• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Pluto

Venus would be my #1 pick today. How about you guys?
My favorite is Pluto. then in descending order:

Venus
Mercury
Saturn

After them I can't decide on an order except for Chibiusa who's always last, there were moments when I thought she was okay but I was never a fan of her as a soldier. The Pink Sugar Heart Attack failures in S were funny at the start but then her uselessness became annoying. She got way more attention than she deserved in SuperS and she didn't even have a real attack, she called pegasus, I hated that because it also nerved Sailor Moon who needed a stupid horse to show up for her attack to work.

Damn, either I've really been slacking...or Mike just really likes posting about Sailor Moon.

Who Posted? Total Posts: 1,901
User Name Posts
MikeMyers 475
KDash31987 317
cj_iwakura 196
RoryDropkick 134
Hitokage 134
TheBatman 129
Pluto 57
Conan-san 46
Syrinx 36
Femmeworth 29
Cheerilee 28
Box of Bunnies 28
Zoe 26
Bladenic 19
zeopower6 15
Man God 15
SaintZ 13
Kave_Man 11
Amalthea 10
UberTag 10
KirbYuuYuu 9
Chet Rippo 9
PepsimanVsJoe 9
cajunator 8
enigmatic_alex44 8
duckroll 6
DrForester 6
Hours Left 6
Emitan 6
Doctor Ninja 6
Andrex 5
Lord Ghirahim 5
jello44 5
Narag 5
kingkitty 4
SailorCosmos 4
ZombiePlatypus 4
shadowkat 3
royalan 3
ReXXXSoprano 3
HolyBaikal 3
foxuzamaki 3
Uraizen 3
Cynosure 2
firehawk12 2
Necrovex 2
Stulaw 2
bjork 2
BBboy20 2
DR2K 2
jbug617 2
Lambtron 2
Regulus Tera 2
Articalys 2
Quackula 2
Yado 2
King Endymion 1
Necedah 1
Flink 1
Atsumi 1
Benclank01 1
MikeHattsu 1
wonzo 1
Scirrocco 1
KremlinChaos 1
Koppai 1
Damon Bennet 1
kirblar 1
lazybones18 1
SpeedySwaf 1
megadarve 1
StayDead 1
dan2026 1
Crocodile 1
Zee-Row 1
catmincer 1
madp 1
xaosslug 1
redhairedking 1
Peru 1

Anyway, here's another neat shirt to break your wallets: http://popuptee.com/collections/sale/products/animeniacs

lruZcBY.jpg

It's available until Saturday.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 70
tumblr_mdrfi1pX4u1ro8ba4o2_500.png

"Well at least Bladenic is happy"

Koan intends on capturing Chibiusa at the Hikawa Shrine, but she crosses paths with Rei. Koan's rivalry with Rei comes to an end where Rei compassionately spares her despite Koan going crazy due to Rubeus treating her like shit. Really intense episode, especially at the scene where Koan is having a breakdown.

Gif time! Don't acknowledge that these are all obviously stolen from tumblr:
tumblr_mdr8zz6PTS1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

tumblr_mdraciTgQ91ro8ba4o1_r2_400.gif

tumblr_mdr9tsn5LW1ro8ba4o2_400.gif

Truly Outrageous new avatar there. I approve. :D

Hehehe. I'm glad someone noticed that! And approved of it! Outrageous! :D

I actually made a few of them earlier (Edit: And then I updated them), along with some other stuff (Edit: Which also got updated). I plan to make more once the artist finishes doing the rest of the characters. At least I got the original band line up done.

Don't acknowledge that these are all obviously stolen from tumblr:

Thief! :p

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 71
tumblr_mdte4usNnd1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

The Inner Senshi feud with the Phantom Sisters continues with Ami facing Berthier off in a Chess Match. Every time a chess piece is eliminated, the player gets part of their body frozen. However, the match is interrupted by the other sisters and Mamoru, and Berithier has a breakdown when faced with defeat.

While it's nice she got redemption, it would have been a lot more interesting to see the match actually conclude instead of being interrupted. Wait a sec, where do Koan and Berthier even live once they became domesticated?

