• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Syrinx

The beach and cheering eps were good, though.

Yeah those were fine. Last one wasn't too great, but it did set up possibly learning a lot more about Fortune and what happened between her and Princess.
Princess was probably responsible for her sister dying/getting captured (probably the latter since this is Precure), but there are still details missing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah those were fine. Last one wasn't too great, but it did set up possibly learning a lot more about Fortune and what happened between her and Princess.
Princess was probably responsible for her sister dying/getting captured (probably the latter since this is Precure), but there are still details missing.
Hime opened the box, and Iona knows.

MikeMyers

So I'm hearing stories that the new Ranma 1/2 Blu-Ray Set 2 doesn't even have the opening anymore. I hope that doesn't happen to the Sailor Moon, even if it is like the same song until....Sailor Stars I think?

cj_iwakura

So I'm hearing stories that the new Ranma 1/2 Blu-Ray Set 2 doesn't even have the opening anymore. I hope that doesn't happen to the Sailor Moon, even if it is like the same song until....Sailor Stars I think?

You gotta be kidding me. That's my favorite OP from Ranma.

Shining, dreaming, oh so quickly

Ah, when subs were phonetically written.

Your Final Act thing has finally spread outside of the Toonami threads, huh?

Anyway, I doubt that they'll leave out any of the openings for Sailor Moon. It's too big a deal to do that, and they seem pretty insistent on having the best release possible.

MikeMyers

Oh dear, that's what happens when you are writing multiple posts at once. It wont even let me edit it out lol.

To be honest, the opening theme got stale after so many seasons. One thing I do like about Stars is that we got a new theme.

Pluto

Yeah, but the reviews were all different earlier on. You may notice an UPDATED paragraph later on in the review.
Oh, I guess that makes sense. I was just skimming until I got to the relevant parts, I must have missed that it was an update.

That reminds me, I still haven't bought the Ranma BDs.

Syrinx

So, is Viz planning to announce the release date for the first BD set at Anime Expo in three weeks? Or do we not know what they're planning yet?

So, is Viz planning to announce the release date for the first BD set at Anime Expo in three weeks? Or do we not know what they're planning yet?

"Viz will celebrate "Sailor Moon Day" on Saturday, July 5 (the same day that the new Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime premieres worldwide) at Anime Expo. Viz will host panels with announcements of the new dub cast and staff, as well as what Viz hopes will be the world's largest Sailor Moon cosplay gathering."

That's as much as I've heard/read.

Edit:
ibnuSmIceLkuU6.gif

Syrinx

"Viz will celebrate "Sailor Moon Day" on Saturday, July 5 (the same day that the new Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime premieres worldwide) at Anime Expo. Viz will host panels with announcements of the new dub cast and staff, as well as what Viz hopes will be the world's largest Sailor Moon cosplay gathering."

That's as much as I've heard/read.

Mm. Guess we just wait and see then.

I'm considering buying myself one of the S.H. Figuarts for my birthday, but I'm a bit hesitant since I don't own figures and I really don't want buying them to become a habit. But then that Mercury Figuarts Zero coming out in September looks rad as hell, but $90...

So yeah.

I bought the Sailor Moon figure for myself a few months ago.

It's pretty nice...but it just sorta stands there on top of one my speakers. It's very well made, but also...a lot smaller than I was expecting. I hadn't bought any figures in almost (or more?) than 10 years prior to that.

I don't know if I'll get any more. I'm glad that I didn't really pay anything for it thanks to having a bunch of gift card money in my Amazon account. Hah. $30~$50 is a bit much for them, if you ask me.

MikeMyers

I don't have any figures, but I do have that Sailor Mercury mug that we were talking about waaaaaay back in the thread. Although, I guess it can be noted I own a Buffy Summers action figure.

Box of Bunnies, this is for you!

tumblr_inline_n6vsr3c0PE1rbgegq.png

Syrinx

I'll say this: there's a reason I'm considering breaking my "no figures" rule (well not really a rule) for this show. And if I ever do buy an anime t-shirt, it would also be from this show (though I probably wouldn't wear it visibly in public).

