• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, quick but possibly important question here.

When I'm scrolling through the inventory, sometimes I'll have a quick grey/white line show up on the screen, then quickly disappear. Does this happen to anyone else? I've heard the game can be buggy, and that's what I'm hoping it is, but also I know things like this can be the start of a GPU problem.

So yeah, anyone else with the PS3 version out there who can shed some light on this? Really don't want my 7 month old PS3 to be frying already. ;_;

Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, quick but possibly important question here.

When I'm scrolling through the inventory, sometimes I'll have a quick grey/white line show up on the screen, then quickly disappear. Does this happen to anyone else? I've heard the game can be buggy, and that's what I'm hoping it is, but also I know things like this can be the start of a GPU problem.

So yeah, anyone else with the PS3 version out there who can shed some light on this? Really don't want my 7 month old PS3 to be frying already. ;_;

I'd have to check but I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Only problems I've had is massive tearing and low FPS with a lot of stuff onscreen.

Spike6663

Goddamn thread bump! I adored this game and my heart skipped a beat at the thought of DLC bumpage! I'm an account manager for a recruitment company and Ascaron were once a client - they are now amusingly categorised as 'inactive'.

I finally got around to picking up a used copy of Sacred 2 on Friday. What the game lacks in polish, it certainly makes up for in depth. I've logged 20+ hours with my level 25 dual wielding Seraphim so far, and am only at the beginning of Chapter 2. This a great (or bad, depending on how you look at it) game for anyone with OCD. I'm really impressed with the depth involved in planning your character builds. Once I finish the main quest with the Seraphim, I'm starting a Temple Guardian. :D Good stuff!

I'm glad I'm not giving this thread an epic bump, but just a minor bump.

A friend and I are looking for something fun to play co-op on xbox live. I heard this game had a lot of issues around launch--but how about now? Is it recommendable to a couple of old school fans of Diablo and D2?

jkanownik

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm glad I'm not giving this thread an epic bump, but just a minor bump.

A friend and I are looking for something fun to play co-op on xbox live. I heard this game had a lot of issues around launch--but how about now? Is it recommendable to a couple of old school fans of Diablo and D2?

My wife and I played 60+ hours co-op starting at launch on 360 without any major problems. It took awhile (~8 hours) for us to figure out what was going on, but once we did we loved it. We played through on every difficulty. I recommend zooming out and pretending the close up camera doesn't exist.

Shambles

Jugendstil said:
I finally got around to picking up a used copy of Sacred 2 on Friday. What the game lacks in polish, it certainly makes up for in depth. I've logged 20+ hours with my level 25 dual wielding Seraphim so far, and am only at the beginning of Chapter 2. This a great (or bad, depending on how you look at it) game for anyone with OCD. I'm really impressed with the depth involved in planning your character builds. Once I finish the main quest with the Seraphim, I'm starting a Temple Guardian. :D Good stuff!

I agree, it's a shame what happened with the developers and this title. I don't think i've seen another game with as much depth. It's too bad the multiplayer was plagued with non-game issues such as how they divided up the online multiplayers sections and the horrible lag for the PC NA players. Although it's been on my shelf for a while now I sank a lot of title into the game and would recommend it to anyone looking for this style of game.

Shambles said:
I agree, it's a shame what happened with the developers and this title. I don't think i've seen another game with as much depth. It's too bad the multiplayer was plagued with non-game issues such as how they divided up the online multiplayers sections and the horrible lag for the PC NA players. Although it's been on my shelf for a while now I sank a lot of title into the game and would recommend it to anyone looking for this style of game.
Quoted for truth. I have been playing this game with some friends for a couple of weeks (we're currently finishing our second gold run), and I wish we could get an expansion or a sequel.
LocoMrPollock said:
This game is also very pretty.
Also this. It's nearly impossible to play in SD (due to text size), but it's a real looker (water, particle effects, rain, the desert, some of the enemies, the trees/forests, etc). Too bad the framerate is so unstable and there's massive slowdown in some areas.

