• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Ayumi

Assuming TOEI knows better than to use VIZ' shit, then I'm really excited for April!

tumblr_mfrxknje4B1rqrq7ho1_500.gif

Pluto

... and there's a chance that it's a real HD remaster, because Toei magically found that film which Viz said didn't exist.
I always assumed Viz was talking out of its ass to justify the awful upscales, there's going to be a real HD remaster and I'm going to spend whatever they charge for the DVDs. Toei should include english, french, german, spanish and italian subtitles, that would be awesome, it's not going to happen but it would be really awesome.

eastx

Here's hoping to improved Japanese remasters... But if they really exist, I wonder if Viz will get them. I'd much rather purchase an official release than fansubs. Then again, I guess someone like me could buy the real release and still watch the fansubs in order to keep it legal.

MikeMyers

I finished re-reading the manga, so here are my thoughts:

Dark Kingdom: A decent beginning, and the end is suspenseful, but the art felt really rushed at times. Like it could be wonky and hard to follow, and stuff like the infamous Minako sword scene should have gotten an entire manga page dedicated to it.
Black Moon: A huge step-up from Dark Kingdom. Much better villains, development, and art.
Infinite: Pacing was kind of weird in the beginning because it felt like Takeuchi didn't know what the hell to do with Haruka and Michiru. Outside of that I really enjoyed the Saturn storyline and the end was amazing.
Dream: It was nice to see everyone get attention, but this one just left me cold. I really like Queen Nehelenia, and felt like she didn't get enough screentime, even for manga villain standards.
Stars: Really suspenseful and intense. The only chapter I wasn't digging was the river one, jut felt like Takeuchi was adding too many character at this point, but other than that, this was my favorite arc. Kind of a shame the anime version had to be so different.

I have read Sailor V, but not Short Stories. I'll probably give both a read after I finish GW! and blog about them.

New S.H. Figuarts figures: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor V, and Zoisite in Sailor Moon disguise.

So now there's Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus, Neptune, Chibi Moon, Tuxedo Mask, Super Sailor Moon, Sailor V, and Zoisite as Sailor Moon.

And still no Sailor Pluto.

Edit: Sailor Pluto!

Ayumi

Uwah, I really want that Super Sailor Moon and V!

Was going to Wonfes myself (where those photos are from) but I wasn't feeling well today.. :<

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 13
ibtxJZKqj7SUjY.gif

Tennis Match episode between Chibi-Chibi and Queen Beryl. This was extremely GIF-able, and was probably the one I enjoyed the most yet. Now I wanna rewatch the tennis episode of Clasic.

Syrinx

There was one time in the Skype Chat for this Community that I didn't realize my microphone was on and was watching The Simpsons. Spyhunterzero managed to work out what episode it was on sound alone.

I probably could have done it.

Assuming it was a season 1-8 episode anyway.

eastx

Finally, I thought it was never going to happen. :D

I also want Sailor V, I'm not sure about Super Sailor Moon and I don't care about Zoisite Moon.

Aww, I think Zoisite Moon is a pretty cool and unusual choice for a figure. I'd like to see more characters than only the Senshi.

Ayumi

Aww, I think Zoisite Moon is a pretty cool and unusual choice for a figure. I'd like to see more characters than only the Senshi.

Like someone on my Twitter jokingly said while tweeting the Zoisite photo:
"We already have the base figure made, so why the hell not?"

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 14
ibp0FCxXx692mq.gif

Minako is upset that she has gained weight, especially when everyone is getting tested. Later, Beryl manages to 1-up Minako, but her love for Aoi gets in the way. So Aoi is Mamoru?

Pluto

I would love more than only senshi (and Tuxedo Kamen) but I think Zoisite Moon is a cheat, technically we're getting a male villain but it's actually just the Sailor Moon figure with a different paintjob and a new face.

I'll probably end up buying Zoisite anyway to support the line but I would be much happier if they had actually released a male villain figure.

If they want to do Sailor variations I think Minako Moon from Usagi's birthday episode would be a good choice.

In my dream world we would get the Starlights, the asteroid senshi, galaxia and her crew plus the Manga exclusive Sailors from Stars, Beryll, the Shitenou, the four R villains plus the four spectre sisters, the Witches 5, Kaolinite, the amazon trio and Nehellenia.

Personally I don't care about Death Phantom (great character but would be a boring figure), Prof. tomoe Zirconia and Princess Kakyuu.

MikeMyers

Yeah, that was probably the weakest episode in the R season. It was kinda just there and didn't really seem to serve any importance.

MikeMyers

At this point it is going the Criterion collection buying the rights of Viz to get a decent DVD release.

Too bad that won't happen.

Sailor Moon R 34

Such meanness :p

So, a droid actually comes up with a good plan for once, only to be beaten by the power of friendship and trust. Oh, and Tuxedo Mask gets his ass kicked in this episode too. All while Esmeraude takes a bath.

MikeMyers

Goldfish Warning! 15
ig26H4EZJFI7e.gif

Minako and Beryl have a contest to see whose school is smarter, or maybe I should say, to see whose school is less dumb. :p

Also:
jRivO794fu1zi.png

jGMNOMtnHIxAn.jpg

Top Bottom