• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, if I was to get this on consoles (in before GLORIOUS MASTER RACE PC GAMERS), which version would be better? Is the US PS3 version STILL unpatched?

Note: I don't give a damn about OMFG SCREEN TEARS! or ZOMG NOT 60 FPS. I'm talking which plays better/has better support on either console.

Lain

TheSeks said:
So, if I was to get this on consoles (in before GLORIOUS MASTER RACE PC GAMERS), which version would be better? Is the US PS3 version STILL unpatched?

Note: I don't give a damn about OMFG SCREEN TEARS! or ZOMG NOT 60 FPS. I'm talking which plays better/has better support on either console.

I downloaded a new patch for my US PS3 copy the last time I played it, but I'm not sure if it had everything in it the EU patch had.
I have no idea about the X360 version, so can't help you on which version plays better (less tearing/less slowdowns).

Spike6663

Shoogoo said:
Also, I don't know exactly who is Spiiike in my friend list but I'm sorry. There is a reason I never added any gaffer on this game. I play this with my gf and we only have one gold sub. And even if we had two, I'm not sure we could play over xbox live on the same console. She could come as a guest, maybe, but that wouldn't be fair for her to start a new character (that can't be saved either).

That was me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Shoogoo said:
But the item doesn't evolve according to your level then? If I have a sucky helm it will remain a sucky helm until I find a newer, higher level helm. Right?
Yup
Yes, I can't thank you enough. I have +3 on my armor, legguard, and arms. +3 on a sword, +2 on 4 rings and +2 on 2 amulets. My fireball goes for 800 dmg, regens in 0.8s and I walk through the game.

edit : another question. What's the max + all skills for rings and ammys? is it +2?
It's based on item level which is based loosely on character level. As your level increases you will get higher "+skill" items, but you will need an exponential amount of Bargaining to do it. It's mainly only viable under level... 60 off the top of my head.

There are 'sections' of effects to as what each level of bargaining can do, at a certain point you can get +skill items, however as you level up higher, instead of bargaining at being twice your level, it might need to be 3 times your level to have the same effect. At least on PC side.

Glad your character is fixed :lol Hoped you shared some rings with your gf too.

Shoogoo

Hazaro said:
Glad your character is fixed :lol Hoped you shared some rings with your gf too.

We agreed to get our characters at the same level of effiency :lol That way she doesn't have to let me mobs out of pity. Kind of boring for her lol.

It's a win-win.

Edit: oops, double post. Soz

2real4tv

TheSeks said:

Here a interview with the dev: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sacred-2-1080p-interview

and a comparison vid: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sacred-2-1080p-performance

But to answer question they are approx identical from what I read.

Shoogoo

Back I am with a question;

If I'm full Arrant pyromancer, what could keep me from eating shit tons of runes for Incandescent Skin?

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Back I am with a question;

If I'm full Arrant pyromancer, what could keep me from eating shit tons of runes for Incandescent Skin?

(aside from max lvl without penalty) Nothing... *nom nom nom nom*
:D

No45 said:
I'm sure that adds regen to each of your AP based CAs.

Nope. Lowers AP... increases all others.

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
:D You mean that at some point it goes like 4.6 > 4.8 > 5.0 > 5.1?

Yep... check your AP Focus. It will list the max LV without penalty. After that, you only get partial levels for each rune.

Frenck

Banned
Sacred 2 really is a lot of fun on consoles. Makes it even more mind boggling that Diablo 3 will be limited to an inferior platform and a small audience. Not that we would need it anyway.

Will this game see further post release support btw?

Mrbob

2real4tv said:
Here a interview with the dev: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sacred-2-1080p-interview

and a comparison vid: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sacred-2-1080p-performance

Wow, this is a case where I wish the devs had targeted 720P on the console. I notice in 720P the game is still rendering at 1080P, then scaling down.

Frenck said:
Sacred 2 really is a lot of fun on consoles. Makes it even more mind boggling that Diablo 3 will be limited to an inferior platform and a small audience. Not that we would need it anyway.

o_O

Giard

Cahill said:
(aside from max lvl without penalty) Nothing... *nom nom nom nom*
:D
Nope. Lowers AP... increases all others.

Not true. It lowers AP CA's regen time and increases every CA's regen time, including the AP ones. You have to closely watch the percentage when eating runes.

Example:
Level 2 could mean
-30% AP regen time, +25% Regen time on all CAs

Level 3
-35% AP regen time, +40% Regen time on all CAs

So your AP CAs would still get a +5% regen time increase.