I kind of want a Sacred-type sci-fi game. Same engine (more stable, of course) but with a sci-fi theme and skill tree. It would be awesome :D

Shambles

FunkyPajamas said:
Quoted for truth. I have been playing this game with some friends for a couple of weeks (we're currently finishing our second gold run), and I wish we could get an expansion or a sequel.

Also this. It's nearly impossible to play in SD (due to text size), but it's a real looker (water, particle effects, rain, the desert, some of the enemies, the trees/forests, etc). Too bad the framerate is so unstable and there's massive slowdown in some areas.

I kind of want a Sacred-type sci-fi game. Same engine (more stable, of course) but with a sci-fi theme and skill tree. It would be awesome :D

With the settings up the game will use quite a bit of GPU horsepower. There's also a high resolution texture pack that you can download and use. There was also an expansion released called Blood and Iron. The new owners of the IP ensured that the expansion was still pushed out after they took over. Originally it was just out for consoles but it looks like the PC version is out as well.

Also if you're experienced weird performance issues check to see if physx is turned on. If your machine doesn't support it, it can kill your framerate.

Lebron

What the flipping fuck?! This game is far too massive to not have a strategy guide, and the damn game doesn't explain shit. With that said, I'm enjoying it. When I finally get my Ranged Dryad build the way I want it, she will own all.

Effect

Does Sacred 2 have a decent story? If the world is as big as they say other fighting and getting items I'm hoping the story is at least interesting.

Shurs said:
I picked this up on 360 a few weeks ago. The screen tearing is absolutely terrible.

Yeah, I played the 360 version and was turned off by it, and then I picked up the PC version during a sale, and man, it's like a different game. So good.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, I played the 360 version and was turned off by it, and then I picked up the PC version during a sale, and man, it's like a different game. So good.

PhysX runs suprisingly well also, Doesnt take a beefy nvidia card to do so.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I know i just bought the collectors edition off amazon for 9.99. It has that hi-res texture pack too. Although, after i bought it i heard there is a fuck-ton of problems with Windows 7 to the point where you cant even run it. I have vista 64 and even though it should run they still say there are crashing issues. I may just end up going back to my 360 version if there are too many technical problems.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What the fuck, installed the game on Vista (took over 2 freaken hours) i installed patch 2.4, ran the game, 2 minutes into character selection, fucking blue screen of death. No technical details. First blue screen in over a year. Restart machine, launch game, get into some gameplay cinematics, fucking bam, another hard system lock. What a waste of 10$. Never had a game hard system lock me on this pc.

~Kinggi~

Banned
water_wendi said:
Updated your video drivers recently?
Yup. Dont have any issues playing games like Starcraft 2 maxed out. I just loaded up a game just to make sure my video card wasnt dieing and it was fine for about 15 minutes.

Think its just a shitty software problem.

I think rather than go back to the 360 version of sacred 2 im just gonna say fuck that game and play Titan Quest. Brought the pack during the steam sale. Was hoping Sacred was gonna be my diablo game for a while but whatever. Kinda pissed i bought it now.

totoro'd

I didn't read this on the first page, but does the PC version have controller and/or wasd support? The bf and I are looking for a nice co-op, loot-driven arpg to hold us over until D3 gets here (it's between Sacred 2 and Titan's Quest right now)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hmm, seemed to have fixed the hard system crashes by disabling in-game Anti-aliasing. I have a 4870x2 in case anyone cares. Vista 64. I can play maxed out, just no AA. Didnt have a crash in 20 minutes play time.

So i guess all is not lost.

Funny though, my opinion of the game has not held up favorably since i last remember playing it when it first launched. Im actually thinking Titan Quest seems like a more interesting and polished loot game. Might even look a little more attractive too.

Ettie

I'm looking for a couple of screens of some ridiculous Sacred 2 loot. Anyone got anything they'd like to share?

Effect

Finally picked up a copy used from GameStop. Got the PS3 version but now looking at it I think it might have been better to get the PC version if the camera view was better. Still I like being able to sit on my couch and play this type of game. I have to keep fighting the urge to get PC games that aren't RTS. Not really seeing a point to completing the quest in the game though outside of the major ones though.

