• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Conan-san

Interesting, I'm planning on watching that soon actually.

They also play Yamcha and Lunch in Dragon Ball, but the only time I recall them interacting is when they landed at the Red Ribbon Army base. They also battle some robbers together in the Piccolo arc, but they didn't talk to each other there.

They were also together in Casshern Sins, which wasn't too long ago.

Back on topic, watching Episode 76 in a bit. Isn't the Nurse Minako episode in R? I feel like I should have crossed paths with it by now.

I believe it's just a little bit after
Rubius kicks the bucket
and it comes just after the
Breakup
plot finishes up.

Almost as if Toei was like "yeah, this was a dumb idea, have a fun little episode where Minako ruins everyone's collective Christmas"

And she does.

More t-shirts: http://sailormoonnews.com/2014/05/1...shirts-for-sale-until-thursday-at-pop-up-tee/

http://popuptee.com/

Only available for 20 more hours. I'd like to get one, but, you know...I'm super cheap when it comes to buying things (that aren't video games). :/

Edit: Some fan art from an "Arina Tanemura": http://imgur.com/a/2MiBI

a96qGgc.jpg
kUd1USU.jpg
ndzezpR.jpg
fFiEVG6.jpg
ShfevE4.jpg
5g3VLSV.jpg
vCznzRp.jpg
XPXrvuP.jpg
oNzL47C.jpg
Gyzhp2F.jpg
RoqPpT6.jpg

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 76
tumblr_me0s0uj5bg1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Esmeraude strikes! Everyone is turning to cake, but Sailor Mercury helps save the day.

So it turns out she does interact straight away with her ex-hubby. She mentions that he is very handsome, and his reaction is in the gif at the end of this post. Also, I like how Makoto is the one who responds the breast size comment.

tumblr_me0wg3kG7q1ro8ba4o2_1280.png

tumblr_me0wg3kG7q1ro8ba4o3_1280.png

tumblr_me0wg3kG7q1ro8ba4o4_1280.png

Esmeraude is a lot more entertaining than I remember her being, but I gotta take my other final now. Then 77 starts!

tumblr_me0w32Wnij1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

BRB!

MikeMyers

Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! 10
Cure Honey is revealed! Wait, so is Cure Honey meant to be Sailor Venus, or is Aino Megumi meant to be her?

Sailor Moon R 77
tumblr_me2gwnWOBf1ro8ba4o2_250.png

Usagi trying to get Mamoru back, and even shes starting to have dreams he has. Due to this, it seems they mostly are able to get over their miscommunication.

Congrats for Usagi...
VKyt2EZ.gif

...too bad you'll still be irrelevant, Mamoru!

By the way, their communication watches totally reminds me of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Wow, I really like that fan art.

UberTag

With original episodes being steadily rotated onto Hulu and Neon Alley every "Moon"day, we can have a regular review/commentary cycle in this thread.

cj_iwakura

Not sure about the new voice... fantastic news otherwise. I'll only buy Stars, though. I put too much money into my other four boxes.

Wow..I was in the middle of work when they sprung this news, but my facebook blew up with the posts. This is amazing, in both that this is happening, and the amount of complaints that are already starting *lol* christ, be happy people.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wow..I was in the middle of work when they sprung this news, but my facebook blew up with the posts. This is amazing, in both that this is happening, and the amount of complaints that are already starting *lol* christ, be happy people.
Stockholm syndrome. Western Sailor Moon fans have been treated like shit in almost every respect for two decades--even by fans in a position to put an end to it!--and some have come to enjoy punishment.

MikeMyers

The lack of the original dub for nostalgic people.

Hey, just because it is getting a new dub doesn't mean the old one will be erased from existence although I bet most people wish it did.

I'm gonna stick to the original audio anyway. Will check out the new dub out of curiosity though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Doesn't mean it can't happen as DBZ has the Ocean versions...among others.

The rights would be a pain in the ass to sort out though.

Which wouldn't even work as an alternate audio track! You'd have to package it as a separate product.

Yup. There's an insane amount of editing in the original English dub...and some episodes are extremely different! And the finale of the first season was two episodes cut down to one!

No one's gonna go through the trouble to get the rights to release a completely separate set of episodes.

Isn't it just the first two seasons that would need a different release? I could have sworn S and SuperS had dual audio release.

Yeah, just the first two. S and SuperS had unedited dubs in the old DVD release.

And by unedited, I mean that they recorded audio for every scene that was missing from the Toonami versions...not that they weren't censored or altered in some way.

Though some of the scripts were actually pretty damn close to the original, but that's only for some episodes. Some were very different from the original Japanese scripts.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This is still the first competent release the show has ever gotten in any language. The Japanese DVDs suck.
The recent R2 sets are quite good. SMC just butchered them with their horrible encodes.

Not sure where Viz got their screencap because that's not how the R2 DVDs look for me!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thy probably made it look worse on purpose to make their own product look better, companies lie all the time.
It actually might be from an SMC encode since it has their trademark oversaturation, but it's not from episode 1 at least. I'll have to check other episodes to see if the right mix of oversaturation and detail preservation are there.

I posted samples in the OT thread for those who'd like to see.

So is everyone FREAKING OUT???

They need to get their Canadian streaming plans in order though.

You'll be waiting. That dumb Canadian rule of the percentage of Canadian residents working on something always comes into play. Hopefully they can work out something for you guys.

On the other end, #GODBLESSMURICA!!!

Conan-san

You'll be waiting. That dumb Canadian rule of the percentage of Canadian residents working on something always comes into play. Hopefully they can work out something for you guys.

On the other end, #GODBLESSMURICA!!!
I thougt that was a Canadian TV sort of thing.

So, Cast Speculation?

Cheerilee

Well apparently it's being done in LA, so it wont be their Candian Ranma 1/2 and InuYasha cast.

Maybe some Naruto and Bleach VA's?

LA means that Sugar (former YTV host and 2nd Chibimoon VA) and Vince Corazza (Alan from the Doom Tree arc and 3rd Tuxedo Mask) are possible. And both of them (all the VA's, really) said that they'd love to return.

Josh: We have a Sailor Moon, and she's been recording for the last week and a half. She's fantastic. We've recorded Queen Beryl and Jadeite--

Charlene: --and Tuxedo Mask!

Josh: And Tuxedo Mask! I think our fans are going to be very pleased with who has been chosen by us and our licensor.

I'd say there's a good chance that Vince is back.

Conan-san

Well apparently it's being done in LA, so it wont be their Canadian Ranma 1/2 and InuYasha cast.

Maybe some Naruto and Bleach VA's?

I'm supposing that it'll probably be Nu-Bang Zoom (Which is to say Bang Zoom plus the new VAs that've been added (Kira Buckly, Cassandra Lee, Bryce Papenbrook, etc)

Supprise Toonami-era addition: Stephanie Beard as ChibiUsa/S. ChibiMoon.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wonder how much backlash we'll here from the old-school fandom when they hear about Sailor Moon and her fellow Sailor GUARDIANS.
Not a huge fan of the switch from Soldier to Guardian as the official translation as it doesn't work as well in English dialogue, but it's whatever.

MikeMyers

I have a feeling that Viz is trying to distance themselves from the previous dub, so I don't think we'll see anyone from the 90s cast.

Top Bottom