Pluto

Sailor Moon R 71
I didn't like how Berthier just seemed to give up and tried to commit suicide in this episode, it was too similar to Koan trying to die by blowing herself up in the episode before but at least she had her feelings crushed in the worst way by Rubeus.

I'm probably going to start a re-watch of the first season and a re-read of the Dark Kingdom manga arc to get prepared for Sailor Moon Crystal.
Less then two months, I'm really excited at the moment.

MikeMyers

Yeah, I thought it would have been better had it just been a chess match and there was no interruptions.

Speaking of manga, I finally got around to finishing Sailor V manga today despite owning it for so long. Really fun "monster of the week" scenarios thanks to Minako's bubbly personality. Would recommend it to those that are fan of her character.

Pluto

They're so pretty, I hope they release them as a pair to shorten the waiting time for Pluto.
It's surprising there are no plans for Chibimoon so far, I thought she was very popular in Japan.

MikeMyers

Does Sailor Luna in PGSM count as Chibiusa on TV? :p

Sailor Moon R 72
tumblr_mdv227vg8r1ro8ba4o5_500.png

Well the Phantom Sisters feud with the Inner Senshi comes to an end, and it's a shame that Makoto and Minako didn't get their own independent episode to battle them. Rubeus creates a dimensional tear that will suck up everything, but the girls manage to stop it with their SAILOR PLANET POWER attack.

Happiness Precure 9
Karate is cool! And so is Sing No Jutsu, apparently.

MikeMyers

Ami - 151
Rei - 152
Makoto & Minako - 154

Shared that too.

I've been keeping track of appearances for this arc and it looks like Makoto will be at last place so far. Don't want to spoil too much though.

Awesome, I call dibs one Ami even if it means I have to betray Pluto, I think I'll alternate between the two from now on.

Thanks. :)

No problem! :)

If you ever want a new Pluto avatar, let me know! I'll be happy to make one.

Oh, yeah, and because I'm bored, here's my Tumblr page again: http://sailordash.tumblr.com

Expect to see a lot of gifs and stuff that I make there once Sailor Moon Crystal starts airing. Maybe I'll even change the theme to match the show, since it's currently more Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon focused.

(Oh, and not Sailor Moon related, but I also just made a Jem and the Holograms page, too, if any one is interested: http://jemholograms.tumblr.com )

Sailor Moon R 72
tumblr_mdv227vg8r1ro8ba4o5_500.png

Well the Phantom Sisters feud with the Inner Senshi comes to an end, and it's a shame that Makoto and Minako didn't get their own independent episode to battle them. Rubeus creates a dimensional tear that will suck up everything, but the girls manage to stop it with their SAILOR PLANET POWER attack.

Happiness Precure 9
Karate is cool! And so is Sing No Jutsu, apparently.
That was so lame. They did that a lot too. :/

R truly has some amazing episodes, my favorite season. SM and SMR are the only two series where the fillers don't feel like fillers, so much stuff happens in them so they feel like story eps too.
Starting with S and especially SuperS and Stars, the fillers gets on my nerves.

The Ayakashi Sisters are my favorite villains, and I prefer them heaps over their manga counterparts.

Conan-san

R truly has some amazing episodes, my favorite season. SM and SMR are the only two series where the fillers don't feel like fillers, so much stuff happens in them so they feel like story eps too.

The Ayakashi Sisters are my favorite villains, and I prefer them heaps over their manga counterparts.

That said, Koan incinerating that one preschool girl was pretty metal.

Not that I condone the act, but keeping in mind that you're seeing this in what was effectivly Girl's Shonen Jump (or maybe Shonen Sunday...what is Kodansha's weekly rag?) doing so was pretty ballsy of everyone involved.

I miss girls' comics that would do that.

Bikkun

Neo Member

No, :p

Did Makoto and Minako get individual episodes for their new attacks in SuperS or did they have to share that too?

Koike Rina, Luna's actress, was CONVINCED she was playing Chibiusa.. up until they gave her Luna's costume. So yeah.