Is it safe to assume each of the classes have their own storyline and aren't simply repeats?

Do the side quest need to be done or can one just go through the major plot, such as it is, and still level up okay?

Thanks.

domstah

I loved it - it's a bit of a diamond in the rough - as most PC to console ports are.

I played the xbox360 version which was perfectly playable - the world is HUGE, easily one of the biggest you'll find in any game, and they do a pretty good job filling it, don't expect a stellar plot line - but there is enough to keep things interesting.

The networking side is a little clunky - but is sort of fun to truck around as a posse bringing all sorts of painful death to hordes of goblins and orcs.

I don't think the PS3 ever got patched because the company that made/published it went bankrupt after the game shipped.

FredFish

There is a patch for ps3 that takes the version to 1.2 when you first play. You can play at full 1080p which looks quite good but it will suffer from bad screen tearing at times. Setting the ps3 to force 720p helps with tearing but really reduces the graphical impact on a big screen so I put up with the tearing. There's a "boss" fight where slowdown is just plain awful (the fog monster thing) but other than that I don't remember it being anywhere near as prevalent as the tearing. Worth playing if you enjoy loot games even with its flaws

ripsa

Neo Member
Absolute gem of a game. It had such a great community and fun co-op vibe during it's peak. As well as awesome trading and PVP if you were into that.

I met so many other gamers through this and had great times with them. Absolutely amazing loot-whore action game.

I'd strongly reccomend it, especially for anyone who liked Borderlands and Diablo II or other games of that ilk.

Ken

I think I have this on Steam but never played it.

Is this a multiplayer game or just single player? If it's the former, is there any kind of split screen mode?

Patryn

Ken said:
I think I have this on Steam but never played it.

Is this a multiplayer game or just single player? If it's the former, is there any kind of split screen mode?

Multiplayer. There is no split-screen on the PC version. Each person will need their own computer and their own copy.

Gravijah

With the PS3 version, does anyone know how local co-op saves and stuff work? I'd like to be able to start a character at a friends while signed into my account and then bring the save home with me, but would that work?

Spike6663

If there's any UK/Euro GAF players here that still want to play, let me know. I've recently dug this back out to play with a group of 7/8 beginners from the GamesTM forum. I put circa 400 hours in to this back in the day and I've got several characters I'm itching to get back into.

I'm mainly using my 15-25 characters atm, but I've got a level 72 Seraphim that I havn't touched in yonks too. My GT is Spiiike - send me a friend request mentioning GAF if you wanna play.

Chris R

Just got the game (friend wants to play online maybe) and it is pretty fun. The delay between attacking and when the attack occurs and then the time it takes for the spell to actually arrive at the target is killing me though. I guess I won't be a spellcaster and will instead go with whatever class offers the fastest melee attacks.

And do I really have to find all the different "combat arts" things by myself? Anything else I should know that isn't covered in the OP?

Wow, this thread being bumped brings me back. After losing my single player progress joining someone elses game on 360, i have tried to jump back in 4 times in the past year and a half and i just cant. Dammit, I loved how huge the world was and the customization but i should have known better than to expect more patches after the first free one microsoft gives with a publisher that small.

Hammer24

Banned
And do I really have to find all the different "combat arts" things by myself? Anything else I should know that isn't covered in the OP?

The Wiki is a good place to start to read up on the game.
When it comes to combat arts, just remember that levelling those up is not necessarily a good thing, as the cool down times get longer too. F.i. sometimes its better being able to spam out small fireballs in rapid succession than throwing one really huge one, and than fleeing combat for several minutes.

In the end, its best to create several characters and try around a little, which suites you best.

ReaperXL7

Lol when i saw this pop up i was hoping for some new info on sacred 3, kind of been in thw mood to jump into this again. Think ill probably do that after the first of the year since i already have my plate pretty full at thw moment.

Top Bottom