• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

A month and a half ago I made the mistake of joinng someone elses game, only to learn that my progress in single player was fucking reset. I haven't touched the game since.

Aaron

If the expansion does come to consoles, I'll be there day one. Not nearly finished the first though. Amazing lootwhore game.

AkuMifune

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
A month and a half ago I made the mistake of joinng someone elses game, only to learn that my progress in single player was fucking reset. I haven't touched the game since.

It wasn't reset! Just for that difficulty. I think.

The same thing happened to me, apparently. I was playing Silver, joined my brothers game and didn't know he was on bronze. When I tried to load in my game it defaulted to the last scenario I had played (his bronze) and seemed that it had reset my progression. Just going back to the menu and creating a new game on Silver gave me the option to continue my campaign were I left off. So try creating a new game with that character on the difficulty you were originally playing on and see if "continue campaign" is an option.

That's probably 1000X more rambling and incoherent an explanation than was needed, but I just had two espressos. :)

Billen

Banned
fanboi said:
Just bought if for 99 SEK (around 14 $).

What am I in for? (PC)

Where did you get it for 99 SEK? Would love to get my hands on it, and 99 kronor isn't all too expensive. And oh, what platform?

maxmars

I've searched the thread to see what people think about the controls on consoles, but couldn't guess whether they are ok or not. What's the verdict on the matter?

I understand this is better played on PC but I was fleshing out my newborn PS3 library and this looked a juicy title.

GreekWolf

maxmars said:
I've searched the thread to see what people think about the controls on consoles, but couldn't guess whether they are ok or not. What's the verdict on the matter?

I understand this is better played on PC but I was fleshing out my newborn PS3 library and this looked a juicy title.
Just from my experience, the console versions are actually easier (and more intuitive) to control than the PC. Mapping combat arts is a breeze.

My primary gripe right now with the 360 version, is that duping has become standard practice, making it virtually impossible to trade weapons/armor online with people you aren't familiar with. Of course, that defeats the whole purpose of a loot whore game if you can't meet up with random folks and flea market.

I have several friends who have abandoned their lvl 100+ characters after unknowingly accepting duped items in exchange for legit goods, which promptly screwed their save game beyond repair. Hundreds of hours gone in an instant.

I've heard that the PS3 game hasn't suffered the same fate yet, so if you're still sitting on the fence on which console version to pick up then maybe that'll provide some insight. Cheaters really suck.

Cahill

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:

What? It shouldn't be reset. You just can't pick continue - instead, (like AkuMifune said) select Start Campaign (like you are creating an online game, cause you are) then select Silver difficulty (or whatever you were on) and then select Continue Campaign. That's it.

GreekWolf said:
My primary gripe right now with the 360 version, is that duping has become standard practice, making it virtually impossible to trade weapons/armor online with people you aren't familiar with.

Sucks to hear that. I haven't played the game in a while but am lucky to have had a good group to run with when I was playing.

nli10

Cahill said:
What? It shouldn't be reset. You just can't pick continue - instead, (like AkuMifune said) select Start Campaign (like you are creating an online game, cause you are) then select Silver difficulty (or whatever you were on) and then select Continue Campaign. That's it.

Yeah - I did exactly the same. Got all annoyed that my friends Bronze had erased my silver. :lol

Came back and changed the difficulty and everything was intact. Still managed to get 3 mounts killed in one session due to being underlevelled compared to my co-player tho...

Why no game lets you do decent Twinking on the XP by fighting higher level things I'll never understand.

maxmars

GreekWolf said:
Just from my experience, the console versions are actually easier (and more intuitive) to control than the PC. Mapping combat arts is a breeze.

My primary gripe right now with the 360 version, is that duping has become standard practice, making it virtually impossible to trade weapons/armor online with people you aren't familiar with. Of course, that defeats the whole purpose of a loot whore game if you can't meet up with random folks and flea market.

I have several friends who have abandoned their lvl 100+ characters after unknowingly accepting duped items in exchange for legit goods, which promptly screwed their save game beyond repair. Hundreds of hours gone in an instant.

I've heard that the PS3 game hasn't suffered the same fate yet, so if you're still sitting on the fence on which console version to pick up then maybe that'll provide some insight. Cheaters really suck.

Ugh that just plain sucks. Hundred of hours thrown down the drain? No thanks. Will research more on the subject, thanks!

