• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Sailor Moon 19

aoB8RSu.jpg

Trying to get a plushie of oneself, eh?

Some identities gets revealed and the
Moon Tiara Action
fails for the first time. And Poor Naru falling for the completely wrong guy.

Syrinx

Sailor Moon 19

Trying to get a plushie of oneself, eh?

Some identities gets revealed and the
Moon Tiara Action
fails for the first time. And Poor Naru falling for the completely wrong guy.

That derpy-looking cat-thing on the right looks familiar for some reason...

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon 19
Nephrite sends letters to everyone as Tuxedo Kamen in order to lure out Sailor Moon's human form. Well, everyone except Haruna who tries to cover it by being the voice of reason. I miss how side characters like her appeared less and less as the series went on, but oh well.

Sailor Moon 20:
Beach episode. I like how the anime crew stayed consistent with Usagi's swimsuit from that other episode. Other than that, this episode felt like a parody of the seventh Friday the 13th girl where some guy was trying to manipulate a girls psychic powers. Also, the GIF I post of everyone throwing balls at Usagi is from this episode.

Yeah I think the dub is pretty good, Mamoru could have been a bit deeper but overall I think it'll work. Usagi is perfect (for better or worse).

MikeMyers

Here's a dialogue comparison:

Viz Media:

Stephanie Sheh: If only, I had studied a little more....I HATE YOU I HATE YOU YOU STUPID TEST!

Robbie Daymond: Watch where you're throwing things bunhead

Stephanie Sheh: Uh, sorry.

Robbie Daymond: 30%? Looks to me you better study harder bunhead.

Stephanie Sheh: Well, that's none of your business.

Stephanie Sheh: Stupid jerk and his purple-pleaded pants, what a weirdo.

Toei Animation:

Kotono Mitsuishi: I should have studied harder Oh, die!

Toru Furuya: Hey, that hurts, Dumpling Head!

Kotono Mitsuishi: What? Oh, I'm sorry....

Toru Furuya: 30%? Study harder, Dumpling Head.

Kotono Mitsuishi: It's none of your business!

Kotono Mitsuishi: What's with him? I can't believe it, what a weirdo.

MikeMyers

First, this Gif is COOL:

tumblr_n8r3rdvJiK1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Second, for Kdash and Pluto, I finished Buffy S6 rewatch. It started off great but it lost a lot of momentum when Giles left and most of the plots went in circles (ex: Spike stalks Buffy, Spuffy happens, they break-up, Spike stalks Buffy), but once "Seeing Red" happened things picked up again. Warren was a pretty damn good villain who was dragged down by the Trio as a whole. His misogynistic personality was completely believable and completely hateable. I liked Dark Willow, and how Xander got to be the hero for once.

Time to rewatch S7!

cj_iwakura

Here's a dialogue comparison:

Viz Media:

Stephanie Sheh: If only, I had studied a little more....I HATE YOU I HATE YOU YOU STUPID TEST!

Robbie Daymond: Watch where you're throwing things bunhead

Stephanie Sheh: Uh, sorry.

Robbie Daymond: 30%? Looks to me you better study harder bunhead.

Stephanie Sheh: Well, that's none of your business.

Stephanie Sheh: Stupid jerk and his purple-pleaded pants, what a weirdo.

Toei Animation:

Kotono Mitsuishi: I should have studied harder Oh, die!

Toru Furuya: Hey, that hurts, Dumpling Head!

Kotono Mitsuishi: What? Oh, I'm sorry....

Toru Furuya: 30%? Study harder, Dumpling Head.

Kotono Mitsuishi: It's none of your business!

Kotono Mitsuishi: What's with him? I can't believe it, what a weirdo.

The rewrite seems like it has a lot of personality. Still not double dipping, though.

MikeMyers

Has anyone checked out the HD Remaster of Itunes? I haven't heard too many positive things about it.

I wonder if we'll ever see the pilot to that. Now would be a good time to strike!

Her eyes are gigantors.

I liked the Ali and En arc.

Same, R and S are my favourite seasons.

The rewrite seems like it has a lot of personality. Still not double dipping, though.

Eh, not a fan of the "Stupid jerk and his purple-pleaded pant" part. I think I'd rather have done something like "Stupid jerk, I hope I never see him again" to at least foreshadow that she will see him again in this episode.

Ayumi

Bought this from Look Human! One in black and one in blue. :3

Usually I prefer to stick with official merchandise, but sometimes I enjoy the unofficial ones too! I love wearing t-shirts and thought this was cute.

tr401atk-w484h484z1-57293-i-was-up-fighting-evil-by-moonlight.jpg

If you guys like Sailor Moon t-shirts (since Premium Bandai is not an option for everyone), there are some websites with fanart.
(Not stolen art, just sold/drawn by the same fanart artist.)

Just found Look Human, but Rebbubble.com is nice too. Lots of option/styles for males as well.

http://www.redbubble.com/explore/sailor+moon

cj_iwakura

Bought this from Look Human! One in black and one in blue. :3

Usually I prefer to stick with official merchandise, but sometimes I enjoy the unofficial ones too! I love wearing t-shirts and thought this was cute.

tr401atk-w484h484z1-57293-i-was-up-fighting-evil-by-moonlight.jpg

If you guys like Sailor Moon t-shirts (since Premium Bandai is not an option for everyone), there are some websites with fanart.
(Not stolen art, just sold/drawn by the same fanart artist.)

Just found Look Human, but Rebbubble.com is nice too. Lots of option/styles for males as well.

http://www.redbubble.com/explore/sailor+moon

I dig this one:

fc,220x200,black.u1.jpg

MikeMyers

As I said in the other thread: Luna I actually don't mind, but it's Mamoru that sounds off to me. I think there's just no English equivalent of Furuya.

I wonder if Keiko Han's daughter will get a role in Crystal? Maybe as Chibiusa if they cover Black Moon?

Also *Clears throat*

Michelle Ruff is Etna.

Have fun with that mental image.

Define "fun" & "mental image" for me?

Michelle Ruff sounds fine. She's the best female sage-like voice as you can get now of days outside of Wendee Lee and as much as I love her & her work she just wouldn't sound right as Luna IMO.

Mamoru sounds fine as well. Bunhead is a nice meet in the middle from Meatball-head which I love so dear but actually makes no sense to source material in question.

And Stephanie Sheh is Usagi. I had my doubts but she sounds awesome!

I like what we've heard of the dub so far. As a casual animu fan who's happy to roll with dubs as long as they're okay-ish I'm tempted to just watch the dub.

My only concern is missing out on Furuya. New dub Mamoru is okay, and I could deal with him if this was my first exposure, but he's no Furuya.

Zoe

Mamoru sounds fine as well. Bunhead is a nice meet in the middle from Meatball-head which I love so dear but actually makes no sense to source material in question.
It makes sense. Hair buns are called "dango" in Japan colloquially, and dumpling didn't convey the right kind of food in English.

Top Bottom