You can, however, eat as many runes as you want for GI.

Cahill

Banned
Giard said:
Not true. It lowers AP CA's regen time and increases every CA's regen time, including the AP ones. You have to closely watch the percentage when eating runes.

Example:
Level 2 could mean
-30% AP regen time, +25% Regen time on all CAs

Level 3
-35% AP regen time, +40% Regen time on all CAs

So your AP CAs would still get a +5% regen time increase.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for the correction.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
2real4tv said:

Hmm... well, I was talking more in terms of patch/bugs squashed support. I heard the PS3 was pretty bad (but the 360 had a gamesave bug?). So I'm curious which one is "safer" to play.

I'm kinda leaning toward the PS3 version, but I'm not too sure the community is going to be there when I do finally pick it up for $30. :|

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Lain said:
I downloaded a new patch for my US PS3 copy the last time I played it, but I'm not sure if it had everything in it the EU patch had.
I have no idea about the X360 version, so can't help you on which version plays better (less tearing/less slowdowns).

When were you prompted to download a patch? Can anyone else confirm that the US PS3 version was recently patched?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok thanks! I've been holding off on this game due to the massive lockups and game crashes that were plagueing the PS3 version.

Since the 1.02 patch has any of this improved, and has the changelog been released?

EDIT-- Looks like the answer regarding the changelog is here...i did some checking around. Looks like the US 1.02 patch is the equivalent of the EU 1.04 patch..

http://www.cdv-forum.com/cdvboard/english/showthread.php?p=726149#post726149

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Giard said:

Yup, I have like 35 runes in GI :lol
It's only level 15.1 or something though.

No45

Mashing

As someone has mentioned in that suggestions, thread, I hope they step back and analyze what worked and what didn't for the first two games. Also, I hope they can put a small team on fixing the bugs in Sacred 2 (which would probably be different without the original developers). Of course, nothing is stopping them from hiring some of the original developers to develop S3 (in a produce type capacity, not necessarily one of the programmers).

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Picked this game up based on the raving in this thread, so a good job on selling this, guys. :)

My Seraphim is now up to level 20 and I'm still only in the elf section of the map. I have a horse, but I think I might go and get my tiger before it gets too damn expensive.

I caved and bought the Carrier Imp and it's really a useful piece of DLC if you're a bit OCD like me and have to pick up everything that gets dropped.

I'm finding things easy on Silver, so I'm wondering if I should I just plow through the main quest and then restart and do all the subquests on Gold. (I really wish they hadn't locked the difficulty levels. :/)

Hammer24

Banned
luxarific said:
I'm finding things easy on Silver, so I'm wondering if I should I just plow through the main quest and then restart and do all the subquests on Gold. (I really wish they hadn't locked the difficulty levels. :/)

If they hadn´t locked the difficulties, it would be frustratingly hard.
Just do as you plan to anyway - rush through Silver to get your character going and start to plan your goings in the higher difficulties.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Just got a update for the PC version. Not sure what it does yet.

I checked about 3 weeks ago and didnt have one so this is very recent.

Patch 2.43 Came out 7/3/09

Bugfixes:

* The heroes do not point out insufficient armor against the wrong damage
types anymore.

* Reflection damage from NPCs has been reduced.

* The Sakkara demon on the "Start Island" no longer attacks the player
unless he has been attacked first.

* Gold and XP amounts will now be displayed using periods as the
thousands separator. (For example 123.456.789.000)

* When fight music is disabled, the region music will continue to play
during combat.

* The bonus "push rider from mount" has been removed.

* Blowpipes are now able to hit mounted creatures.

* Achievements will only be shown ingame and commented by the hero the
first they are accomplished.

* The achievement "Group Hug" is now possible to accomplish.

* Other heroes in multiplayer game sessions are now less chatty.

Nothing really big it seems. Theres more but those are the bug fixes

I'm still having real trouble with Octagolamus - I lure him to the dry area infront of the cave entrance, but as soon as I get his health down to 95% or so, he just instantly heals again.

He's weak to fire right? I've tried a throwing star weapon with fire damage but still no luck. :(

How else can I add fire damage to my main bow weapon? This thing is driving me crazy!

I'm a level 37 Dryad btw.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lastplayed said:
I'm still having real trouble with Octagolamus - I lure him to the dry area infront of the cave entrance, but as soon as I get his health down to 95% or so, he just instantly heals again.

