• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Ayumi

tumblr_inline_nic86cNCdN1qgl6qf.gif

Syrinx

Just a PSA for you guys who liked Crystal; the AOTY voting thread ends in like seven hours and I don't think I've seen a single vote for the show anywhere (personally I fell out mostly cause of the bi-weekly format and the hand-wringing over the production issues). So...if you don't want it to get shut out completely, maybe take a few minutes to do a ballot for some shows you've watched.

Just a PSA for you guys who liked Crystal; the AOTY voting thread ends in like seven hours and I don't think I've seen a single vote for the show anywhere (personally I fell out mostly cause of the bi-weekly format and the hand-wringing over the production issues). So...if you don't want it to get shut out completely, maybe take a few minutes to do a ballot for some shows you've watched.

I'll put in on my 2015 list if there's not a lot of other shows that's good :p

eastx

I've been away for a while - hope you guys have all been well.

Promised to show my daughter with her wand a while back, so here she is:

India-Sailor-Moon_zpsbac9b999.jpg

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 7
iFoixHu0Wb8jA.gif

One of the teachers is upset over his lack of relationships with his students. Hmm, so this series is changing from having two storylines divided by the eyecatches to having one storyline per episode? Oh, and I noticed that they played Mamoru's theme from S1 here, and then realized for the first time that Mamoru had a theme for both his human form and Tuxedo Mask in the original anime. That is pretty awesome.

Ayumi

They're sooo cute. Wish I had gone to both musicals.
Satomi's wig quality. Hnngh. I remember it being more yellow in real life. This gif has obvious extra brightness to it, but I like the color a lot, would be perfect for Serenity.
The original is a bit too yellow, but everything else about it is so good.

tumblr_nix7trgGHE1tm8b4eo1_500.gif

kuYuri

I am in the 40s for original Sailor Moon series and it's like bad filler hell. Some of these episodes are awful and some of the awful designs on the Youma. :|

Hope it picks up again soon.

EDIT: Just as I say that, it picks up again, heh.

MikeMyers

Thinking of using this as a reaction GIF:

tumblr_nifnbrtil31qai1u2o9_r1_250.gif

I'm gonna remove the cat part, but should it be motorcycle -> headshake or just the headshake?

Cheerilee

Thinking of using this as a reaction GIF:

tumblr_nifnbrtil31qai1u2o9_r1_250.gif

I'm gonna remove the cat part, but should it be motorcycle -> headshake or just the headshake?

If it's just the headshake, it won't loop perfectly, and might be a bit too short. So I think the motorcycle adds value to it.

Satomi's wig quality. Hnngh. I remember it being more yellow in real life. This gif has obvious extra brightness to it, but I like the color a lot, would be perfect for Serenity.

Love this post. Wish I could have seen some Sera-Myu live as well

Ayumi

So cute. HNNNNNGH. He looks a bit young though (He was 20~21 during PGSM) and it makes me feel bad for enjoying the gif... (ノ´д`)
I can just pretend he's one of the immortal looking Asians. A friend of mine is 45 and seriously looks 25 at most.

MikeMyers

He actually looks older in early PGSM than later PGSM.

Fun Fact: Jouji Shibue has the same birthday as Naoko Takeuchi, March 15th.

Ayumi

Closest Sailor Moon birthday I have is with Rei (she's 17th April, I'm 12).

How about you guys?

Btw, Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Venus' 90s seiyuu also share birthday (August 8th).

Sailor Moon R 31

Plenty of heartbreak in this episode.

But in the end dreams gets shared, the enemy who throws Olympic rings gets defeated and Usagi and Mamoru gets back together. Oh, and Naru and Umino is also a couple now.

eastx

It's nice to see live-action versions of the characters with meat on their bones. And Venus has a normal-sized head! Not that the PGSM ladies weren't beautiful. :)

MikeMyers

Michiru would be the one I'm closest to in terms of birthday. Which is ironic, considering she is my least favorite Senshi too.

Zoe

My birthday is Hinamatsuri which puts me close to Michiru. Even have a similar name, play(ed) a string instrument, and do (did) water sports, but I never latched on to her otherwise.

MikeMyers

My birthday is Hinamatsuri which puts me close to Michiru. Even have a similar name, play(ed) a string instrument, and do (did) water sports, but I never latched on to her otherwise.

March 3rd?

One day after mine.

I don't think I'm like any of the cast in terms of personality,

MikeMyers

Sailor Stars Chapter 6

Got to the River of Memory and River of Forgetting. Seems like Takeuchi is making a lot of characters here, kind of getting overwhelming.

@Spyhunterzero: In-between Ami (Sep. 10) and Minako (Oct. 22).

Top Bottom