• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Syrinx

I don't like the "Not a remake of the original anime" title. I get that it's a clear and easy way to convey what it is, but I kinda feel like we should have a little fun with the title. But it's up to MikeMyers.

MikeMyers

Lets do a poll.

(1) Would you prefer a title that is "fun" or just right to the point?
(2) Pick one out of:
-Moon Prism Power...Make Up!
-It's Moon Revenge
-No Toast!
(3) Pick one out of:
-Biweekly Anime Adaptation of the Original Manga
-Not the same anime. Not the same content
-Not a remake of the original anime

Answer all 3 questions, I'll work it out from there.

Lets do a poll.

(2) Pick one out of:
-It's Moon Revenge
-No Toast!
(3) Pick one out of:

1. Fun!
2. No toast. (Non-biased opinion.)
3. Biweekly etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Lets do a poll.

(2) Pick one out of:
-It's Moon Revenge
-No Toast!
(3) Pick one out of:

I've made my opinion on this known to you on twitter, but I'll say it again here for everyone's benefit. I think that a straightforward, informational title is best. References are fun and all, but it's probable that there are several potential viewers who have either managed to miss the various OT news threads concerning Crystal or, alternately, haven't been following it closely and are still under the impression that it's in production limbo. The thread title is our only tool for generating further awareness on GAF, so it should be used judiciously.

I came up with "Biweekly Anime Adaptation of the Original Manga", which I think encapsulates as much pertinent information about the show as you can probably fit in a title. Perhaps add "New" in front of "Biweekly" or "Begins 7/5" to the end, either/or as title space allows. We can use the whole rest of the OP for nods to existing fans if you have the inclination.

Conan-san

So the season lists are rolling and and we've hit a small snag.

In as much as Sailor Moon Crystal; ie the show that was supposed to be shown world wide has been region locked by Toei off of CR for the UK.

I really should have seen this coming, I really should.

MikeMyers

A new version of the Sailor Moon Crystal trailer, with glorious Yasuharu Takanashi BGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJmn-pyEwfk

Viz subtitled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUiewJt80eQ

Is it me, or does Usagi's voice actress feel a bit off there?

So the season lists are rolling and and we've hit a small snag.

In as much as Sailor Moon Crystal; ie the show that was supposed to be shown world wide has been region locked by Toei off of CR for the UK.

I really should have seen this coming, I really should.

That sucks, do you get Hulu?

I've made my opinion on this known to you on twitter, but I'll say it again here for everyone's benefit. I think that a straightforward, informational title is best. References are fun and all, but it's probable that there are several potential viewers who have either managed to miss the various OT news threads concerning Crystal or, alternately, haven't been following it closely and are still under the impression that it's in production limbo. The thread title is our only tool for generating further awareness on GAF, so it should be used judiciously.

I came up with "Biweekly Anime Adaptation of the Original Manga", which I think encapsulates as much pertinent information about the show as you can probably fit in a title. Perhaps add "New" in front of "Biweekly" or "Begins 7/5" to the end, either/or as title space allows. We can use the whole rest of the OP for nods to existing fans if you have the inclination.

Hmm, well lets see what everyone else says first. I think if most people don't want to use a "fun" one, we can just use that subtitle on this thread.

Ayumi

Lets do a poll.

(2) Pick one out of:
-It's Moon Revenge
-No Toast!
(3) Pick one out of:

1. Yes! That's why I also choose:
2. No Toast!
3. Biweekly Anime Adaptation of the Original Manga!

What my mind wants, is:
Biweekly Anime Reboot of the Original Manga: No toast!

Cheerilee

Lets do a poll.

(2) Pick one out of:
-It's Moon Revenge
-No Toast!
(3) Pick one out of:

1 - Fun
2 - No toast!
3 - Not a remake of the original anime

Edit:
Sailor Moon Crystal |OT| ... I should buy a yatch

Pluto

Lets do a poll.

(2) Pick one out of:
-It's Moon Revenge
-No Toast!
(3) Pick one out of:

1.I prefer something right to the point.
2. It's Moon Revenge
3. Biweekly Anime Adaptation of the Original Manga

MikeMyers

Just watched Episode 14 of Classic.

tumblr_n0tfadR1l21ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Loved seeing Usagi and Mamo-chan fight together! Does that youma remind anyone else of Morbious from the Spider-Man TAS?