He's weak to fire right? I've tried a throwing star weapon with fire damage but still no luck. :(

How else can I add fire damage to my main bow weapon? This thing is driving me crazy!

Socket -> Blacksmith -> Chunk of Lava

Probably better to do on a weapon that is not your main though.

GreekWolf

lastplayed said:

Cool to see this thread is still alive and kicking. :)

Octagolamus can be a major headache for certain builds, especially in Plat and beyond. You're definitely on the right track, as fire damage is the most effective element to use against him.

To add fire dmg to your bow (or any other weapon), look in your inventory screen to check and see if your weapon has a grey colored block listed in it's description, like in this Kybele's Song -
DSC00921.jpg

If it does, then you can visit a blacksmith, and forge any of the elements you might have collected during your travels to your weapon. For fire damage, you'll need a chunk of lava. If you don't currently have one, there's a minor quest given by one of the guards (near a bridge) just outside of Twainbrook.

Optionally, any silver colored blocks in your weapon's inventory description will allow you to forge rings to your weapon, while gold blocks will enable amulets. Many rings/amulets have an element dmg modifier.

Finally, and this might sound silly, but always remember to unequip your weapon before talking to the blacksmith, or else it won't show up on his screen. Can't even begin to tell you how that minor detail confused me for entirely too long!

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

I found a chunk of lava at the blacksmith and finally took down the beast - after using about 30 health potions. :-/

And yeah, unequipping your gear before seeing the blacksmith caught me out too!

snakeiox

Neo Member
hi i have a sera lvl 39 and i want to know where can i find pieces of set armors or if it just drop randomly i want a complete set, is there any way to get it quickly? i want the Niokaste's Blade Dance set, if anyone want to give me a piece of that armor set i will be very happy :D my psn is: snakeiox, thanks in advance

Does anyone play the game without wearing much armour?

I kinda like the simple look of not wearing too much armour, but then you don't get all the bonuses.

Hammer24

Banned
lastplayed said:
Does anyone play the game without wearing much armour?

I kinda like the simple look of not wearing too much armour, but then you don't get all the bonuses.

You´ll get your ass kicked for real on the higher difficulties without armor.
function > looks ;)

GreekWolf

Guys, I probably should have asked this in the online/matchup thread, but I don't think anyone has checked it in several months.

I'm trying to complete my Denderan's Tactical Genius set, and have eveything but the boots (level 60 or higher). If anyone has a pair they'd like to trade for, send me a msg on Live. Would greatly appreciate it.

GT is Greekw0lf - with a zero in wolf. Thanks!

Mudo

I have the PC version of the game, and have been trying to install and patch it for over a week. I can (usually) get it to install without freezing, but when I try to patch it, the computer freezes at some point every single time. I have tried the single big patch and the little individual ones, to no luck. I have other games installed and patched and they are all fine so I'm assuming it's the game. Any advice on what I can do or try to get this to work? I'd rather not go out and buy the 360 version if I don't have to....

Just started the game based on the whole "baldur's gate/champions" thing and I noticed right off the bat that the text is tiny. Like, I'm going to get a migraine tiny. Does this change on an HD set? Because holy cow.

snakeiox

Neo Member
allegate said:
Just started the game based on the whole "baldur's gate/champions" thing and I noticed right off the bat that the text is tiny. Like, I'm going to get a migraine tiny. Does this change on an HD set? Because holy cow.
yes on an hd set, the text its bigger =) you can read it easily, on a SD TV you almost cant read anything =S

Bresson

Neo Member
allegate said:

Nope! When I was playing this game my eyes were seriously hurting every evening after a few hours. And it was getting worse every day, after a few weeks playing it my eyes were sore after like 30 mins playing it.

I want to pick this up for 360 today, maybe I can find it for around $40 new. Anyway, I only have SD TVs to play on, the one in my living room is huge though, Id guess it's around 50'. The one in my bedroom is about 24'. What can I expect for text readability?

Someone stole my HDTV a few months back, but I won't let them prevent me from playing this game! Hopefully, I'll have a new HD by November.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
So is anyone excited for the Sacred 2: Ice and Blood expansion? Looks really good.

I dropped the game because my friends havent been playing it but ill probly pick up the expansion. The new Dragon mage class looks crazy.

Console version is coming too btw.

AkuMifune

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Console version is coming too btw.

Seriously? I hadn't seen that anywhere. Awesome if true.

I also need to get back into this. I got lost somewhere in the middle of the campaign and need to find time to finish it up before the holiday rush starts.

Top Bottom