Aaron

maxmars said:
Ugh that just plain sucks. Hundred of hours thrown down the drain? No thanks. Will research more on the subject, thanks!
Just don't accept items from people you don't know. Works in real life, works in Sacred 2.

anyone get the pc steam-distro version working under win7? you can fix the non-steam version by setting the executable to run as admin and in xp compat mode, but there's no way to set that for the steam version

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
PS3 players, would it be possible to schedule a time where we could all log on to get the 4 players in the same game achievement? I have been trying for days to get it but games are often only 1/4 players or at most 2/4. I tried logging into a game to make it 3/4 and we waited forever for a 4th person to show up but no one ever did.

Edit: Crap wouldn't you know it. As soon as I posted this I was able to find a 3/4 player game!

Q8D3vil

sry to bump this thread , but i need to know if the pc version playable after patches

because me and my friend are coming from titan quest and we dont know anything about sacred 2

btw im thinking about buying it for 20$ for amazon , can i found digital copy for the same price ?!

thanks

Tailzo

Anyone still up for online play in the ps3 version? I am level 8, found it to be kinda boring, but if I could find someone to play with....

Tailzo said:
Anyone still up for online play in the ps3 version? I am level 8, found it to be kinda boring, but if I could find someone to play with....
I am definitely up for play. got the game pretty much on day 1 but couldn't enjoy it since I had a POS 26" SDTV back then. Upgraded to a 32" HDTV but my friends were already all level awesome and I couldn't play with them anymore. I can't remember my current level (it's been almost a year since I last played the game, I think), but I can log in later today (in about 5 hours, once I leave home) and check.

You can add me if you want, psn id is the same as gaf username, I have a mic and enjoy doing co-op. I can't even remember what my character was, lol, but we'll talk later today if you want. :D

Tailzo said:
Nice, thanks. I'm not sure if it supports voice chat though.
:) sure it does. there was a bug a while back, something concerning 4 ps3 users and one of them not being able to hear the other three (or the other way around, I can't remember), something to that effect, anyway (one player being cut-off from the rest of the team), but I think they fixed that not so long ago.

Anyway, I'll add you when I get home. I've been trying to get two friends to buy the game, but we'd been busy playing borderlands these past few weeks; so this will be a welcome change of pace :D

Spike6663

Argh! When I saw this bumped I hoped that it was due to some xmas miracle providing consoole gamers with the expansion for my most played game of 2009.

I have a question for anyone with the 360 version of this. Just started playing it last week or something, had put 11 hours or so into it, done a shit load of quests. So i decided to try out the multi, just went to quick match or whatever, played a bit and then quit. Then later on, when I went to continue my SP game, I was back to the start of the game with no quests done. I still have all my shit, but my quest log is empty.

So basically has me playing some co-op just overwritten my save? Or am I doing something stupid? Fuck this game if i can't continue from where i was :<

dallow_bg

nods at old men
number1jagsfan said:
I have a question for anyone with the 360 version of this. Just started playing it last week or something, had put 11 hours or so into it, done a shit load of quests. So i decided to try out the multi, just went to quick match or whatever, played a bit and then quit. Then later on, when I went to continue my SP game, I was back to the start of the game with no quests done. I still have all my shit, but my quest log is empty.

So basically has me playing some co-op just overwritten my save? Or am I doing something stupid? Fuck this game if i can't continue from where i was :<
See post 2953.

Rawk Hawk

number1jagsfan said:

People still play this online often on the 360? I have been toying with playing this some more again, pretty fun game, never completed Silver either..

With the pile of good games coming out this Q1, not sure I will get back into it soon, but nice to hear people still playing it.

Shoogoo

Both my controller have their sticks a bit loose and it's horrendous for this game. Your character moves by itself and you can't launch a spell while moving so it makes it very tedious, anybody else suffer from that?

Effect

I recall hearing that the game had a number of bugs when it was released. Is that still true or has that been patched away?

~Kinggi~

Banned
why the fuck did someone have to bump this thread! I totally forgot about my copy and 15 hour game i had going. Damn, the game world is so freaking gigantic!!

Also, what is the deal with the expansion??? Is it released on PC yet? I cant find it on Amazon. And lets just say some 'release' sites are claiming to have the expansion pack ready for download. Seems weird it would be out like that and not available to buy..

Me and my buddy just got the game for the 360. We are just going to have some Co-op fun.

Are there anything that we are supposed to keep in mind before starting the game? Never played a Sacred game before, so just want to see if there is anything specific.

For beginners what difficulty should we start it on? How is the Co-op in the game by the way? I am hoping that it is drop-in drop-out.

~Kinggi~ said:
why the fuck did someone have to bump this thread! I totally forgot about my copy and 15 hour game i had going. Damn, the game world is so freaking gigantic!!

Also, what is the deal with the expansion??? Is it released on PC yet? I cant find it on Amazon. And lets just say some 'release' sites are claiming to have the expansion pack ready for download. Seems weird it would be out like that and not available to buy..