Maybe...try and find a balance between fun and informative for the title? That is, if it's even possible.

Hmm, that could work. I'll leave the poll open for tomorrow and see what I decide.

That would be good, a little fun is never wrong, it is Sailor Moon after all.

Just 10 days now, we should start a countdown. :)

So close, yet so far away.

Ayumi

It's so weird seeing people referring to Sailor Moon as Classics.. still can't believe we'll be getting a new anime in 10 days.

So what do you guys think regarding a second reboot season? Personally, I believe there will be more than just season 1, given all the effort they put into everything (merc, musicals, etc) for 2 years.

Was kinda hoping for some movies too, but I think we shouldn't hope too high at first.
But I'm almost positive we'll be getting more than season 1.

Ayumi

July gashapon release! http://gashapon.jp/sailormoon/

img_item_11.png

Shipping is very cheap form Japan, so if I go for these and get double up, I'd be willing to ship the extra for free to whoever want them, since I only really want one of each.

Which characters are your favorites?

MikeMyers

So far "Biweekly Anime Reboot of the Original Manga: It's Moon Revenge!" might be most ideal.

I haven't done a direct comparison, but I'm pretty sure she's going for a lower pitch.

Funny thing is, if I didn't know any better, I think I would assume Usagi was the one recast and not Luna.

Which characters are your favorites?

Usagi, Mamoru, and Fisheye. Rei and Minako had some fun episodes too.

MikeMyers

Seems most people want a fun title.

Some recommendations from Hitokage:

"Moon Reboot Power Make Up!"
"Moon Power! Make me into a new adaptation!"
"In the name of the manga, I'll entertain you!"
"Putting the shoujo back in bishoujo senshi"

Thoughts? I like the third one, and am thinking between that or "Biweekly Anime Reboot of the Original Manga: It's Moon Revenge!"

Syrinx

Thoughts? I like the third one, and am thinking between that or "Biweekly Anime Reboot of the Original Manga: It's Moon Revenge!"

I think you should keep the reboot part short. Just put in parentheses (manga adaptation, not anime reboot) or something to that effect.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I like, in order: 2, 3, 1, 4.

Haven't been able to watch any of the newly updated Classic episodes, so I'm a bit behind, and I'm not sure if I want to juggle that with Crystal and trying to finish Kill la Kill. When does Crystal start again?

Ayumi

When does Crystal start again?

Next Saturday (5th) 7PM JST. I think that if you really can, you should watch the classic first. It's not because I recommend you to watch it first, but just because then you can save Crystal as a big treat for later. :3
I'm not patient to wait with watching Crystal! And I've already seen the classics.

But if you do have time, you can try watching both. They won't be exactly the same anyway.

Next Saturday (5th) 7PM JST. I think that if you really can, you should watch the classic first. It's not because I recommend you to watch it first, but just because then you can save Crystal as a big treat for later. :3
I'm not patient to wait with watching Crystal! And I've already seen the classics.

But if you do have time, you can try watching both. They won't be exactly the same anyway.

Yeah, I'll probably wait until Crystal is over.

It's also a good thing that Viz puts the episodes of Classic up on their own site, because I forgot to renew my Hulu Plus subscription.

Ayumi

Since I don't have a CR account I'm getting a 404 page.. not sure what more is in the article, but here's the staff list:

Queen Beryl: Misa Watanabe
Jadeite: Daisuke Kishio
Nephrite: Kousuke Toriumi
Zoisite: Masaya Matsukaze
Kunzite: Eiji Takemoto

(Usagi's mother) Ikuko Tsukino: Yuko Mizutani
(Usagi's younger brother) Shingo Tsukino: Seira Liu
(Usagi's classmate) Naru Osaka: Satomi Satō
(Usagi's teacher) Haruna Sakurada: Akemi Kanda
(Game Center Crown) Motoki Furuhata: Hiroshi Okamoto
(Usagi's classmate) Gurio Umino: Daiki Yamashita
(Usagi's classmate) Yumiko: Hyang Ri Kim
(Usagi's classmate) Kuri: Yukiko Morishita

Edit: 4 minutes of Sailor Moon Crystal episode 1 (camrip)
SPOILER WARNING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYsyJGc7DQ
(Please let me know if I should remove this from my post.)

Top Bottom