerscores reset.

Petrie

Banned
Brashnir said:
no. The Datel XSata can do it, but be warned that using it has been known to get people's gamerscores reset.

I'd take a gamerscore reset over having my characters lost. I don't care even a little about gamerscore.

Petrie

Banned
Ok, I can't keep away from this game, so I figure I'll start a shadow warrior and have some summoning fun. Anybody with a little sympathy want to throw me anything to get me going? I really hate that I have to start this damn game over again, in particular I'd appreciate any runes for a summoner anyone could part with.

Hammer24

Banned
Have been away over the weekend, not being able to play. Now reading up on this thread - wow, I just hope I don´t run into some savegame bug, that´d suck. Hopefully the patch comes soon!
For those bitching about framerate - just do what has been written in this thread numerous times:
- install the game to HD
- in the options menu set the camera to "fixed"
- zoomout factor of ca. 80%
I run it at 1080p and apart from the occasional hiccup its smooth more than 90% of the time.

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
Need any piece of Faladal's Blizzard set.

I found a few more Faladal's pieces over the past weekend.

Faladal's Cord (Belt)
Faladal's Safe Step (Legs)
Faladal's Finesse (Boots)

All up for trade.

ElyrionX

Hammer24 said:
Have been away over the weekend, not being able to play. Now reading up on this thread - wow, I just hope I don´t run into some savegame bug, that´d suck. Hopefully the patch comes soon!
For those bitching about framerate - just do what has been written in this thread numerous times:
- install the game to HD
- in the options menu set the camera to "fixed"
- zoomout factor of ca. 80%
I run it at 1080p and apart from the occasional hiccup its smooth more than 90% of the time.

By Fixed, you mean "Static" right? Because I only got two options: Static and Following.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I'm nearing in on level 42 with my SW. Progressed the main quest up to where I killed
the giant Octo
. I have to say it really, really sucks that you can't cancel quests that you pick up. I have at least 3 NPCs following me around at all times, that generally just stand around and do nothing. I ended up finding a quest I couldn't take because I had too many followers.

Luckily I lost a few that had been given to me by the Orcs, but still, that's not good design on the dev's part.

PuMa said:
I found a few more Faladal's pieces over the past weekend.

Faladal's Cord (Belt)
Faladal's Safe Step (Legs)
Faladal's Finesse (Boots)

All up for trade.

Yeah I remember we even talked about trading. I have not run into one piece of the Pyro spec. armor.

I'll send you an invite next time I see you on.

Fun find of the evening - I picked up a blowpipe with a "Regeneration Per Hit +0.7s" last night, so I tried it out. I can now spam Darting Assault (shoots multiple darts) and as soon as they hit the regeneration time is dropped to zero. I can now spray DA pretty much nonstop. It doesn't hit very hard, but it's the quantity of hits that makes a difference for me.

Top Bottom