MikeMyers

I'll say this: there's a reason I'm considering breaking my "no figures" rule (well not really a rule) for this show. And if I ever do buy an anime t-shirt, it would also be from this show (though I probably wouldn't wear it visibly in public).

I own a Sailor Moon T-Shirt that I wear publicly. Funny thing is, a Sailor Moon Memes page on Facebook shared my photo and it got over 1000 likes. I'm famous!

I don't really like collecting action figures since I wont have much use for them. Even for display purposes it wouldn't work as I like having space in my room.

@KDash31987: They probably got found on some wedding cake somewhere, ha!

@KDash31987: They probably got found on some wedding cake somewhere, ha!

f7fdcoB.jpg

(By the way, no need to type the numbers...I'm the only KDash around here. Hah. Plus I kinda hate those numbers.)

Anyway, I'd totally purchase and publicly wear a Sailor Moon shirt...if I wasn't so cheap. I've been tempted to buy one for years, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I also wanna buy some Jem shirts. Haha.

I've been thinking about getting at least one of these for a few months...
...but I haven't gotten around to it. Not sure if I ever will. It's like...I want them, but I'm also cheap. :/

I also don't know if I'd want a red shirt. I like the design, but I don't think red looks very good on me. The only red shirt I ever wear is a Boondocks one. I prefer black, blue, green, and sometimes yellow.

(I also mentioned Jem shirts earlier, and I wanted these: Beatles spoof shirt, Queen spoof shirt)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Any reference shirt must work as a shirt first and foremost. Otherwise it's like those godawful NFL shirts that they make when your team does well in the playoffs.

MikeMyers

jnfElO8QFfuZj.jpg

There's me in a T-Shirt, taken many years ago.

f7fdcoB.jpg

(By the way, no need to type the numbers...I'm the only KDash around here. Hah. Plus I kinda hate those numbers.)

Awesome cake, and I wont use the numbers again.

Buffy/Angel was my favourite. You know I actually really liked when she was paired up with Parker, and then they turned him into a douche. Ah well.

Haha, that's fantastic

Now we just need an Amuro Ray or Pegasus Seiya one.

Any reference shirt must work as a shirt first and foremost. Otherwise it's like those godawful NFL shirts that they make when your team does well in the playoffs.

As someone who knows next to nothing about football (besides playing video games of it once in a blue moon)...I have no idea what this means.

There's me in a T-Shirt, taken many years ago.

I'm sorta jealous. I wanted to get that shirt years ago, but I don't think it came in men's sizes, so I never got one.

Awesome cake, and I wont use the numbers again.

I wonder what flavor it is...

Anyway, PGSM cast, anime-style, here's Princess Sailor Moon and Sailor Luna, anime-style, by Marco Albiero:

That pose is "too cute" for Princess Sailor Moon, though.

Bladenic

I hope the new anime will be better balanced for the Senshi in terms of focus and whatnot. The OG anime had a huge hard on for Mars, and I'll never forgive the Stars bit where they died and Usagi rushed to Rei and basically didn't give a crap about the other 3 also dying.

Since it's faithful to the manga, I guess Minako might get more focus, which is pretty fine with me since she's my second favorite after Jupiter.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I hope the new anime will be better balanced for the Senshi in terms of focus and whatnot. The OG anime had a huge hard on for Mars, and I'll never forgive the Stars bit where they died and Usagi rushed to Rei and basically didn't give a crap about the other 3 also dying.
That's... extremely unfair. You can't really embrace all four limp bodies at once and she absolutely did mention the others.

MikeMyers

Poor Makoto really is Queen Shaft, did she even get her own episode in Stars?

That shirt did come in Men Size, as in the one I'm wearing. The female one was black and you couldn't see Luna properly. Nice PGSM picture too.

That shirt did come in Men Size, as in the one I'm wearing. The female one was black and you couldn't see Luna properly. Nice PGSM picture too.

...oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I guess I didn't get it just because I could never find one at my local Hot Topic stores. Heh.

Cheerilee

I'm sorta jealous. I wanted to get that shirt years ago, but I don't think it came in men's sizes, so I never got one.

I got a couple of Sailor Moon shirts from a booth that was set up for custom iron-ons. You pick the pattern, pick the shirt, and a minute later, it's done. I saw they had Sailor Moon patterns, so I couldn't resist.