It's still only compatible with non-US copies according to what (little) I've read about it.

Square Triangle said:
I just picked this up for the hell of it, anyone down for some play on the PS3?

PSN: Jrod87, it's installing now.
You can add me if you want; PSN: FunkyPajamas. I've played the game for a while (started two characters from scratch), but haven't ventured too far. I'm even thinking of starting a new playthrough yet again (silver, I think, I can't even remember).

Drop me a line and I'll try to set up a game. Cheers.

The forums at sacred2.com have some good build guides. Sacred 2 does not allow you to respec yourself, so follow a guide unless you enjoy restarting from the beginning to test builds. Since you can easily blow 100+ hours in this game on the hundreds of sidequests in addition to the main quest like Oblivion, I wouldn't go with trial and error here.

This game actually made me go look for Blind Guardian's albums. They made a concept album which tells the story of the Silmarillion with heavy metal. :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Unknown Soldier said:
The forums at sacred2.com have some good build guides. Sacred 2 does not allow you to respec yourself, so follow a guide unless you enjoy restarting from the beginning to test builds. Since you can easily blow 100+ hours in this game on the hundreds of sidequests in addition to the main quest like Oblivion, I wouldn't go with trial and error here.
haha ya. I wasted so much time making a template for my character, and by then I kinda got burned out of the game :(

Good game though. I should pop back in sometime.

God, this game crashes so much in Windows 7, I am seriously thinking about creating a dual-boot WinXP install just to play this goddamn game. Goddamn Ascaron going out of business, who's going to make Sacred 3 now in addition to fixing the thousands of bugs still in Sacred 2?! :lol

Christ, I realized as I was trying to even find a 3.5" floppy disk in my house that I didn't even know if I had any. I actually have always had an old USB floppy disk drive around but I couldn't find any disks to put in it! In desperation, I dug into one of my old motherboard boxes and "liberated" one of the included floppy disks which had some old F6 Windows XP install drive controller drivers on it. And then when I put connected the drive and put the disk in, it occurred to me that I hadn't heard the familiar floppy disk drive noises in many, many years now. :lol

Ah I totally returned that shit. I played it for about an hour and could not understand how it was passed for release, so many issues with this game. And only an hour in.

Thanks anyways mate!

Unknown Soldier said:
Goddamn Ascaron going out of business, who's going to make Sacred 3 now in addition to fixing the thousands of bugs still in Sacred 2?! :lol
hehe. I doubt anyone will do anything more for sacred2. but I think deepsilver got a few guys from ascaron for sacred3 development. only 20 or so guys from ascaron went on to gaming minds studios under kalypso doing the new patrician and the darkstarone port.

Sacred 2 is a pretty straightforward example of the more-is-more mentality. It's the same mentality which gave us games like Crysis. And not to knock Sacred 2, because the scope and ambition of that game is tremendous, but the bigger your gameworld gets, the more quests you cram into it, and the most complicated the engine that powers it, the necessary end result is always more bugs than an African marsh. My God is this game buggy, it makes Oblivion look like the most polished and bug-free game ever made.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just picked this up for $10 (PS3). Pretty sure it's exactly the kind of game I've been looking for. But then that thing a few posts up about using a build guide kinda scares me...afraid I'll screw up or something.

What am I in for here, GAF?

Seraphis Cain said:
Just picked this up for $10 (PS3). Pretty sure it's exactly the kind of game I've been looking for. But then that thing a few posts up about using a build guide kinda scares me...afraid I'll screw up or something.

What am I in for here, GAF?

I also just started playing this on PS3 again on whim after picking it up at launch.

Very fun game. Shame I didn't get into this earlier.

It's got a fairly complex character development system that really threw me off, I guarantee you'll restart a bunch of times until you get the hang of it since there's no respec.

Build guides do help but I found I needed to play a bunch of times to try all the classes and possibilities. Since there's a limited amount of skills you can buy the guides tell you which ones to get and which ones to avoid.

I don't think you can really mess up a character once you get the basics though. Shadow Warrior, High Elf and Seraphim seem to be the best beginner classes.

Specialize, each classes has 3 skill trees (and a corresponding focus and lore for each that you'll want). You can also enhance your combat arts within these as you level so modify your commonly used attacks first.

Don't go all crazy using combat art skill runes, while they up your damage they also increase your recharge times. You don't want your main attacks to be on a big cooldown.

I'm still learning but I finally got a workable Pyro High Elf running around and blowing stuff up with that flame wave spell.

That's what I figured out after a weekend of playing lol :lol

Top Bottom