On Mako and Mina, they started sharing focus episodes in R, sadly. SuperS too.

Not that I condone the act, but keeping in mind that you're seeing this in what was effectivly Girl's Shonen Jump (or maybe Shonen Sunday...what is Kodansha's weekly rag?) doing so was pretty ballsy of everyone involved.

Oh, yeah, that was awesome. I guess it's just because they got more fleshed out in the anime that I prefer them there. And because the "every-person-must-be-saved" mentality that Usagi had in the anime starting with R wasn't tired out yet, that is one the reasons I can barely watch Stars. -_-

From wanting to kill Katarina for stealing Alan from Minako to wanting to save the villain who killed your friends and lover, I know it's supposed to be character development, but I still don't care for it lol.

Zoe

Nakayoshi is monthly.

Conan-san

Semantics >_>'

Anyway, I'm currently tidying up my XMBC set up and I'm planing on using the Box Set case art for each Season, however, I can only find S' art.

like so;

gAoHdVo.jpg

Anyone know where I could find scans of the other boxes?

Conan-san

That's great. It really helpped getting the best DVD Covers and the box scans.

Gonna go through that 96 ep (plus or minus a few episodes that I think are imporant) run sooner or later (and now that I'm on SS and Stars, that'll be sooner, far less good episodes in those two).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh, yeah, that was awesome. I guess it's just because they got more fleshed out in the anime that I prefer them there. And because the "every-person-must-be-saved" mentality that Usagi had in the anime starting with R wasn't tired out yet, that is one the reasons I can barely watch Stars. -_-

From wanting to kill Katarina for stealing Alan from Minako to wanting to save the villain who killed your friends and lover, I know it's supposed to be character development, but I still don't care for it lol.
That episode was fairly out of character to begin with. It felt wrong even just in the first season.

That episode was fairly out of character to begin with. It felt wrong even just in the first season.
Yeah, I guess a little, but I still liked it, though maybe I like the whole episode because it's pre-airhead Minako lol.

She did try to save almost everyone that turned evil, but she had no problem battling villains in the first three series. Her wanting to save every damn person is what turns me off about SuperS and especially Stars, the sweet ending they gave Nehelenia totally ruined her for me.

cj_iwakura

Semantics >_>'

Anyway, I'm currently tidying up my XMBC set up and I'm planing on using the Box Set case art for each Season, however, I can only find S' art.

like so;

gAoHdVo.jpg

Anyone know where I could find scans of the other boxes?

I have the individual (reversible art!) DVDs for S, but I love that box.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Use the R2 DVD box cases, they're stylish.

Yeah, I guess a little, but I still liked it, though maybe I like the whole episode because it's pre-airhead Minako lol.
Minako was always meant to be pretty similar to Usagi, just that this means something completely different in the anime.

She did try to save almost everyone that turned evil, but she had no problem battling villains in the first three series. Her wanting to save every damn person is what turns me off about SuperS and especially Stars, the sweet ending they gave Nehelenia totally ruined her for me.
Nehelenia got a perfect ending at the end of Supers, but they had forgotten to do so much that they had to do another repair arc before they could even start Stars.

MikeMyers

Yeah I enjoy R a lot too. A lot of people seem to hate it because of Chibiusa and the break-up, but I don't mind those.

Still wonder what is so controversial about that dinosaur beach episode though.

I've always wondered what the Shojo version of Shonen Jump was.

Gundam reunion baby!

Yeah, wasn't Usagi willing to kill the chick for stealing Minako's boyfirend? I still like that episode, but I was like "whaaa" at Usagi's behavior there.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 73
tumblr_mdwumgV2c31ro8ba4o1_500.png

Esmeraude debuts, voiced by Mami Koyama! Meanwhile Chibiusa steals the Silver Crystal, and that doesn't go so well as...

tumblr_mdx34jAOQq1ro8ba4o6_500.png

...the Inner Senshi get captured by the bad guys. Sadly the fate of being the sidekicks.

tumblr_mdx1mevvNt1ro8ba4o1_500.png

Also, the fact that Mamoru collects merchandise of himself is hilarious.

Top Bottom