Me: Hi, I'd like these two, men's, large.
Owner: That's a girl's pattern.
Me: Yes, I know. I'd like these two, men's, large.
Owner: Okay... but you have to pay upfront and you can't return them if you decide you don't want them.
Me: Why would anyone return a made-to-order shirt?
Owner: I dunno, they just do. Usually I toss it in back, and the next time someone orders one, I pretend I just made it. But I won't take yours back, because no other men are ever going to order these patterns, so I won't be able to flip them.
Me: Well, at least now I know my shirts are going to be freshly-made.
Owner: Hah! Yeah.

Hah! Nice story! I need to find one of those some day.

Which reminds me...there was a make your own t-shirt store down the street. They closed down, though, and I never even got to go in. :(

I would have made so many shirts...

Conan-san

I got a couple of Sailor Moon shirts from a booth that was set up for custom iron-ons. You pick the pattern, pick the shirt, and a minute later, it's done. I saw they had Sailor Moon patterns, so I couldn't resist.

Me: Hi, I'd like these two, men's, large.
Owner: That's a girl's pattern.
Me: Yes, I know. I'd like these two, men's, large.
Owner: Okay... but you have to pay upfront and you can't return them if you decide you don't want them.
Me: Why would anyone return a made-to-order shirt?
Owner: I dunno, they just do. Usually I toss it in back, and the next time someone orders one, I pretend I just made it. But I won't take yours back, because no other men are ever going to order these patterns, so I won't be able to flip them.
Me: Well, at least now I know my shirts are going to be freshly-made.
Owner: Hah! Yeah.

Thank god for online $11 a shirt stores.

MikeMyers

That T-Shirt I have wasn't available in stores from what I remember, you had to order online.

And PGSM Motoki is awesome.

hqdefault.jpg

Happy Fathers Day.

I think I was actually the first one to make that Peter Parker and Usagi picture. My friends and I watched Spider-Man 3 and Sailor Moon around the same time four or so years ago, and we noticed that...so I put them together like that. Hah.

Then I posted it on some Sailor Moon Facebook group and some random girl posted it on some meme site without asking. :(

That T-Shirt I have wasn't available in stores from what I remember, you had to order online.

Well...I guess that explains why I could never find it. Hah. Hot Topic always just had the women's shirts...

Well... That's the internet.

Cool that you made it though!

Yeah, the internet...heh. I'm sure that someone else put them together independently from me, though. The earliest example I could find online was a good year or so after I originally made mine, though.

Anyway, I randomly found this old screencap of a chat I had with a friend of mine on AIM years ago, and I figured you guys might get a good laugh out of it (I'm the one with the green text):

i1fJbuGJ0pDFe.jpg

Conan-san

Sailor Moon 09

Sailor Mercury is Robocop.

There were some funky video effect backgrounds when they were inside that clock maze, and this time stealing monster is all too real in real life too :p
1) Bah Dah dah dad dum, dah dah dah....

2) Really, if the best plan he can come up with is "Cast Haste on everyone" then Jedite sort of had that plane to the face coming.
I've seen Team Rocket plots be more menacing.

MikeMyers

Bishoujo.Senshi.Sailor.Moon.600.1029001.jpg

Happy Father's Day

Yeah, I really enjoy Usagi's mother in PGSM too. Minako's flamboyant manager was funny as well. PGSM in general had fun side characters

I think I was actually the first one to make that Peter Parker and Usagi picture. My friends and I watched Spider-Man 3 and Sailor Moon around the same time four or so years ago, and we noticed that...so I put them together like that. Hah.

That sucks, but I believe you that the meme is yours!

Sailor Mercury is Robocop.

Yeah, Ami's a bit of a film nerd. I'm pretty sure in Stars (the last season) she makes a Top Gun reference.

1) Bah Dah dah dad dum, dah dah dah....

2) Really, if the best plan he can come up with is "Cast Haste on everyone" then Jedite sort of had that plane to the face coming.
I've seen Team Rocket plots be more menacing.

Yup, sad to say it, but Queen Beryl was properly better off with Team Rocket than Jadiete. Wonder why Jadiete never got the chance to interact with the other Devas in the anime?

Top Bottom